Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has stated they don't think anyone else is involved---yet the cadaver dogs did not hit on their vehicle. So how did they transport her? (Unless the dogs made a mistake)

Apparently items were found at the abandoned farmstead but they've determined that they're not related so someone else must have been there doing something else. Since the items aren't related, why not release what they were since initially it was such a big deal.

Amazing BC could do what she did to SG in that apt. , clean up, remove the body and the baby, and yet manage to answer the door when SG's brother, father, mother, and police had all come to the door and not look or act like a frazzled zombie. No one has mentioned she seemed nervous or her demeanor was odd.
I am not sure I believe everything said in that interview with the LEO. LE does not believe the farmhouse was a crime scene, but yet Savanna was found in very close proximity to it very shortly after searchers found things (st least one of which most of us have seen mention of) that raised their suspicions while searching it. Is it possible that LE is just implying that they do not believe Savanna was killed there, or saying they dont believe she was ever there? I, like some others, find it hard to believe BC escaped stronger suspicion immediately after Savanna's disappearance if she was murdered in that apartment. I still think there is a lot that LE either doesn't know, or isn't sharing
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LE has stated they don't think anyone else is involved---yet the cadaver dogs did not hit on their vehicle. So how did they transport her? (Unless the dogs made a mistake)

Apparently items were found at the abandoned farmstead but they've determined that they're not related so someone else must have been there doing something else. Since the items aren't related, why not release what they were since initially it was such a big deal.

Amazing BC could do what she did to SG in that apt. , clean up, remove the body and the baby, and yet manage to answer the door when SG's brother, father, mother, and police had all come to the door and not look or act like a frazzled zombie. No one has mentioned she seemed nervous or her demeanor was odd.

I have had all the same thoughts. In the Justice for Savanna facebook group, the items found in the farmhouse were listed for a short time, but later removed because the person that found them "didn't want to compromise the prosecution". IF the items on that list were really found there, I have a very hard time believing they aren't related to Savanna. I'm not posting this as a tease, but since the post was removed and there is no link, I can't prove what I saw. Time will tell, I guess.

Hope they can fast track the dna tests... that baby needs to start bonding with her dad and the rest of her family !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woman Says She May Have Had a ‘Bizarre’ Encounter with Suspect in Pregnant Woman’s Death: Report

The female suspect in a pregnant North Dakota woman’s disappearance and death may have had an unsettling encounter with another mom in the area, according to a local report.

Roxane Cartwright told The Forum in Fargo, North Dakota, that she thinks she crossed paths with 38-year-old Brooke Lynn Crews in September 2016 — nearly a year before Crews would be charged with conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection with 22-year-old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, who vanished from her Fargo apartment building on Aug. 19.

LaFontaine-Greywind’s family has said that Crews, their neighbor, invited the expectant mom to her third-floor apartment that Saturday afternoon to help her sew a dress. LaFontaine-Greywind, who was eight months pregnant, was not seen alive again.

A newborn baby girl whom police believe is likely hers was allegedly found in Crews’ apartment, with Crews, on Thursday, leading to Crews’ arrest along with William Henry Hoehn, 32, who lives with her.

“My hair stood up. I knew right away it was her,” Cartwright, of Williston, North Dakota, told the Forum of seeing Crews’ mug shot on television last week.

http://people.com/crime/brooke-crews-savanna-greywind-suspect-previous-mom-encounter/

Woman Says She May Have Had a ‘Bizarre’ Encounter with Suspect in Pregnant Woman’s Death: Report

The female suspect in a pregnant North Dakota woman’s disappearance and death may have had an unsettling encounter with another mom in the area, according to a local report.

Roxane Cartwright told The Forum in Fargo, North Dakota, that she thinks she crossed paths with 38-year-old Brooke Lynn Crews in September 2016 — nearly a year before Crews would be charged with conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection with 22-year-old Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, who vanished from her Fargo apartment building on Aug. 19.

LaFontaine-Greywind’s family has said that Crews, their neighbor, invited the expectant mom to her third-floor apartment that Saturday afternoon to help her sew a dress. LaFontaine-Greywind, who was eight months pregnant, was not seen alive again.

A newborn baby girl whom police believe is likely hers was allegedly found in Crews’ apartment, with Crews, on Thursday, leading to Crews’ arrest along with William Henry Hoehn, 32, who lives with her.

“My hair stood up. I knew right away it was her,” Cartwright, of Williston, North Dakota, told the Forum of seeing Crews’ mug shot on television last week.

http://people.com/crime/brooke-crews-savanna-greywind-suspect-previous-mom-encounter/

To bad the public can't look at her past files with social services. I am betting metal health services were ordered. JMO

It is possible they could've murdered her in the apartment. Her body was found wrapped in garbage bags from what I read earlier in the thread. If they moved her body, dogs wouldn't pick up on a cadaver scent because the body was wrapped in plastic. Is it likely? I'm not sure but it could be possible. The timeline is really tight. BC and WH would've had to commit the crime & clean up within a 3 hour window. What did they do with the baby when the police came at 4:30pm and 10:30pm Saturday? And again on Sunday? All of those visits were unannounced. I think the baby was born before Monday morning though- if WH told his co workers about it Monday morning ?

Just my opinion.

bbm Exactly! It boggles my mind. In the last press conference I believe LE said they were calm and cooperative, iirc.

Totally void of emotions it seems. Psychopaths. It's terrifying to know that some humans are like that.

It is possible they could've murdered her in the apartment. Her body was found wrapped in garbage bags from what I read earlier in the thread. If they moved her body, dogs wouldn't pick up on a cadaver scent because the body was wrapped in plastic. Is it likely? I'm not sure but it could be possible. The timeline is really tight. BC and WH would've had to commit the crime & clean up within a 3 hour window. What did they do with the baby when the police came at 4:30pm and 10:30pm Saturday? And again on Sunday? All of those visits were unannounced. I think the baby was born before Monday morning though- if WH told his co workers about it Monday morning ?

Just my opinion.

I agree the baby had to have been born before Monday if WH was talking about her at work. I'm not so sure though that the dogs wouldn't be able to pick up a scent if she was in plastic bags. The bags weren't air tight and some of the scent must have gotten on the outside of the bags while they were wrapping her up.

Since LE is saying the farmstead isn't a crime scene and she was found in the river close to there, I wonder if she was placed in the river elsewhere and floated there. The river flows north and where she was found was north of the apt. The river is only a little over a mile east of the apt building.

I keep wondering if the so-called "abandoned vehicle" was used...since the dogs did hit on something in that car/truck.

I keep wondering if the so-called "abandoned vehicle" was used...since the dogs did it on something in that car/truck.

I've wondered that too. Was that vehicle operational even though it was abandoned? Or could they have placed her body in that abandoned vehicle and towed it with their Jeep to where they disposed of her body as not to get the scent in their vehicle? I can't believe they would think of that though.

I keep wondering if the so-called "abandoned vehicle" was used...since the dogs did hit on something in that car/truck.

Maybe they put her in it temporarily and moved her to the river later at night.

It can be to a young woman expecting a baby and stressed about expenses.
I highly doubt it. As I'm a young woman expecting my 1st child and stressed over expenses yet would never go into a neighbor whom i don't know.. doubt i can trust apt even for 20$ especially while pregnant.. though i would never expect 2 get murdered..still wouldnt seem like a sensible thing 2 do.. i rather sit my butt home and wait 4 my pizza... especially if she was stealing my clothes (again my opinion only)

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Just my opinion.
Maybe the bby was being kept at the farm stead it may have not been where the murder took place but could of been a refuge 4 bby

I've wondered that too. Was that vehicle operational even though it was abandoned? Or could they have placed her body in that abandoned vehicle and towed it with their Jeep to where they disposed of her body as not to get the scent in their vehicle? I can't believe they would think of that though.
What about his work truck wasnt that missing?

Just my opinion.

I remember reading a paper on how quickly after death a dog can detect decomp but I'm still searching for it with no luck. If the suspects acted quickly and wrapped the body tightly it seems possible IMO that a dog might miss the scent. Here's the timeline as we currently know it:

1:24 pm text is sent to Savanna's mom about going upstairs.
1:30 or 2 pm neighbors hear noise in the upstairs bathroom which lasts about 15 minutes then the sound of the shower running.
2:30 pm Savanna's brother knocks on the apartment door, gets no answer. (it was reported that he heard a noise that may have been a sewing machine but I'm not convinced that it was)
2:40 pm Savanna's mom drives the brother to work.
3:15 pm Savanna's mom returns to the apartment building, thinking Savanna is in her room.
4:30 pm - approx. Savanna's mom discovers her missing and knocks on the apartment door. She's told Savanna had already left. Mom calls the police.

https://www.wday.com/news/4317545-recap-key-events-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

Assuming that timeline is accurate then there's enough time. The bathroom noises really point to some sort of scuffle in the suspects' apartment. If the crime happened there then they had time to commit the murder, clean up and transport the body. It's also enough time for them to incapacitate Savanna and drive her to a different crime scene.

Since the first searches were by consent and visual only the suspects had ample time to clean up. I'm sure once the search warrant was executed that LE and the forensics teams thoroughly inspected the apartment, including the bathroom plumbing. Lt. Nelson said in his interview that BCI found some evidence that caused LE to execute another search warrant at the apartment on Wednesday. He wouldn't say what evidence though.

Here are the interview links - thanks Rocco!
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...finding-Savanna-Greywinds-body-442297803.html
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...e-Savannas-body-was-discovered-442298143.html

In that interview (part 2) Lt. Nelson said they have a very strong case already and are still investigating. I believe the two perps are going away for a long, long time and maybe even forever. MOO.

I remember reading a paper on how quickly after death a dog can detect decomp but I'm still searching for it with no luck. If the suspects acted quickly and wrapped the body tightly it seems possible IMO that a dog might miss the scent. Here's the timeline as we currently know it:

1:24 pm text is sent to Savanna's mom about going upstairs.
1:30 or 2 pm neighbors hear noise in the upstairs bathroom which lasts about 15 minutes then the sound of the shower running.
2:30 pm Savanna's brother knocks on the apartment door, gets no answer. (it was reported that he heard a noise that may have been a sewing machine but I'm not convinced that it was)
2:40 pm Savanna's mom drives the brother to work.
3:15 pm Savanna's mom returns to the apartment building, thinking Savanna is in her room.
4:30 pm - approx. Savanna's mom discovers her missing and knocks on the apartment door. She's told Savanna had already left. Mom calls the police.

https://www.wday.com/news/4317545-recap-key-events-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

Assuming that timeline is accurate then there's enough time. The bathroom noises really point to some sort of scuffle in the suspects' apartment. If the crime happened there then they had time to commit the murder, clean up and transport the body. It's also enough time for them to incapacitate Savanna and drive her to a different crime scene.

Since the first searches were by consent and visual only the suspects had ample time to clean up. I'm sure once the search warrant was executed that LE and the forensics teams thoroughly inspected the apartment, including the bathroom plumbing. Lt. Nelson said in his interview that BCI found some evidence that caused LE to execute another search warrant at the apartment on Wednesday. He wouldn't say what evidence though.

Here are the interview links - thanks Rocco!
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...finding-Savanna-Greywinds-body-442297803.html
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...e-Savannas-body-was-discovered-442298143.html

In that interview (part 2) Lt. Nelson said they have a very strong case already and are still investigating. I believe the two perps are going away for a long, long time and maybe even forever. MOO.

Thanks for this, MsMarple. Could the "sewing machine" have been an exhaust fan in the bathroom or kitchen (necessitated due to use of bleach or other volatile chemicals for clean-up purposes)? Also, didn't SG's dad also knock on the apartment door, GETTING a response, after the brother (but before SG's Mom had to drive the brother to work)?

I think her brother might have actually heard a sewing machine. In the interview with the Lt., I was surprised that he said when they searched the apartment, the "sewing project" was laying out. It's at about 40 seconds into the interview here: http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...finding-Savanna-Greywinds-body-442297803.html

This is almost more disturbing (IMO) than if the sewing machine noise was something else because it shows extreme premeditation to carry out this crime and maintain her elaborate story. Somehow BC managed to quickly kill Savanna and take her baby or (at least subdue her) and hide her and the baby both. And no one heard screams from Savanna fighting the attack or a baby crying that day. Just banging in a bathroom. Unbelievable. Then BC cleaned up and went ahead with the charade of working on a sewing project. She calmly showed her apartment and no trace of the crime was seen. What a psychopath. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro