ND ND - Jonett Wanner, 50, West Fargo, 11 Jul 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NamUs:

May 4, 2024

FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - West Fargo Police continue to follow tips and any other information in their search for missing West Fargo resident, Jonett Wanner.

According to a Facebook post, as of Thursday, May 2, there were no new updates in the investigation.

Such a strange case. I'm also interested as to whether the car was actually seen by an officer. If her car hasn't been seen since the day she went missing you have to assume the worst and that it's in a body of water somewhere.

July 10, 2024 article

[…]

In early June, the dive team searched Big Watab Lake, Big Fish Lake and a private pond in Stearns County, as well as Big Cormorant Lake in Becker County and Leaf Lake in Otter Tail County, where Wanner once had a lake home, Aberle said.

All searches came up empty.

[…]

JUL 11, 2024
[...]

Last fall, the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office in St. Cloud said a deputy had "randomly run" a plate belonging to Wanner on Aug. 12, but they weren’t aware at the time that Wanner was missing.

The vehicle wasn’t stopped and the deputy who ran the plate didn’t recall what type of vehicle had the plates, the office said.

[...]

Wanner left her cellphone behind when she left home. Police at first couldn’t unlock the phone but were eventually able to get into it, said Joenell Bachman, Wanner's identical twin sister. Nothing was found in the phone to provide any clues.

[...]

I am really confused about this plate reading done by a Stearn county police officer. If we have any law enforcement reading this thread, can you help clarify why this would be done? Obviously, if an officer had pulled the car over, then I can understand the plate being run. But I’m not following this information that we are being given. Is something being held back as to why this plate was “randomly” run?

I am really confused about this plate reading done by a Stearn county police officer. If we have any law enforcement reading this thread, can you help clarify why this would be done? Obviously, if an officer had pulled the car over, then I can understand the plate being run. But I’m not following this information that we are being given. Is something being held back as to why this plate was “randomly” run?
Sometimes a plate will be run if an officer comes across a vehicle that is in an unusual location such as being parked on the side of the road with no one around, etc. They will run the plate to see if there are any “wants” on it. If there are no flags, they will usually leave it unless it is obstructing traffic, etc. Sometimes they will swing by in a couple of days to see if it has been moved and if not, they may try to contact the owner and/or tow it. I don’t know for sure if this is what happened here, but one of the reasons I think this might be the case is because Stearns County indicated the vehicle “wasn't stopped”. This doesn’t mean it was not parked, but that it wasn’t pulled over by the officer who made the check. For safety, LEO’S will call in that they are stopping a vehicle and give a description of the vehicle, the number of occupants, and the reason, I.e. driving erratically, expired tag, etc. They then request dispatch to run the plate.

I am surprised that there was no flag on this vehicle to indicate it belonged to a missing person.
This is a very curious case. Leaving the cellphone behind often indicates a voluntary disappearance. One interesting bit is that she took her dog and the dog bed with her when she left. People are extremely attached to their pets. I think if she was contemplating self harm she would not have brought the dog and dog bed with her.
The plate was run weeks after she disappeared. It apparently moved after the Stearns County officer saw it, so who moved it? Had JW been wandering around in some type of disassociated state? Or was she the victim of foul play and someone else had been operating her vehicle? The other possibility is that someone found it abandoned, and helped themselves to it without encountering the victim.
Lots of questions on this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back