Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, i had missed the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did it take 17 years for this arrest to be made? They should have arrested him the next day when he showed up with injuries clearly not consistent with a car crash.

Maybe there just wasn't enough evidence to build a circumstantial case against Owens until recently without actually finding Zebb to determine what happened to him?
I would have thought after arresting and charging him for the other murders that they thought there was a very strong possibility that he had something to do with what happened to Zebb though? I just hope Owen's will now reveal what he did with Zebb, and Zebb's family will be able to lay him to rest properly.

(quote)
The Asheville Police Department held a press conference on Tuesday about these charges but they were very tight-lipped and didn't say anything about what new evidence, if any, led to these charges.

The defense will get to see all of the evidence the state has against Owens during the discovery phase of the trial.
"Those of us who represented him in the previous matter certainly requested information in this case, and [Owens] provided information," said Jayne. "We thought if they had enough evidence, he would've been charged back then, so we are shocked and disappointed. But we have not seen discovery yet so until we see file, don't know what prompted charges."
http://wlos.com/news/local/robert-jason-owens-makes-first-appearance-in-zebb-quinn-murder-case

District Attorney will not seek death penalty for Owens in Zebb Quinn murder trial
Police are playing this extremely major and high-profile case very close to the vest, saying over and over in Tuesdays's press conference that the investigation is ongoing and facts will be revealed in court.

This is a case that's haunted a family and a community for some 17 years, ever since an 18-year-old named Zebb Quinn was reported missing on January 2, 2000.

Quinn was last seen with Robert Jason Owens, his accused killer, who was named a person of interest in 2007.
http://wlos.com/news/local/live-apd-detectives-and-indictment-of-robert-owens-in-zebb-quinn-murder

There are still some things I wonder about though:

Who called Zebb from his aunt’s house that night?
Who was the woman seen driving Zebb’s car?

Owens was the obvious suspect, and I've little doubt he murdered Zebb, but it does feel like there's more to this case.

There was two weeks between Zebb's last sighting and the discovery of the car, right? It's possible Owens was using it during that time, although it's a risk. However, Owens doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. I haven't ruled out a female accomplice. I don't think Owens conspired with anyone to kill Zebb, but there's definitely a woman involved on some level. That would explain the hotel keycard, the lipstick and the puppy.

What always makes me terribly sad is when there is an obvious suspect, the police do not arrest, and someone else gets killed later. :( If the suspect were in custody, someone would not have lost their lives. I know that this would only be a perfect world, and I know LE didn't think they had enough to arrest, but... Still gets me every time. Josh Powell is a good example of this. Now, years later, we hear that there was blood in the home?!! He was out - free. His beautiful boys paid the price because police didn't build a strong enough case against him to arrest him.

Owens was the obvious suspect, and I've little doubt he murdered Zebb, but it does feel like there's more to this case.

There was two weeks between Zebb's last sighting and the discovery of the car, right? It's possible Owens was using it during that time, although it's a risk. However, Owens doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. I haven't ruled out a female accomplice. I don't think Owens conspired with anyone to kill Zebb, but there's definitely a woman involved on some level. That would explain the hotel keycard, the lipstick and the puppy.

I still think its very possible that the car was left (with key inside) after Owens murdered Zebb, after which it was stolen, used for a while, then abandoned (alongside a few red herrings).

I still think its very possible that the car was left (with key inside) after Owens murdered Zebb, after which it was stolen, used for a while, then abandoned (alongside a few red herrings).

It just happened to be dumped near Zebb's mum's workplace, though?

Yep.

I haven't spent much time in Asheville but from what I've seen it seems as if the 'city' part of it is pretty small.

Even if the area was bigger that wouldn't be reason for me to assume it's not a coincidence though. What "message" would it be sending the mother to place the car there? No matter where it's discovered it would send the same message. What if the murderer didn't even know that that's where Zebb's mom worked? There just isn't enough there for me to make that leap.

I'm not sure what I think honestly, Little Pigs is behind Mission Hospital (where mom and sis worked) on McDowell...McDowell is a 4 mile straight shot from the Walmart on Hendersonville Rd. Depending on time of day a 15-20 minute drive.
The question I need answered is where was the car located that Owens was going to show ZQ? Because I think that part of the story is true...and I don't think anything was premeditated.
So the fact that Owens mentions being on Long Shoals Rd when ZQ got the page and then hit his car leads me to believe they were headed to 26, the Interstate you would take to drive to Leicester. Cause most people would probably just stay on Hendersonville Rd to go into Asheville. Long Shoals connects 26 to Hendersonville Rd. It is now home to a large shopping/living/dining hub called Biltmore Park (or faux city as I call it) but in 2000, there wasn't a lot of reasons to travel Long Shoals.
Leicester is where Owens lived. Also, where the Codd's were killed and found.
So if ZQ's life ended in Asheville then I'm not thinking too much about where his car was found. Like I said 4 mile straight shot from Walmart and sandwiched between a large high school and the largest hospital in WNC, so at times it's a high traffic area. If ZQ's life ended in Leicester, then I do think a little more is involved with the placement. That is a 15-16 mile drive and would take 30 minutes. Then my second question I need answered is, did mom or sis take McDowell Street to get to work, because most people would not take McDowell to get to Mission.
So I'm not sure what to think?

I perplexed on what the motive was for Owens murdering Zebb.

Who murdered 15 year old Mark Strandberg on November 9, 1976?

Robbery? Didn't Zebb have money to buy a vehicle with him?
Yes and Zebb was also isolated so he could've done it because of that or just a random killing. He never gave a motive for the Codd murders either. What if it was a similar reason?

~Who is the Belle Chasse John Doe?~

Yes and Zebb was also isolated so he could've done it because of that or just a random killing. He never gave a motive for the Codd murders either. What if it was a similar reason?

The Codd's where also most likely killed for some sort of personal gain like money or jewelry. He's an opportunist and probably a sociopath

The Codd's where also most likely killed for some sort of personal gain like money or jewelry. He's an opportunist and probably a sociopath
I kinda wonder if he actually killed anyone else other than the Codd family and Zebb. If he is that derranged, there would be no doubt that he couldve killed others.

Is it right that Owens' trailer burned down whilst he was detained? That would suggest he had an accomplice, no? Unless the fire was accidental or completely unrelated to his criminal activity.

Is it right that Owens' trailer burned down whilst he was detained? That would suggest he had an accomplice, no? Unless the fire was accidental or completely unrelated to his criminal activity.
Maybe his girlfriend was the acomplice who burnt down the trailer.

Then my second question I need answered is, did mom or sis take McDowell Street to get to work, because most people would not take McDowell to get to Mission.
So I'm not sure what to think?

I worked at Mission and I always took McDowell there and back. You avoided the train tracks and the mess of Sweeten Creek Rd.

So where we stand...we don't know for sure if LE found anything in their search of the area that Owens told them about, right? They never said that they found anything or didn't find anything? Zebb is still missing? :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back