Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
God Bless Her! How nice!

Didn't see this posted:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/Mother-of-missing-18-year-old-addresses-deaths-of-couple/31870606

Mother of missing 18-year-old addresses deaths of couple

Zebb Quinn’s mother, Denise Vlahakis, released a statement Wednesday, saying, “Like everyone else in the community, our family is horrified by what has happened.

"Our hearts go out to the families of the Codd couple.

"The fact that Jason Owens has been charged with their murders surprises us, yet it doesn’t. Jason was, and still is, a person of interest in the disappearance of my son, Zebb Quinn, on Jan 2, 2000.

“We feel Jason’s criminal record speaks for itself. We want to remind everyone that Jason’s arrest has nothing to do with Zebb’s case, and that as of now, there is no new information concerning Zebb that we are aware of. We are hopeful that if anyone has any information concerning Zebb’s whereabouts and/or disappearance, they will now come forward.

“All information will be treated confidentially. There is currently a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to Zebb’s location.

“We would like to ask the public to please not overshadow this couples heartbreaking investigation with statements, posts, and questions about Zebb. … We acknowledge and appreciate the abundant support we have always received from our friends and community and trust you will all give the Codd/Schoen families the same gift.

more at the link

The real scary thing here is a person or group of people . Seem to be working together with JO . His child hood home burning is just to convenient. Given that fire is also his preferred and admitted way of destroying remains /evidence .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which brings me to another thought I've been having. JO's preferred methods include hitting people with cars. I think it's possible he hit Zebb with his car, accounting for the minor damage in the "Zebb accidentally hit me" story. Then when he realized that he couldn't use that story to explain his broken rib, etc., he made up the second car crash. I have a feeling that LE knows a lot more than they can tell, but they just don't have enough hard evidence to put this person/these people away in Zebb's case.

I have been watching this for a very long time. Just my theory:
The boyfriend W hires/talks (his distant cousin?) JO into following Zebb from work (they don't appear to even be with each other at the convenience store). W says he wants to teach JO a lesson. Rough him up a bit and possibly steal the car money. When they near a remote area, JO uses his cellphone to call W and tell him where they are. W (who knows Aunt I is away from home) pages Zebb from Aunt I's house. JO lies about the cellphone not working, so Zebb leaves to make the phone call because he thinks it's M with an emergency (you could put 111111 on your page number, which would indicate an emergency). When Zebb calls, W answers instead and tells Zebb he's going to hurt M bad. Zebb, being a nice guy, goes back to tell JO not to wait on him. Meanwhile, W has had time to get there, possibly wearing a mask and pretending to be a random robber who wants to steal the money. A fight ensues, and when Zebb manages to hurt JO, JO loses his temper, jumps into Zebb's car and rams him. JO and W are now in this together. JO convinces W that nobody will believe he's not involved - W's the only one with motive. Zebb's body goes home with JO, where he disposes of it the same way as his most recent victims. Scared, W drives to M's house, where M, her mom, and Aunt I are together. They know something's wrong because he's upset, but he doesn't tell what's going on. He picks up M, and tells her the whole story. If the law finds out, they'll hang him for sure. She goes with him back to get Zebb's car. They manage to hide it for two weeks. At this point, M is feeling really really bad about all of this, but W has convinced her that she, too, is an accessory to a murder at this point, and is in big trouble. As long as nobody talks, everything is going to be fine. JO's not going to talk - he's the one that did the crime! Aunt I is not stupid; when she hears the news about Zebb, she puts two and two together, but has nothing really to tell, so her story changes a bit about the page to protect M and the relationship with M's mother. Meanwhile, M is still feeling bad, so she leaves the car where it will be found. Nobody's going to miss it for sure. They put some random "clues" in there to throw off the scent. M thinks hey, at least his mom gets his car back.

They're all guilty in some way, so they can't talk. Where are the holes in this version of the story?

Which brings me to another thought I've been having. JO's preferred methods include hitting people with cars. I think it's possible he hit Zebb with his car, accounting for the minor damage in the "Zebb accidentally hit me" story. Then when he realized that he couldn't use that story to explain his broken rib, etc., he made up the second car crash. I have a feeling that LE knows a lot more than they can tell, but they just don't have enough hard evidence to put this person/these people away in Zebb's case.

The boyfriend W hires/talks (his distant cousin?) JO into following Zebb from work (they don't appear to even be with each other at the convenience store). W says he wants to teach JO a lesson. Rough him up a bit and possibly steal the car money. When they near a remote area, JO uses his cellphone to call W and tell him where they are. W (who knows Aunt I is away from home) pages Zebb from Aunt I's house. JO lies about the cellphone not working, so Zebb leaves to make the phone call because he thinks it's M with an emergency (you could put 111111 on your page number, which would indicate an emergency). When Zebb calls, W answers instead and tells Zebb he's going to hurt M bad. Zebb, being a nice guy, goes back to tell JO not to wait on him. Meanwhile, W has had time to get there, possibly wearing a mask and pretending to be a random robber who wants to steal the money. A fight ensues, and when Zebb manages to hurt JO, JO loses his temper, jumps into Zebb's car and rams him. JO and W are now in this together. JO convinces W that nobody will believe he's not involved - W's the only one with motive. Zebb's body goes home with JO, where he disposes of it the same way as his most recent victims. Scared, W drives to M's house, where M, her mom, and Aunt I are together. They know something's wrong because he's upset, but he doesn't tell what's going on. He picks up M, and tells her the whole story. If the law finds out, they'll hang him for sure. She goes with him back to get Zebb's car. They manage to hide it for two weeks. At this point, M is feeling really really bad about all of this, but W has convinced her that she, too, is an accessory to a murder at this point, and is in big trouble. As long as nobody talks, everything is going to be fine. JO's not going to talk - he's the one that did the crime! Aunt I is not stupid; when she hears the news about Zebb, she puts two and two together, but has nothing really to tell, so her story changes a bit about the page to protect M and the relationship with M's mother. Meanwhile, M is still feeling bad, so she leaves the car where it will be found. Nobody's going to miss it for sure. They put some random "clues" in there to throw off the scent. M thinks hey, at least his mom gets his car back.

They're all guilty in some way, so they can't talk. Where are the holes in this version of the story?

This sounds like exactly what happened . Your account gave me chills . If by any chance you know anything please go to law enforcement . I know Zebb's aunt was actually working for a real estate company in Black Mountain at one point . You've literally just solved this case . In fact I am going to share your time line with LE. This is an amazing summary .

This sounds like exactly what happened . Your account gave me chills . If by any chance you know anything please go to law enforcement . I know Zebb's aunt was actually working for a real estate company in Black Mountain at one point . You've literally just solved this case . In fact I am going to share your time line with LE. This is an amazing summary .

No, I do not have any inside information. Share if you feel like it would help, by all means, but it is simply all the things I've read, put into an order that made sense to me. I just lay awake thinking about these cases sometimes. My local mysteries especially haunt me because I can visualize where they took place. I'm pretty empathetic to the point of it paining me when others are in mental pain, so I can visualize what I think someone might be thinking, especially when they're in anguish. Sorry, I'm rambling. But, I have no more knowledge than what I've found on the web for 15 years. One more thing to add. JO gets locked away, W panics (or maybe M - are they still or have they been married? I can't quite find that fact) and burns down the house where evidence of Zebb might be found. No body, no crime. I truly apologize to any family who may be reading. I felt bad about posting anything this graphic, but I did have a feeling that the timeline I had in my head might help in some way to solve this horrible crime.

The boyfriend W hires/talks (his distant cousin?) JO into following Zebb from work (they don't appear to even be with each other at the convenience store). W says he wants to teach JO a lesson.
Dang it! Of course, I meant, "W says he wants to teach Zebb a lesson."

Ready for this? I looked at the wife's photo album you mentioned, and the lookalike dog's name is "Mistie."
[edit] I just rewatched "Disappeared," and the dog they show is a black lab, not a golden like the one on the FB page. I haven't dug around for actual photos of the original dog, so there may be no real correlation there. I did want to edit my post right away, since they may not be lookalikes. However, I still find the new dog's name interesting. If I were in the Owens' shoes, I wouldn't name a dog Mistie, whether I was guilty or innocent.

can't believe this. wow...honestly just speechless.

Ready for this? I looked at the wife's photo album you mentioned, and the lookalike dog's name is "Mistie."
[edit] I just rewatched "Disappeared," and the dog they show is a black lab, not a golden like the one on the FB page. I haven't dug around for actual photos of the original dog, so there may be no real correlation there. I did want to edit my post right away, since they may not be lookalikes. However, I still find the new dog's name interesting. If I were in the Owens' shoes, I wouldn't name a dog Mistie, whether I was guilty or innocent.

original dog found in zebb's car was adopted by an investigator [according to the "disappeared" episode].

The real scary thing here is a person or group of people . Seem to be working together with JO . His child hood home burning is just to convenient. Given that fire is also his preferred and admitted way of destroying remains /evidence .

Wild45. I've read most of your posts and you seem to know a lot about the case and be pretty level headed so I wanted to run some questions by you. First... Did you hear that there were remains found in JOs childhood home because I keep hearing that around town (I live in Asheville) but I can't find a news article that says that. Second... If remains were found how much of Z could be left after 15 years and a fire, if it was him? And lastly, something that has been bothering me, why would JO, if he killed Z, have been so carful when he was 19 but so careless when he's 35? Maybe chalk that up to crappy police work then compared to now? And why would he be able to keep Zs death a secret for 15 years but immediately tell his wife that he killed JT? Any thoughts?

She was adopted by an investigator. Her name is Katie and the investigator said that she's a daily reminder that Zs killer is still out there. :-/

JO POSSIBLE COMMON THEMES
Vehicular homicide? Destroying by fire?
Kinda makes you go hmmm.

Wild45. I've read most of your posts and you seem to know a lot about the case and be pretty level headed so I wanted to run some questions by you. First... Did you hear that there were remains found in JOs childhood home because I keep hearing that around town (I live in Asheville) but I can't find a news article that says that. Second... If remains were found how much of Z could be left after 15 years and a fire, if it was him? And lastly, something that has been bothering me, why would JO, if he killed Z, have been so carful when he was 19 but so careless when he's 35? Maybe chalk that up to crappy police work then compared to now? And why would he be able to keep Zs death a secret for 15 years but immediately tell his wife that he killed JT? Any thoughts?

JO got lucky back in 2000. However probably considers himself a criminal master mind . It's a common trait with guys like him . In the age of pagers and cell phones . He was ...well able to get away with a murder . With the whole pager ,phone call from the aunts bit . Fast forward 15yrs the small town cops are way better equipped to deal with a murder investigation . One of the tells in this current Triple homicide case is . JO used the victims phone to text friends of the victims . Impersonating phone calls. Sound familiar ? He did the same thing in the Zebb case calling walmart impersonating Zebb. I think he keep some kind of black mail material in that tailer . Someone wants him to take the fall alone . So they destroyed evidence of involvement . Just my 2 cents......

JO got lucky back in 2000. However probably considers himself a criminal master mind . It's a common trait with guys like him . In the age of pagers and cell phones . He was ...well able to get away with a murder . With the whole pager ,phone call from the aunts bit . Fast forward 15yrs the small town cops are way better equipped to deal with a murder investigation . One of the tells in this current Triple homicide case is . JO used the victims phone to text friends of the victims . Impersonating phone calls. Sound familiar ? He did the same thing in the Zebb case calling walmart impersonating Zebb. I think he keep some kind of black mail material in that tailer . Someone wants him to take the fall alone . So they destroyed evidence of involvement . Just my 2 cents......

I totally agree with you, he managed to get away with it years ago and thought he could do it again and not get caught.

I think he keep some kind of black mail material in that tailer . Someone wants him to take the fall alone . So they destroyed evidence of involvement . Just my 2 cents......

There you go, Wild! That sounds very plausible.

Did they ever decode the hotel keycard to see if there was any information on it? Or did they just schlep a picture of it around to all the motels they could think of?

Just give some hacker kid the card for 5 minutes. I never saw anything saying they swiped it in a card reader.

Maybe it's a moot point now.

A team of cadaver dogs and students from a criminal justice class at Western Carolina University were combing the property of murder suspect Robert Jason Owens Monday evening after new search warrants in the case were filed, the authorities said.

Investigators conducted a "grid search" on the 1.4-acre Owens Cove Road property they had searched at least two times before for "anything that could be of evidentiary value," Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan said to members of the media on the scene as darkness fell.

Duncan could not confirm if the human remains being sought were believed to be those of the Codds or of Zebb Quinn. Owens was a prime suspect in the disappearance of the Asheville teenager 15 years ago, but was never charged in that case.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ains-at-robert-jason-owens-property/70691738/

Owens has always been the most suspicious person in this case. The phonecall he made to Zebb's workplace was arguably designed (imo) to buy himself more time to decide what to do next. I still don't believe he acted completely alone, however, and the other parties know more than they're letting on.

LEICESTER, N.C. -- At 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, two Asheville Police vans, including one marked forensics, were parked on murder suspect Robert Jason Owens' property in Leicester.

On Monday, Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan referenced the nature of dual investigations at the scene.

"It's very complex as you've reported. Mr. Owens was a person of interest in the Quinn disappearance from 2000, and those kinds of things do make the case you know, does make the case, much more complicated," Van Duncan said.

Investigators seemed focused on a valley area in front of the trailer on Owens' property that burned in a suspicious fire 11 days ago. Owens was already in jail for the Codds' killings at the time.

More at the link

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...-vans-at-murder-suspects-property-20345.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back