NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caller asking about woodchipper; did they take it into evidence> mentioning the woodchipper case.

Here is Kat on the WS grumpy couch. Anyone who wants to may join her there. I think I will. What Zahra suffered makes me grumpy all over again:

anon-kitty.png

MUCH needed laugh. :)

On Topic:

If the leg was painfully small, why not crutches? Cheap solution for painful problem til other arrangements can be made...IF they'd have been made.

Also, re: the recurring cancer theory...it's certainly sound, but why hide the death? That's the part that gums up the theory. Too many nicer ways of handling it.

I am wondering why they are draining ponds instead of using divers? It seems to me that divers with search lights would find more evidence faster and reduce the risk of losing small evidence pieces in the draining process.

I believe they think they are close if they are doing a line search and have moved the media away from the site. When she is found it will be in privacy and with dignity, away from the prying eye of the media. The has been enough exploitation of this tradgedy with the letters.

Zahra has earned the respect that will be afforded her when she is found whether it is in one place or many.

Lead them honey - you brought them this far.

As a scuba diver ... ponds are typically murky, overgrown with weeds and, full of trash. At best a scuba diver would just grope around in the dark.

The issue with that is, if something is there you'd risk destroying the site/evidence. Like when little Caylee Anthony was underwater and TES wanted to wait until the water subsided to check ... else bones could get squished into the mud and lost and the scene would be HARD to process.

HTH

An anthropologist could tell pretty quickly if it's human bone or animal. I doubt if they have one of those handy, though.
But... with just a month or so passed... there could be tissue still on the bone, which would be immediately identifiable as human to a practiced eye.

The real Bones (Kathy Reichs) teaches at UNCC. She also has consulted for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in North Carolina. Maybe they can call on her!!

I think Natisha said that LE discounted wood chipper. She said something about animal in relation to wood chipper.

For all we know, Zahra's cancer came back and she didn't want anymore treatment. It wouldn't be the first time 'parents' allowed a child to die per their wishes. Or even helping death along.

From what we have read of spunky lil Zahra (an "alligator ate my leg")....I think she'd have fought it again and again if necessary...and STILL come out looking at the bright side. Not a quitter, that one! God bless her precious heart.

Did they put the water drained from the pond in a tank (truck) and then maybe transport it to another place where they can sift through it with other equipment and a forensic team?

I wouldn't think so , they usually have a filtering system in place at the end of the draining tube.

Well if this Zahra's bone can we finally put the wood chipper to rest?

No. I really want to, but I'm just not sure we can yet. I'm not going to discuss it, because I know it drives people insane, but I just think that darn thing was used for something in this case.

I am wondering why they are draining ponds instead of using divers? It seems to me that divers with search lights would find more evidence faster and reduce the risk of losing small evidence pieces in the draining process.

I believe they think they are close if they are doing a line search and have moved the media away from the site. When she is found it will be in privacy and with dignity, away from the prying eye of the media. The has been enough exploitation of this tradgedy with the letters.

Zahra has earned the respect that will be afforded her when she is found whether it is in one place or many.

Lead them honey - you brought them this far.

BBM: I think they are draining the pond (well, river to me), because it is so shallow.

LE must have reason to think that evidence might lie on the river bottom, and it is probably very rocky. :(

Around here we just go with double-headed-ness and hope to confuse the alien grumpies that way.

They are on my couch now, can FedEx them to the grumpy couch if that will help....

AAAAAnnnnnd back on topic--I am beginning to believe that we will not need a forum for Zahra after all.

Attachments

• kittehs.jpg
    kittehs.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 32
Per WSOC-tv newscast an even bigger search is scheduled for tomorrow and the road will be secured tonight. Nothing on their website yet, so I will qualify this with MOO!

Per WSOC-tv newscast an even bigger search is scheduled for tomorrow and the road will be secured tonight. Nothing on their website yet, so I will qualify this with MOO!

Sounds promising. LE probably won't say too much until they are sure, or tests are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3