NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOHO I think LE has been keeping their eye on Adam despite his cooperation wth LE. I think whether he was meeting relative or not LE would want to put a halt to whatever was about to happen. So that any reunion happened in their control.

MOO

Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of the cell phone pic, taken on August 9, that ABC News acquired from the family friend.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

Who wears a "do rag" wrapped at eyebrow level like that? (I haven't even come across any other pics of Zahra wearing a do rag. Doesn't seem like it was a norm for her.)

I keep wondering if poor Zahra may have had a somewhat serious head injury, even as far back as August. Wonder if her head was wrapped to conceal a gash on her scalp, forehead, or both.

If so, the timing of this could explain why Zahra was not enrolled in school and the homeschooling excuse came up.

I wish we knew if the furniture store lady had noticed Zahra wearing any headgear, hat, or anything in her September sighting.

Can someone with medical expertise speak to this:

Is it possible for a person to have a skull fracture, subdural hematoma, or both.. and die from it as long as 4-6 weeks later?

Sadly, of course, it's a possibility Zahra was being subjected to more and more frequent recurring beatings to her face and head. :(

It depends- I know a 23 month old who had a healed skull fracture about a month old when he received a second skull fracture and died hours later.
symptoms would have been drowsiness, loss of mother function, vomiting and pain of course but it is possible she didn't complain.

Like if her nose was broken. Of course if her cancer had returned it may look that way anyhow. I have some awful pictures of our chemo kid.
Was she still on any meds?

I really dont know alot of details of the case and it would be impossible to catch up by reading the threads.

Welcome BIA!

We have no access nor any reference to any current or semi current medical records for Zahra. Last known reports were that LE was obtaining those records both here and in OZ

snip

count of failure to appear for a charge of returning rental property

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...r-arrested-worthless-check-charges-ar-481519/

wonder what that property was he rented and when he rented it.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

(snipped.)

n March 2010, the Bakers were arrested and charged for failing to return a laptop computer, a 42-inch Zenith television, a stereo and a living room suite worth $2,411.69, according to court documents. The couple had rented the furniture and electronics from Bestway Rent to Own in Lenoir.

I pray that you are right and it was after he was interviewed. Why today? Why when family was arriving (if they were arriving)? Or does one not have anything to do with the other?

Because xxxxx and LE was done with him helping them search for Zahra? Maybe LE didn't know xxxx? I can't stop feeling horrible for his mother and praying that she has the strength to survive this too. Was the timing just nothing other than a coincidence? Talk to me...please.

I know I said this earlier, but I still think the most likely reason is that if LE thought AB was a flight or suicide risk, the public nature and ubiquitous security at an airport would make resistance unlikely. I still think he went voluntarily to the PD, as discussed earlier, but, if LE feels he is complicit and remorseful, they may have wanted to preclude any possibilities of desperate last-minute behavior.

I'm wondering how it would've gone down if AB had refused to go for questioning on his own???

All MOO, of course...

--Kiki

It depends- I know a 23 month old who had a healed skull fracture about a month old when he received a second skull fracture and died hours later.
symptoms would have been drowsiness, loss of mother function, vomiting an pain of course but it is possible she didn't complain.

All the symptoms you mention Zahra would have been very used to I doubt she would have complained at all. Even if it was a close skull injury. The step mom should be hung. I am up in the air about the dad.

Like if her nose was broken. Of course if her cancer had returned it may look that way anyhow. I have some awful pictures of our chemo kid.
Was she still on any meds?

I really dont know alot of details of the case and it would be impossible to catch up by reading the threads.

Welcome BIA!

That was my first thought -- looks like a chemo patient. I hope we will learn whether she has received any treatment while here in the US.

Even if we took the black eyes out of it, she looks extremely UNWELL in general to me. I think she was definitely suffering from some sort of medical problem.

I'm so sorry your child (and you) had to go through chemo...it can save lives but can be so brutal. :hug:

So sorry soulmagent. I agree with Sherbie re chemo being brutal, saves lives but so brutal in the process.

Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of the cell phone pic, taken on August 9, that ABC News acquired from the family friend.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

Who wears a "do rag" wrapped at eyebrow level like that? (I haven't even come across any other pics of Zahra wearing a do rag. Doesn't seem like it was a norm for her.)

I keep wondering if poor Zahra may have had a somewhat serious head injury, even as far back as August. Wonder if her head was wrapped to conceal a gash on her scalp, forehead, or both.

If so, the timing of this could explain why Zahra was not enrolled in school and the homeschooling excuse came up.

I wish we knew if the furniture store lady had noticed Zahra wearing any headgear, hat, or anything in her September sighting.

Is it possible for a person to have a skull fracture, subdural hematoma, or both.. and die from it as long as 4-6 weeks later?

Sadly, of course, it's a possibility Zahra was being subjected to more and more frequent recurring beatings to her face and head. :(

That picture disturbs me so much If the doo rag was to cover injuries the peace symbol makes it even more sick

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

here is one case child died 5 weeks later
\
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1559003/Head-guilty-over-childs-playground-death.html

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

(snipped.)

n March 2010, the Bakers were arrested and charged for failing to return a laptop computer, a 42-inch Zenith television, a stereo and a living room suite worth $2,411.69, according to court documents. The couple had rented the furniture and electronics from Bestway Rent to Own in Lenoir.

Thank you so much lauriej.
snipped:

Sims said the Bakers rented a singlewide mobile home in Country Manor Estates in Hudson...snip...according to court documents accompanying the eviction notice he served on Adam Baker in December 2009...snip...Three months later, Sims filed an eviction notice against Elisa Baker

and:

********, 15, and her friend ********, 16, took out an arrest warrant on Baker for communicating threats on May 23, 2010.

**** said the incident began when she and her friend noticed Zahra crying as she walked up a steep hill behind her house.

“She was making Zahra walk up the hill by herself because that’s how she would punish her because she (Elisa) knew it would hurt Zahra’s leg,” Yount said.

(note: removed minor's names to abide by TOS) Someone had asked about this last thread. Who had reported Zahra being forced to walk uphill.IIRC

On the rental application Baker filled out she lists her occupation as “disabled” and her monthly income as $591.

Wonder if that is another fabrication or if she did collect from a state or federal entity after having been identified as disabled. (Like SSI payments for physical or mental or emotional disabilities?)

I am in the minority about AB? IMO, he is quilty of too many things for me to think he is a caring dad or person.

I wanted to feel sympathy for him but given the facts we do know - I am truly sickened by him.

This might be a good time to invite all our guests to feel fre eto joion Websleuths and put you to own houghts or questions out here.

The beauty of Websleuths is open debate and discussion of current cases in a civilized, respecful way.

So I guess they did not find her today?
For a while it seemed as though they would be announcing that they had...:(

attention Webseluth posters, lol, I have caught the silly, not making any more sense bug. G'night friends.

praying that Tomorrow brings new developments!

Attachments

• search site Zahra.jpg
    search site Zahra.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 13
That was my first thought -- looks like a chemo patient. I hope we will learn whether she has received any treatment while here in the US.

Even if we took the black eyes out of it, she looks extremely UNWELL in general to me. I think she was definitely suffering from some sort of medical problem.

I'm so sorry your child (and you) had to go through chemo...it can save lives but can be so brutal. :hug:

Thanks. She is my step daughter she has lived with me her whole life -2 years from ages 1 to 3 and visits her mom often. I saw her being born. This case really touches a nerve.

The dad should have been very concerned about what the step mom was saying about her hitting puberty as they will tell you that puberty can bring you child out of remission, as can injury and broken bones. They would have shared that more then once with dad. I know whenever my kid is sick I freak with worry more so with her then my other children because of the increase in risk. So I have to really wonder why dad didnt seem to give a F...

I also want to say that my step kid is not like a stepkid to me she is "my child"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnv7