Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The baby is unfortunately a part of an active police investigation.

Imagine if LE released baby to the family and they do serious bonding with her and then find out it's not Savannas baby... they would again be devastated. I see why LE is doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine if LE released baby to the family and they do serious bonding with her and then find out it's not Savannas baby... they would again be devastated. I see why LE is doing this.

Or, if God forbid, the dad had something to do with it. To be clear, I do NOT think that he did (I'd be shocked), but LE HAS to be extra careful here. Can you even imagine the outrage if they released the baby into the arms of the dad and he ended up being involved? I feel bad for the daddy....very bad....but I think they unfortunately have to be extra cautious here.

I just hope they put a rush on the lab. We usually wait so long because it's an UID but there is a living victim here

I clearly remember the Fresno case in 98.

I don't recall which one else but after that one, maybe in Illinois, a woman was pregnant and the father was not with her, and his sister and her SO took the baby from her. They also killed her two children who was not offspring of the brother and left the brother's toddler child in the alt w a dead sibling and a dead mother. Her other child was found dead in an alley. Absolutely horrific.

Words fail me...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

The situation with the baby girl is so heart wrenching, and I think everyone would like to see her in the arms of her loving family. However, given the insanity of the two people who are charged with kidnapping, I am glad she is safe in the hospital. Until they know where the baby had been kept in the days before she was rescued, I will suspect someone else is involved.

Knowing many nurses, I can imagine that baby is being completely doted on and loved. Especially given the outpouring of support for this family. I was reading about attachment for premature babies who end up spending extended time in hospitals. Here's a good article: http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/En/Re...reBabies/AtHome/Attachment/Pages/default.aspx Though this situation isn't the same (the baby is entirely dependent on non-relatives for care right now), this makes me hopeful that any disruption in her bonding with her family will be overcome quickly.
Yes. Good point that comforts me somewhat. Nurses will provide love and warmth. They do usually and will do so especially in this case.
Still makes my heart ache. That poor baby.

Maybe they need to be sure its his child before they let him see the baby.
But ... do they?
Even if not... He was willing to be the father to this child. Whether biological or not.

This is assuming it's Savannas baby.

Yes. That would be heartbreaking in itself.

But ... do they?
Even if not... He was willing to be the father to this child. Whether biological or not.

He would have to go to the courts to have his adoption petition be heard if he is not the father. Blood relatives would come first in placement decisions.

But ... do they?

True. At the very least, it would be nice if they would allow visitation with police supervision. Do we know for SURE this has not been allowed?

Public search for LaFontaine-Greywind expands
Family and friends of LaFontaine-Greywind — 22 years old and 8 month pregnant — and an increasing number of volunteers from across Fargo and beyond, searched from 2 until 9 p.m. on Friday, 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Saturday, and 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. on Sunday. Organizers estimated that 30 percent of the searchers came from outside the Fargo-Moorhead area. One man came all the way from Phoenix.

There have been organized groups of searchers who have come from the Turtle Mountain, Spirit Lake, Standing Rock and White Earth reservations. On Sunday, there were three vans emblazoned with the name of the Spirit Lake tribe in the parking lot.
Volunteers have searched Trollwood, Johnson, and Riverside parks. They've searched wooded areas along the river. They've searched construction sites, gas stations, trailer parks, and homeless camps. Two of the tribes brought ATVs. Searchers on Sunday brought horses. Searches have also been undertaken in Grand Forks and Larimore, as well as Perham and Dilworth in Minnesota.

http://www.wday.com/news/4318429-public-search-lafontaine-greywind-expands

It's amazing to see the community working so hard to find Savanna but I'm starting to think that either one of the suspects needs to spill her whereabouts or she'll be found completely by accident by a hiker or hunter.

I don't mean to sound like a Debbie Downer this early in the case but realistically, basing my opinion on missing persons cases I've followed, the odds of searchers finding Savanna aren't good. :(

From the last thread:
(Can a mod please add a link to thread 1 in the first post, tia. )

My post for reference:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orhead-19-August-2017&p=13586354#post13586354

"Something just hit me!! Still catching up, way behind...but want to post this before I lose it. It's a potential tip/idea...maybe LE has already looked into this. Need more info...can you guys help look into this? I need a location ID'd...

I was thinking about her fb, and remembered the picture of a young girl on a horse (maybe one of her other kids? Idk, any way, not sleuthing family...) Then I remembered she made a comment about "the colt just breaking" or something like that...need to go back and look...maybe she has delivered horses before!!!!!! Maybe they took Savanna somewhere where there are horses!! Do we know where that picture was taken?! Maybe a barn or stable!! Last night I had mentioned shed, then today LE mentioned sheds...I'm feeling this....

Where was the photo of the horse taken?

Locals, input on barns? Horses stables...

Can we look at maps and Google info.

Might not be listed textwise, but can look for satellite image.

I'm thinking horse stable/barn within a 60 mile radius maybe.

Skibby help... (she has isolated a building before in A and L's case)

I am shaking you guys. Breath is rapid. Could be way off, of course.

If they were going back and forth, it might not have been that far.
Last edited by margarita25; 08-25-2017 at*02:20 PM."

Response from Jo in Calif
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orhead-19-August-2017&p=13587366#post13587366

"Just to keep things straight it was mentioned earlier that the suspect BC's FB page had something on it about birthing a colt, this FB page is ok to sluth as she is a named suspect. People ran with it that BC had helped with the birth of a horse.
That is far from what was posted on the FB page. BC said her daughter broke her first colt. Breaking a colt has nothing to do with birth.

https://www.facebook.com/brooke.o.o....c_location=ufi "

Please reread my post, Jo in Calif. Not correct at all.

Nobody jumped off the bridge and said omg she delivers horses....it was clearly stated in the original post that since maaaaaaaaybe she has been near horses, and maybe since she might have delivered a baby (Savanna's), and maybe if they needed a place to do it well maaaybe they've chosen a stable/horse barn, that maaaaay be in the relative area...etc...or maybe not! And the posters who replied/agreed/tried to help jump off my post, which is what we try to do here (thank you btw), also used the words "if" and "maybe", as I also did very clearly in my post.. the point of this place (at least for me) is to brainstorm together...if we come up with something that might be worth calling in, then we do...(see post "6 on rules concerning this). I was floored when the local went to check out the place we brainstormed live, and lo and behold, there's already a team searching there! It was a great feeling to have locals chiming in and trying to help, felt like a team here.

As far as my idea, I think it is a good one, I stand by it, whether or not she has ever birthed a horse or not (which I never said she did...I clearly said "breaking"); it is a good train of thought imo that barns/stables/farms be looked at....they had to deliver the baby somewhere, and LE even mentioned sheds, garages, etc....I stand by my thoughts.

There's a lot that goes in trying to identify a secondary crime scene and body/person. There are applicable approaches such as methods ranging from triangular geographical profiling diagrams identifying and outlining awareness space coordinates to Rossmo's theory.

We are here to help find this poor woman...As of now Savanna has not yet been found. LE themselves hs also suggested checking various buildings.

From the last thread:

My post for reference:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orhead-19-August-2017&p=13586354#post13586354

Something just hit me!! Still catching up, way behind...but want to post this before I lose it. It's a potential tip/idea...maybe LE has already looked into this. Need more info...can you guys help look into this? I need a location ID'd...

I was thinking about her fb, and remembered the picture of a young girl on a horse (maybe one of her other kids? Idk, any way, not sleuthing family...) Then I remembered she made a comment about "the colt just breaking" or something like that...need to go back and look...maybe she has delivered horses before!!!!!! Maybe they took Savanna somewhere where there are horses!! Do we know where that picture was taken?! Maybe a barn or stable!! Last night I had mentioned shed, then today LE mentioned sheds...I'm feeling this....

Where was the photo of the horse taken?

Locals, input on barns? Horses stables...

Can we look at maps and Google info.

Might not be listed textwise, but can look for satellite image.

I'm thinking horse stable/barn within a 60 mile radius maybe.

Skibby help... (she has isolated a building before in A and L's case)

I am shaking you guys. Breath is rapid. Could be way off, of course.

If they were going back and forth, it might not have been that far.
Last edited by margarita25; 08-25-2017 at*02:20 PM."

Response from Jo in Calif
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orhead-19-August-2017&p=13587366#post13587366

"Just to keep things straight it was mentioned earlier that the suspect BC's FB page had something on it about birthing a colt, this FB page is ok to sluth as she is a named suspect. People ran with it that BC had helped with the birth of a horse.
That is far from what was posted on the FB page. BC said her daughter broke her first colt. Breaking a colt has nothing to do with birth.

https://www.facebook.com/brooke.o.o....c_location=ufi "

Please reread my post . Not correct at all.

Nobody jumped off the bridge and said omg she delivers horses....it was clearly stated in the original post that since maaaaaaaaybe she has been near horses, and maybe since she might have delivered a baby (Savanna's), and maybe if they needed a place to do it well maybe they've chosen a stable/horse barn, that maaaaaybe be in the relative area...etc...or maybe not! And the posters who replied/agreed/tried to help jump off my post, which is what we try to do here (thank you btw), also used the words "if" and "maybe", as i very clearmy did in my post.. he point of this place (at least for me) is to brainstorm together...if we come up with something that might be worth calling in, then we do...(see post "6 on rules concerning this).

As far as my idea, I think it is a good one, I stand by it, whether or not she has ever birthed a horse or not (which I never said she did...I clearly said "breaking"); it is a good train of thought imo that barns/stables/farms be looked at....they had to deliver the baby somewhere, and LE even mentioned sheds, garages, etc....I stand by my thoughts.

There's a lot that goes in trying to identify a secondary crime scene and body/person. There are applicable approaches such as methods ranging from triangular geographical profiling diagrams identifying and outlining awareness space coordinates to Rossmo's theory.

We are here to help find this poor woman...feel free to share any better ideas that you may have. beca a use as of now Savanna has not yet been found. LE themselves hs also suggested checking various buildings. I was floored when the local went to check out the place we brainstormed live, abd love and behold, there's already a team searching there!

You're right, margarita. You never brought up the subject of "birthing colts/horses." That was my jumping off your post (prematurely)!

You're right, margarita. You never brought up the subject of "birthing colts/horses." That was my jumping off your post (prematurely)!

Not at all...pretty sure you said "If".

I said "maybe she delivered a horse too. Anyway, point is we are looking for barns, imo, poooosibly. Even she has not witnessed a horses birth.

Anyone by chance seen if there are any religious comments or references on her sm...? Just wondering...

Words fail me...

I know! After someone here mentioned fetal kidnapping last night, I googled it and read about many of the cases. And then I spent the rest of the night wishing I hadn't done that.

Any horses currently in a barn would be taken care of, people coming to feed them and clean their stalls, so more like maybe abandoned barn?

But ... do they?

I think that becomes an issue of who the legal next of kin would be. They weren't married so being willing to parent isn't enough. In the event Ash isn't the dad, I assume custody would go to whomever the dad is if they can identify him and he was willing to parent. (Unless it was the guy in jail and I can't even stretch my imagine far enough to come up with a scenario where that could have happened!) They would need to try to locate him. And if not, then the Court would decide just like in any other dependency hearing. Please note: I don't think it isn't Ash's baby. This is all hypothetical.

I thought the thread went too quiet ... just discovered it got closed without a link to thread 2.

I have been glued to the Hurricane Harvey thread, so will have to catch up here tonight, So glad you are all still here for Savanna. I take it there is nothing new yet.

Prayers for Savanna's family ... :tears:

Not at all...pretty sure you said "If".

I said "maybe she delivered a horse too. Anyway, point is we are looking for barns, imo, poooosibly. Even she has not witnessed a horses birth.

I think this is a great way of thinking. When I heard that LE was asking people to check their properties and outbuildings, barns and stables didn't enter my mind. I was thinking sheds, shops, garages. And I have a barn with horses in it. So whether she has helped zero or 1000 horses foal, I like how you looked at the photos and came up with another potential place to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow