NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, Sleuthers. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night -- kept thinking about Zahra and the Fargo-esque wood chipper. Unfortunately, the SM and father remind me of some of the sick characters from the movie Fargo, as does the suspected method of disposing of the dear little girl's body. Here's to hoping that the suspects in this real life crime mirror the stupidity of the characters in the make-believe one.

It is amazing to me that the father would have allowed the SM to control him so far as to get him involved in the cover-up of such a crime. But as we Sleuthers have seen, time and time again, that some people value the love of an adult companion over that of their own flesh and blood.

Based on what I have read here about the SM, It is my belief that she is the one who murdered the girl, then somehow talked the father into covering it up. Now he is a partner in it -- and maybe torn in half by his daughter's death and the actions he took to cover up the wife's crime. Just speculation -- and such speculation does not absolve him from guilt and his failed responsibility to protect his daughter. This is all very upsetting and heartbreaking.

BBM. I agree. I keep thinking of a Nathan and Stephanie Sloop type scenario, as sad as it is to think about, reversing the gender of the main perp.

jmo

Do you guys think the court appearance will be streamed live?

I also tried to post on the other thread im fairly new to this and the speed of this has my head spinning.
I have a few observations to add.
The low weight doesnt seem so strange to me if they only let her out of her room for 5 minutes to eat. How much food could she possibly injest in that small amount of time. That also could answer why the neighbors never saw her im sure it was a out of sight out of mind kind of thing. The dogs didnt look starved in the pics so they apparently were more important to them thus being thier choice of topic over the child.
As for the cadaver dogs hitting on the wood chippers, We cut alot of wood for heat and it is not unusual to cut yourself doing that kind of work so there has probley been alot of blood dripped on the wood that was fed through the machines. Not that im trying to say this terrible thing didnt happen (but I pray it didnt) it just may be a reason why they hit on both machines.
I also think that the dad has to be leading LE to the crime scenes. Otherwise it would be cruel to have him out there witnessing the search so close handedly. Ithink they are both guilty. Its been reported the SM abused the poor girl horribly and the father sat by and did nothing to stop it. THATS ABUSE !THEY ARE BOTH MONSTERS NO MATTER WHOS HAND DID THE ACTUAL DEED! JMO

Oh God...the dogs don't look starved...my mind went to a very bad place with that...please don't let that be true...

On the court calendar, the Obstruction charge wasn't there yesterday. (Obviously, because she was just charged with it).

I kind of doubt a live stream from Catawba county, but who knows, they may have the ability to do it.

BURKE COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - Sheriff's deputies plan to resume searching a brush pile just north of Morganton Wednesday morning for any clues concerning a missing 10-year-old girl, and her stepmother will appear in court for an obstruction of justice charge.
The search site is located in an area where a tree trimming company dumps tree limbs and other debris. It is located off Hartland Road near Bristol Creek Avenue.
Officials searched the area late Tuesday night and ended their search around 1 a.m. on Wednesday. The pile of debris is about 100 feet by 50 feet. Workers are using heavy equipment to examine the debris.
Sheriff's deputies are expected to resume their search Wednesday after 9 a.m.
http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/searchers-look-brush-pile-missing-girl-stepmother-appear-court

Dont get me wrong I agree that the people in Giru saying that he couldnt be involved are in total shock and not facing reality......

I am sure he was a loving and supporting dad while he was in Giru....BUT......he met Bridezilla by the sounds of it and things changed.....

How many times do we hear "they were so nice, there is no way such and such could have done it, or committ suicide".....

It is true that people dont truly know other people when they are not fully aware of the true circumstances......

I also beleive that the wife "wore the pants" and she committed the crime but I do think that he has covered it up for her...........

BBM. I agree. I keep thinking of a Nathan and Stephanie Sloop type scenario, as sad as it is to think about, reversing the gender of the main perp.

jmo

And Cubby, I do agree that the father could be a victim of domestic violence at the hands of the stepmother -- or at least some type of emotional manipulation.

My late husband had 10 children by five different women -- his oldest two children lived with three of the women and often describe the hard times they endured living with a couple of them. At the time, their father would have difficulty surviving on his own without a woman -- and thus would end up hooking up with some real winners. In his relationship before I met him, he married and had a child with a woman with Borderline Personality Disorder. Once he left her and met and married me, we had to deal with the emotional and verbal abuse she heaped upon her young daughter.

Sounds like Zahra's father may have gotten himself involved in a terrible situation and did not have the strength or desire to get out of it. And Zahra payed the ultimate price for his weakness and mistake.

Do you guys think the court appearance will be streamed live?

I tend to doubt it will be live but it may be available on tv news later. I'm guessing but she's in jail. The jail building itself may have an interior court room for arraignments of certain prisoners. Usually these interior jail court rooms do not provide hook-ups for live feeds but may allow news video for later news.

Unknown yet and I could be wrong if she's taken to a court house.

JMO

I cannot imagine what the searchers are going through as they know what they are looking for and why. They know so much more than we do,enough to bring the sheriff to tears. I'm sure many of them have children and must be so emotional for them.
My prayers and support go out to them!!!

*sigh* so reminds me of LE searching for Caylee Anthony's little bones, which had been spread out over a large area. God bless them all.

BURKE COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - Sheriff's deputies plan to resume searching a brush pile just north of Morganton Wednesday morning for any clues concerning a missing 10-year-old girl, and her stepmother will appear in court for an obstruction of justice charge.
The search site is located in an area where a tree trimming company dumps tree limbs and other debris. It is located off Hartland Road near Bristol Creek Avenue.
Officials searched the area late Tuesday night and ended their search around 1 a.m. on Wednesday. The pile of debris is about 100 feet by 50 feet. Workers are using heavy equipment to examine the debris.
Sheriff's deputies are expected to resume their search Wednesday after 9 a.m.
http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/searchers-look-brush-pile-missing-girl-stepmother-appear-court

I must say I am impressed with this Sheriff and his dept. They seem He!! bent on solving this and bringing justice for Zahra.

MOO

wm

Hello everyone, this is my first posting here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been following this story as closely as possible and can only say that this little girl has touched me as deeply as no other has in a long time. I was hoping for such a better outcome for this angel.
I have had a bit of trouble keeping up with the threads/postings, so if I ask a question that has already been asked and answered, please forgive me.
Thanks for all the hard work for keeping us informed here.

Good morning bevichan! Welcome to Websleuths, glad you are no longer lurking but posting!

I am in central IL as well. We will cut you some slack since you're a newbie ;)

*sigh* so reminds me of LE searching for Caylee Anthony's little bones, which had been spread out over a large area. God bless them all.

Very reminiscent of that terrible day. Lots of similarities in this case to a few other recent cases isn't there.

This is just a random thought. If he is an Australian citizen, I bet LE are working really hard to get whatever they can out of him. I don't think Australia has the death penalty and it will be interesting to see if they go for the death penalty or Life in prison with him. SM they can sentence her and I will push any button they want me too. I am so conflicted in this case. I live maybe 20-30 miles from where they do now. I am a student studying Criminal Justice and Social Work that I hope to use to work as a Victim's Advocate. I want to be the best at both and never never think I didn't do enough to protect anyone, especially a child. I have 2 stepsons (1 older and 1 younger than my birth children)and I can not imagine being so cruel to child. My youngest stepson's step-dad gets on my last nerve constantly putting him down so I try to spend extra time building him up. Anyway, I am Newbie too but I hope to contribute in the future too. Justice for Zahra!

I must say I am impressed with this Sheriff and his dept. They seem He!! bent on solving this and bringing justice for Zahra.

MOO

wm

I too am impressed. To often these smaller lil WNC mtowns arent knowledgeable or have resources to cover these monstrocities.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :dance: AND PRAYERS FOR THE SEARCHERS and all the innocents of the case.

Please God let this come to a close soon...thank you :angel:

http://injail.catawbacountync.gov/WhosInJail/

You can see all the mug shots, charges, and bail/bond for everyone in the Catawba County jail!

This is just an observation....

I clicked on SM's mugger and it almost looks like her lips have been tatooed to look like the Queen of Hearts on Alice. Did anyone else notice this? I just thought it looked odd.

MOO

wm

ETA Click on the pic to enlarge it.

MOO

wm

The sheriff seems to have taken it personally to his heart...watching him nearly break down yesterday was gut wrenching. Quite the opposite of the video of the step mother below - granted she was being arrested, but...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozll5Ivosvw[/ame]

Arrest at 0.30 secs

This is just an observation....

I clicked on SM's mugger and it almost looks like her lips have been tatooed to look like the Queen of Hearts on Alice. Did anyone else notice this? I just thought it looked odd.

MOO

wm

ETA Click on the pic to enlarge it.

She does look like she's on the verge of saying, "Off with their heads!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics