NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they find something on Zahra soon. :( Poor baby. Have there been any new leads?

Also PLEASE HELP!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5743955#post5743955"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

They took the woodchipper into evidence, it was used as part of the crime I am sure, just not in the gory fashion that keeps coming up.

Was he the one, along with several male family members, accused to molesting and killing a number of children? If so, that's exactly what I thought of with all the heavy equiptment at Baker home and landfill.

No that was the Molers. Willy pickton was the pig farmer serial killer. 49 women in canada.

thank you for saying that. i think far too many people think if the wood-chipper was used there would be a lot of "gore" but that simply doesn't have to be the case and i've tried to explain that in the past.

there absolutely would be a plethora of evidence. the dogs would have been going completely crazy and hitting on scents left and right. For LE to have ruled it out it means they believe it was not involved. that's good enough for me.

I hope this doesn't violate the prohibtion against talking about London Dude (since I'm not speculating as to his person, etc), but I saw this discussed on another news forum. How do we know "London" means the UK? Was this ever stated by anyone?
Here are some "London's" in the USA:

London, OH
London, TX
London, AR
London, MO
London, Uninc Conecuh County, AL
London, Uninc Shelby County, IN
London, Deerfield, WI
London, Uninc Tulare County, CA
London, MI
New London, NC

JMO it would depend on where the drain trap was located but it very well could be behind something like that. Sometimes there is a door access atleast in newer houses ...Hubby said it depends on the contractor on the job.

I have to appoligize I was looking at the wrong picture if what you want to know about are the 2 boards sitting outside of the house my best GUESS would be damp plywood. Im on slow dial up and photobucket takes forever to load soa gain im sorry for the misinformation. Now im going back to figure out how to remove my posts.

OH ok so what would cause that variation in tone...the smeared looking areas?

it could be just the application of the paint (thicker and thinner in some areas), it could be a cleaning product or cosmetics, it could be A LOT of things.

They took the woodchipper into evidence, it was used as part of the crime I am sure, just not in the gory fashion that keeps coming up.

I initially thought the same thing. Then my mind went back to the fire. Why would some evidence be burned (and I'm convinced that it was), and some put through a woodchipper? Unless, perhaps, something didn't burn completely and was finished off in the woodchipper? (just musing)

Has anyone read or seen any reference to International Foreign Agencies being involved in Zahra's case?

there absolutely would be a plethora of evidence. the dogs would have been going completely crazy and hitting on scents left and right. For LE to have ruled it out it means they believe it was not involved. that's good enough for me.

LE have NOT ruled it out, at least to my knowledge and obviously others are questioning that too. The wood-chipper has now been removed from the home. If you could please show me where LE have stated that the wood-chipper has been ruled to have not been involved in this crime.

"Monday evening's search was the second time investigators have been out to the lot north of Hickory where the girl's father, Adam Baker, worked, said Nancy Webb, who lives next door to the site. Baker would help his employer bring piles of wood and brush to the lot, where it was dumped into a wood chipper and turned into mulch, Webb said."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html?iref=allsearch

So it seems the neighbor was accustomed to hearing the wood chipper at work......

Ok,I'm going to ask one of the dumber questions ~~~~~~~~~Why is the FBI involved? Aren't murders usually handeled by local LE? :oops:

Maybe the FBI was brought in right away because of the ransom note and alleged kidnapping.

I respectfully disagree. Unless you have inside information, I don't think this can be ruled out as LE is holding everything tight.

It was the handler who had the dog that hit and admitted to hitting on the engine area and nothing else. Said handler also admitted that it could be blood from a cut which immediately tells me these dogs aren't HRD dogs or are very poorly trained (I am leaning towards a cop dog not trained).

i have to post this again because i'm nearly certain it's the case...
the first dogs on the scene were local dogs IIRC. These are the dogs that were reported to "hit" on human remains.

LE ruled the hits on the woodchipper out (I know sarx has specific links that state this handy ;)

LE then states in MSM they are bringing in new dogs.

One of our on the scene people last night spoke with one of the Hickory police about the dogs. He told her that they DO NOT HAVE HRD dogs. They only have police dogs (which are typically trained in apprehension, protection and maybe blood detection) and have to rely on outside sources for HRD dogs. This is VERY common. Most local LE doesn't have HRD dogs (maybe some major metro areas).

That said it is logical IMO to assume that some media or LE incorrectly stated that the original dogs on the scene "hit" for human remains when really the dog probably alerted to the presence of blood.

My guess is whoever wrote the ranson note, also knows where this precious child is.
A timelime of events would be very helpful and much appreciated if anyone has this handy. TIA

EB wrote the RN
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/12/1756063/missing-girl-not-seen-by-outsiders.html
Police also said Elisa Baker, the missing girl's stepmother, has been charged with a felony after admitting she wrote a ransom note that was found at the family's house last weekend.

This is the timeline thread
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]NC Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion - - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Murder using a wood-chipper:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helle_Crafts[/ame]

And I am NOT saying 100% that a wood-chipper was used on Z, but I am definitely not ruling it out.

Based on cost effectiveness alone, I'm just not so sure on this issue. To tear up the entire back yard and use a backhoe and sift through everything, then bring the sniffer dogs over and check the material again speaks volumes about what they're going on as at least a theory. So many people doing the work, I mean.

I don't think this is what they'd do, if they were just looking for some socks she had been wearing. No. This operation is seeking major evidence, although we can't see for sure that yes, they found something or no, they didn't. They might have been working on the arson angle, finding the cause of the fire, but I don't think that. The fire dept. probably knew the answer to that before they left the property.

jmo

Well..... they did spend days at the wood chipper/mulch pile which turned up nothing. They then drained a pond. Both those were costly operations that essentially turned up nothing and were based on "leads". They ALSO spent days sifting through a landfill and MAYBE found a mattress at this point.

I honestly think they are hunting for ANYTHING that will point to what happened to Zahra .... and I honestly don't think they are finding much. If they had CONCLUSIVE reason to believe that EB or AB was involved I think we would have seen charges already. T

I hope this doesn't violate the prohibtion against talking about London Dude (since I'm not speculating as to his person, etc), but I saw this discussed on another news forum. How do we know "London" means the UK? Was this ever stated by anyone?
Here are some "London's" in the USA:

London, OH
London, TX
London, AR
London, MO
London, Uninc Conecuh County, AL
London, Uninc Shelby County, IN
London, Deerfield, WI
London, Uninc Tulare County, CA
London, MI
New London, NC

"It was also revealed in court that Elisa Baker had received $10,000 over the past year from a man identified as Carver Fullman from England, WSOC reported."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-bake...nce-north-carolina-landfill/story?id=11926357

i have to post this again because i'm nearly certain it's the case...
the first dogs on the scene were local dogs IIRC. These are the dogs that were reported to "hit" on human remains.

LE ruled the hits on the woodchipper out (I know sarx has specific links that state this handy ;)

LE then states in MSM they are bringing in new dogs.

One of our on the scene people last night spoke with one of the Hickory police about the dogs. He told her that they DO NOT HAVE HRD dogs. They only have police dogs (which are typically trained in apprehension, protection and maybe blood detection) and have to rely on outside sources for HRD dogs. This is VERY common. Most local LE doesn't have HRD dogs (maybe some major metro areas).

That said it is logical IMO to assume that some media or LE incorrectly stated that the original dogs on the scene "hit" for human remains when really the dog probably alerted to the presence of blood.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's similar to MSM reporting the dogs "hit on the wood chipper" as opposed to the engine compartment ONLY. BIG difference! Also, are dogs trained to hit on human remains specifically? It's either human decomposition or human (blood) scent. 'Human Remains' is a confuzzling statment, to say the least.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub