ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakwoman, what's your local news saying. Is this creep talking??

I want to thank you for all you've done since the beginning to keep us informed on what is going on. I wish it had a different outcome but perhaps you helped keep the pressure on this perp and additionally, I know you did this family a great honor by caring so deeply and making sure we knew about Dru from the very start.

Mindys: "I know you did this family a great honor by caring so deeply and making sure we knew about Dru from the very start."

I second that! Thank you, Yakwoman.

I'm just sick to my stomach over this. The article Yakwoman posted above says LE is requesting volunteers for a ground search Wednesday. Her family is still holding out hope, but that doesn't sound good. These monsters should just be locked away for life - I'd gladly pay the taxes for that.

I just can't praise LE enough. Last I heard they had no suspects, just a couple of "persons of interest". They played this really close to the vest, and it paid off. I wonder if someone tipped them to Rodriguez or what...

Thanks to all of you for keeping us updated on the latest on this case. I have been following this story in the news I didn't know WBS had a thread on it. Thanks to everyone for their input I'm afraid there is not a good outcome so SAD:twocents: :twocents: :sick: :sick:

Yakowoman, I have read the stories and saw the interview with the Dad early on..still doesn't make sense. I am not saying bf and parents are involved at all just w/all the crimes of kidnappings and violence you would think the bf would have called police after the call AND the father would give more info to the public (investigation or not).

They got the guy anyway now. To me noone took this seriously enough. Personally, the investigators are usually the ones that screw up missing persons being found by telling the parents/loved ones to hush up in lieu of the investigation. It is the PUBLIC (IMHO) that can help the most find a missing person but they need info...circumstances ..details to do this.

Our legal system SUCKS when it comes to sexual predators. WHy oh why do we NEED a sexual data base that lists levels of risk? THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP UNLESS THERE IS ZERO RISK!!!!!!!

This is an insult to all justice this monster was released...sexual predators should be in prison for life. There is no way any "therapy" can control someone's perverted lust.

Originally posted by Bailey1
I am not saying bf and parents are involved at all just w/all the crimes of kidnappings and violence you would think the bf would have called police after the call AND the father would give more info to the public (investigation or not).

More than likely, we don't know the whole story. I'm sure the boyfriend and family haven't given more details because the authorities asked them not to. If it were my daughter, I would be doing everything the police asked me to and nothing they asked me not to. Maybe the boyfriend alerted the roommate early on, but they didn't want to jump the gun about the phone call. They probably wanted to be SURE before calling the police.

The Megan's law is useless to me. In our state of NJ..WHERE MEGAN KANKAS WAS KILLED it gives ZERO helpful info. It is stale, out dated, lists no addresses or streets, places of work...NOTHIN. Only lists numbers of predators by "county"??????? You could have 50 sexual sadists living next to you with a history of everything and not know it. Beyond all reason.

Then they have evil freaks like this guy and admit "STRONG RISK WILL STRIKE AGAIN"...and let him walk into a community with no supervision????????????/

There is absolutely no hope for our society with idiots running our legal systems/parole boards if this continues.

Parole should not even be an option. No database should be needed...ONE STRIKE YOU ARE OUT!

iF YOU SO MUCH AS GET CAUGHT "attempting" kidnapping..your gone. Think of all the children who could be safe right now if all the low lifes viewing child *advertiser censored* were behind bars?

Victoria Secrets Fashion Show... he probably thought he was kidnapping an angel. sad. sickos.

the Mall is a perfect place for sexual predators to find prey. I'm all for women's self defense classes.
and strict rehab for predators.

Originally posted by Bailey1
Yakowoman, I have read the stories and saw the interview with the Dad early on..still doesn't make sense. I am not saying bf and parents are involved at all just w/all the crimes of kidnappings and violence you would think the bf would have called police after the call AND the father would give more info to the public (investigation or not).

Speaking as someone who lives in the community where this occured, I can tell you that law enforcement gave 110% to this case and worked very closely with Dru's family. The family has nothing but praise for the authorities in their handling of the case. And please remember that we do not yet know the full story. But if they have not found Dru yet, I do not believe the poor angel is alive. More than likely, she was killed that first night.

As for Dru's boyfriend, he WAS concerned immediately and tried to contact her via her roommate, who was also concerned. In reality, law enforcement moved very quickly in taking this case seriously.

I think it appears as though the local LE has indeed handled this case with the high priority and utmost respect it deserved. Job well done, LE!!!! Obviously, there are a lot of details none of us know yet, but LE has undoubtedly been working this case 24/7, and I applaud them!!! (I'm new and don't know how to "do" the smilies and faces - but if I did - you can bet I'd be including some on this post!!!!!)

I decided years ago (I'm 51 now), that they would just have to kill me in the parking lot, I would not go with anyone if I could avoid it, weapon or not. If I were in my car and they were in it, I'd hit the next tree I could find....
Bad idea?

I was discussing this same thing with my mother. If someone pulled a weapon on me or tried to force me into a vehicle, I would take my chances and run. They would have to kill me right there in front of God and everybody. I figure once you have gotten into a vehicle, you are probably doomed.

Of course, that is me talking now. When you are approached with such a situation, you don't know what you would do.

I'm still holding out hope this lady will be found safe somewhere.

I just want to put my 2cents in...........it will be alot longer and I mostly agree with what everyone is saying but perhaps it will make me feel better.

I am just incredibly p*ssed off that this even happened to Dru. What a beautiful girl she is.
This should not have even been let out. If he was still behind bars Dru would have been able to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family and all the money that was put into the search and that will be put into the search could have gone to another cause. But in our sick sick world for some reason we find it ok to let this *advertiser censored* out. I am almost speechless (b/c I have so much to say) This is just uncalled for as it is in all the cases where someone gets out of prison and repeats the crime. What good has this man done since he's been out? What has he contributed to society to make it better? Why do they let people like this out. I'm going to stop ranting, I do believe things need to change, maybe I'll run for president..................

I pray that Dru is found alive and that she will be ok and she and her family can move forward from this.

I pray this sick *advertiser censored* talks...........tells everything and then dies of a very painful heart attack!

What the law says: Level III Sex Offenders

Published December 2, 2003 THREBX

A Level III sex offender is determined to be at the highest risk of all predatory offenders for reoffending. They are required to register when they move,

and authorities distribute information about such offenders throughout the communities or neighborhoods where they live. That includes holding public meetings about the notification process, the registration of offenders and information about the Level III offender.

Information about the specific offender is also released -- including a general area of residence, a description of the offender and a description of the offender's past behavior. This disclosure does not apply to an offender in a licensed residential facility where staff members are trained to manage sexual offenders, nor does it apply to offenders in secure hospitals operated by the Department of Human Services.

Source: Minnesota Department of Corrections.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by turbosleuthing
I just want to put my 2cents in...........it will be alot longer and I mostly agree with what everyone is saying but perhaps it will make me feel better.

I am just incredibly p*ssed off that this even happened to Dru. What a beautiful girl she is.
This should not have even been let out. If he was still behind bars Dru would have been able to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family and all the money that was put into the search and that will be put into the search could have gone to another cause. But in our sick sick world for some reason we find it ok to let this *advertiser censored* out. I am almost speechless (b/c I have so much to say) This is just uncalled for as it is in all the cases where someone gets out of prison and repeats the crime. What good has this man done since he's been out? What has he contributed to society to make it better? Why do they let people like this out. I'm going to stop ranting, I do believe things need to change, maybe I'll run for president..................

I pray that Dru is found alive and that she will be ok and she and her family can move forward from this.

I pray this sick *advertiser censored* talks...........tells everything and then dies of a very painful heart attack!

Well, sorry I screwed that up (above, when "trying" to quote turbosleuthing ...)

I wanted to add, "AMEN"

Good post, Turbosleuthing. That's exactly how I feel, and what I'd like to say! It really makes me livid that a life is wasted, gone, and missed forever because a sick criminal got his satisfaction AGAIN from an innocent lovely human being.

Originally posted by thomasf1925

I agree with you completely ..I am so upset that this happened to her and there has to be a change in our laws to keep those predators in jail where they belong. How many more are out there waiting their chance to strike an innocent person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery