NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Zahra was from Australia I don't believe she qualified for disability here - even if she did it would have required bunches of paperwork and I just don't think they (EB and AB) went that way.

NC is notorious for child abusers to simply up and move to a new county and the DSS agencies don't coordinate cases - IOW once county B gets a report unless someone tells them about county A doing an investigation, they won't call. This last move was from one county to another.

Quite right, ofcourse I'm no expert here, but someone was and detailed the entire process of marriage and immigration from Australia to States on this site. Very much an energy and time consuming process, not to mention, a process that requires the sponsor to be law abiding, gainfully employed able to meet needs (including medical), etc. They had really good info, too tired to go back right now, but maybe author will repost. But at any rate, your right, I will bet every last dollar I own these people never expended one dime on this childs health care , or clothes for that matter. Of the 15 or so pictures of her, at least 10 she is wearing the same clothes, or combination of same clothes. Everyone is quite right, prosthesis are very painful, or can be. Our Vets are (for the most part) getting really up to date custom fits, but they are grown. This is a child going through a growth spirt, age 10 - 14 growing.... I'm willing to bet that Z was never fitted for a new prosthesis since before she left Australia. Thats been 2 years, and a long time for a growing child. If she hasn't been refitted, then I imagine she was in a great deal of pain, might explain why in every photo where she is standing up straight, left leg is very straight, there is no telling what was going on with her left leg, in my experience as a nurse absolutely terrible things happen to a stump. I'm sick beyond words. This child fought a battle most adults can't win, bone ca and mets to lungs is a death sentence. She was in remission, and by the little we see, was looking healthy, if not sad, ( with her little closed mouth, not quite smilling eyes), and 2 yrs in remission is what every cancer survivor wishes for. It's like the holy grail. It makes the 5 year survival rate even greater for your chance of survival. Believe me, it's a HUGE deal. When you look at all the pictures, you can tell when she was 8-9 and 9-10. ( these in the States), next month she will be 11, the last photos with the white sheet back drop look pretty much current, along with the cell phone pic, I would bet they are some of the last. This wasn't due to medications, since I would bet everything I own that this child has not seen a physician, this was abuse pure and simple. Wow, kind of wish I'd never stumbled across all this, it really hurts, alot, you people are great, kuddos, I have read things here that beat out MSM by a day or more. Sorry for the rant, caught off guard with emotion, it's just SOO unfair sometimes, this little warrior fought so hard to live, and was brought down by the weakest among us.

HICKORY, N.C. -- Zahra Baker's stepbrother made his first public statements Tuesday to a crowd of reporters at a candlelight vigil for his missing stepsister.

DP, the 22-year-old son of Elisa Baker, would not answer questions about charges against his mother, the ongoing homicide investigation, or allegations that Elisa Baker abused Zahra. "I can't really comment right now what's going on because I am still learning everything and it's a private matter right now between myself and my family," he said. "To all the people who helped us come out and look the other day, to all the messages that we've received, all the phone calls--it's not gone unnoticed."

He also thanked law enforcement officers investigating the case. "I just want everyone to know that we really appreciate everything and that we're not going to stop looking for Zahra. We'll go as long as it takes."

On Zahra, he said, "I think it would make her happy to see all this, but with that in mind, until anything changes, or we get any more facts, I am not really going to make any more statements."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Elis...ut-at-vigil-for-missing-Zahra--104914834.html

Sorry if this is repeated but one of SM's comments to her friends was... her friend was venting about pain pills and that she was angry that people wanted some from her, complaining about drug addicts and popping them like Skittles. Well, SM agreed with her.

Its quite obvious that this "family" (meaning EB, AB and Zahra) lived on the fringes of society. Hiding out here, cashing bad checks there, moving frequently to avoid bills (and DSS investigations). Not many friends, weren't friendly with any neighbors. I believe all that is creating a difficult situation for LE to track and investigate their activities and whereabouts. Couple all that with having no real time frame of when she actually went missing is past frustrating.

Its cases like these that I would tend to look the other way if waterboarding were introduced KWIM?

We haven't heard much about dad's relationship with Zahra. He went through the bouts of cancer and loosing the leg - how close were they? What was their relationship like back in Australia?

This is just so very sad.

So, AY is engaged to KR? As in A 'n K? ANK? The mysterious ex who was posting comments on the CNN site a few days ago?

Can the Americans help me out with something I've been thinking about today.

Given the state of the economy (GFC), it was my understanding the US were limiting Green Card's to non-Americans under the assumption that foreigner's would potentially be taking a job opportunity. So, how has this all eventuated?

Also, I believe it's reasonably hard to be granted Australian citizenship unless you are skilled or have family here????

Hope all this makes sense - I'm just trying to get my head around this seemingly whirlwind relationship that has taken an innocent child to another continent.

I'd also be interested (not that we will found out), if Zahra's SM & Dad have been able to access social security benefits in two countries. In Australia the Dad would be entitled to Family Tax Benefit (A or B or both) as they are Aus citizens.

I also wanted to say, I'm thankful another country is loving/supporting this innocent child.

Oh, and to the previous poster who suggested that perhaps the Dad may want to come back here ..... the door's closed and locked. We don't want him!

Bodhi can you change your post to intials AY? thanks, just trying to help the mods out. :)

Graphic Question (Sorry)

What puzzles me is if the work site isn't the main site, why on earth would someone spread evidence there knowing that LE would look there more than likely. It would only point to murdering the child and make LE search harder. Is it possible that this is the main site and that is all the evidence there is? I have never heard of a crime of this type other than the one mentioned earlier about the airline pilot murdering his wife. And I realize she was a small child who weighed much less.

That story is still on the crime library site I believe. That's where I read about it. What concerns me is the timeline here and knowing some of the details about the evidence in the other wood chipper case is there going to be anything left for them to find? She was so small. The most they may end up with is forensics from the wood chippers, small amount of blood in vehicle, cadaver dog hits and her blood on the glove. Since we have no idea how long ago she went missing the mulch from the work sites may have already been distributed somewhere or several places. Know what I mean?

Another comment to a friend on FB... Friend said diarrhea of the mouth is serious and he knows too many people with the symptoms. She commented that she knew the cure.

Another comment SM gave to a friend... her friend was commenting on how sad a funeral service was, and SM said she likes to think they are better off where they are how the world is today. Two comments later, someone said SM was a good judge of character.

We haven't heard anymore about the "glove" that was found. I'm interested in what type of glove it was. Was it the type that tree trimmers use? Was it a welding glove? A gardening glove? I believe that it is a big clue that LE has learned quite a bit from or it was just a nothing.

A glove with red goo found by the Bakers neighbors doesn't seem like a nothing imo. One of their first big clues if they found out it was Zahras blood. LE's silence about that glove is another factor as well imo.

Another comment SM gave to a friend... her friend was commenting on how sad a funeral service was, and SM said she likes to think they are better off where they are how the world is today. Two comments later, someone said SM was a good judge of character.

Yeah, Sprite came out of my nose when I read that she was a good judge of character.

Can the Americans help me out with something I've been thinking about today.

Given the state of the economy (GFC), it was my understanding the US were limiting Green Card's to non-Americans under the assumption that foreigner's would potentially be taking a job opportunity. So, how has this all eventuated?

Also, I believe it's reasonably hard to be granted Australian citizenship unless you are skilled or have family here????

Hope all this makes sense - I'm just trying to get my head around this seemingly whirlwind relationship that has taken an innocent child to another continent.

I'd also be interested (not that we will found out), if Zahra's SM & Dad have been able to access social security benefits in two countries. In Australia the Dad would be entitled to Family Tax Benefit (A or B or both) as they are Aus citizens.

I also wanted to say, I'm thankful another country is loving/supporting this innocent child.

Oh, and to the previous poster who suggested that perhaps the Dad may want to come back here ..... the door's closed and locked. We don't want him!
Very interesting. Can a citizen of Australia that is receiving benefits under Australian law still receive them if they are out of the country? IOW could dad have the benefit checks sent here? Or maybe he was still receiving them there and family would forward them?

My thoughts keep going back to where did all this money come from? EB going to Australia then all 3 of them coming back - that's a chunk o change there. They are both wanted for bad checks so it wasn't that they had access to any type of assets. And they way they were living here showed they didn't have much of nothing.

Pit bull's name (honestly mix but beautiful dog) is Sabbath.

Commenting on a death of a friend on FB, she said she knows it's hard but it's comfort that she will see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro