NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zahra's remains were disposed of in some way in the area near where the prosthetic was found, I would imagine that the person who dumped it there would have knowledge that also in the same general vacinity it is common for hunters to dispose of deer corpses.

Anyone else find that a coincidence? Someone who lived in the area, hunted or had been around hunters in the area enough to know would find that a good location to dispose of a body. MOO

It could also be risky if there was any chance hunters would be in the area before the body was totally decomposed. Also there is nothing similar between a skeletonized deer and a human. Another thing is if her body was left near the prosthesis, finding the prosthesis could lead whoever (be it a hunter or LE) to her remains. So basically I think it wouldn't be the brightest idea. MOO

It could also be risky if there was any chance hunters would be in the area before the body was totally decomposed. Also there is nothing similar between a skeletonized deer and a human. Another thing is if her body was left near the prosthesis, finding the prosthesis could lead whoever (be it a hunter or LE) to her remains. So basically I think it wouldn't be the brightest idea. MOO

These ain't bright people

From the link -

"Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from."

So it appears they know it's human and not animal? :waitasec: MOO

I'm guessing it's a whole intact bone then and not just a piece of a bone? If so, it should be easy to see if it is human or animal by anyone who knows the bones in the human body. I wonder what size it is -- toe sized bone? long bone?

Depends on when huntin season starts there and what is commonly hunted in the area of the prosthetic/bone find.

How about it locals, anyone know when hunting seaon begins for various critters? Was there any hunting open for any sort of game around the month Z disappeared?

:Welcome-12-june: Jamaicanmefrooti...Hope you enjoy being a part of our family...I love your name also.

Thank you for the warm welcome, glad to finally register after lurking for more than 3 years, it was long before the CA case. TY on the name:crazy:

I'm guessing it's a whole intact bone then and not just a piece of a bone? If so, it should be easy to see if it is human or animal by anyone who knows the bones in the human body. I wonder what size it is -- toe sized bone? long bone?

I agree, I am hoping by the way things are being worded - that it indeed means a bone, and not a bone fragment.

Mine can't be seen either, but they are usually easier to see in kids especially thinner ones. I just know they frequently remove them earlier in kids (once they're in remission for awhile) because when kids grow they tend to get 'encapsulated' and then they're tougher to get out, scar tissue etc. Just my experience with kids though. I'm no oncologist.

I haven't heard of any treatment she received here,in the States.Her treatment was in Australia. My first thought was "of course it's out". Then I considered the lack of care and attention she had from EB and AB. She may very well still have the port if she was not taken for follow up medical care in Australia. Her Grandmother would know if she had one and if it was removed before she came to the US.

I don't think that a body would be completely skeletonized *naturally* in this length of time..but depending on the animal activity involved I think it's very possible..hopefully we'll know something for sure soon..:(

I think I remember that Caylee's body was skeltonized due to the watery dampness in that area, is that right? If water or dampness makes decomposition happen faster, maybe that is why it is just a bone if it was found near that pond? Although, maybe it does have some flesh on it, and the LE is just not divulging all the details?

It does!..and welcome to WS! I had a neighbor many years ago that was a funeral home director and thought I remembered him saying something like that..He always made me curious because while I guess one would get used to that type of job..I know his wife would bring his dinner and he would eat while he was *working*..:eek:..always kinda freaked me out thinking about that..

I am glad it helped. Thank you for the warm welcome. I just registered after lurking for years, never registered as I figured I could never help this wonderful bunch of sleuthers who do such a GREAT job!

Depends on when huntin season starts there and what is commonly hunted in the area of the prosthetic/bone find.

How about it locals, anyone know when hunting seaon begins for various critters? Was there any hunting open for any sort of game around the month Z disappeared?

http://www.ncwildlife.org/hunting/h_season_dates.htm

We are hunters and bow season started here 1st Sat in Oct. (Texas)

The answer for NC is Sept 11th (Bow Season)

My port is still there,as the Dr says the cancer will reoccure.. I'd think hers is still there. Mine can't be seen.

My brother just had his removed after only a few months post cancer treatment. I think it just depends on each case.

ty for jumping off my speculation - I agree with the bbm but I am not suggesting she was dumped IN with deer carcases or near them. Just in the area, where people wouldn't think anything of an odor of decomp. If you follow me?

I agree, I am hoping by the way things are being worded - that it indeed means a bone, and not a bone fragment.

FWIW, NG just said a CHILD'S bone has been found and is believed to be related to Zahra.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/hunting/h_season_dates.htm

We are hunters and bow season started here 1st Sat in Oct. (Texas)

Was anything in season during the last 3 weeks before Zahra went "missing"? tia btw.

And further, is the location of the current search a hungting spot? Or does LE mean it is just a popular dumping spot for hunters after they'ved dressed the deer?

NM, just saw the TEXAS referrence, lol

Any Locals know the answer to these questions regarding the area in which LE found prosthetc and bone?

What type of animal would frequent that area, especially for discarded carcasses?
Are bears common in the area?

FWIW, NG just said a CHILD'S bone has been found and is believed to be related to Zahra.

NG is news and views. I think the "child" part - is her view but not confirmed. JMO

Was anything in season during the last 3 weeks before Zahra went "missing"? tia btw.

And further, is the location of the current search a hungting spot? Or does LE mean it is just a popular dumping spot for hunters after they'ved dressed the deer?

NM, just saw the TEXAS referrence, lol

Any Locals know the answer to these questions regarding the area in which LE found prosthetc and bone?

Bow season started there Sept 11th for Deer. (NC btw) Sorry I went back and edited my other post after you read it.

I think I remember that Caylee's body was skeltonized due to the watery dampness in that area, is that right? If water or dampness makes decomposition happen faster, maybe that is why it is just a bone if it was found near that pond? Although, maybe it does have some flesh on it, and the LE is just not divulging all the details?

And the heat. It was summer in central Florida ,so the body decomposed quickly.
I know it's cooler,being Fall in Hickory,NC,but I have no idea if it would slow decomp.
We also don't know how long she's really been gone.

If that bone is from Zahra I think I may need to go. how the heck could someone do this to a defenseless CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3