Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have not read post #6 and thanked it please do so now. :tyou:

'Praying for a miracle': Marchers gather to support family of missing north Fargo woman, searchers

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...rt-family-missing-north-fargo-woman-searchers

From above:

"Yellow Bird called on march participants to share their energy with each other.

"To walk as one spirit, one soul, one body, one voice. To give the energy ... to make that energy strong, so we can bring our sister, the Creator's daughter, Savanna, home. When we work together as a community, as a spirit, as a soul, our energy grows and it gets strong. We want a strong spirit, a strong community," Yellow Bird said.

At the bridge, Yellow Bird acknowledged "we all need healing today."

"Today we pray as one person, we pray as one soul, we pray as one spirit. Today we are a community of one voice, one spirit. .... with that that thought of bringing Savanna home," Yellow Bird said."

From above:

"Yellow Bird called on march participants to share their energy with each other.

"To walk as one spirit, one soul, one body, one voice. To give the energy ... to make that energy strong, so we can bring our sister, the Creator's daughter, Savanna, home. When we work together as a community, as a spirit, as a soul, our energy grows and it gets strong. We want a strong spirit, a strong community," Yellow Bird said.

"Today we pray as one person, we pray as one soul, we pray as one spirit. Today we are a community of one voice, one spirit. .... with that that thought of bringing Savanna home," Yellow Bird said."

Very moving.

:loveyou:
Posting guidelines:

* Persons presenting themselves as experts or professionals in their field, or as case insiders, must be verified as such by Websleuths.

* Do not become personally involved in cases by reaching out to case players and then post about it on the forum. If members want to help, they should respond only to valid requests for volunteers.

* Do report valid information or tips to the proper authorities. DO NOT, however, post your tips on Websleuths.

* Comments and posts by readers/visitors of Law Enforcement (LE) facebook pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

more on posting about social media information and our rules are in the links below:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Facebook-Twitter-etc&p=12080508#post12080508

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fargo Police Department Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fargopolicedepartment/

Thread #1

mod note: Please thank this post to indicate you have read the posting guidelines and are aware of the forum rules.

From above:

This gives me chills - in a good way.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I believe it has to do with threads getting too large for the server. The other thread is closed and the conversation is continued here.

Additionally, a link to all previous threads can be found in the first post of every thread.

From above:

Wow....thank you for sharing. How beautiful a prayer. Please yes bring Savanna home.

I'm not sure how it works in ND but in my state if the parents aren't married there is no legal presumption of paternity and even signing something in the hospital doesn't always fulfill the requirement. I think they should prove it's his before they let the family spend time with the baby simply because... what if it's not? The ones who did this say it's Savanna's (and I'm sure it is) but they are nuts. I think it would be beyond damaging to bond with a baby thinking it is all they have left of Savanna and then find out this is some other baby.

Plus... the baby is safe and cared for at the hospital. The family is out searching for Savanna (I would be too), and the poor dad sounds like he is completely devastated by this and not in a good place to be caring for a newborn. Who would be home with the baby? I understand CPS doing it this way.

Yes. I agree. And because the child might be Native American, they also must involve the tribe in matters of fostering, custody, and child welfare. They have heavy federally protected rights in place to assure children are not removed from the the tribe. In this situation, it clearly is a delay in uniting family, but in other cases it is imperative to preserve culture and allow the child to stay within its culture. If you have two separate tribal elders or councils in place, it will take a bit longer. This step is imperative. The only other delay I could imagine is if the male perp claimed he was the father, as if to make that a justification. It might complicate things further. But, ultimately, the child will be released to the tribal council or elders who place the child with family. This is out of the jurisdiction of LE and CPS. Its going to take time. You have multiple stake holders. The baby is safe and cared for. That gap in family care will not impact the child in the long run in terms of bonding or thriving. What may be a concern is the means with which she was brought into the world and if there are medical complications from that. IMOO

Special placenta - sniffing dogs. I can hardly process that there's even been a need for this.

Yes. I agree. And because the child might be Native American, they also must involve the tribe in matters of fostering, custody, and child welfare. They have heavy federally protected rights in place to assure children are not removed from the the tribe. In this situation, it clearly is a delay in uniting family, but in other cases it is imperative to preserve culture and allow the child to stay within its culture. If you have two separate tribal elders or councils in place, it will take a bit longer. This step is imperative. The only other delay I could imagine is if the male perp claimed he was the father, as if to make that a justification. It might complicate things further. But, ultimately, the child will be released to the tribal council or elders who place the child with family. This is out of the jurisdiction of LE and CPS. Its going to take time. You have multiple stake holders. The baby is safe and cared for. That gap in family care will not impact the child in the long run in terms of bonding or thriving. What may be a concern is the means with which she was brought into the world and if there are medical complications from that. IMOO

In addition to this, won't the biological father have a legal claim (different tribe than Savanna's?) to the child IF he can demonstrate that he's prepared to provide good care. Will Savanna 's parents want custody of the baby? (Same tribe as Savanna). While it seems Savanna's family and Ash are on the same page of their concern/grief, it doesn't necessarily mean they each won't want to assume responsibility for the baby. Suppose custody is determined and Savanna returns (unlikely, I know)... Another reason why CPS needs to be cautious while sorting our complicated details.

Special placenta - sniffing dogs. I can hardly process that there's even been a need for this.

I think (therefore take my post as IMO) that there may be some confusion about the placenta-sniffing dog. As far as I understand, when training a SAR dog, especially a HRD (cadaver) dog, trainers use blood and tissue samples to help them, including placentas. So I don't think the dogs were specially trained to just sniff out placentas.

Bleu happens to be exceptional at "mantrailing," or "trailing," and msm and/or LE emphasized the placenta part because of this particular case. IOW, Bleu is a darn good sniffer. Here's some info on him:

http://minnesotacaninesearchrescueandtracking.com/meet-our-team.html
http://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...cle_a960a004-7b3a-11e5-aa3d-db9f6224a7c0.html
http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/2...ht-to-fargo-in-search-for-missing-new-mother/
Some general info:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/cadaver-dogs-science-training-1.3654993
http://www.vsar.org/SARdog.html

I'm not involved in SAR so maybe one of our members with more experience will clear things up. I couldn't find much info on the other dog, McKenzie.

This situation did not happen on a reservation, though. Wouldn't everyone have to follow the laws of the U.S., North Dakota and Fargo? It doesn't seem right to me that tribal elders would be negotiating over a baby that clearly has a living father, if the DNA shows this is the case.

The baby is Native American.
Savanna is Spirit Lake, as is her boyfriend and father. Her mother is Turtle Mountain.
I am not sure about the situation with tribal elders, but I don't see that as a delay in this matter.
They are just waiting for the DNA results. I am pretty sure everything else has been handled and arrangements made with the tribes.

Lmb
'They took my world from me,' says boyfriend of missing Fargo woman

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...y-world-me-says-boyfriend-missing-fargo-woman

Profoundly tragic.

And why wouldn't Savanna's parents be able to see even a photo, or have supervised visitation?

The proper agencies know the infant is Savanna's baby and therefore, it's their Grandchild.

This is an unusual rare situation/case where following the written letter of the law is Absurd and Cruel I might add imo

Furthermore, the father/BF's DNA sample should have been taken the day that infant was found!

I totally agree.

It is sad that this happened but the best interest of the baby outweighs the feelings of the adults, IMO. We don't know if she is getting necessary medical treatment, we don't even know for 100% certainty who the baby is, and won't until the DNA results come back. I would not want to see the baby until I was beyond certain that it was my family member's because I can come up with a few scenarios where it wouldn't be Savanna's. I would not be willing to sacrifice my already broken heart meeting a baby and then finding out it wasn't ours and ours was actually dead. I would need to know for sure.

IMO it is in the best interest of that baby to be with her relatives or at least be able to see and hear them. She has been ripped from the womb and doesn't even get to hear her mother's voice. And she's with people who aren't her family and don't love her.

At the least, this poor family should get a damn photo. At a certain point, common sense should apply. Rigid rules and procedures are so American but they don't make sense to me. This is a tiny baby and a family deprived of everything normal. Anyone with a brain can put two and two together and figure out this is this man's child and the grandchild of Savanna's parents. Policy and procedure my you know what. She's been through enough. Preventing her from starting the bonding process with her family at a time when everything has been taken from her is simply wrong.

As long as LE and social services are unsure whether or not the baby is going into a risky situation, it's good to keep the baby protected and away from that apartment building. We don't know if there were other people involved who might still be wanting the baby. But, I feel really sad for the father and grandparents. This is beyond heart-breaking.

Letting the family visit her at the hospital or even see a damn photo has nothing to do with the apartment building. Or keeping the baby safe.

I disagree that the gap in care won't affect her. There is no substitute for a family's love. There is also zero to suggest that the baby wouldn't be safe with her family visiting her.

Interrupting a bond at such a crucial time can have lasting affects including making it more difficult for the parent and child to bond later.

I find the whole thing senseless and I'm surprised how many people willingly accept this. It's ridiculous IMO. The creeps admitted it is her baby. savann's is missing and they showed up with a baby days after she went into their apartment. The coincidence that would have to exist for these freaks to have somehow acquired a totally unrelated newborn at the same time their pregnant neighbor went missing would be fantasical.

Finally, it would seem that they are violating tribal law not protecting it. Because I don't see any tribe involved in the child's case making decisions.

Hunt continues for missing pregnant Fargo woman
Police, citizens are combing land for Savanna Greywind, missing since Aug. 19.
http://www.startribune.com/hunt-continues-for-missing-pregnant-fargo-woman/441812663/#1

"Investigators targeted a grove of trees and farmland about 5 miles across state lines in Dilworth, Minn., while calling for the public’s assistance in checking for clues to the 22-year-old woman’s whereabouts. Aerial and river searches have come up empty."

"On Saturday afternoon, members of several American Indian tribes from the Dakotas and Minnesota arrived by bus, car and van to show support for Greywind, who is of the Spirit Lake Dakota tribe. They gathered for a picnic and prayer march at Oak Grove Park, where hundreds of people trekked about a mile to Veterans Memorial Bridge, which spans the Red River between Minnesota and North Dakota.

Many wore red, a color adopted to honor murdered and missing indigenous women. The multiracial group paused midway along the bridge for a brief service so spiritual leaders like Willard Yellow Bird could seek guidance from traditional rain, wind and night spirits.

“And I’m going to call our ancestors, because we need healing,” he said."

http://www.startribune.com/hunt-continues-for-missing-pregnant-fargo-woman/441812663/#1

In addition to this, won't the biological father have a legal claim (different tribe than Savanna's?) to the child IF he can demonstrate that he's prepared to provide good care. Will Savanna 's parents want custody of the baby? (Same tribe as Savanna). While it seems Savanna's family and Ash are on the same page of their concern/grief, it doesn't necessarily mean they each won't want to assume responsibility for the baby. Suppose custody is determined and Savanna returns (unlikely, I know)... Another reason why CPS needs to be cautious while sorting our complicated details.

Once it's proven he's the father he won't have to prove anything else. The law doesn't operate under the assumption that dad's have to prove their ability to parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member