NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she applied for disability but it doesn't say she was approved or on Disability. I would think if she had proof from a doctor that she is really sick she would be on disability. She apparently took her Ex's narcotics and he couldn't get anymore for himself. If she really had Lupus why wouldn't she get them from her own doctor?

She has claimed so many illnesses it wouldn't surprise me if she applied for disability with no proof to get monthly checks.

true. Application doesn't equal diagnosed or approved for benifits. I would be interested to know if she has Lupus or if its just another gothicfairy-tale.

But the possibility of an actual illness is another angle to take into consideration.

I just creeped myself out when I wrote that the parents should have helped her put her leg on in the morning if she needed help and I got to thinking about what if the reason Zahra kept in her room so much was that they didn't always give her the prosthesis and she just couldn't go out of her room because she couldn't walk without it.
This reminded me of something else that should've been found in the house: crutches. One of the people I knew who had a prosthetic leg had a pair of crutches to get around when he wasn't wearing the prosthesis, and they were kept in the bedroom. MOO

Not if the leg was the murder weapon...and not if they were able to dispose of the body pretty thoroughly thru fire, are (God forbid) wood chipper, cement mix, and those things wouldnt conceal a prostetic leg very well, so they through it in some random garbage. im thinking its the weapon, have felt that ever since I heard the tape

Oh. My. :sick:

You are probably right. Which is even worse.

FYI - wood chipper hits have been Ruled Out by LE.

INteresting point from the poster about the crutches tho. I hadn't even considered that.

Perhaps they're focusing on the leg because they're hoping to locate it via metal detector, so pinning their hopes on that re search in dump?

My husband came up with this theory.

Zahra may have been complaining that her leg was hurting her. Maybe wanting help to get it on. Maybe she had it on and the wicked step mother wanted her to do something and Zahra complained about her leg hurting her. Wicked step mother pulled the leg off her in an angry fit saying, "I'll show you how this leg will hurt you" and hit her in the head with it.

He believes that Zahra laid in bed with a serious brain injury, hence the reason why biodad didn't see her and said she didn't come out of her room. He believes Zahra died from a brain injury (probably no blood as the injury was internal from blunt force from a weapon that was made of metal wrapped in a soft covering).

It's possible that EB told AB she died from something he had done to her. So EB convincing AB he had caused the child's death, they worked together to destroy the body and any evidence, including the murder weapon. Or he may know nothing at all (which I doubt).

People with brain injuries that put them in a vegetative state lose control of bladder, bowel, and even saliva functions. Could be what they are looking for on the mattress.

Hickory, North Carolina (CNN) -- North Carolina authorities have been in contact with Zahra Baker's biological mother in Australia and have asked for the medical records of the missing 10-year-old girl.

"We're in the process of getting medical information from Australia, and we're in the process of getting medical records here," said Clyde Deal, the deputy police chief of Hickory on Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/19/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html

What is nice about her two ailments is that typically they are a catch all or "when all else fails" diagnoses.

For example, a normal EEG does not rule out a seizure disorder. An abnormal EEG does not mean you have one either. Most of the dx is done via self reporting.

As for lupus, many signs are presumptive for lupus, barring other things like a thyroid disorder, PCOS etc...right?

I just creeped myself out when I wrote that the parents should have helped her put her leg on in the morning if she needed help and I got to thinking about what if the reason Zahra kept in her room so much was that they didn't always give her the prosthesis and she just couldn't go out of her room because she couldn't walk without it.

That would be despicable.. and I wouldn't doubt that they did that. Perhaps that's why she got beatings.. for making a loud fuss in her room because she couldn't walk. That thought creeps me out too and makes me very sad to even imagine :( Especially if, God forbid, she was also killed with it too.

Our rights under our Constitution are not JMO, and the polygraph is not a foolproof device.

Sorry to interrupt the flow here, but I really want to comment here. I have a friend who is in LE and he administers polygraphs. He has been sent to Quantico numerous times to study updates in polygraphy.

The polygraph of today is not the same old polygraph it was in the old days. It is much more effective now.

I am fully aware that no one can be forced to take a poly. I am also fully aware that they are not admissable in court proceedings UNLESS stipulated by both sides. The polygraph may not be a foolproof device, but it is a tool that LE uses in their investigation.

I see no reason an innocent person will refuse to take one as the polygraph results cannot be used in a court of law unless agreed upon and no guilty party would agree to the results being used in a court of law anyway. (sorry for the run on sentence)

Just as everything else is improved over time; so is the polygraph as well as it's effectiveness.

As an aside -I would really like to see AB be administered one. Mark Klass certainly did not back up from taking a polygraph and LE was able to move on and find the real killer of Polly. I do not think AB killed Zahra, but I do believe he is very involved in the coverup and disposal of her body.

JMO, MOO

This reminded me of something else that should've been found in the house: crutches. One of the people I knew who had a prosthetic leg had a pair of crutches to get around when he wasn't wearing the prosthesis, and they were kept in the bedroom. MOO

Someone posted a pic here today where Zahra is at a wedding and she has crutches.

agatha, I believe I either heard it wrong or Natisha reported it wrong. She apparently lived in Australia for a year and a half according to her daughter in court today. I sincerely apologize if it was my error.

Oh, okay.. however.. I'm pretty sure sleuthers already established a 6-month timeframe in Australia. I don't have any links handy to back that up though. (if memory serves me, something like July - Nov 2008)

Hello Agathawannabe :)

Was just going over those records you provided a link for last night. Found a possible connection going to EB's state of mind when Zahra went missing. I'm going to share it with the group for informational purposes.

We've all heard about the theft larceny by employee charge EB had...well here's some court info. Apparently she was served on 10/10/2010, one day after Zahra went missing. I think she went missing on the 9th, maybe the 8th unsure.

Follow the colored pool balls for possible relevant info. It looks like this had originally been scheduled for trial today also. Probably got a continuance. Posted for informational purposes.

caseinfo.jpg

FYI - wood chipper hits have been Ruled Out by LE.

INteresting point from the poster about the crutches tho. I hadn't even considered that.
Attaching the leg is time consuming and difficult even for someone who has been doing it for a long time, and honestly wouldn't likely be done for something like getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, for example - therefore, the crutches. :) MOO

What is nice about her two ailments is that typically they are a catch all or "when all else fails" diagnoses.

For example, a normal EEG does not rule out a seizure disorder. An abnormal EEG does not mean you have one either. Most of the dx is done via self reporting.

As for lupus, many signs are presumptive for lupus, barring other things like a thyroid disorder, PCOS etc...right?

Yep Lupus is one of the most difficult diseases to diagnose because it mimics many other diseases.

But, just because she applied doesnt necessarily mean that she collected.
It is a very long process and if I had to guess I dont believe she collected, she applied. Maybe wrong,and I really dont believe she has lupus,seizures etc. I think her illness are caused from illigal drug use, the first chioce crystal meth.

OMGosh ~ I am just too naive. :doh: I never even thought about it being drug connected but what you say makes so much sense to me personally as I have "drug induced lupus." I got it from taking a truckload of prescribed, legal drugs for a totally different disease. If you contracted drug induced lupus from illegal drug use I, too, doubt it would qualify for disability income. The seizures could certainly be a complication of illegal drug use, too.

In any case, I can believe (even more so now) that she does have these ailments, whether she's collecting for them or not.

Yep Lupus is one of the most difficult diseases to diagnose because it mimics many other diseases.

Excellent point - it is indeed. (Wow, if it turns out that EB was faking the symptoms of lupus, just when I thought I could not like her less, I'd be able to: a favorite writer, Flannery O'Connor, from Georgia, died of lupus at 39, her brilliant career cut way too short.)

It's not been my experience that lupus is one of those "when all else fails" type diagnoses. There are a lot of blood tests that can be used to check for various types of lupus and associated syndromes, the most common marker being a high count on the ANA test (also sed rate, c-reactive protein, tests for sjogren's -- lots of things to be looked at). I think it would be hard for someone to successfully fake lupus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbandit22