Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timeline of Saturday before LE involved:
• On Saturday, Aug 19th....Savanna (SLG) texted with her boyfriend and mom around 1:30 pm. http://www.dglobe.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
• BC knocked on their door and offered SLG $20 to help BC with fitting a dress. http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery (later on, mom indicated that BC had tried to get SLG to help the week before, too. http://people.com/crime/savanna-greywind-missing-murder-mom-reacts/
• Mother concerned due to previous interactions with BC (SLG talked on FB about problems with her clothes being taken from the community washer/dryer, and seeing an upstairs neighbor wearing them—not sure if it was BC). http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery
• SLG Ordered pizza before leaving apartment.
• SLG Left keys and wallet. Car in parking lot. Phone may be with her.
• SLG Went to 3rd floor apartment to help with modeling/fitting a dress.http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery
• SLG Was supposed to give younger brother ride to work before 3 pm. Brother goes upstairs around 2:30, knocks on door, no answer, hears sound he thinks is sewing machine. http://www.dglobe.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
• Father goes upstairs about 15 min. later, knocks on door, BC comes to door and tells father that they aren't finished yet and SLG can't come. http://www.dglobe.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
• Mother drives younger brother to work, returns about 3:10 and does some laundry, thinking Savanna is in her room .http://www.dglobe.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
• Around 4:00, after discovering SLG is not home, mother goes upstairs, knocks on door, is told that SLG has left. She reported SLG missing at about 4:30. http://www.dglobe.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
•
Timeline, From the interview with LE (law enforcement)--Lt. Jason Nelson.
• First consensual search occurred after 4:37. Saw sewing project on floor. WH and BC were at the apartment.
• Second consensual search occurred 10:30, with detective and supervisor. They talked to BC and WH again, and visually searched the house. BC explained that SLG left shortly after her father came up (that was about 2:45). LE was there because SLG ‘s mom had called LE again to express concern about SLG ‘s safety. LE spoke to SLG ‘s parents, explained that SLG was an adult, adults can leave on their own.
• Third consensual search Sunday, about 6:30 pm. Detective talked to SLG's parents and went up to talk to BC and search the apartment.. WH was NOT there for this search. Detective made search of larger apartment building area, crawl spaces, etc. Talked with neighbors.
• WH arrested late Tues/early Wed morning, for outstanding warrant for violating no-contact order for BC. That no contact order had been lifted earlier in the month, Aug 10. Owed about $350. Detectives interviewed him. He provided an alibi for Sat. and Sun.
• Official Crime Scene, Wednesday. Late Wed. morning, after doing follow-up interviews on WH's alibi, in talking with some co-workers, WH had made some comments to co-workers that led LE to establish that a crime may have been committed. WH said something to a co-worker indicating a baby might be at the apartment.
• Wed. morning, they put both BC and WH under surveillance.
• Wed. Judge-approved search warrant, based on statements made by co-worker.
• Thurs, Executed search warrant 2 pm. BC was home, WH was at work. Recovered baby. LE was shocked but pleasantly surprised. Baby was in good condition, went to hospital for wellness check. As they entered apartment, read BC her rights, then baby was found and they took BC to police station while they continued searching apartment. Wanted to interview her later, after they had more evidence, to then check against what BC said during interrogation. They did ask her about Savanna, and BC denied anything.
• Interviewer asked, Why didn't they execute a search warrant earlier? Answer: LE had no information that a crime had occurred. Needed a criminal nexus. Didn't get that until late Wed. morning. The search warrant was signed Wed., and then they did constant surveillance to determine where SLG and/or baby were, to get them alive. Wanted to see if BC or WH were going to an off site location. Fear was if they acted too soon, and SLG or baby were off site, they'd never find them. 3 layers of surveillance.
• The Jeep was BC/WH’s only vehicle. Cadaver dogs did NOT hit on this vehicle. (Note: they did not mention WH’s work vehicle??)
• LE has No idea where baby was born.
• LE has No idea how old baby is.
• Sunday night, SLG‘s body found. People searching farmstead alerted LE to the area, and unrelated people recreating in kayaks saw her body. LE has determined Farmstead is not related at all to SLG‘s case.
• LE said repeatedly that they did not have criminal nexus until Wed. the situation with the upstairs neighbors and SLG‘s disappearance was suspicious to them from the beginning, but they didn’t have a criminal nexus to start with search warrants. They have a very strong case, and they are continuing to work and collect evidence to fill in gaps.

Interviews:
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...finding-Savanna-Greywinds-body-442297803.html
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...e-Savannas-body-was-discovered-442298143.html

Based on what I have read/listened to, I have a couple of questions/thoughts.

If BC had asked Savanna the week before for help, and then asked again, I can see how Savanna might feel obligated to help. BC, being a horrid monster, would have observed Savanna's character, and figured that she could get her to come, if she applied pressure and guilt. BC would have played on Savanna's kindness.

Have LE searched WH's work vehicle? If it was an open-bed truck, or a closed-bed truck, it would have been much easier to transport Savanna in it. They need to find that truck!

The timeline for what happened is pretty tight. 1:30-4:30 to get Savanna, get the baby, move Savanna and the baby, and clean up a very messy scene before passing a visual inspection by LE. I am convinced it all happened in the apartment unless they merely subdued Savanna enough to get her to walk out with them on her own. I do not think they could have carried her out of there without raising suspicion. But then the 2nd floor neighbors were gone by that time (they left shortly after 2, after hearing the shower running..).

Have drug tests been conducted on BC and WH? What have they been using? WH's behavior at the hearing was what I would expect from an addict (it's all about me, it isn't fair).

Were drug tests done on the baby? What if they subdued Savanna by injecting drugs?

WH was home during the 4:30-ish and 10:30 visual searches of the house. WHERE was the baby? WHERE was Savanna?

But if the text came from the perps, why would they say Savanna was on her way to their apt. and implicate themselves? Why not text and say she was feeling overwhelmed and decided to leave for a few days, or she was going to visit the neighbors down the block. But by saying she was going to the perps apt., the text had to have come from Savanna. JMO

I believe Savanna sent the text to her mom. Mom had witnessed BC knock on the door and ask Savanna to come upstairs, and said she had done so the week before, too. BC needed a reason for Savanna to come out, because they did not have a connection or relationship. They needed to get her to their apartment where they could subdue her.

This is Savanna's mom talking, so this is information she had. I believe she witnessed BC knock on their door and overheard the conversation or talked to BC herself:
Savanna's family lives in a basement apartment of the seven-unit, three-story building on 10th Street North. On Saturday, a woman living in a third-floor apartment knocked on their door and asked Savanna if she would act as a model so she could pin a dress she was sewing. She offered to pay her $20. Savanna agreed.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery

I wonder what the context was, to lure Savanna this time? was it the sewing project this time, too?
Greywind says her family has been living at the apartment building for a year and, looking back, she remembers that a week before her daughter went missing, Crews had allegedly tried to lure her to her third-floor apartment. “[Crews] had come down a week prior to this trying to get my daughter to come upstairs,” Greywind says. “I feel like I have a lot of guilt for not seeing this [coming] and not protecting my daughter. I didn’t think that she was in danger, I didn’t think anything like [this] could’ve happen.”
http://people.com/crime/savanna-greywind-missing-murder-mom-reacts/

Pure speculation: is it possible that they put Savanna in the fridge during the search until nightfall? Doe LE typically look in a fridge or closets during a consensual search?

I think the search was described as "visual only". I assume they are not allowed to touch anything, just walk through?

Based on what I have read/listened to, I have a couple of questions/thoughts.

If BC had asked Savanna the week before for help, and then asked again, I can see how Savanna might feel obligated to help. BC, being a horrid monster, would have observed Savanna's character, and figured that she could get her to come, if she applied pressure and guilt. BC would have played on Savanna's kindness.

Have LE searched WH's work vehicle? If it was an open-bed truck, or a closed-bed truck, it would have been much easier to transport Savanna in it. They need to find that truck!

The timeline for what happened is pretty tight. 1:30-4:30 to get Savanna, get the baby, move Savanna and the baby, and clean up a very messy scene before passing a visual inspection by LE. I am convinced it all happened in the apartment unless they merely subdued Savanna enough to get her to walk out with them on her own. I do not think they could have carried her out of there without raising suspicion. But then the 2nd floor neighbors were gone by that time (they left shortly after 2, after hearing the shower running..).

Have drug tests been conducted on BC and WH? What have they been using? WH's behavior at the hearing was what I would expect from an addict (it's all about me, it isn't fair).

Were drug tests done on the baby? What if they subdued Savanna by injecting drugs?

WH was home during the 4:30-ish and 10:30 visual searches of the house. WHERE was the baby? WHERE was Savanna?

Thanks for the excellent timeline and analysis!

-bbm- I think what someone mentioned earlier could be a possibility: that Savanna was hidden in a closet, possibly drugged and unconscious. Maybe they killed and moved her later that night.

Couple questions. Do we know for sure how the apartment building is laid out? Seven apartments over 3 floors is kind of odd. From the picture of the building, it seems that there may be two apartments on the first floor, three on the second floor (based on the out of place window) and two on the third floor. But I'm just guessing from looking at the window placement.

Or does the 3 floors not include the basement (is Savannah's apartment completely underground with no windows? Or is basement just used to refer to the ground floor?

The reason I wonder is this: has it been stated as fact anywhere that the woman who killed Savannah is the same person who stole her clothing? I think I've only seen the thief referred to as 'the woman upstairs. But, if they lived on the first floor, there would be at least 5 apartments that could be considered upstairs. If they had a basement apartment the length of the building and 6 apartments spread equally over the 3 visible floors, then there would be six apartments above her.

Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen confirmation that the thief and killer were one in the same. Does that matter? Well, maybe, if people were wondering why she would do a clothing thief a favor. Maybe the thief was someone else?

If they are the same woman, maybe she lured her upstairs by offering to return the clothing as well, and/or 'apologizing' for stealing the clothing by offering to make Savannah an outfit. Some have wondered why the killer would ask a pregnant woman to be a clothing model. Maybe that's why?

Was her pizza delivered? If so who paid for it? Or did Savanna have the pizza already and went with them before eating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple questions. Do we know for sure how the apartment building is laid out? Seven apartments over 3 floors is kind of odd. From the picture of the building, it seems that there may be two apartments on the first floor, three on the second floor (based on the out of place window) and two on the third floor. But I'm just guessing from looking at the window placement.

Or does the 3 floors not include the basement (is Savannah's apartment completely underground with no windows? Or is basement just used to refer to the ground floor?

The reason I wonder is this: has it been stated as fact anywhere that the woman who killed Savannah is the same person who stole her clothing? I think I've only seen the thief referred to as 'the woman upstairs. But, if they lived on the first floor, there would be at least 5 apartments that could be considered upstairs. If they had a basement apartment the length of the building and 6 apartments spread equally over the 3 visible floors, then there would be six apartments above her.

Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen confirmation that the thief and killer were one in the same. Does that matter? Well, maybe, if people were wondering why she would do a clothing thief a favor. Maybe the thief was someone else?

If they are the same woman, maybe she lured her upstairs by offering to return the clothing as well, and/or 'apologizing' for stealing the clothing by offering to make Savannah an outfit. Some have wondered why the killer would ask a pregnant woman to be a clothing model. Maybe that's why?

Agree, there has never been confirmation that BC and the clothes stealer were the same. We only have Savanna's mom stating that BC made her uncomfortable, and Savanna's statement about a woman upstairs wearing her clothes.

Your idea about luring Savanna by apologizing or offering to make up to Savanna is one I have also had! Another idea I had is BC "confiding" in Savanna that BC herself was also pregnant but not so far along, and wanted to make a dress for herself for when she was in her last couple months. Hence using Savanna as a model since she would be Savanna's size then...

Somewhere in the first thread, I made a post about the layout of the apartment. The first floor is called the "basement" floor. Looking at the apartment from the street, BC/Wh were on third floor on the right. The couple below them, who heard the sounds and thought that the other woman DK was BC, lived on the 2nd floor on the right. And Savanna's family lived in the bottom floor on the left. I can't find my post, so I'll look for the info again and update this post with the source when I find it.

I believe Savanna sent the text to her mom. Mom had witnessed BC knock on the door and ask Savanna to come upstairs, and said she had done so the week before, too. BC needed a reason for Savanna to come out, because they did not have a connection or relationship. They needed to get her to their apartment where they could subdue her.

This is Savanna's mom talking, so this is information she had. I believe she witnessed BC knock on their door and overheard the conversation or talked to BC herself: http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery
RSBM
If Savanna's mom witnessed BC knocking on the door and asking Savanna to help her why did Savanna send her mom the text at 1:24 saying she was going upstairs to model the dress?

A general question to all: Does anyone know what kind of work WH did? Did his job include a work vehicle or is that speculation? TIA!

RSBM
If Savanna's mom witnessed BC knocking on the door and asking Savanna to help her why did Savanna send her mom the text at 1:24 saying she was going upstairs to model the dress?

A general question to all: Does anyone know what kind of work WH did? Did his job include a work vehicle or is that speculation? TIA!

IIRC he worked for a roofing company. I've never read anything official about a work truck so I think it's speculation.

RSBM

Both WH & BC worked at Subway. Can't provide a link, but it was mentioned by a family member several times. HTH : )

Yes, roofing company. He became unemployed when he went to jail. v
http://www.inforum.com/news/4318607...stories-how-they-ended-missing-womans-newborn

Ah, thanks! I read that article earlier and the info just whizzed right over my head. I recall something about Subway too but I don't remember where.

Both he and Crews sought representation by court-appointed attorneys, citing their lack of income. Crews, who described Hoehn as her “fiance” and only source of income, said she has been too ill to find work for “a while” and has no family to help. Hoehn, who described Crews as his “significant other,” said he lost his roofing job after being jailed.

If he was a roofer then I guess he'd have been driving a work vehicle of some kind. I sure hope LE is also looking at any vacant houses where he had done work in the past. Or any jobs near the river that was in a remote location.

Both WH & BC worked at Subway. Can't provide a link, but it was mentioned by a family member several times. HTH : )

The boyfriend of a woman who lived at the apartment complex worked at Subway with BC? That's what I get from this.
“They believe now that the woman maybe had some mental illness,” said Greywind’s aunt, Tarita Silk. “She was in her 50’s and the boyfriend I believe was in his 30’s and the woman worked with the man, worked with one of the neighbors at Subway it might be here in town and was telling him that a week ago she was going to have a baby and he told his girlfriend that lives here ‘I thought that was odd cause she didn’t look pregnant’. And now this turns up so. Savanna had had maybe one conversation with the lady.”
http://www.kvrr.com/2017/08/24/41561/

But then this indicates she has been unemployed since 2014. So maybe she went into the Subway? http://www.inforum.com/news/4319140...recalls-bizarre-encounter-woman-accused-fargo

RSBM

My interpretation of Norberta's different interviews is that the request came earlier in the day, and Savanna texted her mom when she decided to go up. But that's just my interpretation.

It is possible they could've murdered her in the apartment. Her body was found wrapped in garbage bags from what I read earlier in the thread. If they moved her body, dogs wouldn't pick up on a cadaver scent because the body was wrapped in plastic. Is it likely? I'm not sure but it could be possible. The timeline is really tight. BC and WH would've had to commit the crime & clean up within a 3 hour window. What did they do with the baby when the police came at 4:30pm and 10:30pm Saturday? And again on Sunday? All of those visits were unannounced. I think the baby was born before Monday morning though- if WH told his co workers about it Monday morning ?

Just my opinion.

Welcome.

Ex-Friend describes WH (audio podcast)
Dustin Morseth, an ex-friend of William "Billy" Hoehn, says he was "sick to his stomach" after hearing the details of Savanna LaFontaine-Grewind's murder. Morseth explains that his friendship with Hoehn lasted over 20 years and that he "loved Billy like a brother." Morseth offers insight into the life of Hoehn and his limited interactions with Hoehn and his girlfriend and accomplice, Brooke Crews. Morseth makes it clear that his friendship with Hoehn has dissolved and that both Hoehn and Crews "deserve everything that's going to happen to them."
http://kfgo.com/podcasts/news-views...-speaks-out-to-have-him-do-thisim-speechless/

I thought this was an interesting article... appears to have pics of the inside area of the apartments...

http://hpr1.com/index.php/feature/news/savannas-16-steps/

Also from above /I hadn't seen photo this yet :( :

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ashton_Matheny_and_Savanna_Lafontaine-Greywind_picture_posted_on_August_25,_2017_-_Facebook1.jpg
    Ashton_Matheny_and_Savanna_Lafontaine-Greywind_picture_posted_on_August_25,_2017_-_Facebook1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 326
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member