NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, those neighbor kids had to be from the previous residence. At least we know for some time she was "allowed" not only out of her room but outside to play.

This escalated. EB didn't like that Zahra was around other children and those children were witness to EB and her rages. How to fix that? Lock poor Zahra in her room with some lousy, lame excuse for punishment.

I am sure the well meaning neighbor at the prior residence who witnessed the abuse and told SM to stop it, subsequently filing charges against SM for "threats", with the DSS visit like a big fat cherry on top, probably hastened the move, and ultimately is why at the new home Zahra was imprisoned in her room.

No more nosy neighbors in SM business, no one for Zahra to run to, no one to notice a little girl in dire straights.

I am so burned I need to stop now before the profanity starts.

Commercial break for NG

Ugh... I decided to try and get through NG. Just as I tuned in a woman who called in was talking about how EB would slap, pull hair, put Z down and drag her by her shirt. All because she wasn't "walking right".

The woman said Z was supposed to do therapy to help her walk. So this is the therapy she chooses for the child? Beating her and emotionally abusing her?

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

This woman is despicable! She is a sadistic predator of a 10yo child in her care. I find her absolutely disgusting! moo mho :furious:

No need to apologize--and thank you for the elucidation! Any idea what the source of the Buckley's reference is? (Sorry, super language nerd here...)

ETA: Eek, I hadn't gotten to darnudes' response yet. You guys are the best! Thanks again, both.

lol...

Buckley's chance (BUK-leez chans) noun
No chance at all (or only a very slim chance).
Also called "Buckley's and none" or "Buckley's hope".

The origin of the term isn't certain but the most popular story pins it to William Buckley (1780-1856), a British convict transported to Australia. There, he escaped and found refuge among the Aborigines for more than three decades. When he was rediscovered he had forgotten how to speak English. Since survival in the outback was difficult it was said that anyone lost there had Buckley's chance of making it.

Another possibility is a pun on the Melbourne department store Buckley and Nunn, i.e. one has two chances: Buckley's and none (both of which are 'no chance').]

I thought they said SM's son was going to be on Nancy Grace.

I think we just saw all we're going to see of him, in the motage, saying now is not the time to talk about it. (in an interview from the vigil last night)

My apologies if I was wrong when I posted it earlier.

But I could have sworn JVM said he was going to be on the upcoming NG show.

Zahra may have had to sleep in the Crawlspace above closet in the apt they were in up to Nov '09, said someone with the media on NG..

Thats it! I've got to exit for a minute for an attitude adjustment!

Gonna go check in on my little man Kyron's thread. FOrgive me folks but

I jus tcan't right this moment. I don't even begin to have the words, or at least the ones that wont get me banned for a good long stretch.

Who knows, maybe that would be best for my mental health :(

Ok... compiling the many facets of Elisa:

She's a name-dropping, bounty-hunting witch who was shot in the line of duty as a police woman, who, when not chanting incantations, capturing bad guys, hobnobbing with celebrities, or saddling up with her posse, wrote music for an internationally renown rock star.

Sounds like your ordinary, average housewife to me. I'm surprised that Nobel-award-winning astrophysicist isn't in there somewhere, but she probably couldn't pronounce it.

Ohhh Puf! You forgot drug dealing...no wait that was true. Sorry truth was a stranger to this person!

Crawl space? OK if that's true then the father can't even hope to plead ignorance, no way no how - not that he could have anyway with all the lies he has tried to tell.....disgusting! How could they?

she did..and technically he was...if you call a copy of the video from the vigil with him saying that it isn't the place or time to comment and he wants to wait for all the evidence to come in...

It was a Nancy Grace trick to "lure" viewers in...

No problem Karen, it's ok. I heard JVM say it too. That's the only way I'd be watching. He was on the show, it was in the montage. I guess we expect too much.:innocent:

This whole case is sick. I think both parents should get the DP. Gross on the attraction to the cancer.

back on---

montage of voices and images (previous coverage)

NG SM made Zahra's life a living h3ll.

Son not taking up for mom...etc....

replay of snippets dad's interview from another station.

NG what i don't get is that dad saying he hasn't seen little girl since Thursday? Didn't he ever just look in on her?

Dr. Marshall: I think he was participating in abuse. This mother is showing facticious disorder (spelling) The mother loved to torment little girl (sadistic). Mom had attraction to Zahra because of Zahra's illness. An attraction that went wrong, she thought she could get attention because Zahra had illness. She began to resent and hate Zahra, competition for attention. SM began to make up illnesses out of resentment, sytematically abusing and torturing Zahra. Abuse probably racheted up in the few months prior to murder and Dad was complicit and had to help in disposal.

EB's son - Douglas Baker? I thought they said he was Douglas Proctor?

Showing AB on Saturday - who EB came out screaming that Zahra was missing. Crying, panicking. It could be possible that wife had something to do with it.

NG: Dad didn't see lil girl since Thurs. why didn't he jsut tip-toe in the room to at least see her? How can a father go days on in without looking at her.

Bethany:
EB first took attraction to the child because of the cancer but then changed. EB loved to torment the lil girl. An attraction that went wrong - attraction to the cancer MBP syndrome, but then began to resent and hate the lil girl because of the needs. Turned into competition and then systematically torturing her. The torture was ratcheted up in the last few months and that dad knew as well. Torture finally resulted in the death and dad had to help dispose

That blonde dressed in red on NG doesn't know what she is talking about.Never has...And she claims she is a psychologist...

They just said on NG that Zahra had to sleep in a crawl space above the closet at the last residence. More to come.

How would anyone even know that Zahra had to sleep in a crawl space at their last residence? Could this come from the same relatives that didn't call DCF? :banghead:

Off Topic

We have a thread in the members only area in which we can discuss NG and our opinions of her. JFYI.

Zahra may have had to sleep in the Crawlspace above closet in the apt they were in up to Nov '09, said someone with the media on NG..

I am just sick over this but have to admit I have had a sinking feeling ever since we heard about the search warrant and what was found in the car - comforter, 2 pillows and a sheet.

OMG, anyone know how hot has it been in NC in the past few weeks?

:furious:

Caller saying the police were tired of hearing complaints about Zahra being mistreated.

Where would a self-absorbed "all about me" woman hide a body of a child. Statistics show that mothers who do the ultimate harm to their children normally place the children in or near water. This happens where there had been some sort of bonding with the child initially. SM had no true bonding with Zahra IMO given what she put her through. Where around Hickory would be the most desolate/barren/ugliest spot that would appeal to SM.

Am almost convinced that AB does not have a clue where Zahra is located and SM did not tell him as his elevator doesn't quite go to the top floor.

A dark spot in or around Hickory that would appeal to SM - she truly has a dark soul and is evil personified.

Are there any abandoned wells/mines/old burial grounds in or around Hickory? I think LE should look at different places.

Don't get me wrong - LE is doing a fine job and there is no doubt they will NOT stop until they find her. Kudos to LE - I do not envy them their job right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member