NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the gas might have been used in the SUV to cover a smell.

That is what I was thinking too. Otherwise the vehicle would have been torched, not a pile of debris or mulch or whatever caught fire (can't remember at the moment).

I know I keep getting conflicting news stories as well... One says Dad is cooperating, the next say's no and then the next says kinda sorta....what gives ?
Either dad is cooperating or he is not.

I think depending on which officer and department (Burke and Hickory) they talk to, they get different answers.

He is cooperating. Whether he is being truthful or sincere with what he is saying, is a different story.

I can cooperate and take an oral exam or interview and answer every question tossed at me but I am free to lie and deceive with my answers. ya know?

The Baker family lived in Caldwell County before moving to Hickory about six weeks ago.

According to Caldwell County school officials, Zahra attended Hudson Elementary School at the end of her 3rd grade year, in 2009.

She began 4th grade in August 2009 at Granite Falls Elementary School and stayed there until March 9, 2010. At that point, she was pulled from Granite Falls and placed back at Hudson Elementary School. Authorities believe Hudson Elementary is the last school that Zahra attended.

A source told NewsChannel 36 that the staff at Hudson did see signs of trouble in Zahra’s life and even visited her home.

"They utilized every resource within the school and any referral process that was available in the school for the well-being and welfare of Zahra," says Libby Brown, with Caldwell County schools.

Those staff members reported their concerns to the Department of Social Services, who then visited the Baker home.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Caldwell-school-officials-tried-to-help-Zahra-Baker-104985934.html

Australia maybe???

IIRC, passports were found in one of the vehicles. Did LE confiscate these under the search warrant or does AB still have it?

I was impressed with the sheriff's interview. He seems like he can see thru someone's BS.

So, if he is no longer cooperating with LE & the news media cannot find him at is home, where is he????

He's got buckley's and none of getting past airport security if he got here, he'd have to come in as a 'boat person'!

Australia maybe???

IIRC, passports were found in one of the vehicles. Did LE confiscate these under the search warrant or does AB still have it?

I was impressed with the sheriff's interview. He seems like he can see thru someone's BS.

So, if he is no longer cooperating with LE & the news media cannot find him at is home, where is he????

He might try but they'd get him for sure at the apt.

I will upload Prime News with the reporter shortly. I didn't hear the reported state "BOLO" ...

Australia maybe???

I wish he was sitting in a cell singing like a bird!!!

I think depending on which officer and department (Burke and Hickory) they talk to, they get different answers.

He is cooperating. Whether he is being truthful or sincere with what he is saying, is a different story.

I can cooperate and take an oral exam or interview and answer every question tossed at me but I am free to lie and deceive with my answers. ya know?

(RBBM) That would be obfuscating ~ not cooperating.

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.

On Wednesday, crews drained a small pond using fire tanker trucks. They were digging through a large wood pile the night before. The search team, which consists of two K9 crews and 45 people, say they will leave no stone unturned.

“Just to be able to say that she's not here, or if she is here, be able to locate her and give the family some type of closure,” said Detective Michael Ollis, of the Burke County Sheriff's Office.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

So maybe a woodchipper was not used????

I was just thinking of her life back home in Australia. I realize she went through some tough times there battling her illness, but she overcame great odds..IMHO IF this child's remains are ever found I feel she needs be laid to rest in Austrailia..I would love to see her returned home..JMHO

I was just thinking of her life back home in Australia. I realize she went through some tough times there battling her illness, but she overcame great odds..IMHO IF this child's remains are ever found I feel she needs be laid to rest in Austrailia..I would love to see her returned home..JMHO

her family is in Australia I have no doubt that is where she will go once she is found- and I have to believe she will be found.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

Notice the handler told Ch 9, NOT LE.

Taken from this article

Excuse me if this is up already; here's a link for the he isn't/he is story. Whatever the case, it sounds like LE is not well-coordinating its efforts.

Zahra Baker's father Adam co-operating, Hickory deputy police chief says

A SENIOR North Carolina policeman has sought to douse suggestions that the Australian father of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker has been uncoooperative with the investigation.

This week the lead policeman in the case, John McDevitt, told ABC America he did not believe what Adam Baker had told them and he was not sure that his concern for Zahra was genuine.

But Hickory Police Department deputy chief Major Clyde Deal said: “We have been in contact with him and each time he has been co-operative.”
---

and much more, at
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...olice-chief-says/story-e6frg6so-1225939031591

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504