ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sure messed with the wrong woman in 1980....

She fought him off, and then drew a sketch that was good enough to get him picked up.

On NOW CA.....MSMBC........9:00. When the suspect was at arraignment a woman in the audience yelled out in Spanish,,,,,,,“Tito.......please, for your mother's sake please tell them where the body is”

xxxxoo
mama

Oh goodness, the makes my stomach hurt. Why isn't he telling where she is? Maybe she's still alive and someone else is holding her?

One other question. Does the river freeze over within 7 days? I thought someone said the river wasn't frozen when she went missing, but now they are drilling ice to look for her?

Originally posted by tamjo614
One other question. Does the river freeze over within 7 days? I thought someone said the river wasn't frozen when she went missing, but now they are drilling ice to look for her?

The river is not completely frozen, as it has not been that cold here. There was some open water on the river at the time of Dru's abduction, but much of it is frozen over now (although the ice is not too thick at this point).

Yakwoman

Originally posted by Love_Mama
On NOW CA.....MSMBC........9:00. When the suspect was at arraignment a woman in the audience yelled out in Spanish,,,,,,,“Tito.......please, for your mother's sake please tell them where the body is”

xxxxoo
mama
Love Mama...I have been wondering why the perp has not told LE where Dru is.
Maybe he is just not talking after they read him his Miranda Rights....(too bad that he has any rights)
Maybe when he gets to Grand Forks he will be *pressured* to spill the beans.
Seems as though LE thinks she is still alive....oh, I sure hope so.

Originally posted by mindys
Ya know, I was reading this link and one yesterday from the same site, the irony is just amazing, the "personal ads" JUMP out at me, on the bottom left of the page, the messages and pictures these people post just make me want to scream, especially while reading about a tragedy such as what happened to Dru. Don't these people get it yet that they are playing with FIRE??!!! And why can't the web site leave that crap off there especially on an article about this type of thing!!

I'll get off my soap box now. LOL
I sure do agree with you on the personal ads...jeeeeeeeeeeeez they seem so very tacky.
:nono: :nono: :nono:
I wonder what these people are thinking...

:dontknow:

Ok sleuthers here's my theory on the scene at her car:

She is walking to her car talking on her cell to her boyfriend. She's got the phone in one hand, purse over the shoulder and bags (from shopping) in the other. She gets to her car and puts the phone to her shoulder (you know still talking but holding it hands free) to unlock her passenger side door to put her gifts in that side. (I often put things in the passenger side first when I have a lot of packages.) At this point she would not be watching for anyone around her...she would be preoccupied. She probably felt some safety in talking with her boyfriend on the phone and then the safety of her small community. So as she is putting her bags in the car he comes up from behind and threatens her with a knife (past MO). So some things are in the car and she drops some things outside the car from shock. I think from what she said, "no, no, no, OK, OK, OK" that she initially was saying no as in please don't do this. Then when he pulled a knife she said OK as in ok I'll go please just don't hurt me. I think she complied with him because of the weapon. This would make it a very quiet abduction that made it easy to go completely unnoticed in a busy parking lot. He made her end the call at that point. This could have happened two ways he took the phone or he thought she dropped it. But maybe she didn't drop it. Maybe when she put her hands down she put the phone in a pocket of her coat. If she put the phone in her pocket then she could have tried later to call on it by putting her hands in her pockets and just pushing redial. This would be why it called back her boyfriend and not 911. The static could have been the sound of the phone being in a coat pocket and the sound of buttons being pushed her just pushing anything she could to try and get help. Could be why the phone was on too for them to get a signal off it.

Now as far as the cell phone there is another option. Many of us have the earpieces for our cell phone so that you can be hands free when using it. This would have made shopping a lot easier for her to do and it could have put a beverage in her hand that would have ended up being spilled in her car as she was attacked from behind.

Chances are he probably had parked right next to her too. So he could put her right in his car and whisk her away.

Either way there would really be no signs of a struggle and it would be quick and quiet...unfortunately.

This is my scenerio. It may or may not be accurate. It's just what I picture when I hear the circumstances.

My heart just breaks for Dru for having to go through this horrific ordeal...I'm still praying...

Kira

Kira, great sleuthing, I like your theory. I'm going to pull the picture up of Dru's car in a sec, I think there is a package (plastic bag) showing in the passenger rear side.

His other victims said he originally asked them for directions. He probably did the same to her.

Originally posted by tamjo614
Oh goodness, the makes my stomach hurt. Why isn't he telling where she is? Maybe she's still alive and someone else is holding her?

This actually gives me hope she is alive (as of Monday) and he is waiting till he thinks she has passed.

I think she was really caught off guard. Seems like her boyfriend would have known that someone was asking for directions since he was talking to her at the time...

JMO

I had a discussion about this case at lunch today with a friend and we came up some interesting questions/ideas about why LE is being so tight-lipped about the investigation.

First of all, we KNOW that the kidnapping took place in North Dakota. If she is found not to be alive, then there will be a question as to where the murder took place - North Dakota or Minnesota. Neither state has the death penalty.

But, if this pig crossed a state line and then killed this sweet girl, would that then make it a FEDERAL case? If so, would the death penalty then apply?

Anyone with legal expertise want to address this??

Originally posted by Yakwoman
That would be Central Standard Time.

Where do you think she is? I hope we learn something at the press conference today. It has been many days with no news of Dru.

Dru is on my mind all the time. The TV is doing a good job, giving us anything they learn.

Apparently the perp is not talking. Do you suppose he has an accomplice? Do you suppose she is locked in a nearby motel?
How come the perp had time to put up Xmas lights last Monday? Where was Dru when he did that?

Has the LE checked his car for evidence? I have a million questions.

Originally posted by starpatch
Where do you think she is? I hope we learn something at the press conference today. It has been many days with no news of Dru.

My own personal opinion is that Dru was killed the night she disappeared. I truly hope this is not the case and she is still alive, but I doubt it. I do not think this had an accomplice.

He did not fight extradition to North Dakota, so I'm taking that as a good sign. I hope he will start cooperating with authorities now so her family can find some peace and closure. However, if there is an issue of this becoming a federal case and the death penalty might apply, I wonder if he's holding back information in order to make a deal for his life. However, I doubt he's that smart. (Just my opinion).

I still want to speculate what type of bodily fluid LE was talking about. My first question is
1) was it bodily fluid or just fluid?
2) These are the only bodily fluids I can think of are.........blood, saliva, urine, and semen?

Anyones I missed and lets do some speculating of what it may be? Also if it was her bodily fluid then that would mean she was in the car at one point with the abductor

Was she in her car and he approached her or the car.........she kinda freaked out and locked her door but either forgot about the passenger side being opened or didn't have enough time to lock it........

*****My own personal opinion is that Dru was killed the night she disappeared. I truly hope this is not the case and she is still alive, but I doubt it. I do not think this had an accomplice.***

Yak woman....I have thought that she may have been done away with when the saw all of the publicity. So in order not to be found out, he did her in.
I certainly hope that is the case.
I have heard that the Feds will do the prosecuting, he broke Federal Law. I have also heard that he won't get a *deal* from the Feds. And, best of all it will be a death sentence.
I sure hope there is a bit of good news coming out of the Press Conf.
Has his car been checked out yet? Is there evidence that Dru was in his car?

Originally posted by starpatch
*****My own personal opinion is that Dru was killed the night she disappeared. I truly hope this is not the case and she is still alive, but I doubt it. I do not think this had an accomplice.***

Yak woman....I have thought that she may have been done away with when the saw all of the publicity. So in order not to be found out, he did her in.
I certainly hope that is the case.
I have heard that the Feds will do the prosecuting, he broke Federal Law. I have also heard that he won't get a *deal* from the Feds. And, best of all it will be a death sentence.
I sure hope there is a bit of good news coming out of the Press Conf.
Has his car been checked out yet? Is there evidence that Dru was in his car?
Big OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps..****.I certainly hope that is the case*** I meant to put a NOT in that sentence.
My BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member