Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is most likely unrelated because of the distance, but the FBI is investigating a female body found in UT on Aug 23 under suspicious circumstances and the Bureau of Indian Affairs is involved. I can't stop wondering if this could be Savanna, even though it's over 1000 miles and about 17 hours drive from Fargo.

http://fox13now.com/2017/08/25/fbi-...r-body-found-on-road-outside-small-utah-town/

Distance between cities: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Far...012705e8d2ed0!2m2!1d-109.9307062!2d40.4680114

Thread for the woman found in Whiterocks, UT: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Homicide-of-Woman-near-Whiterocks-23-Aug-2017
This crossed my mind too. Why is the FBI involved so soon? Is it because it was on a reservation? Or something else?

This crossed my mind too. Why is the FBI involved so soon? Is it because it was on a reservation? Or something else?

Usually FBI would be involved if someone was abducted and taken across state lines. IDK if this is on a reservation.

There's another missing Native American woman from MT: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-HeavyRunner-20-Browning-5-June-2017/page4

But Ashley has been gone since June so I don't think she would be described as a body and she is also missing from about 12 hours away. I might post this on her thread too, just in case.

Just wondering out loud... if the baby has an elongated head (conehead) or other red marks that would be indicative of a vaginal birth. Natural birth vs, C sectioned babies usually have a very different appearance. Ive had one each way, and you could tell.

This is a horrifying case. I've barely slept the last two nights after hearing about it. I can only imagine how devastating this is for the family. I hope that sweet little Hainsley has no lasting injuries from her birth and first few days of life.

I can't think of any way this was a vaginal birth. I worked on L&D for years and it just isn't possible in my experiences. Unless her cervix was open some, breaking her water like someone mentioned above just wouldn't be possible. Same with sweeping the membranes. The chances of her being dilated so early with a first baby are low.

Even if they somehow had drugs to induce labor they failure rate of inductions for first time Mothers that early on, with an unfavorable cervix are quite high.

Plus breaking her water or sweeping the membranes in hope of the water breaking without the baby's head engaged really increases the risk of an umbilical cord prolapse. That is why some doctors are reluctant to just break a woman's water when labor isn't progressing.

Nobody ever accused these two of being smart though, so maybe none of this crossed their minds.

So they can't/won't take care of their children they already have. Sooo they steal a unborn baby and do God knows what to Savanna.
Sick. Sick sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that poor girl (well all of those children, really). Can you imagine seeing this insane story on national news and reading it to see that your mom was involved? Even if you hadn't seen her in 22 years, as in this girl's case, it has to be such a shock.

My guess on why they chose to go this route instead of having their own child is that possibly BC has had her tubes tied? She does have 7 children after all and her youngest is 12, I believe, so it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to have that done.

Wow. I was hoping to read that SLG had been found safe when I logged back in this morning. God bless little Hainsley and all of the family. Who does things like this? How in the world did these two dippos think they would get away with this? My heart breaks for SLG. I haven't completely given up hope that she's alive somewhere but I must admit that outcome has a very slim chance. These two need to speak the truth so that the family may have some closure. Prayers to all searchers, family, friends, and law enforcement.

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9 using Tapatalk

Savanna has been gone for a week now. I hope she is found today.

If they did dismember (God I hate typing that word) her in the bathtub, I think there still might be plumbing problems down the road?? Unless they were flushing Drano too? I don't know. I'm still hoping and praying she's alive though the odds are against it. I always think of Scott Peterson cleaning with bleach, etc. Poor Lacey and Conner.

Me too Boots. Every single time I read about bleach clean up in a case my mind jumps to the pile of bleach soaked cleaning rags that Scott left in the laundry closet. I knew right then that Laci's case would not have a happy ending.

I'm trying to figure out how these two dim light bulbs pulled off a birth that resulted in a healthy baby. Even with the help of the internet, it's a race against the clock to deliver if mom has passed...and I fear that is the case here. They only had a few minutes to deliver and they certainly weren't well equipped. The fact that the baby is alive is wonderful but I'm having a problem understanding exactly how they got so lucky. Could they really have pulled this off in the apartment just a few floors from SLGs family? LE searched the apartment once SLG was reported missing so there couldn't have been obvious signs of a bloody crime scene. Birth is messy under the best of circumstances so it would have been obvious had one taken place. This case is heartbreaking.

[h=1]Suspects Tied to Missing Fargo Woman’s Case Stop Cooperating with Authorities[/h]
FARGO, ND — Fargo Police say it took a lot of manpower to get this far in the Greywind investigation, but the suspects connected to the case have stopped talking.

While volunteers continue to search on their own for any sign of Savanna Greywind, Fargo police continues to work their investigation into her disappearance.

“Thirty-five detectives, four sergeants, two lieutenants, deputy chief, patrol officer, canines, three aircraft, watercraft,” Fargo Police Chief David Todd said during a press conference Friday.

But as the list goes on, time ticks by without any sign of the missing 22-year-old.
Brooke Crews and William Hoehn remain in the Cass County Jail.
Police say the couple is done talking.
“When it comes to the topic of what happened to Savanna, neither Hoehn nor Crews will cooperate with our investigation,” Chief Todd said. “Both Hoehn and Crews invoke their right to counsel and refuse to answer any more questions.”
http://www.kvrr.com/2017/08/25/suspects-tied-missing-fargo-womans-case-stop-cooperating-authorities/

Just wondering out loud... if the baby has an elongated head (conehead) or other red marks that would be indicative of a vaginal birth. Natural birth vs, C sectioned babies usually have a very different appearance. Ive had one each way, and you could tell.
I've been wondering the same thing. I had both my girls by C-section and their little heads were perfectly round because they did not have to be squeezed through natural birth

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Usually FBI would be involved if someone was abducted and taken across state lines. IDK if this is on a reservation.

There's another missing Native American woman from MT: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-HeavyRunner-20-Browning-5-June-2017/page4

But Ashley has been gone since June so I don't think she would be described as a body and she is also missing from about 12 hours away. I might post this on her thread too, just in case.

Thank you for linking cases Gardener! You always go above and beyond!

I've been wondering the same thing. I had both my girls by C-section and their little heads were perfectly round because they did not have to be squeezed through natural birth

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Babies who are pushed out rather quickly don't heve cone heads. My four came fast and all had perfect heads. Visited a niece yesterday with a two day old. I commented on how pretty her head was and she replied that she came quickly.

Also from Gardener's link:

“We did use canines in an attempt to track Savanna,” Chief Todd said. “The cadaver dogs were used yesterday.”

There is a specially trained search team that has been looking for Greywind between Broadway and North University Drive.

They have also searched 25th Avenue North to Riviera Heights.

“However, there may have been areas such as garages, locked-in fenced-in areas or out buildings that they could not check,” Chief Todd said.

The police department is saying they need the public’s help moving forward in their investigation.

You really don't hear LE ask for the public's help much either! Am I remembering correctly (so much information in a short time) that the dogs did hit on one of the Vehicles of Interest?

http://www.kvrr.com/2017/08/25/suspects-tied-missing-fargo-womans-case-stop-cooperating-authorities/

Babies who are pushed out rather quickly don't heve cone heads. My four came fast and all had perfect heads. Visited a niece yesterday with a two day old. I commented on how pretty her head was and she replied that she came quickly.

Agreed, and this baby probably wasn't very big since she still had a month to go. They put on the most weight at the end. So in a vaginal birth maybe she would fit through easier. Then again the mom's build has a lot to do with it. My friend had two babies that weighed over 11 lbs each. No assistance required and their heads were perfectly shaped. She says she just has a big pelvis.

Me too Boots. Every single time I read about bleach clean up in a case my mind jumps to the pile of bleach soaked cleaning rags that Scott left in the laundry closet. I knew right then that Laci's case would not have a happy ending.

I'm trying to figure out how these two dim light bulbs pulled off a birth that resulted in a healthy baby. Even with the help of the internet, it's a race against the clock to deliver if mom has passed...and I fear that is the case here. They only had a few minutes to deliver and they certainly weren't well equipped. The fact that the baby is alive is wonderful but I'm having a problem understanding exactly how they got so lucky. Could they really have pulled this off in the apartment just a few floors from SLGs family? LE searched the apartment once SLG was reported missing so there couldn't have been obvious signs of a bloody crime scene. Birth is messy under the best of circumstances so it would have been obvious had one taken place. This case is heartbreaking.

Off topic: You've probably read that Scott is trying to get a new trial! Family says the original responding officers reported they did NOT smell bleach! Gotta call lunabiscuits to that!

Regarding Savanna and baby Hazley (Haisley ? I'm seeing it spelled many different ways), this had to be premeditated. And with babies there's always diapers and bottles and formula. Where was this woman hiding all the baby stuff?

A poster had a good suggestion yesterday regarding Savanna changing into the "dress" in the bathroom and perhaps that is where she was subdued. Maybe she was struck in the head and there was some blood from a head wound? It could be possible they took her somewhere else to take the baby, and like somebody else posted there is a secondary crime scene.

I know Savanna's mother mentioned that Savanna was uncomfortable and had some swelling which is to be expected, but could she have had some mild preeclampsia? Would that cause her to go into early labor in addition to the trauma of being attacked?

At 8 months Savanna was probably seeing her OB-GYN on a weekly basis. I'm so happy the baby is doing so well.

I don't know if the 2 perps are aware yet, but they just fast-forwarded themselves to the list of most hated people on the planet by taking Baby Hazley! Right up there with Scott Peterson and Drew Peterson!

Fargo Police Department

1 hr ·

****Message from the Chief****
Yesterday, detectives using information gathered through interviews and the search warrant; used a team of searchers to comb a grove of trees and a cornfield by Dilworth.

Detectives also went to several locations to gather video from private surveillance cameras in businesses that may tell us where suspects may have been during the critical hours surrounding Savanna Greywind's disappearance. They are methodically going through hours of video in an attempt to find answers.

We brought in specially trained K9 teams from Minneapolis yesterday to search specific areas we've targeted through information we've gathered. They will continue those searches today.
We also have a team of detectives responding to the many calls coming through our tipline to do immediate follow-up on all possible leads.

As I said in my press conference yesterday, we are asking the public to assist us by checking their properties, garages and outbuildings. Also to look in dumpsters. Please respect the rights of private property owners while you are doing this.

If you do find something, please call us immediately through our dispatch center. If you have information you wish to share with us, please call our tipline at 701 235-7335.
Chief David Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members