ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mindys, I'm not coming down on the father just expressing my opinion "in general" on missing person's cases in terms of getting info out. In the first 24hrs is when I saw the interview..before anyone knew of this perp...he mentioned he knew of someone harrassing and that is all what he said.

I just wish we could learn something through all these cases to get the word out to the public, that's all, parents, police EVERYONE. Isn't that what the Amber alert is about? John Walsh show isn't John Walsh..it's INFORMATION.

I hope she gets found at this point, that's all.

I don't think this man got out on parole, BTW. It looks like he served his whole term, and that is why he was not under surveillance. Which is stupid, because if they are high risk of re-offense, they SHOULD be under surveillance.

Since they are asking people to search their property, that sounds like they don't hold much hope of her being alive. LE could not release the perp's name until they had him in custody, or he'd fly. If there is strong evidence pointing to her no longer being alive, and they need to make sure this piece of garbage gets off the street, it becomes more important to make sure they have him signed, sealed and delivered in court, than to tell everything they know in order to find the body, and possibly ruining their case.

Sorry for the pessimistic view, but it's most likely the reality.

***********Soap box alert on************
This guy tried to kill somone by stabbing them during a previous attack. Had this gotten the same penalty as if he had actually killed them, he'd have been sentenced for life, and this wouldn't have happened.
**********Soap Box Alert off*************

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Originally posted by Bailey1
Tamjo said..."If it were my daughter, I would be doing everything the police asked me to and nothing they asked me not to...."

As God forbid a mother or parent of a MISSING child..her missing is more important than the actual Perp in terms of priority. Getting info out to the PUBLIC is crucial to having someone come forward on her where abouts! THIS to me is crucial and IMHO is still being minimized in the name of the "investigation"!

This young girl is still missing....regardless if the perp is behind bars. So not saying squat because the police told me too doesn't do much for her right now does it? So I stand by when this FIRST happened getting everything out..circumstances and all to the public to FIND HER...worry about the investigation on the perp later.

I think we can all attest to the first 24hrs. as being most crucial to a MISSING person's case??? The father IMHO didn't say squat in the interview.... who cares about the investigation if someone who is unfamiliar with the circumsatances hears/sees the interview and something sparks their memory and/or BECAUSE of that interview sees/hears something...to me telling all I know to the public is more important.

Bailey - I am only speaking for myself here, I guess. I would keep my faith in law enforcement to know what they are doing in the investigation. I would not be able to live with myself if I chose to do what law enforcement asked me not to and my child paid the price. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be screaming on the inside. Trust me.

Of course, that's only me. The Police are trained professionals. Who would I be to jeopardize their investigation? Oh, that's right...the victims parent. Again, I restate that I wouldn't want any harm to come to my child due to not being able to control myself. If I were on the brink of screaming what I knew from the police into the cameras, I would hope someone would hold me down.

Originally posted by starpatch
What the law says: Level III Sex Offenders

Published December 2, 2003 THREBX

A Level III sex offender is determined to be at the highest risk of all predatory offenders for reoffending. They are required to register when they move,

and authorities distribute information about such offenders throughout the communities or neighborhoods where they live. That includes holding public meetings about the notification process, the registration of offenders and information about the Level III offender.

Information about the specific offender is also released -- including a general area of residence, a description of the offender and a description of the offender's past behavior. This disclosure does not apply to an offender in a licensed residential facility where staff members are trained to manage sexual offenders, nor does it apply to offenders in secure hospitals operated by the Department of Human Services.

Source: Minnesota Department of Corrections.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same thing here in California Starpatch. We have a map available online where you can type in an address and they have colored circles that show within three block's where these people live. I love it.

xxxxxxxooo
mama

Originally posted by Bailey1

I think we can all attest to the first 24hrs. as being most crucial to a MISSING person's case??? The father IMHO didn't say squat in the interview....

I don't quite understand. What exactly is it that you think he didn't say that he should have said? Please enlighten me.

Originally posted by Yakwoman
I don't quite understand. What exactly is it that you think he didn't say that he should have said? Please enlighten me.

I think LE and the families have done a very good job.

LE has held much close to the vest.

They had help from all over, and, I am quite certain, that the FBI and Minn. and NoDak. LE , had told the family the parameters of what to say and not to say.

I am praying that they find that beautiful girl soon, alive and well. That is my prayer.

Originally posted by starpatch
I think LE and the families have done a very good job.

LE has held much close to the vest.

They had help from all over, and, I am quite certain, that the FBI and Minn. and NoDak. LE , had told the family the parameters of what to say and not to say.

Exactly. Since the abduction, it has been the lead story on the local news and on the front page of the newspaper every single day. It even had national attention. It was clearly kept very much in the public eye.

Sjodin's car was found in the Columbia Mall's parking lot. There was no blood and no obvious signs of a struggle in the car, which had at least one open door.

Looks like we can rule out the "substance found" as blood.

Just popped in to say I'm praying they find this gal alive.
If we all say prayer.....that will help a lot.......

xxxxxxxxooo
mama

Seems as though someone who really cares about this gal put up the website in the hope that it may help someone to identify her.
I was trying to access the site this AM, but then it occured to me, that I can do no help at all being across the country.
The server is being overloaded by voyeurs wanting to know more details on this horrible case. Not that they don't care, but they aren't useful.
I'll do my little bit and stay off the site until they find her. I hope it's soon and she's alive. I hadn't realized it's been almost 8 days...pretty grim outlook, but it's worth a prayer.

Originally posted by prism
Seems as though someone who really cares about this gal put up the website in the hope that it may help someone to identify her.
I was trying to access the site this AM, but then it occured to me, that I can do no help at all being across the country.
The server is being overloaded by voyeurs wanting to know more details on this horrible case. Not that they don't care, but they aren't useful.
I'll do my little bit and stay off the site until they find her. I hope it's soon and she's alive. I hadn't realized it's been almost 8 days...pretty grim outlook, but it's worth a prayer.

Hi, Welcome! The people who put up the website were the family.

Ok guys quit bickering over LE,

Right now it sounds like more "Sleuthing" should be focused on where Dru might be and hopefully narrow down areas.

The Liquid or Fluid was found in her car in the seat? Possibly she had some sort of beverage and when Rodriguez abducted her she was attempting to get into the car and spilled whatever it was?

Where was his car found? What is the proximity to where he lived and the mall? Where did the past sexual assaults take place? How close did he live to these places? What was the weather like the day she was abducted? Where did he work? What time?

One of her family members made a great statement " Were not counting the days she's been missing but a countdown until we find her"

I'm sorry I haven't been here sooner! Wondering if I should fly up and help search!

Johnny,
Sure sounds like they could use you!
Does anyone know where the mall is in relationship to where he lived?
Anyway we can find more information on the MO of his past crimes?
Anyone have more information? Anyone...?

Anyone know what his Mother has to say about all this? Didn;t he live with his Mom?

Cass...

All articles I have read so far state that the phone at his mother's house has not been answered when it has been called.

Hi Johnny, one of the good sleuther's here suggested the fluid might be urine, I thought that was a good possibility as quick elimination like that can come from being extremely, extremely scared, atleast from the female perspective, you see that with young children especially but it wouldn't surprise me at all here.

But then again, a drink spilling is a good simple thought and often the simplest explanation is the best and most often right one. Something unexpected happened from the perp's side because her door was left open, perhaps she tried to throw the drink on him. I keep trying to figure the timing and how he got her away in broad daylight. It only had to take literally two seconds, he must have been watching her from his car her whole way out of the mall, and pulled up driver's side to driver's side. How brazen, we know the guy in custody used weapon's in the past, what a coward, she is taller than him but he had her way outweighed. I too think there is a good chance she is still alive. He must have made some real nice friends in prison (Gag) all those years, what a prize she would have been, to kill her right away doesn't seem to fit this guy's MO.

Originally posted by Storm
Johnny,
Sure sounds like they could use you!
Does anyone know where the mall is in relationship to where he lived?
Anyway we can find more information on the MO of his past crimes?
Anyone have more information? Anyone...?

45 minutes away was the reported distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper