NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear Natisha say the trash from the county they currently live in does not come to this landfill, but from some of their previous residences?

You are correct, that is exactly what she said. The last 3 places they haved lived dumps garbage there. So we are now talking about 6+ weeks ago unless AB/EB took something there themselves.

They also said this guy from London has been sending her money for about a year.

I would like to know what was so important that he had to tell his boss (WHO CAN'T HELP HIM) BEFORE calling 911 (WHO CAN HELP HIM) when he realized that his daughter went missing.

I don't feel that Adam was at the landfill during the hours before he made the 911 call.

Where do you think he was Patty? Has anyone been able to establish he went to work that we know of? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

If the Dad is arrested he will lawyer up. Right now if they find something really damning they can use it to put pressure on him to talk. MOO

Plus, being 'free' gives him the opportunity to talk to friends, chat online, text, and let things slip in other telling ways....all of which may come back to bite him in the *advertiser censored** later.

I would like to know what was so important that he had to tell his boss (WHO CAN'T HELP HIM) BEFORE calling 911 (WHO CAN HELP HIM) when he realized that his daughter went missing.

I think they tried to use the boss to "shore up" their story. Poor guy can you imagine? First he gets the call about the note and the fire, and then AB calls him and says they took Zahra by mistake.......:waitasec:

Trash from Burke, Caldwell and Mcdowell (the last one was a little harder to hear) Counties go to this dump POSSIBLY MORE, but those were the ones the SO confirmed, though he walked off before elaborating.

The landfill in Caldwell County where they are searching is part regional landfill meaning the landfill does take waste from outside Caldwell County on a limited basis by tonnage.

The clients the landfill take this out of county waste from is not really known but is available and is mostly from neighboring counties and municipalities.

I'm going to guess that the $10,000 EB received over the last year went to drugs. Look at her. You don't lose weight like that naturally.

As for the landfill and narrowing the dates, landfills are planned out systematically. You can find videos on youtube that explain how they work.
It has to do with space and decomposition rates. They'd know exactly when the evidence was dumped.

This shocks me, too. Why call boss man before 911? It makes absolutely no sense!

Also, good theory above on prosthetic as murder weapon. Very sad thought, but could be spot on.

(i'm so on and off today. we had our own little drama here just a bit ago. home invasion a few houses down. lots of activity. i feel immersed in crime at the moment. ugh /ot rant)

Not sure if this means anything or not or if someone else has mentioned it. in this article they tell everyone to dispose of deer remains at Foothills Environmental Landfill. Maybe AB went "hunting" and was said to dump his deer remains here?

http://www.allbusiness.com/environment-natural-resources/ecology-environmental/13653759-1.html

There should be no reason to dump animal remains along roads or anywhere else. While they can not be taken to the convenience centers in the county, they can be disposed of at the Foothills Environmental Landfill located at 2800 Cheraw Road, just off Abington Road between Lenoir and Collettsville.

Does anyone recall any neighbor or anyone at all saying they saw AB looking for Z that day just before he called 911 to report her missing? It was reported that he went around the block looking for her. I find this strange since he says in the 911 call that she must have been abducted. If he believed that, why waste time looking around the block? What kidnapper would have left her on the block to be found for free? But if he really did look for her, wouldn't he have stuck his head inside every surrounding business to ask if they'd seen her? Wouldn't he have asked everyone he saw? Has anyone ever come forward to say he was, indeed, hunting for her that day?

We really need to start collecting all the things that Amber said in court so we have them all in one place.

Earlier I heard that Elisa would leave the state if she was released from jail and now there is another statement where Amber states Elisa was thinking of leaving before she got arrested.

Is there one (reliable) MSM article that has all of these details within the same article?

Baker appeared at her bond hearing Wednesday by video camera, while three of her children were in the courtroom.
One adult daughter, Amber Fairchild, testified they frequently moved when she was growing up and she was afraid of her mother.
Fairchild also said her mother was talking to a man from England on the Internet who sent her $10,000. Zahra's father, Adam Baker, met Elisa Baker online and moved from Australia to live with her several years ago.
Fairchild said Baker told her she wanted to leave North Carolina the day before she was arrested.
Prosecutor Eric Bellas said Baker has missed several court appearances earlier.
"The only time this defendant comes to court is when the sheriff's office brings her to court," Bellas said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/20/AR2010102002735.html

Elisa Baker appeared at the hearing via closed-circuit television, wearing pink jail scrubs over a white long-sleeved shirt. Her daughter, Amber Fairchild, testified that her mother has never been employed that she can recall and has never had a stable residence. After Zahra was reported missing, Fairchild testified, Elisa Baker told her she wished she could leave the state.
Fairchild said if her mother were released, she would fear for her safety and that of her family. "I would have to leave the state," she said.
Fairchild also said her mother has been in touch with a man in London, England, and picked up money from him just before her arrest. She estimated the man has given her mother $10,000 over the last year.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/20/north.carolina.missing.girl/

Elisa Baker’s daughter, Amber Fairchild, testified against her mother during Wednesday’s bond hearing.“Has your mother ever, since the time you’ve known her, had a stable residence?” a prosecutor asked Fairchild.“No,” she replied.“Ma’am, do you have any concerns about your safety and or your family if your mother is released on bond?” the prosecutor asked.“Yes, I do,” Fairchild said. “If she got out, I would have to leave the state.”
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25455496/detail.html

can you imagine what some of the people must look like on the other side of those virtual reality sims? ouch

for le to expend such a large amount of manpower at the landfill, imho they must have a very specific lead.

I think AB found that out the hard way. So sad that it cost him his daughter...

Why do you think they're looking specifically in the landfill? Could it be that the witnesses they referred to said they saw someone put the prosthesis in a dumpster? Wouldn't they, otherwise, be looking for both the body and leg in the same place?

Elisa Baker appeared at the hearing via closed-circuit television, wearing pink jail scrubs over a white long-sleeved shirt. Her daughter, Amber Fairchild, testified that her mother has never been employed that she can recall and has never had a stable residence. After Zahra was reported missing, Fairchild testified, Elisa Baker told her she wished she could leave the state.
Fairchild said if her mother were released, she would fear for her safety and that of her family. "I would have to leave the state," she said.
Fairchild also said her mother has been in touch with a man in London, England, and picked up money from him just before her arrest. She estimated the man has given her mother $10,000 over the last year.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/20/north.carolina.missing.girl/

Poor, poor Amber. I just love this girl for standing up in court and doing all she can to keep her mother locked up. I have no doubt she is scared to death of the possibility of her mother being released as Amber has children of her own to protect.

Why do you think they're looking specifically in the landfill? Could it be that the witnesses they referred to said they saw someone put the prosthesis in a dumpster? Wouldn't they, otherwise, be looking for both the body and leg in the same place?

Not if the leg was the murder weapon...and not if they were able to dispose of the body pretty thoroughly thru fire, are (God forbid) wood chipper, cement mix, and those things wouldnt conceal a prostetic leg very well, so they through it in some random garbage. im thinking its the weapon, have felt that ever since I heard the tape

I'm going to guess that the $10,000 EB received over the last year went to drugs. Look at her. You don't lose weight like that naturally.

As for the landfill and narrowing the dates, landfills are planned out systematically. You can find videos on youtube that explain how they work.
It has to do with space and decomposition rates. They'd know exactly when the evidence was dumped.

So this landfill has hours of operation (sorry can't remember the times without looking it up) so IF AB/EB did dump something there since they moved to this new house then someone would have had to see them, right?
Not only that, if they did would someone there tell them which pile to put it in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member