NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in a couple of articles on local sites last night that the sheriff of Burke County (where they were searching) said that the father wasn't being "cooperative" or "sincere" in assisting them. If he doesn't help turn up something significant very soon, I look for his behind to be thrown in the pokey forthwith.

Adam's mother in Qld seems to think he is doing all that he can to assist but you're correct reports did come in that he wasn't really cooperating or being truthful according to LE.

Fingers crossed we'll know more today.

So how did our new members find Websleuths?

Did you hear about Zahra and google her name? Sorry for being nosey :)

While reading the news on the miners here's this story...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39645988/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I'm going to enjoy seeing this woman in jail garb.

From that article...

According to relatives and former neighbors, Baker was nasty-tempered and willing to use a gun or her fists to settle an argument. They also said her stepdaughter usually bore the brunt of her rage.

"She was always beating her," former neighbor Karen Yount said Tuesday. "I told her to stop but she wouldn't listen to anyone. That poor girl."

I just don't get it. How can you know that someone is "always beating" a child and all you do is tell her to stop but don't go beyond that if she doesn't listen. People have to know that if someone is willing to do that sort of thing within your view, they are doing far worse behind closed doors.

I would call DSS/police every damned day til someone did something. And it they never did, I'd probably get myself arrested trying to get her away from the torture. And it would be worth it!

Good morning y'all. I've gotta lot of catching up to do.

See y'all in a little bit.

Search for missing Zahra Baker focuses on Burke County property

In Hickory this morning, Elisa Baker, the missing girl's stepmother, is scheduled to appear in court for an initial hearing on felony obstruction of justice charges.

In Burke County, crews used backhoes and other equipment to scour a wooded area, including a 50-foot-wide pile of mulch. It was the third time that searchers have been on the property, neighbors said.

Adam Baker was on the scene Tuesday, Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt told WCNC-TV, the Observer's news partner.

McDevitt told WCNC that Baker was "not exactly cooperative" in the search.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html

I can't wait to hear "not exactly cooperative" expanded upon. I'm hoping there might be a presser today.

So how did our new members find Websleuths?

Did you hear about Zahra and google her name? Sorry for being nosey :)

I joined when Kiesha Abrahams went missing but didn't post until tonight. From memory, WS was linked on a FB page *I think*, can't remember now.

Zahra's case is on every major Australian newspaper's website today, not hard to miss her. Although, in typical Aus fashion she will be media fodder today ... maybe tomorrow ... then politics or sport will take precedence.

I'm off to bed, it's almost 11.30 pm here. Hopefully tomorrow there will be some closure and Zahra can be granted the respect and dignity she deserves.

Night night.

this is the most horrendous, sicking case I can remember, what is WRONG with people, this is more than I can bare...honestly, there's a law or something that you can drop off a newborn baby...and no charges will be filed...does this not apply to Children?? My GOD...these precious Children haven't done anything wrong and then disposed of like garbage, what kind of world are we living in that this can happen. I'm aghast , and don't have the words to describe what I'm feeling right now.

Morning everyone, Elisa is on the NC dockets. I'll try and give a direct link but don't know if it works.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...=BTH&defendant=baker,elisa&start=0&navindex=0

If the above link doesn't work, go to the link below.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

Search info

All counties
Court - Check Both
Defendant - Baker,Alisa <- No spaces
Click submit query

She's has two listings
Baker,Alisa
Baker,Alisa,Annette

Oct. 13th today she's scheduled for an AM hearing.

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2010056768 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: BAKER,ELISA,ANNETTE
County: CATAWBA
Court Date: 10/13/2010
Session: AM
Court Room: 9999

Offense Code Description Statute
2699 OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE FELONY COMMON LAW

Sherbie, and lulu, you said what I couldn't find words for late last night. Thank you! I'd happily get arrested for coming between a child and a monster as well. I can't understand why no one could do anything more than wring their hands and say after the fact, "oh I knew this would happen." I have strong words for that which I won't say here...but I will say if someone were holding a gun to a child's head they'd DO something and not question,right? So why, then, did no one go above and beyond for Zahra knowing she was in mortal danger?? I just don't believe the depth that this poor girl was failed.

It's gonna be another long day.

No way can I ever catch up reading everything that has been posted but am wondering If someone will please post the photos some of you are addressing as being very disturbing and paints a completely different picture from those first revealed. TYIA
My heart is heavy just thinking of the pain and suffering this precious child endured during her short lifetime..

Good Morning all!

This thread has moved at TURBO speed. I've just finished catching up on what I've missed over night.

A WOOD CHIPPER!!!!!!!! Holy moly I have NO words!!! What kind of evil was going on in this family? Has SM watched the movie 'Fargo'?

I was happy to learn that Zahra's bio mom has come forward to say she had been looking for her. Although I'd like to know more about her and why Zahra ended up with the father.

The more I read, the sicker I feel but I'll hang in here with you all for as long as I can today. What in the H.E. Double Hocky Sticks did this sweet baby endure in her short life here in the states? I cannot imagine. How could one not love and adore her sweet spirit and freckled face? I don't understand.....hope those responsible ROT!

MOO

wm

WELCOME to all new sleuths who have joined WS to champion for little Zahra! Heartbreaking as it is, I am glad you all are here.

From that article...

According to relatives and former neighbors, Baker was nasty-tempered and willing to use a gun or her fists to settle an argument. They also said her stepdaughter usually bore the brunt of her rage.

"She was always beating her," former neighbor Karen Yount said Tuesday. "I told her to stop but she wouldn't listen to anyone. That poor girl."

I just don't get it. How can you know that someone is "always beating" a child and all you do is tell her to stop but don't go beyond that if she doesn't listen. People have to know that if someone is willing to do that sort of thing within your view, they are doing far worse behind closed doors.

I would call DSS/police every damned day til someone did something. And it they never did, I'd probably get myself arrested trying to get her away from the torture. And it would be worth it!

I hope these damn people who are stating they were aware of the fact the child was being abused, yet did very little to stop the abuse and save her fully realize they failed this child and are partly responsible for her demise...
I'm so damn mad...

No way can I ever catch up reading everything that has been posted but am wondering If someone will please post the photos some of you are addressing as being very disturbing and paints a completely different picture from those first revealed. TYIA
My heart is heavy just thinking of the pain and suffering this precious child endured during her short lifetime..

Morning Em :)

Pics start on page 5 and continue a few pages, hope you're doing well.

Pel

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/10/13/176621_hpphoto.html

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/10/13/176611_news.html

Hi guys....... a couple or articles from the local paper up here......... now I know where the name Kim came from that I mentioned one of my facebook friends said they were thinking of, she was a close family friend.......I actually went to school with her.......

Apparently the whole of Giru is absolutely devastated as this is a very close community where everyone knows everyone and they took this little girl under the community wing when she got sick.....

one thing I have noticed about the comments on the facebook pages of friends I know from Giru, they all can not (and in most cases will not) beleive that the dad had anything to do with it........I will keep reading.....

but it looks like he may have covered up the crime committed by the wife....and I dont even want to go there, how it may have been done....

Once again another case of a parent putting the child second once they meet the "significant other"..........how many times have we seen that now, I'll say it again but there needs to be some of huge world conference on the modern family and the ramifications of multiple partners when children are involved.

Good morning, Sleuthers. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night -- kept thinking about Zahra and the Fargo-esque wood chipper. Unfortunately, the SM and father remind me of some of the sick characters from the movie Fargo, as does the suspected method of disposing of the dear little girl's body. Here's to hoping that the suspects in this real life crime mirror the stupidity of the characters in the make-believe one.

It is amazing to me that the father would have allowed the SM to control him so far as to get him involved in the cover-up of such a crime. But as we Sleuthers have seen, time and time again, that some people value the love of an adult companion over that of their own flesh and blood.

Based on what I have read here about the SM, It is my belief that she is the one who murdered the girl, then somehow talked the father into covering it up. Now he is a partner in it -- and maybe torn in half by his daughter's death and the actions he took to cover up the wife's crime. Just speculation -- and such speculation does not absolve him from guilt and his failed responsibility to protect his daughter. This is all very upsetting and heartbreaking.

Morning everyone, Elisa is on the NC dockets. I'll try and give a direct link but don't know if it works.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...=BTH&defendant=baker,elisa&start=0&navindex=0

If the above link doesn't work, go to the link below.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

Search info

All counties
Court - Check Both
Defendant - Baker,Alisa <- No spaces
Click submit query

She's has two listings
Baker,Alisa
Baker,Alisa,Annette

Oct. 13th today she's scheduled for an AM hearing.

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2010056768 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: BAKER,ELISA,ANNETTE
County: CATAWBA
Court Date: 10/13/2010
Session: AM
Court Room: 9999

Offense Code Description Statute
2699 OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE FELONY COMMON LAW

Thank you- the dang offense code was what I was missing, no wonder I could not find her.

Hi guys....... a couple or articles from the local paper up here......... now I know where the name Kim came from that I mentioned one of my facebook friends said they were thinking of, she was a close family friend.......I actually went to school with her.......

Apparently the whole of Giru is absolutely devastated as this is a very close community where everyone knows everyone and they took this little girl under the community wing when she got sick.....

one thing I have noticed about the comments on the facebook pages of friends I know from Giru, they all can not (and in most cases will not) beleive that the dad had anything to do with it........I will keep reading.....

but it looks like he may have covered up the crime committed by the wife....and I dont even want to go there, how it may have been done....

Once again another case of a parent putting the child second once they meet the "significant other"..........how many times have we seen that now, I'll say it again but there needs to be some of huge world conference on the modern family and the ramifications of multiple partners when children are involved.

BBM. I have to respectfully disagree. Imo, dad was here in the states, how many miles away - isolated and probably being abused himself. From my experience both here at WS and on SP forums, men who are victims of DV have a very difficult time reporting dv, finding support and a place to go. There are no shelters for men who are victims of DV. Until further information comes out I tend to believe he is a victim of DV and didn't realize it would come to this..... again, it is not an excuse for him not leaving, just how I see it at this time. I do reserve the right to change my mind as further info becomes available.

jmo

While it's admirable those people are standing up for Adam they don't know all the facts or the little we know so far. If all of Elesa's family in the US knew there was abuse going on and they stated that Adam turned a blind eye and allowed it to happen, he is just a culpable if not more so than the step mum, as he is the father. If no one saw the child for a month or more then there is no way that he can't know what happened....no way. The public don't believe him and the police don't believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking