NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. G respectably, I always look to your posts to get updated news. So if you don't know I Surely don't know:angel:

Mrs. G, you really are a such a gem, and we're lucky to have you! If I haven't already, please let me thank you for all the attention and research, link gathering, etc. you've done and shared with all of us! :blowkiss:

I think the official word was that Zahra's old mattress was not found in the landfill. But from there, at one least one news source (and I do not remember which) said her mattress had been found elsewhere. So far as I know, though, no other media reported that. So who knows.

See, how could they make that determination so quickly? Who can confirm her "old" mattress, other than AB.. and who's going to believe him??

I studied that mattress as they drug it away from the landfill. It looked like it had been cut at the top b/c I saw a large hole. It also looked, I swear, like the silhouette of a body was once inside it! And they mashed down as if they were thought something could have been inside! Did they ever determine if this mattress was related to the ZB case?

I wondered that, too. It was reported that the mattress was disposed only days before Zahra was reported missing if this is credible information.

This article is about the mattress they found in the land fill:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/2...ey-evidence-case-missing-north-carolina-girl/

^ aw...shucks, I've gone all red! :blushing: Really, I am only researching and linking because I am obsessed with seeking justice for this sweet girl! I really can't believe that someone who had fought cancer twice, had a prosthetic leg, and damaged hearing could be then turn around and be visited by such evil as this! It's really upset me....how could one child have such a rough trot? And to think her father stood by and let this happen? Well I have no words.

Did LE state that this is a Homicide investigation or did they actually use the word "murder" investigation? TIA I'm looking at something in NC statutes and case law about the corpus delicti rule, and I need to specify to try to find what I need ---if it's there. TIA

Mrs. G -- seems like more than one of our locals have mentioned driving by and there being no crime scene tape or LE presence apparent. So it makes me wonder. Did they already scour it and realize there was no trace of Zahra ever in that home and so released it?

Do they have LE watching it at a distance or perhaps with a remote camera or such to see if anyone comes in and what they might do while there? I really have no clue, but it is kind of odd that it was seemingly cleared so quickly (or at least that there isn't tape/LE presence).

See, to me, even IF there was NO forensic evidence, that in and of itself IS evidence, is it not? Also, we know for a fact there was a crime of arson committed, right? Not to secure it tells me they are waiting for someone to trip up...

See, how could they make that determination so quickly? Who can confirm her "old" mattress, other than AB.. and who's going to believe him??

Not sure he could identify it from a little sample of the fabric cover, and even if he could, like you said...they're gonna take his word for it?

Not likely! :snooty:

And the articles did say samples were taken for "testing" as best I recall. Only thing other than presumptive tests for blood/decomp (not specific to one person) I can think of would be laying the samples out and letting dogs see if they hit on Zahra's scent on any of them. I certainly don't know very much about forensics, but doesn't actual DNA testing take more than a day or two?

Did LE state that this is a Homicide investigation or did they actually use the word "murder" investigation? TIA I'm looking at something in NC statutes and case law about the corpus delicti rule, and I need to specify to try to find what I need ---if it's there. TIA

Homicide, is what the Sheriff said at the press conference.

I'll never forget how the Sherrif held back tears in this case when he said HOMECIDE.
HE KNEW something terrible that we do not even know yet. Bless him.
And for US Marshalls, FBI, etc to be in on this, it's a very important case to the Sherrif's heart.
He called everyone in ASAP.
The DA probably wants as much evidence they can get to make this a slam dunk !
It took 4 months for Scott P..........years for Drew P.
Had to get the Cummings on drug charges......OJ on kidnapping KWIM???

Does anyone have an
1) exact date for the last day they(3) were in the house before this current house?
2) move in date for this current house?

Thanks,still trying to get (house,move) timeline.

Think about this...ok we know that LE has capabi;ities to immediately test[as I presume was going on umder the tent at the landfill] that test for the presence of DNA... so, if they already know by having gathered the bed rails, headboard, etc, and it was seen that there was blood evidence present[along with the point u made of luminol being used in the home]showing large amounts of blood on say the walls, dresser, etc...

with all that there is no way that the mattress in question would not be covered in blood evidence..so there under the tent they were able to test for any blood on any of the mattresses... so far I am assuming none was found..

Thats the only way I can think of how they would so quickly rule out the mattresses...kwim?

Not sure he could identify it from a little sample of the fabric cover, and even if he could, like you said...they're gonna take his word for it?

And the articles did say samples were taken for "testing" as best I recall. Only thing other than presumptive tests for blood/decomp (not specific to one person) I can think of would be laying the samples out and letting dogs see if they hit on Zahra's scent on any of them. I certainly don't know very much about forensics, but doesn't actual DNA testing take more than a day or two?[/quote]

Yes, it does. Sometimes it can take months. It's also odd they have located her actual birth mother (altho from all reports she abandoned her at birth?) Why not contact the grandmother (who was the primary care giver) to assist in receiving her medical records? Perhaps they need the mother's DNA because, is it possible AB isn't ther biological father?? Geeze.. the theories I come up with! LOL

The chief most definitely stated at that presser that it had changed from a missing person to a homicide investigation.

As far as corpus delicti, I think there just has to be sufficient proof of a crime in order to charge someone...but I don't think it applies to terminology for the status of the investigation. Let us know what you find...sounds interesting!

And the articles did say samples were taken for "testing" as best I recall. Only thing other than presumptive tests for blood/decomp (not specific to one person) I can think of would be laying the samples out and letting dogs see if they hit on Zahra's scent on any of them. I certainly don't know very much about forensics, but doesn't actual DNA testing take more than a day or two?[/quote]

Yes, it does. Sometimes it can take months. It's also odd they have located her actual birth mother (altho from all reports she abandoned her at birth?) Why not contact the grandmother (who was the primary care giver) to assist in receiving her medical records? Perhaps they need the mother's DNA because, is it possible AB isn't ther biological father?? Geeze.. the theories I come up with! LOL

Every day I come here, scared that I am going to read Zahras body has been found....And sick at heart that it hasn't. :( She needs to be at peace. You have touched my heart Z. and it's breaking for you and what you've had to endure.

Oh yeah. I would bet my very last penny that they have asked for samples from the birth mom. Even if AB is her bio father, that mitochondrial DNA can narrow down the likelihood of a match exponentially.

Zahra

For me you are an inspiration

At such a young age to be such a warrior

You fought battles and faced them with graciousness and dignity

You are a hero for the young that have faced and will face such battles

You will be in my heart and dreams tonight and know you are in the arms of ones that love you.

I wonder if any one remembers either EB?AB having any strange scratch marks, bite or
cuts on them last month????
I really hope Zahra fought back, I have a feeling though she didn't.

I tried to copy from the site nobody murder case but cannot.
It is interesting to read page 17 IIRC, dismembership of the body is very common.
Easier to carry, dispose of or hide.
on page 18, it talks about FIRES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads