DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on

recaps of previous coverage.

Taking calls live:

dawn WA: i was wondering about DNA in/on woodchipper?

JEAN: we don't know the results. LE took forensics from house, have not released results.

TH: LE keeping info close to the vest.

Out to the lawyers (unleaaaaaash the lawyers :D)

Bahahahahah!!! I've got to get off here for a bit. I am cracking up!

There was no flights coming into the airport at Charlotte from 12am until 6:09 am. At 6:09am 2 flights came in if Im reading this correctly.

http://airport-charlotte.com/arrivals.cfm

That would make it seem kinda odd for him to be there. However, if he picked someone up at midnight or shortly thereafter, by the time he would've gotten back to Hickory and gone through the booking process, it could've easily been 3:00 a.m. So IF he really were there to pick someone up, maybe it was from one of those last flights of the night.

Just need to look at the flt schedules coming in - I haven't bothered to do it as I figured when ever they arrive the press would be on it and report it.

Hi--just getting back on, had to pick kids up from school...

I looked up the possible flights, and all of them going in to CLT from OZ arrive between 9:00 p.m. and midnight. If LE took him to the PD for voluntary questioning, as some media have reported, it makes sense to me that he may have been questioned for a few hours before they made the arrest. JMO, but the time frame seems to fit in that context.

Is THAT true? I know someone here HAS to know the answer to that ?..
Ive been searching and haven't found anything yet. Seems like they would NOT prevent landing times at 3 am or early hours as less traffic and easier to search. Thats just me and I will continue to search.

and what time was it that Adam was arrested?...

eta~NG just said 3AM, but I can't take what she says as FACT..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5723953&postcount=728"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22[/ame]

ABC report that AB was arrested at 3:12 AM

I almost clicked on ponderings link to airport but then realized how many members are probably doing just that all at once. Chuckling imagining WS grinding down airport's webpage regarding those flight to a halt, lol

Think I'll just wait for faster hands than mine.

AB didn't have a passport (allegedly) so I don't think he was trying to go anywhere. We have had unsubstantiated and repeated reports the Baker family was on their way over. I just think it is more likely he was picking someone up rather than trying to flee.

So you think the the reference to the written police statement is false? Sorry, but I am just trying to understand here.

That's okay - I myself wondered about a "gentleman's agreement" when the "arrest at the airport" info disappeared after having been published online by WSOC earlier today. Hm. Australia's AAP affirmed the arrest and provided a direct quote from a named Hickory PD source, yet it hasn't re-appeared in U.S. media. As for the "written police statment" here, I have not seen it, if it does exist. The phrase "written police statement" does sound official, but it also is one of those waffle-like terms that can refer to many things, or to nothing.

Can't wait to find out the 'REAL' airport story...trying to stifle the baaad feeling I have until we do..

Back on

recapping prior coverage

Pat Brown: EB pretty much put herself then when she wrote ransom note. AB just trying to establish he didn't know anything with 911 call.

NG: what significance of Daddy arrest?

Pat: He's stupid for one thing. They are making sure he's not going to run. Did he have a passport with him?

Going back to commerical with recaps. (i think we are)

IMO, what is confusing is when Adam was at the airport had to do with the way the media reported the arrest. Adam was booked after 3:00 AM EDT, but some media have him arrested at the airport around 3:00 AM EDT.

My thoughts are he picked up a relative for the last flight into the airport that landed around 11:50 PM EDT. The airport is about 30 miles from the police station. By the time they got the luggage, go through customs, and out of the airport, perhaps stopped for a bite to eat and then went to the police station with the arrest shortly there after, makes a little more sense to me.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

Have to page backwards about 10 time to get the flights that arrived between midnight last night to 6:00am this morning at the Douglas International Airport in Charlotte, NC.

Here is a snag of what flights came in and there does appear to be a "blackout" from midnight to 6:00am.

ETA: What was AB doing there at 3:00am to pick somebody up at 6:00am at the earliest?

Attachments

• Early morning arrivals Monday Oct 25th 2010.jpg
    Early morning arrivals Monday Oct 25th 2010.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 17
That's okay - I myself wondered about a "gentleman's agreement" when the "arrest at the airport" info disappeared after having been published online by WSOC earlier today. Hm. Australia's AAP affirmed the arrest and provided a direct quote from a named Hickory PD source, yet it hasn't re-appeared in U.S. media. As for the "written police statment" here, I have not seen it, if it does exist. The phrase "written police statement" does sound official, but it also is one of those waffle-like terms that can refer to many things, or to nothing.

I have to say, I have seen bad reporting before and I tend to aree with you that it is unusual for so many news sources to have it then about face on something as big as that.

A gentlemen's agreement would explain it but if that were the case I would think that whole freedom of the press, want to scoop the competition thing would kick in and a gentlemen's agreement could be ruined by just one wayward gentleman ;)

There was no flights coming into the airport at Charlotte from 12am until 6:09 am. At 6:09am 2 flights came in if Im reading this correctly.

http://airport-charlotte.com/arrivals.cfm

ETA: You may have to change the time at the top to read 3am to 6am

You are correct. Two flights originating in San Diego arrived at 6:09am today. It would also be useful to know where at the airport he was taken into custody as someone waiting for a flight to arrive does not have the same access as a ticketed passenger waiting to depart. MOO

There are NO flights arriving OR departing from Charlotte Douglas Airport between midnight and 6 am.

http://airport-charlotte.com/Arrivals.cfm

Right! So let's say someone from Australia came in on the last flight, arriving at midnight. It takes time to deplane, get the luggage, etc., then the drive back to Hickory (either on their own or courtesy of LE). Perhaps LE allows AB a few mins with his mother, then conducts an interview and begins the booking process. I think a 3:00 a.m. booking sounds very reasonable in that context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns