NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The father claims to have seen her Thurs nite, and stepmom claimed to have seen her in her bed overnight Fri/Sat. Other than those two claims, they can't find anyone who can say they've seen Zahra in the past month. At least that's how I understood it.

Thank you. I knew the father claimed he saw his daughter on Thursday, but wondered if that had changed. I was able to view the presser to catch up on the latest.

What's up with the inspector? What type of inspector is LE speaking of....and why would that mean anything in the case? Curious what fellow-sleuthers are thinking....

They need to investigate the last house/ apt these peeps lived in, I wonder if thats where she was killed??

The only story I can see on Fox about a body being discovered is about a woman discovered with a car that had been in an accident. The car belonged to Ashley Hansen, who is missing.

Forgive me for those who have read my posts about this before. I know the Step Mom will talk. No hope. I know it. She will spill her guts all over. I have no fact on why I think this. I just have a very strong gut feeling.

Search warrant says the call was received from Adam... and he didn't just say my daughter is missing.. he told LE that the people who left the ransom note took HIS daughter.

disgusting isn't it?

And according to the search warrant he "believed" that these people took his daughter. SO, why not make a huge PLEA to the "kidnappers" when given the opportunity to appear on Good Morning America? If that was MY kid... I wouldn't have just stood there quietly if I truly believed that my child had just been kidnapped and a ransom note left. I would have ate up all that free tv time by begging the kidnappers to let her go.

Dad needs to be arrested IMO he is as deep in this mess as his wife.

"Zahra "was locked in her room, allowed five minutes out a day to eat, that was it," Bentley said. "She was beat almost every time I was over there for just the smallest things. Elisa would get mad, she would take it out on Zahra, things the kid didn't deserve. She just had a horrible home life."

Snipped from http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/state&id=7719644

Disgusting.

I turned on Fox News and HLN (can't leave it on too long though before my daughter comes back in the room and realizes Dora has mysteriously vanished from the TV..) and neither one are covering Zahra..

HLN just showed the presser and talked a little about it.

Body found was not Zahra, it was in reference to
NC - Ashley Rose Hansen, 26, Murphy, 8-20-2010...we have a thread here for her.
I feel so bad for Zahra, I just moved from Hickory about a year and a half ago and have been to all the towns she was connected with. So wishing the outcome was better for this little one.

An inspector to me makes me think it was someone looking to inspect the house like the kind you get when you are selling or refinancing your home. I haven't heard any of DSS workers called that around here, so I don't think they mean that. We call them social workers around here.

What's up with the inspector? What type of inspector is LE speaking of....and why would that mean anything in the case? Curious what fellow-sleuthers are thinking....

I took that to mean perhaps a DSS inspector had been to the house and perhaps witnessed something, or had some evidence that LE wants to know about.

ETA: Brittany Bentley stated that Elisa's bio daughter (also named Britney) had called DSS in the past...so there may have been a record of this family being involved with social services.

what is everyone's take on Dad Adam? at this point I am not so sure. On one hand I think he could be involved and that this happened much longer ago.

However, after hearing about how the child was locked in her room except to eat... and how crazy and off the cuff SM seems... I can see something happening to Zahra Friday while dad was at work... when he gets home SM says she is in bed already that SM sets the fire writes the note, etc

however... I vacillate yet once again when I think about the CONTENT of the note. Why not just put Zahra's name in the note to begin with? Did she still have stuff to burn up/hide/get rid of yet that she didn't want cops at her house yet?

Forgive me for those who have read my posts about this before. I know the Step Mom will talk. No hope. I know it. She will spill her guts all over. I have no fact on why I think this. I just have a very strong gut feeling.

She or dad one will start talking. SM is quite arrogant, imo. That makes me think she will hold out for a while. She will start detoxing soon, if drugs are an issue for her, which I think they are. And that might be when she breaks. Of course, now she has an attorney.

DONT MESS UP LE! Let FBI help you here. Lets get a good solid case.

Two words for Stepmom: DEATH PENALTY

Perhaps having to do with homeschooling? If it was DSS, LE should have known about it. MOO

Anyone remember off the top of your head how long it's been since they moved to the Hickory address and whether or not ANYONE has seen Miss Zahra since that move? I'm wondering whether or not it's possible that whatever catastrophic events unfolded, maybe THAT's what prompted the move.

I'm praying that adam cracks and tells.
He has not been arrested yet, has no lawyer yet so what he says will stick.
He like RC is responsible for his daughter and who he CHOSE to leave his seriously ill
daughter with!
I blame this father also, even if he never lifted his hand, he is responsible!! JMOO

I took that to mean perhaps a DSS inspector had been to the house and perhaps witnessed something, or had some evidence that LE wants to know about.

Would think they would have record of that readily available. Thinking this was home inspector.

I would like to hear about the "condition" of her room at this house. Did it looked lived in? Was the bed left like she had been sleeping in it? Or did it have the appearance of being "staged"? I can bet the house that the "mulch fire" contained clothes and other items that belonged to Zahra in an attempt to destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro