NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, SM met Dad through an online role-playing game? How does that work? You create a character (avatar?) and then randomly meet people while your character is walking around this 3D online world? Is this sort of like that Second Life game that I've heard about? I'm just confused as to how you get from a cartoon character wandering around an online world to a real-life relationship. I suppose it is no different than people on WS meeting in real life, but I'm still confused. Here you can read someone's thoughts and perspectives on various topics and have common interests. There, aren't you battling zombies or pretending you are a dragon-slayer or something? Where does the "connection" with another person take place? What am I missing?

I am still personally affected by a recent unexpected death of a family member who lived in this area of NC.

To make a long, sad story short, I just wanted to say that on several occassions, we spoke with Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins, and he showed us the utmost concern, care, compassion and professionalism. He truly was concerned and affected by our tragedy.

Sorry for the O/T...

I admit, I am one of those who, years and years ago, had lost faith in LE - until it was recently restored through our interaction with Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins.

He will find justice for Zahra !!

I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved family member.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. You just confirmed what we have all felt about this man and his agency. I understand what you mean about losing faith in LE. I've lost faith in LE in some of the cases I follow on WS.

It is refreshing to hear that this agency's members are so compassionate to crime victims.

Justice for Zahra!

wm

If I understand correctly, SM met Dad through an online role-playing game? How does that work? You create a character (avatar?) and then randomly meet people while your character is walking around this 3D online world? Is this sort of like that Second Life game that I've heard about? I'm just confused as to how you get from a cartoon character wandering around an online world to a real-life relationship. I suppose it is no different than people on WS meeting in real life, but I'm still confused. Here you can read someone's thoughts and perspectives on various topics and have common interests. There, aren't you battling zombies or pretending you are a dragon-slayer or something? Where does the "connection" with another person take place? What am I missing?

Good question. I have no idea.

It was IMVU, you can google them and go take a look at their site and all the chat rooms and forums. They have 1000's of chat rooms and millions of users, in fact 90.174 million registered users, and six million unique monthly visitors.

Membership

Basic IMVU memberships are free. Free memberships allow users to register a "Guest_" avatar name, make use of the chat service, purchase virtual content and create a homepage. Paying for membership, which removes "Guest_" from the avatar name and removes non-IMVU advertising, enables additional options such as becoming a content creator and access to additional Forum sections. However, many benefits require further payment such as access to restricted material (the Access Pass[2]), guaranteed access to customer support (the VIP monthly subscription[3]), to be able to create Public Rooms (Access Pass and/or VIP), to change avatar name (Name Change Token[4]), and to ensure you're verified as an adult (Age Verification[5]).

The currency used in IMVU is called "credits." Promo credits or "Predits" are free credits IMVU grants to the user upon initial registration, and other new user benefits IMVU provided in the past year.[6] Real credits are purchased with real money directly from IMVU or from Content Creator collectives called "Resellers." With real credits, one can send gifts, transfer credits, and use them in other ways.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMVU[/ame]

Hi haven't posted in awhile, but I had to on this case ... Zahra looks SO much like my oldest sister did at her age, and I'm greatly affected.

Such a precious child, who to me ... reflected the pure and innocence of God, while living in the darkest of places ... and I believe she will be sitting on the right hand of Jesus, very close, perhaps even on his lap ... and feeling the greatest love, she has ever felt.

She truly shined ... through the night ... now she will shine .... in the reflection of the sun (Son).

I thought Zahra deserved a proper hairstyle, so I added a bit to it in Photoshop, which is reflected in my profile picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If SM is involved, I'd rather not say what I think ... I will surely be banned. All I know is, along with the punishment she'll receive here, there is a much more somber day, she has yet to face.

Big tender hugs ... to all of you. How much more can we take of this? :(

I'm not positive (as I've never done anything like that before) but I know someone who plays those games..and so I asked them lol. Anyways, here's how it works..

There are many different versions (ones that slay things like dragons and demons, and then other ones where it's a "virtual reality" game that mimics real life). You create a character (a 3D image which can either be fictional or modeled after yourself) and then you enter the "world" and begin completing various missions (like slaying dragons). Since it's played online, you meet others from around the world and can "chat" with them via microphones on the game (attached to your computer) or exchanging information (email, phone number, etc) and you communicate that way as well. Typically people communicate with others in order to "recruite" them for their missions to help them out when they can't be by the computer to play (since the game "plays" all the time..you can't pause it).

My guess is that's how Adam and Elisa met is through the chat setting on the game (the microphone one) and then they chose to take their friendship outside of the game (via phone or email) and it developed from there.

Just heard on wcnc....search has ended in Burke County....focus back on Hickory with more evidence found.

aprilshowers...welcome! I haven't seen you post in awhile. :)

Hugs to you..I know this case is so hard for everyone. Love your avatar picture, and I'm sure princess Zahra would love it as well.

Oh my lord - I read the forensic astrology forum quite a bit and can read charts - but usally the posters go into great detail explaining the chart. Soulscape did a chart on Zahra - date Oct. 9th. What is found is more than disturbing.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5679722&postcount=885"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only[/ame] :sick:

Hey y'all!!! I hope everyone is well this morning.

I'm sorry in advance if I mention something that has been talked about or ask an already asked question.

I've tried all morning to catch up.

Pages 13-18 will have to remain a mystery to me unless I have time to go back.

Anything new this morning?

thanks shopgirl... more evidence was found in Hickory?

Just a short update break on tv....looks like website hasnt been updated yet. Nothing specific was mentioned, except search has ended in Burke County and LE are back in Hickory

It was IMVU, you can google them and go take a look at their site and all the chat rooms and forums. They have 1000's of chat rooms and millions of users, in fact 90.174 million registered users, and six million unique monthly visitors.

Membership

Basic IMVU memberships are free. Free memberships allow users to register a "Guest_" avatar name, make use of the chat service, purchase virtual content and create a homepage. Paying for membership, which removes "Guest_" from the avatar name and removes non-IMVU advertising, enables additional options such as becoming a content creator and access to additional Forum sections. However, many benefits require further payment such as access to restricted material (the Access Pass[2]), guaranteed access to customer support (the VIP monthly subscription[3]), to be able to create Public Rooms (Access Pass and/or VIP), to change avatar name (Name Change Token[4]), and to ensure you're verified as an adult (Age Verification[5]).

The currency used in IMVU is called "credits." Promo credits or "Predits" are free credits IMVU grants to the user upon initial registration, and other new user benefits IMVU provided in the past year.[6] Real credits are purchased with real money directly from IMVU or from Content Creator collectives called "Resellers." With real credits, one can send gifts, transfer credits, and use them in other ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMVU

Thanks. This is not an online roleplaying game, more of online chatting. There is a difference. IMVU is more of a meeting and chatting with people only kind of place, like match.com in 3D and more chat rooms than compatibility surveys. On World of Warcraft, just one of many online roleplaying games, you can meet people, but there's also quests, dungeons, raids, auction houses, trades/skills to help make money in game, guilds, housing (in game)etc. It's more for that than meeting people only.

Sorry, but I don't consider these two to be in same group I am. I wanted to make sure people knew there was a difference.

ETA: if you ever have any questions about online roleplaying games, just let me know. I'll be happy to give an answer anytime!

Elisa Annette Baker, 42, seemed distraught and spoke softly when she appeared in Burke County Court Wednesday morning for an obstruction of justice charge.

She asked for a court-appointed attorney and was given a November 3rd court date. She is being held on a $40,000 bond at the Catawba County jail.

In court Wednesday morning, the judge asked Baker if she understood the charges against her. She replied, "Yes." The judge also asked if she understood that she doesn't have to speak to anyone except her attorney.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

I am still personally affected by a recent unexpected death of a family member who lived in this area of NC.

To make a long, sad story short, I just wanted to say that on several occassions, we spoke with Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins, and he showed us the utmost concern, care, compassion and professionalism. He truly was concerned and affected by our tragedy.

Sorry for the O/T...

I admit, I am one of those who, years and years ago, had lost faith in LE - until it was recently restored through our interaction with Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins.

He will find justice for Zahra !!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Chief Adkins really is a wonderful person. We're lucky to have him. Please keep him in your prayers, folks. I'm sure he hasn't slept a wink all week. Pray for all our law enforcement. This case is really taking a toll.

I must say I am impressed with this Sheriff and his dept. They seem He!! bent on solving this and bringing justice for Zahra.

MOO

wm

I've been thinking about how professional LE are under these horrific circumstances, determined and focused. Can you just imagine how agonizing it is for LE to be searching for a child's bones, teeth, or metal shavings from a prosthesis? They have children of their own, it must be terrible.

They've been at this 24/7 and by this point must be emotionally and physically exhausted and yet, they still find time to update the public. :grouphug: for all.

Thanks for all the info on RPGs. Looks like there's a whole lot of stuff out there that I am completely clueless about! Seems like you would need one doozy of a computer to be able to process all of the info (lots of RAM, a great video card, etc).

I think what we are learning is that Elesa liked to live in a fantasy world and loved high drama - the fake illnesses, the grandiose lying etc.

In this 3D world she could be anyone she wanted and she could pick her avatar to look like anyone she wanted. You should see the avatar she picked, hers and Adam's avatars for IMVU are on her myspace page. I guess it is like being in another world and quite similar to second life I would imagine.

I think the bigger question, and one that will never be answered, is why did the universe put Zahra on a collision course with this obviously disturbed woman? I guess like found like.

Oh my lord - I read the forensic astrology forum quite a bit and can read charts - but usally the posters go into great detail explaining the chart. Soulscape did a chart on Zahra - date Oct. 9th. What is found is more than disturbing.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only :sick:

I have tried many a time to read the astrology forum and I always leave feeling like I was trying to read Russian or something!! I have no idea what they are talking about! I'm going to pop over to read Zahra's chart, though, and see if I can make heads or tails of it. I'm sure my head will be spinning within a few seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member