NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elisa should have been DENIED bail. UGGHHHHHHH.

Totally understand your sentiment but given the charges she is up on in THIS matter, that would have been beyond the pale unfair. While I understand your frustration, these charges are for things unrelated to Z and must be handled that way.

I pray we see charges against EB for harming Z very soon. Then we can expect no bail or extremely high IMO

Right with you on that one, but I would imagine there are certain bail parameters the judge has to follow on these particular charges, and "no bail" might not be an option.

The landfill is open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. When a team is not searching, law enforcement will be posted outside the landfill to ensure the search is not compromised. Personal vehicles wanting to drop off trash will be turned away.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/20/24/authorities-search-caldwell-co-landfill-ar-468487/

If they are worried about the search being compromised....they must think there is more than one suspect. IMO.

not necessarily. They may be concerned about looky loos, amature sleuths, and just locals coming to dump their own garbage. So they are turning folks away and guarding the scene. Pretty sure that is SOP

I think the way that LE released the calls, with the "How you doing" being first the day before, they are kinda saying what they think about his story, KWIM? They knew how that was going to make him look.

Do we have a link to the audio on that one?

sigh, enough lurking for now. busy day here.

This is the second case in NC where a child was missing/presumed dead that a parent was involved where there was bail.

In Shaniya's case, nobody thought AD would come up with the money. We thought no one would bail her out because it was safer for her pregnant self to be in jail.
We were wrong. She is out now awaiting trial for selling her child to a rapist/murderer for a drug fix. :eek:

I think all crimes against children charges should have no bail. That's just myy opinion.

And/or that curious public/reporters may damage evidence or take anything!

That's true, but I think if you take it as part of the "whole" picture, what LE has said, etc...I think it points to they are basically saying, "don't even think about it", to another perp.

They refuse to clear anyone, they are looking for an outside witness that has seen Zahra in the last month, if they believed AB they would not be trying so hard to find one. They way they released the 911 call, it all - to me anyway- says they think AB is involved and are watching his every move.

Oh and add to that, if AB thought EB was this monster that killed his child....he would have been at that hearing yesterday to make sure she stayed put. So either he's still blind, which I don't believe or there was another reason he didn't show up.

Then he went on to say something that surprised even me. "I'm actually surprised he called 911 for a missing person." So I asked him who he would call, and he said he'd just ring the local police station. So maybe it isn't so odd that AB called his boss before calling 911, or seems to not know what to say. I'd love to hear what the boss has to say about the conversation they had.:waitasec:

I wondered about this myself. What kinda clued me in is that in the first part (before he is transferred) when he says "Hey how ya doin...? I need police."

Most US citizens would know that calling 911 will take care of everything. It seemed to me like he didn't know that and asked to be connected to police. As if 911 was just a dispatch to EMT / Police / Fire and would connect you with that "department".

This is the second case in NC where a child was missing/presumed dead that a parent was involved where there was bail.

In Shaniya's case, nobody thought AD would come up with the money. We thought no one would bail her out because it was safer for her pregnant self to be in jail.
We were wrong. She is out now awaiting trial for selling her child to a rapist/murderer for a drug fix. :eek:

I think all crimes against children charges should have no bail. That's just myy opinion.

difference here is in the other case, she was charged with trafficking her baby. In this case EB is charged with petty offenses. Petty offenses, petty bail. When she IS charged with harming Z, I hope the bail is through the roof.

Now I REALLY have to get some work done.

911 does go to the local police station. Morning Ya'll.

Yes, 911 here (Canada) goes to the 911 operator, the same as in the USA and you're then asked whether you need police, fire or ambulance. Australia has 000 as their emergency number, and it goes to the equivalent of our 911 operators. We also have access to a separate number for our police department for 'non-emergency' calls. (Please note that I am in NO way suggesting that a missing child is a 'non-emergency' situation!)

What I found interesting was the fact that my Australian friend wouldn't think about calling 000 for a missing person. I think a LOT is being made about AB's actions and reactions when there really is a cultural divide involved that makes it darn-near impossible to judge what 'normal' should be fairly.

I had been wondering if this (begining 911 call)was an Australian "thing" .. Thank you for answering that.. Now,does anyone know anything about ABs family? Does he have sisters? Would he know anything about raising a little girl? Since SM had daughters,would he bow to her "expertese"?

Sorry peg4x4, I've been meaning to get to your question but this thread moves so fast.

I'm not sure if AB has any sisters. He does have one brother that we know of so I'm not sure if he would have been raised around any female siblings.

HTH

The landfill is open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. When a team is not searching, law enforcement will be posted outside the landfill to ensure the search is not compromised. Personal vehicles wanting to drop off trash will be turned away.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/20/24/authorities-search-caldwell-co-landfill-ar-468487/

If they are worried about the search being compromised....they must think there is more than one suspect. IMO.

Nah I don't think so. That's just routine I would think.

Why aren't they releasing that part of the call? I guess it wasn't taped? I don't think he told that first dispatcher about his missing child either, he asked for the police....just like your friend said.

They did release it. The quickest one audio I pulled up involves NG, and for that I apologize, but here it is. (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Totally understand your sentiment but given the charges she is up on in THIS matter, that would have been beyond the pale unfair. While I understand your frustration, these charges are for things unrelated to Z and must be handled that way.

I pray we see charges against EB for harming Z very soon. Then we can expect no bail or extremely high IMO

That's true, but I think if you take it as part of the "whole" picture, what LE has said, etc...I think it points to they are basically saying, "don't even think about it", to another perp.

They refuse to clear anyone, they are looking for an outside witness that has seen Zahra in the last month, if they believed AB they would not be trying so hard to find one. They way they released the 911 call, it all - to me anyway- says they think AB is involved and are watching his every move.

Oh and add to that, if AB thought EB was this monster that killed his child....he would have been at that hearing yesterday to make sure she stayed put. So either he's still blind, which I don't believe or there was another reason he didn't show up.

I don't know why but I'm thinking LE may have told him not to go for some reason. They are calling the shots with him IMO right now.

difference here is in the other case, she was charged with trafficking her baby. In this case EB is charged with petty offenses. Petty offenses, petty bail. When she IS charged with harming Z, I hope the bail is through the roof.

Now I REALLY have to get some work done.

I thought she was charged with obstruction of justice?

And even with AD's multiple horrific charges, her bond was $50,000.

On the local news (WSOC), reporter Dave Faherty said LE had pulled a second mattress from the landfill and were checking it out (if the video they showed was of that particular mattress, looks like that wasn't the one they were looking for).

Considering they've now pulled two from the landfill heap, I'd say it's a safe bet that they are indeed looking specifically for a mattress.

I think the way that LE released the calls, with the "How you doing" being first the day before, they are kinda saying what they think about his story, KWIM? They knew how that was going to make him look.

But is that fair?? This is a standard way of starting a phone conversation in Aus., at least with my friends and family.

What I found interesting was the fact that my Australian friend wouldn't think about calling 000 for a missing person. I think a LOT is being made about AB's actions and reactions when there really is a cultural divide involved that makes it darn-near impossible to judge what 'normal' should be fairly.

bbm

Thanks for saying that - i think we erroneously tend to interpret his behavoir through our own cultural kaleidoscope. That being said, it doesnt mean I give him a pass either.

(sorry mods - stupid newbie try #2 - no movie quotes this time, hope this works) :angel:

I just thought I'd mention.... that someone stated they sighted AB in walmart the other day with a young woman (around 20) who had dark hair with blonde streaks in the front.

I suspected at that time it was either BS or AF .....
Is the person still posting ? Have they seen AF in the testimony video ? I'm curious if he WAS with AF (and would also like the speculation that he already is taking up with a "new woman" cleared off the slate if possible)

That might be, but they're also being very careful to preserve the chain of evidence. If murder charges are brought and a trial held, defendant's lawyers will be all over the investigators with a microscope, looking for ANYTHING amiss or questionable in the evidence gathering/processing.
Remember the O.J. trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member