GUILTY ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Woman who killed neighbor by cutting baby from womb says she didn't 'explicitly' alert her ex

"A North Dakota woman claimed Tuesday she cut a baby from her neighbor’s womb, ultimately killing the woman, because she felt pressured to "produce a baby" after lying about being pregnant to keep her boyfriend from leaving.

Brooke Crews spoke out in the trial of her now-ex, William Hoehn, in Fargo. Hoehn is charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Crews pleaded guilty last year to murdering 22-year-old Savanna Greywind, and is serving a life sentence without parole.

Crews said she killed Greywind and stole her baby was because she felt pressured from Hoehn to have a child. She told defense attorney Daniel Borgen that she did "not explicitly" tell Hoehn she planned to kill Greywind and steal her baby; however, she said he had presented her with what she believed was "an ultimatum."

Hoehn has admitted he helped cover up the crime but said he didn't know that Crews had planned to kill Greywind and take her baby. The child survived the ordeal and is being raised by family...."

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxne...e.img.jpg/612/344/1537919142826.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

1537919142826.jpg

(Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke Crews testifies grisly details of Savanna Greywind's murder (with clip)

Sep 25, 2018

"FARGO, N.D. (KVLY) UPDATE: The afternoon session of William Hoehn's trial started with a lot of people asking, 'What's going on?' as it was delayed over an hour.

When we were finally let back into courtroom, new information surfaced involving a fellow inmate of Crews, Ms. Robinson. Robinson says Crews told her that she strangled and killed Savanna herself, because she found out Savanna and William Hoehn were having an affair, and that Savanna's baby might be his.

Crews adamantly denied these claims, saying she's never talked about this case with anyone. And prosecutors brought it to the court's attention that Robinson has multiple false information charges against her.

Court will not resume until 1 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, unlike the normal 9 a.m. start time. When asked why, prosecutors say this case is 'a work in progress.'

Ashton Matheny and a detective with Fargo Police are expected to take the stand tomorrow. Prosecutors expect closing statements to start on Thursday.
-----------
The gruesome moments before Savanna Greywind’s death were revealed in court this morning at William Hoehn’s sixth day of trial...."

Brooke Crews testifies grisly details of Savanna Greywind's murder
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, what a day! Thanks so much everyone for posting updates! What a sick relationship Crews and Hoehn had. IMO Crews was the mastermind but I think Hoehn knew more and participated more than he's admitting. I guess it doesn't really matter since I'm pretty sure he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison too. They're both liars - I don't believe Crews is remorseful either but that JMO.

Wow, what a day! Thanks so much everyone for posting updates! What a sick relationship Crews and Hoehn had. IMO Crews was the mastermind but I think Hoehn knew more and participated more than he's admitting. I guess it doesn't really matter since I'm pretty sure he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison too. They're both liars - I don't believe Crews is remorseful either but that JMO.

So sick and horrifying......no words.

Here's what really stuck out to me about her testimony: She claims she asked Will, more than once, if she could take the baby downstairs (to the baby's grandparents) and Will said no.

What the heck did she plan on saying to them?

Here's what really stuck out to me about her testimony: She claims she asked Will, more than once, if she could take the baby downstairs (to the baby's grandparents) and Will said no.

What the heck did she plan on saying to them?
That stood out to me as well. Was she going to say Savanna left her baby with me and she hasn't come back? So messed up.

That stood out to me as well. Was she going to say Savanna left her baby with me and she hasn't come back? So messed up.
IMO it's another one of her lies. She also testified that she was confident that Hoehn wouldn't call the police on her so which was it, that he was so controlling (and she was sooo remorseful) that he prevented her from taking the baby to the grandparents or that he was so enthralled with her that he wouldn't squeal on her?

Nope, uh uh, not buying it. Just like her saying Savanna wanted her to induce labor or that Savanna hit her head on the sink and was knocked out.

For all of Crews' yowling about what a bad person she is and how sorry she is she continues to look for ways to make others partly responsible for her horrendous act. IMO if she had gotten away with the murder and kidnapping she wouldn't have given another thought to what she did to Savanna.

Wednesday, Sept. 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 1pm CT) - ND - Savanna Marie LaFontaine-Greywind (22) (Aug. 19, 2017) - William Henry Hoehn (32) indicted (8/19/17) with conspiracy to commit murder (Class AA Felony). Plead not guilty. $2M cash bond. Plead guilty (9/4/18) to conspiracy to commit kidnapping (Class A Felony) & giving false info to LE (Class A Misdemeanor).
Trial was set for 5/15/18 but cancelled, continued to 9/18/18.
9/4/18 Update: Hoehn pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement in the August 2017 death of Savanna. Hoehn is still scheduled for trial on Sept. 18 on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Felony Jury Trial 9/18, 9/19, 9/20, 9/21, 9/24, 9/25, 9/26, 9/27, 9/28.
9/10/18 Update: Request to have his murder conspiracy trial moved out of Fargo has been denied. Hoehn had asked that his trial on conspiracy to commit murder be relocated to Burleigh County because of media coverage of the case. Cass County District Judge Thomas Olson rejected the request in an order filed Monday, Sept. 10.
9/18/18 Update: Day 1: Trial ends with jury of 8 women and 6 men chosen. Opening statements will start 9 a.m. Wed., Sept. 19.

9/19/18 Update: Day 2: Opening statements by both sides. Witnesses: Jesse Rios (owns roofing business), Hoehn's boss. David Henry, co-worker & lived in same apt. bldg (known him for 4 to 5 years. Nortberta Greywind, Savanna’s mother. Joe Greywind, Savanna’s father. Last witness for the day, Detective Samuel Bollman, Fargo police responded to 911 call. The defense chose not to cross-examine any of the State's witnesses this afternoon. Trial continues to 9/20.
9/20/18 Update: Day 3: Witness: Joshua Loos, 12 year Fargo Police Dept. veteran, did LE interviews (8/23/17 & 8/24/17) with Hoehn & Crews. Also played LE interview on 8/24 after baby was found. The jury listened all day to Hoehn's interviews with police, & what stories they told them about what happened to Savanna & her baby.
9/21/18 Update: Day 4: State requests to have Doctor to testify on procedure for c-section, how long it takes & to show Crews could not do this alone. Judge grants request. Det. Loos is back. Video from Hoehn's 8/24/17 LE interview concludes. Then Crews 8/24/17 LE interview is played. Next witness Brandon McCollum, a forensic scientist with the FBI’s DNA Casework Unit. Dr. Frederick Kieley, pediatric physician at Sanford Health (re c-section). Det. Mark Voigtschild, personalized crime detective with Fargo PD (goes over crime scene photos). Sandra Salisbury, a data analytics manager, searcher who found Savanna's body. Kelsey Helgeson was an employee of a local dollar store where Savanna's mother worked. Trial continues at 9am 9/24.
9/24/18 Update: Day 5: Witnesses: Dr. Victor Froloff, with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office in St. Paul. The Defense is now calling a witness, Dr. Brad Randall. He is a forensic pathologist with a consultant business. Special Agent Jesse Smith, with the North Dakota Department of Criminal Investigation specializing in cyber crimes. Agent Ness helped process the crime scene. Tanith McCloud, Hoehn's former fiance. Bryan Grob, met Hoehn in jail, as Grubb was waiting for court. Trial continues to 9/25.
9/25/18 Update Day 6: Witness: Brooke Crews. Court will not resume until 1 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, unlike the normal 9 a.m. start time. When asked why, prosecutors say this case is 'a work in progress.' The State has 2 more witnesses: Ashton Matheny and a detective with Fargo Police are expected to take the stand tomorrow. Prosecutors expect closing statements to start on Thursday, 9/26.
Brooke Lynn Crews (38) also charged with same counts, plead guilty on 12/11/17 & sentenced on Feb. 2, 2018 to life without parole.

IMO it's another one of her lies. She also testified that she was confident that Hoehn wouldn't call the police on her so which was it, that he was so controlling (and she was sooo remorseful) that he prevented her from taking the baby to the grandparents or that he was so enthralled with her that he wouldn't squeal on her?

Nope, uh uh, not buying it. Just like her saying Savanna wanted her to induce labor or that Savanna hit her head on the sink and was knocked out.

For all of Crews' yowling about what a bad person she is and how sorry she is she continues to look for ways to make others partly responsible for her horrendous act. IMO if she had gotten away with the murder and kidnapping she wouldn't have given another thought to what she did to Savanna.

I agree.
I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth, or his. They are both monsters!

Here is the ND statute on conspiracy as an FYI. I'm not sure the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard can be met in this case after BC's testimony. While the conspiracy doesn't have to be explicit under ND law, the facts so far seem to indicate WH walked in on this and joined in rather than had any involvement in the planning and taking any acts in furtherance of the plan. JMO.
» North Dakota Code 12.1-06-04 – Criminal conspiracyLawServer

Here is the ND statute on conspiracy as an FYI. I'm not sure the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard can be met in this case after BC's testimony. While the conspiracy doesn't have to be explicit under ND law, the facts so far seem to indicate WH walked in on this and joined in rather than had any involvement in the planning and taking any acts in furtherance of the plan. JMO.
» North Dakota Code 12.1-06-04 – Criminal conspiracyLawServer
Regarding 'taking any acts in furtherance of the plan': Would putting the rope around her neck to make sure she died, qualify?

Regarding 'taking any acts in furtherance of the plan': Would putting the rope around her neck to make sure she died, qualify?
That's where I think there is grey area that probably comes down to state case law (and for the attorneys' to argue more effectively). I remember some cases from law school where a conspiracy was deemed to have occurred in a split second, but there were some others where the opposite result came down. A jury could probably find either way, honestly. It's a tough case for the jurors IMO.

Raju Chaduvula on Twitter
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 4m4 minutes ago
#HoehnTrial will begin shortly. The attorneys are now in the courtroom, waiting of for Judge Olson and the jury.

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 1m1 minute ago
The attorneys are now meeting with Judge Olson in his chambers prior to bringing in the jury. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 41s41 seconds ago
Replying to @HoustoA @sarahrudlang
The court is open to the public. #HoehnTrial

I agree.
I don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth, or his. They are both monsters!
And stupid monsters at that!! They had no plan after committing their heinous crime. No plan to leave town or even leave the apt building. The police and the Greywinds were breathing down their necks and they continued to come and go from their apt with 'their' Native American baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back