ND- 1 parent and 3 children found dead in Grand Forks, ND home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MomGN2BMD

Reaction score
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/four-found-dead-in-grand-forks-north-dakota-home

"GRAND FORKS, N.D. --**A parent and three students were found dead in a Grand Forks, North Dakota home Thursday, a school official said in a statement*released to CBS affiliate KVLY.
Administrators at Lewis and Clark Elementary School asked for a welfare check at the home on the city's south side this morning. The responding officer saw what appeared to be a body inside the home and went in."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Update

https://www.grandforksherald.com/ne...d-had-recently-moved-grand-forks-neighborhood

Four people, three of them children, were found dead by police Thursday in a home just blocks from Lewis and Clark Elementary School.

Details of the deaths were sparse in the early hours of the investigation. Yellow crime scene tape cordoned off the single-family home on the 1000 block of South 12th Street, closing down the stretch of roadway before it where a large group of law enforcement agents gathered.

Grand Forks Police Lt. Derik Zimmel said there’s nothing conclusive right now for police to warn the public of any ongoing threat, describing the department as being in a “gray area” of their investigation. He didn’t say whether police believe foul play was involved at the home.
<modsnip>

Grand Forks, smh. Home of the Dru Sjodin murder, Kristal Feist and the Flying J, way back to James Leroy Iverson strangling two women in the 60s.

This one sounds maybe like murders/suicide though?

Grand Forks, smh. Home of the Dru Sjodin murder, Kristal Feist and the Flying J, way back to James Leroy Iverson strangling two women in the 60s.

This one sounds maybe like murders/suicide though?

And I thought at first blush it sounded like CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning...

regardless, terribly sad...

And I thought at first blush it sounded like CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning...

regardless, terribly sad...
Yes, it's a bad scene when good news would be a simple CO poisoning! I was thinking anything other than quadruple homicide would be, well, better than the worst. Sad, whatever the case. They are in my prayers.
A woman and three children had recently moved into a Grand Forks home where an adult and three kids were found dead on Thursday.

Neighbor Paula Stevens says the family moved into the neighborhood about two months ago and was renting a house that had been recently renovated.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...atest-district-parent-3-students-died-in-home

I wonder why the school asked for a welfare check. Had they been out for several days?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wonder why the school asked for a welfare check. Had they been out for several days?

I am assuming that is probably the case, a local independent news source has reported a family friend confirmed it was a mother and her 3 children (age range 6-11ish) that died. So if three kids didn't show up for school for a day or two and no contact could be made with parent it would make sense for school to request a welfare check from the resource officer affiliated with the school.

http://inewz.tv/

8 days ago, the mother, opened a to help pay for medical treatments related to reported mental illnesses of her children. Today they are all found dead of gunshot wounds. Did mom crack? Yikes. This is devastating.
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...rround-4-deaths-in-Grand-Forks-481689261.html

I saw that too. Comments under the press release posted on LE’s sm page seems to say differently though. However, the go fund me seems to point to a mother who was struggling with a lot. Such a sad situation.

It appears she has an older son as well that was living somewhere else because of behaviour issues.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Seems to be a lot of issues here. Sad that this had to happen!!

Her SM posts indicate that she was a little in her own world, if that makes sense. &#129335;*&#9792;&#65039;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family's deaths a grim discovery for 'quiet' street - Grand Forks Herald

Zimmel also didn&#8217;t answer when asked if police believe Volk had killed her children and herself, saying the agency needed further investigation before assigning action or motive to anyone in the home. But he did tell reporters to consider what authorities have said -- they found a gun in the house and aren&#8217;t looking for any suspects right now.

As he spoke, the dark clouds and drizzling rain of night closed over a neighborhood that stunned neighbors had earlier described as &#8220;quiet.&#8221;

8 days ago, the mother, opened a to help pay for medical treatments related to reported mental illnesses of her children. Today they are all found dead of gunshot wounds. Did mom crack? Yikes. This is devastating.
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...rround-4-deaths-in-Grand-Forks-481689261.html

This truly broke my heart! I wish I had know this mother, so I could have helped her in any way that I could. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder where her husband was. Were they separated or divorced? Had he been trying to get in touch with them?

I wonder where her husband was. Were they separated or divorced? Had he been trying to get in touch with them?

His social media says separated. The daily beast article lists his last name the same as the children’s, but it’s not. His last name is the same as hers and from what I could tell, her children are from a prior relationship before him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back