Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Gardener:

I think her brother might have actually heard a sewing machine. In the interview with the Lt., I was surprised that he said when they searched the apartment, the "sewing project" was laying out. It's at about 40 seconds into the interview here: http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...442297803.html

This is almost more disturbing (IMO) than if the sewing machine noise was something else because it shows extreme premeditation to carry out this crime and maintain her elaborate story. Somehow BC managed to quickly kill Savanna and take her baby or (at least subdue her) and hide her and the baby both. And no one heard screams from Savanna fighting the attack or a baby crying that day. Just banging in a bathroom. Unbelievable. Then BC cleaned up and went ahead with the charade of working on a sewing project. She calmly showed her apartment and no trace of the crime was seen. What a psychopath.

O.K. So I totally fouled up this reply with quote (probably because I am drinking my wine "cocktail" before dinner. Having made that confession, I hope my peeps can understand my post!).

The LT. talks about the sewing project being "laid out", but I do hope that there was also a SEWING MACHINE, to go along with the "sewing project" referred to in the video by the LT, not just some pattern pieces and material, with pins through them. I guess I am being overly "vigilant" in wanting to know definitively that an actual sewing machine was on the premises, which I am sure there must have been, if LE investigated so many times.

Thanks for clearing up my doubts, Gardener, but I am totally baffled. Because these two are stupid idiots. Yet, I can't figure out how they carried out this heinous act!

As to the lack of screams, or baby's cries: Duct Tape. (Pure speculation on my part.)

I think her brother might have actually heard a sewing machine. In the interview with the Lt., I was surprised that he said when they searched the apartment, the "sewing project" was laying out. It's at about 40 seconds into the interview here: http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...finding-Savanna-Greywinds-body-442297803.html

This is almost more disturbing (IMO) than if the sewing machine noise was something else because it shows extreme premeditation to carry out this crime and maintain her elaborate story. Somehow BC managed to quickly kill Savanna and take her baby or (at least subdue her) and hide her and the baby both. And no one heard screams from Savanna fighting the attack or a baby crying that day. Just banging in a bathroom. Unbelievable. Then BC cleaned up and went ahead with the charade of working on a sewing project. She calmly showed her apartment and no trace of the crime was seen. What a psychopath. :scared:
If I saw that in a movie, I would call BS on it. Insane to think it might have actually happened in real life.

I highly doubt it. As I'm a young woman expecting my 1st child and stressed over expenses yet would never go into a neighbor whom i don't know.. doubt i can trust apt even for 20$ especially while pregnant.. though i would never expect 2 get murdered..still wouldnt seem like a sensible thing 2 do.. i rather sit my butt home and wait 4 my pizza... especially if she was stealing my clothes (again my opinion only)

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

With the benefit of hindsight, I think we all absolutely agree that it was not smart for Savanna to go to BC's apartment. But think about it for a minute, realistically. Here is a pregnant young woman, about to have a baby, who is most likely financially struggling, not unlike very many young growing families, and a neighbor just upstairs from her own apartment, literally maybe 100 steps away, offers her a few bucks of easy money for just a few minutes of her time, on a Saturday afternoon. All she had to do was walk the few steps up to the apartment and allow the female neighbor to use her as a dress model. Even if she didn't know the neighbor, she surely had seen her before, and I am sure her thoughts were more along the lines of "hey, it's $20, and we can use it" rather than "hey, I better not do this. I might get kidnapped in broad daylight, in the building I live in, by some nutcase who wants to cut my baby out of my body and leave me for dead". I mean seriously folks, I have been around 60 years and there isn't much I haven't seen, but this is the stuff of really badly made, straight-to-late-night-cable, Hollywood horror films. Poor Savanna was just trying to make a better life for herself and her unborn baby, and I think many, if not most of us, would have done the same thing she did, in the same circumstances. JMO

Thanks for this, MsMarple. Could the "sewing machine" have been an exhaust fan in the bathroom or kitchen (necessitated due to use of bleach or other volatile chemicals for clean-up purposes)? Also, didn't SG's dad also knock on the apartment door, GETTING a response, after the brother (but before SG's Mom had to drive the brother to work)?

Good thought alexwood, it could indeed have been a fan running. IMO that would make more sense since I can't come up with a plausible reason for them running a sewing machine while they were dealing with Savanna. If they were trying to show why they didn't answer the door and thus imply they were still home then they'd have to know someone knocking would hear the noise from outside the apartment. I don't see either as that bright and analytical, but who knows?

As for the dad knocking on the door I also remember that being reported early on. I found this link from August 25 which says her dad knocked on the door within the same timeframe as the brother knocking - it doesn't give an exact time though but it appears to be before Savanna's mom returns home.

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

And this from the Mialmi Herald on August 28 which just says Savanna's dad knocked on the door "later":

When Greywind didn’t come down, her mother, Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind, sent her 16-year-old son upstairs to check on his sister. No one answered the door when he knocked, but he told his mother he heard a sewing machine running in the apartment.

Later, Joe Greywind, her father, went upstairs to see if she was there. The woman who answered the door told him Savanna would be a bit longer, according to the Forum.

Hours later her mother went upstairs, and the neighbors told her Savanna had left.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article169738537.html

I think her brother might have actually heard a sewing machine. In the interview with the Lt., I was surprised that he said when they searched the apartment, the "sewing project" was laying out. It's at about 40 seconds into the interview here: http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...finding-Savanna-Greywinds-body-442297803.html

This is almost more disturbing (IMO) than if the sewing machine noise was something else because it shows extreme premeditation to carry out this crime and maintain her elaborate story. Somehow BC managed to quickly kill Savanna and take her baby or (at least subdue her) and hide her and the baby both. And no one heard screams from Savanna fighting the attack or a baby crying that day. Just banging in a bathroom. Unbelievable. Then BC cleaned up and went ahead with the charade of working on a sewing project. She calmly showed her apartment and no trace of the crime was seen. What a psychopath. :scared:

With the benefit of hindsight, I think we all absolutely agree that it was not smart for Savanna to go to BC's apartment. But think about it for a minute, realistically. Here is a pregnant young woman, about to have a baby, who is most likely financially struggling, not unlike very many young growing families, and a neighbor just upstairs from her own apartment, literally maybe 100 steps away, offers her a few bucks of easy money for just a few minutes of her time, on a Saturday afternoon. All she had to do was walk the few steps up to the apartment and allow the female neighbor to use her as a dress model. Even if she didn't know the neighbor, she surely had seen her before, and I am sure her thoughts were more along the lines of "hey, it's $20, and we can use it" rather than "hey, I better not do this. I might get kidnapped in broad daylight, in the building I live in, by some nutcase who wants to cut my baby out of my body and leave me for dead". I mean seriously folks, I have been around 60 years and there isn't much I haven't seen, but this is the stuff of really badly made, straight-to-late-night-cable, Hollywood horror films. Poor Savanna was just trying to make a better life for herself and her unborn baby, and I think many, if not most of us, would have done the same thing she did, in the same circumstances. JMO

Good thoughts, SteveP. And, from what we have learned about Savanna, with her heart of gold she would have done the same for anyone, even without payment.

When they found the baby, was the entire apartment building searched or only the suspect apartment? I seem to recall that residents had to stay out their apts for 24 hours but I'm not sure if we ever heard if the warrant covered searching all apartments. Does anyone know if all apts are occupied? How many units are there on the 3rd floor?

Thanks for this, MsMarple. Could the "sewing machine" have been an exhaust fan in the bathroom or kitchen (necessitated due to use of bleach or other volatile chemicals for clean-up purposes)? Also, didn't SG's dad also knock on the apartment door, GETTING a response, after the brother (but before SG's Mom had to drive the brother to work)?
I'm having a problem with the brother hearing the sewing machine while at the door talking to the woman. She couldn't possibly be using the sewing machine at the same time she is talking to him at the door. JMO

ETA: Never mind, I just reread an article stating that no one came to the door when the brother knocked on the door.

I'm having a problem with the brother hearing the sewing machine while at the door talking to the woman. She couldn't possibly be using the sewing machine at the same time she is talking to him at the door. JMO

The brother never actually spoke to BC. He knocked on the door around 2:40pm but no one answered. He said he heard what sounded like a sewing machine through the door.

Oh wow... so this means it was not in the Farm or in the Apartment.

So far I haven't seen anything in msm saying LE eliminated the apartment as a crime scene and the linked article only says the abandoned farm wasn't the crime scene so IMO it's still possible Savanna was killed in the apartment. LE had returned to the apartment with another search warrant after the BCI found something of "possible evidentiary value" according to the interview with Lt. Nelson, linked upthread.

Since Savanna's body had snagged on a log it may be difficult to estimate how far downstream it had traveled before the discovery but it may give LE some rough idea of where she had been put in - or at least I hope so. If that area can be found it may lead to more evidence.

Of course, the best thing that could happen would be one of the suspects telling LE what exactly happened. Let's hope one turns on the other.

Also, I just read this article, which says since the farm is not considered a crime scene it may be difficult for prosecutors to bring a death penalty case. Unfortunately that may also mean that neither Hoehn nor Crews will be quick to spill the beans.

Authorities say they may not have evidence to prosecute federally in the case of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind.
According to forensic evidence, the two suspects may have never set foot on this farmstead after Savanna's disappearance.
So far, forensics don't show any blood or bodily fluid at this site.
"It has changed to the fact, that by determining that that's not the crime scene that we initially thought it was - Things are pointing to other areas that have already been searched by law enforcement as far as where the crime actually occurred," said Clay County Sheriff's Detective Jason Hicks.

https://www.wday.com/news/north-dak...ing-evidence-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

So, according to the article there's no evidence suggesting the suspects crossed the state line into Minnesota. But the investigation is still ongoing so things could change.

Family is planning the funeral, need help with the cost
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...ning-funeral-able-to-see-baby--442370493.html

Farm no longer considered a crime scene:
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...longer-considered-crime-scene--442400333.html

http://www.wday.com/news/north-dako...ing-evidence-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
FARGO-MOORHEAD—Authorities say they may not have evidence to prosecute federally in the case of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind.
(suspects may have never stepped foot on the farm property).
Things are pointing to other areas that have already been searched by law enforcement as far as where the crime actually occurred," said Clay County Sheriff's Detective Jason Hicks.

it's too bad the bank they're using won't take online or even mailed donations ... for us out of country ppl
but I wonder if the family could set up a general postal box

Family is planning the funeral, need help with the cost
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...ning-funeral-able-to-see-baby--442370493.html

Farm no longer considered a crime scene:
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...longer-considered-crime-scene--442400333.html

http://www.wday.com/news/north-dako...ing-evidence-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case
FARGO-MOORHEAD—Authorities say they may not have evidence to prosecute federally in the case of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind.
(suspects may have never stepped foot on the farm property).
Things are pointing to other areas that have already been searched by law enforcement as far as where the crime actually occurred," said Clay County Sheriff's Detective Jason Hicks.

All in IMHO...
Savanna was tricked/lured into the apartment by Brooke. Shortly after entering Savanna is drugged by either a drink, injection or chloroform- she passes out and is moved to the bathroom. I think maybe the sounds heard in the shower were her body being placed in there. If Brooke worked alone it would make sense that the thumps were Savanna's limbs being clumsily tossed in. This is where Brooke removes the baby, draining the blood down the shower- this is possibly why the shower was running, births are very messy. Poor Savanna probably bled to death in the tub while Brooke cleaned the blood. This would explain why the baby was in the bathroom when her boyfriend came home. They may have wrapped her in garbage bags and they somehow got her out of the apartment and to the work truck. They could have used the work truck to transport her body to the farm. Then Brooke stayed with the baby at the farm while her boyfriend disposed of the body, getting blood on his shoes.
Again, this is JUST my thoughts on what could have "possibly" happened.
The only comforting thing about this theory is if she was drugged or somehow knocked unconscious prior to, then she hopefully didn't suffer or was aware of what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I just still don't see Savannah agreeing to go up to the apartment for that that's my opinion only from her Facebook post knowing the type of people that live in her apartment she's stated quite a few times the type of people that live there I don't think that she agreed to go up for $20 fitting I am wondering who was home and if she was forced out of the apartment I mean her mom obviously wasn't there that's why she text her not sure if the dad or the brother were there or in sight where they could see her walk out of the door I just don't buy her agreeing to it and that was simply all I was trying to make a valid point of why

Good thought alexwood, it could indeed have been a fan running. IMO that would make more sense since I can't come up with a plausible reason for them running a sewing machine while they were dealing with Savanna. If they were trying to show why they didn't answer the door and thus imply they were still home then they'd have to know someone knocking would hear the noise from outside the apartment. I don't see either as that bright and analytical, but who knows?

As for the dad knocking on the door I also remember that being reported early on. I found this link from August 25 which says her dad knocked on the door within the same timeframe as the brother knocking - it doesn't give an exact time though but it appears to be before Savanna's mom returns home.

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/news/4318025-timeline-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

And this from the Mialmi Herald on August 28 which just says Savanna's dad knocked on the door "later":

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article169738537.html
They could have been running a sewing machine to drain out the noise of Savannah screaming or a baby crying

So far I haven't seen anything in msm saying LE eliminated the apartment as a crime scene and the linked article only says the abandoned farm wasn't the crime scene so IMO it's still possible Savanna was killed in the apartment. LE had returned to the apartment with another search warrant after the BCI found something of "possible evidentiary value" according to the interview with Lt. Nelson, linked upthread.

Since Savanna's body had snagged on a log it may be difficult to estimate how far downstream it had traveled before the discovery but it may give LE some rough idea of where she had been put in - or at least I hope so. If that area can be found it may lead to more evidence.

Of course, the best thing that could happen would be one of the suspects telling LE what exactly happened. Let's hope one turns on the other.

Also, I just read this article, which says since the farm is not considered a crime scene it may be difficult for prosecutors to bring a death penalty case. Unfortunately that may also mean that neither Hoehn nor Crews will be quick to spill the beans.

https://www.wday.com/news/north-dak...ing-evidence-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

So, according to the article there's no evidence suggesting the suspects crossed the state line into Minnesota. But the investigation is still ongoing so things could change.

From your link:

''Things are pointing to other areas that have already been searched by law enforcement as far as where the crime actually occurred," said Clay County Sheriff's Detective Jason Hicks.

Other areas that have already been searched? What other areas, other than the apt.?

They could have been running a sewing machine to drain out the noise of Savannah screaming or a baby crying

Maybe... but I just can't shake my doubts. I even ran a few yards of material through my sewing machine (a Bernina) to test the noise level and IMO it wasn't loud enough to cover screams or a baby. Plus, it just seems to me (so again my own opinion only) that it's not "efficient" in terms of what might have been happening in the apartment at that time. I suspect Savanna fought hard for her and her baby's lives and trying to control a mother bear protecting herself and her baby could be a mighty task. Ugh, I hate even typing that. :(

Then again, I've followed cases here where what seemed impossible at one point did really happen so I guess anything could have occurred in that apartment.

Like you said earlier, it's also possible that Crews and/or Hoehn just saw an opportunity and grabbed her and the whole modeling for a dress story is bogus. In which case the text would also not have come from Savanna. Heck, the timeline could have even started much earlier if that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89