NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I do NOT feel that 911 dispatchers work from their home. You can clearly hear other dispatchers within the area.

Slightly OT

My husband is a film editor/audio engineer and once worked on a documentary film about EVP's (hubby did the sound enhancement of the recordings). Hubby and I are both open minded people, but we're also very practical rational people. We neither believe nor disbelieve, but find the topic interesting. Let me tell you, I still get chills remembering sitting in our computer room listening to those tapes while they were being enhanced. Some recordings we found very easy to blow off. Others were just so clear and so...bone chilling...we actually had to stop the tape and take a breather.

That said...I'm not jumping to THAT conclusion regarding the voice on the 911 tape. I just no longer find things like that as "off the wall" as I once did.

Hi Kat, are you saying your hubby did an enhancement of THIS recording or are you talking about another? TIA

IMO, I do NOT feel that 911 dispatchers work from their home. You can clearly hear other dispatchers within the area.

I agree with this. They have to have high tech equipment in order to do their jobs. No way would they have this set up at home. Tracing phone calls, GPS coordinates and recording equipment....

Hi Kat, are you saying your hubby did an enhancement of THIS recording or are you talking about another? TIA

I think what she is saying is her husband COULD do an enhancement on this recording .

HAHA just kidding kat.

I've been away from my computer a lot the past couple of days and I just wanted to say I hope and pray today is Zahra's day.

No. I'm saying that he did sound enhancement for a film documentary on EVP's. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I think what she is saying is her husband COULD do an enhancement on this recording .

HAHA just kidding kat.

LOL. Are you asking, Soulmagent? ;)

Truly, I'm not inclined to spend much time on this myself (personally don't think it's important), but if others here are convinced that it is, I'm willing to ask Hubby to help you out. It might lead to our divorce (giggles) but I'm willing to take one for the team.

I wonder if there is anyone on this site who has the equipment and actually COULD?? That would be pretty amazing!

Okay fine, I'll ask. But now I'm going to have to plan something better for dinner than meatloaf. ;)

All kidding aside, I haven't the faintest idea what audio programs hubby still has, either here or at work (for the last 5 years, he's been employed strictly in film editting), and I don't have the first clue what a task like this would require, but I can certainly ask.

Zahra is dead. LE said so.

Re the 'daddy' thing. I doubt they were trying to pull a Balloon Boy type stunt here.
All it took was for one person to suggest this word was said by a child, and it takes off from there. Sort of like the Caylee 'kill kill' audio.

I wish Rad wasn't in SC today. Can anyone summarize LE activity so far this morning?

Re the 'daddy' thing. I doubt they were trying to pull a Balloon Boy type stunt here.
All it took was for one person to suggest this word was said by a child, and it takes off from there. Sort of like the Caylee 'kill kill' audio.

I wish Rad wasn't in SC today. Can anyone summarize LE activity so far this morning?

That's pretty much my take on it as well, Meagain. I'm not inclined to place any importance on it what so ever. But that's just me.

LOL. Are you asking, Soulmagent? ;)

Truly, I'm not inclined to spend much time on this myself (personally don't think it's important), but if others here are convinced that it is, I'm willing to ask Hubby to help you out. It might lead to our divorce (giggles) but I'm willing to take one for the team.

I dont think it is worth a divorce.

I think the answer is in the TV programs. If that fails to yeild a result I would suggest someone write one of the TAPS people. For their most likely free advice on EVPS.

That way we can save M- Kats Hubbys skills for something more worthy of divorce and a better than meatloaf meal.

I'm thinking if it is a childs voice, it is just someone else that was there. LE has not said who was there at the time of the call.

Does anyone know where the 911 dispatcher is located.

Small town they could be working out of their own house and that was

where the background noises came from.

I was a 911 dispatcher, and in all my experience, I have never-ever heard of a dispatcher working from home. In really small towns, they have County dispatchers who cover a lot of those small towns. :truce:

I dont think it is worth a divorce.

I think the answer is in the TV programs. If that fails to yeild a result I would suggest someone write one of the TAPS people. For their most likely free advice on EVPS.

That way we can save M- Kats Hubbys skills for something more worthy of divorce and a better than meatloaf meal.

Good thinking, Soul. My marriage is kinda important to me. No point throwing it away on something as trivial as this, when I can throw it all away on something of REAL value. ;)

The sound does sound like daddy, since I know what to look for. But it also sounds like a machine in an office, or even windshield wipers, or a noise of something opening, maybe at the home.

Well it is definitely a child saying daddy, whether it is original or not is another matter.

LE have said they believe she is dead and I know that is probably the case, but for me I can't and won't give up some hope until the evidence is shown or a body found.

Good thinking, Soul. My marriage is kinda important to me. No point throwing it away on something as trivial as this, when I can throw it all away on something of REAL value. ;)

Ouch.. I meant I dont think the background sound is worth the divorce.
:angel:
I would so sacrifice your marriage for the safe return of Zahra and your sweat over more than one dinner of gourmet standards.:crazy:

Ouch.. I meant I dont think the background sound is worth the divorce.

I would so sacrifice your marriage for the return of Zahra and your sweat over more than one dinner of goumet standards.

I understood what you meant, Soul. I was just kidding. The Hubby card is probably a card I wouldn't dare to use more than once, so it's wiser to save it for something bigger, that's what I was trying to say.

ETA: My husband is an absolute sweetheart, and our marriage is as solid as they come. Just don't want my offbeat sense of humor to lead anyone to think otherwise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne