NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble holding my tongue. I keep writing posts then scrubbing it out and starting again.

I'm kind of wondering when anyone in Australia (friends/family) is going to start standing up for this lovely little girl? I've yet to see it.

BTW----TV media has now dropped the case

If it were my daughter/granddaughter I would have been on the first flight I could book and I would be in the media's face getting the story front page everyday til I had some resolution I would also be in my son's face 24/7 til he gave me some straight answers

What other family members spoke to the media besides Adam, and Brittany and her mother(married to Elisa's nephew)?

I haven't kept a list, so I'm not sure. I do know several current and ex members of the family who were interviewed by LE in the beginning have spoken freely on social media, as well, and I am sure that is also something LE is looking at, in conjunction with any print/TV media interaction.

There could even be some interviews or off the record discussions that weren't actually included in filed reports that LE would like to know about from outlets willing to cooperate.

When Z was back in Australia, wasn't there fund raisers held for her? When she was fighting cancer? Please correct me if I am wrong but I swore I read old reports linked here about fund raisers that put her in the media for her cancer.

Z's health care costs were free right. So any of that money raised would have been for her future right? Now look at the fact that Z didn't get an updated leg. She needed a free hearing aid by charity. She didn't seem to have many clothes.

It's just nagging at me that maybe one of the reasons EB was attracted to AB was the money raised. She can't keep her sticky hands off of other people's money which is why she is sitting in jail right now. I can just see that money raised for Z going straight to EB once her feet hit Australian soil and gone in 30 seconds.

Please someone sooth my thoughts and tell me I am over reacting.

Oh i dont think you are over reacting at all.
that money may have been used for them to come to America. that is not inexpensive, but did they have fund raisers here in North Carolina for her also?
these ppl seem to like money and not have to be responsible for paying it back....

Do we have a doctor that has said this child has Cancer? Did she see a doctor here?

Why are they asking her bio mom for medical records if she hasnt seen her since she was 8 months old? Dental records NO way!!!!

If it were my daughter/granddaughter I would have been on the first flight I could book and I would be in the media's face getting the story front page everyday til I had some resolution I would also be in my son's face 24/7 til he gave me some straight answers

It's surprised me no one (that we know of) from Aus has gone to the States.

Yes why is that???? Maybe they have something to hide also!!!!!

Maybe this is why they are seeking medical records!!!!!

Can someone fill in these blanks for me please? TIA! Very much!

1. The date and time the 911 call about the fire came in?

2. The date and time the 911 call by AB about Zahra being missing came in?

3. The date and time that LE says it was requested on scene by the fire department:
Time: Call received 5:20 on scene 5:30 (AM correct?)
Date:

I can't puzzle this out. thank you very much.

I understood LE was in contact with bio mom but I took the statement about LE trying to track down Z's med recs from Australia as a separate statement.

They are in contact with Z's paternal grandmother (who AB abd Z resided with in Australia, so I am betting she is helping get together a list of treating phsyicians and hospitals.

We have no knowledge that Z was recently suffering a recurrence of her cancer while here in America. That is simply speculation at this point.

I kind of thought that some charitable persons or business would have offered to cover the cost for at least the grandmother to come over right away. If her son knows something, who better to get it out of him. Don't care how old you are, it's tough to lie face-to-face to your own mother and her not know it (and not be able to get it out of you eventually).

Maybe she is doing something helpful from her end there in Aus and is more useful to LE and the investigation in that capacity for the time being. It is sort of odd and sad, though.

Thank you Kat for the welcome! :)

I think EB and AB were afraid that their crimes where catching up to them and might be arrested anytime soon and then made this whole story of her kidnapping up to cover there butts.

I kind of thought that some charitable persons or business would have offered to cover the cost for at least the grandmother to come over right away. If her son knows something, who better to get it out of him. Don't care how old you are, it's tough to lie face-to-face to your own mother and her not know it.

Maybe she is doing something helpful from her end there in Aus and is more useful to LE and the investigation in that capacity for the time being. It is sort of odd and sad, though.

I too would ahve thought some charity, newsorganization, an airline, some agency would have offered to get her here if she wanted to be. But I think she is coordinating with LE over here to gather any and all records of Z that may help in teh current investigation. MOO

I kind of thought that some charitable persons or business would have offered to cover the cost for at least the grandmother to come over right away. If her son knows something, who better to get it out of him. Don't care how old you are, it's tough to lie face-to-face to your own mother and her not know it.

Where is Lenny P? I bet he would help if asked

No passports? They can apply for an emergency passport - meaning, one quick to process, can be done in 24 hours, have to apply for ESTA which takes 72 hours - failing that maybe they don't have the available funds. Hard to imagine the family couldn't scrape enough money together for one or two to fly over.

Flights from Sydney to North Carolina start about $2,000 per person for a 2 week turnaround and go up to ~$2,800.00, NOT including a hotel, food, car etc.

With today's economy, who knows if the grandparents even have that kind of money to travel to the USA. We also don't know if they have passports to travel.

AB's mother would probably slap him upside the head so hard it would knock him into Never Never Land.

What really sticks in my craw is that AB probably used Zahra's laptop in Oz to meet up with EB - the laptop that the community raised funds for to help Zahra keep up with her studies. This really, really and truly burns me.

Somebody needs to be front and center in his face - Dad gets no pass from me.

I would swim if I had to

but that is me

I would imagine that is would be quite expensive to come here and they may not have the money. Also, they may not have passports.

Personally, I would beg, borrow and steal if I had to but the passport may be a lil issue. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503