NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..... they did spend days at the wood chipper/mulch pile which turned up nothing. They then drained a pond. Both those were costly operations that essentially turned up nothing and were based on "leads". They ALSO spent days sifting through a landfill and MAYBE found a mattress at this point.

I honestly think they are hunting for ANYTHING that will point to what happened to Zahra .... and I honestly don't think they are finding much. If they had CONCLUSIVE reason to believe that EB or AB was involved I think we would have seen charges already. T
:waitasec: At the end of that day over on Christy Road, they sounded like nothing had turned up. Turns out that wasn't the case and the p-leg had been found. So how do we know, for sure, that the things dropped into evidence bags from the back yard are "nothing?" I wouldn't say that. The house isn't torn up for "nothing," either, but again, jmo.

So, we are looking for something from the police to confirm that the chipper is no longer a lead? Like this?
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues
snipped
detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

and this is the article about it being a hit on the engine only and coming possibly from a cut.
snipped
that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

So, you have them saying it's not a solid lead. You have them saying it could come from a cut. AND you have them saying the dog only hit on the engine, not the chipper. I'm not sure what else is needed to discount this?

QUOTE=bellyup;5744002]

You are speaking of SherlockHomey - and according to her above post #415, she isn't as convinced as you

I'm not sure if it was Sherlock or if it was Pnut. However, we are all entitled to our own opinions and drawing on my own experience with dogs / dog training and the facts that have been posted (including LE ruling it out) ... I am CONFIDENT in my opinion that a body was not put through THAT woodchipper ... mmmmk.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

Okay so let me see if I got this right. Human remains found but it is NOT A SOLID LEAD?? :waitasec:

Ok, I can't research this now - but I will later on tonight (and look for the pics as well). IIRC there were TWO wood chippers originally. The big industrial one on the property where AB worked/ That was the one the dog hit on the engine compartment. BUT, there was also a second, smaller one. One that is usually towed behind a truck (like you see in your neighborhood when they come to trim the trees), it was actually in the backyard of the house. And, IIRC the dog hit on that one as well. Don't know if that is in the original search warrant (only one we have).

I remember posting adn wondering about the neighbors - the last time they heard that chipper fire up. So, I really believe there were 2. The industrial one at the work site and a smaller portable one in the backyard.

Like I said, later on tonight I'll go back and find pics and see if I can find the reference to the one at the house.

So, we are looking for something from the police to confirm that the chipper is no longer a lead? Like this?
snipped
detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

and this is the article about it being a hit on the engine only and coming possibly from a cut.
snipped
that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

So, you have them saying it's not a solid lead. You have them saying it could come from a cut. AND you have them saying the dog only hit on the engine, not the chipper. I'm not sure what else is needed to discount this?

Just trying to understand here but can you please explain to me how blood on a wood chipper, whether on the engine or on blade should be discounted? Yes, it "could" have come from a cut on the hand and it "could" have come from a murder....

If you could explain to me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Okay so let me see if I got this right. Human remains found but it is NOT A SOLID LEAD?? :waitasec:

could be LE is trying to steer the media away from that. I could understand that if they were wanting EB or AB or both to cooperate and or not tip their hand to the defense case yet until they have crossed all T's and Dotted all I's. They need to hold out as long as they can and this is reliant on having the LAB RESULTS on the many items submitted.

Thanks sarx..... I'm not sure either :waitasec:

and knowing quite a bit about dogs yourself ... can you comment on how a HRD trained dog would react to a machine that had a body gone through it ?

You would think there is a difference between "human remains" and some blood from a cut.

I hate how everything is so hush hush with LE. They are doing a fantastic job, don't get me wrong, but the speculation and wondering is tearing me apart.

snipped

snipped

ITA with you Sarx.. not to mention... if a body HAD gone thru the chipper and they found evidence there... they would not be using rakes... they would be there for DAYS... on hands and knees with screens and sifters trying to recover every single piece.... we would see tents up over the site they were sifting.... much like an archeological dig.

I think they were looking for something on their "list" ((that was mentioned during the landfill search)) that could have been hidden under the mulch piles, put in the chipper ((not a body but other evidence)), or burned in the fire.

moo

In this case, HUMAN BLOOD was found on the engine compartment of the wood chipper because they said it could have come from the cut finger of one of the workers. MSM used the wrong term to describe what was found, IMHO.

One could pinpoint the first mention of woodchipper and correlate with the time they declared this a homicide.

Just trying to understand here but can you please explain to me how blood on a wood chipper, whether on the engine or on blade should be discounted? Yes, it "could" have come from a cut on the hand and it "could" have come from a murder....

If you could explain to me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

HRD dogs wouldnt hit on blood at all. Maybe thats how haha!

The way I understand it was the media used the words human remains, LE and the handler never did.

The handler himself said the dog hit on the engine but not the chipper. So, if someone can explain to me how her remains got just on the engine but not through the machine I would be happy to listen.

It is true that LE doesn't always tell the GP everything, or anything for that fact, but IME, it is NOT their practice to just straight up lie. If they come out and say something, discount something, they're not lying. That would be very bad for business, KWIM? So, if I, the others, the handler, and logic are all wrong and they are lying, we've got huge problems.

One could pinpoint the first mention of woodchipper and correlate with the time they declared this a homicide.

Possibly because the dogs hit on the cars. But again, I don't think they would declare it a homicide unless they had something better than that.

Ok, I can't research this now - but I will later on tonight (and look for the pics as well). IIRC there were TWO wood chippers originally. The big industrial one on the property where AB worked/ That was the one the dog hit on the engine compartment. BUT, there was also a second, smaller one. One that is usually towed behind a truck (like you see in your neighborhood when they come to trim the trees), it was actually in the backyard of the house. And, IIRC the dog hit on that one as well. Don't know if that is in the original search warrant (only one we have).

I remember posting adn wondering about the neighbors - the last time they heard that chipper fire up. So, I really believe there were 2. The industrial one at the work site and a smaller portable one in the backyard.

Like I said, later on tonight I'll go back and find pics and see if I can find the reference to the one at the house.

Yes there were two, I saw one in the backyard after they released the property the first time.

Thanks sarx..... I'm not sure either :waitasec:

and knowing quite a bit about dogs yourself ... can you comment on how a HRD trained dog would react to a machine that had a body gone through it ?

You wouldn't need a dog to react to the machine. There would have been people losing it all over. That would have been very visible for the choppers and everyone else to see. Seeing something that horrible would have sent even the toughest most seasoned veteran over the edge, I am sure of that. The emotional toll would have been obvious. It would have been all over the news, there is just no way that could have been kept quiet. Media would have seen people leaving the scene in tears, sick to their stomachs, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne