GUILTY ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thursday, Sept. 27th:
*Trial continues (Day 8) (@ 8:30am CT) - ND - Savanna Marie LaFontaine-Greywind (22) (Aug. 19, 2017) - William Henry Hoehn (32) indicted (8/19/17) with conspiracy to commit murder (Class AA Felony). Plead not guilty. $2M cash bond. Plead guilty (9/4/18) to conspiracy to commit kidnapping (Class A Felony) & giving false info to LE (Class A Misdemeanor).
Trial was set for 5/15/18 but cancelled, continued to 9/18/18.
9/4/18 Update: Hoehn pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement in the August 2017 death of Savanna. Hoehn is still scheduled for trial on Sept. 18 on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Felony Jury Trial 9/18, 9/19, 9/20, 9/21, 9/24, 9/25, 9/26, 9/27, 9/28.

Skipping over Day 1 thru 6 - too long....
9/26/18 Update Day 7: Judge Olson says he's dismissed a juror because she's sick. Witnesses: Det. Philip Swan. Defense is playing recording of interaction between Det. Swan and Brooke Crews just a day after she killed Savanna Greywind. Ashton Matheny, Savanna's boyfriend. With the end of Matheny's testimony, the prosecution has rested its case. The trial will resume tomorrow (9/27) at 8:30 a.m. After the jury is dismissed - Defense is asking the court to rule a verdict in the case, citing a former case that places a precedent saying that a person cannot enter a conspiracy unwillingly or negligently. After hearing arguments Judge Olson denied the defense's motion for a verdict in the case. The prosecution & defense are arguing about the admissibility of Jennifer Robinson as a witness in the case. There was new information yesterday that the defense introduced that Crews made certain statements about the case to Robinson. Judge Olson allowed Robinson to be admitted as a possible witness.

Raju Chaduvula on Twitter
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 6m6 minutes ago
Replying to @sarahrudlang
The state is saying that there was an "implicit" agreement between Hoehn and Brooke before Aug. 19, based on testimony given during the trial. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY on Twitter
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 4m4 minutes ago
Judge Olson: Ruled in favor in the state on some jury instructions about this argument. It’s believed to be the wording of the questions that will be presented to the jury ahead of deliberations. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 8m8 minutes ago
Defense is asking for a continuance, saying that he was not able to "contract down witness [Jennifer Robbinson] in jail with Brooke last year." Judge Olson denied that. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 8m8 minutes ago
The State says they've tried Facebook messaging, texting and even called this witness 6 times and have not heard back. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 7m7 minutes ago
Defense says they haven't "made the determination" if Hoehn will testify, because they want to wait for Ms. Robinson. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 7m7 minutes ago
The jury is now being brought in. #HoehnTrial

Danielle Church on Twitter
Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 5m5 minutes ago
Day eight of Hoehn’s trial begins. His attorney, Daniel Bourgen, says Hoehn will testify based on how well their witness, one of Brooke Crews’ former prison inmates, does on the stand. #hoehntrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 4m4 minutes ago
The defense calls Jennifer Robinson, a fellow inmate of Crew's, to the stand. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 2m2 minutes ago
Robinson has been previously convicted for giving false information to police. She said she used her married name. #HoehnTrial

Robinson said she would do Bible study in prison, something Crews began participating in. #HoehnTrial

Robinson said she and Crews have had "hours upon hours" of conversation about life and their troubles. She said they became very friendly. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 1m1 minute ago
HAPPENING NOW: Robinson is on the stand: "I seen she [Brooke Crews] was very sad and lonely and stuff, she asked if she could do my bible study and stuff. So I started going back there and spending all the extra time I could with her.” #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 1m1 minute ago
Robinson said Crews told her that "she chocked Savanna with a rope, drug her into the bathroom, and did the cesarean herself" and hid the body in the bathroom closet. #HoehnTrial

Robinson said Crews took the baby out in under three minutes. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 39s40 seconds ago
The prosecution begins its cross-examination. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 37s38 seconds ago
Robinson says Crews told her that she, "chocked Savanna with a rope, drug her into the bathroom, did a cesarian herself, cleaned it up, hid it in the bathroom for 2 days. Detectives passed crime scene twice." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 3m3 minutes ago
Robinson says Crews told her that she, "chocked Savanna with a rope, drug her into the bathroom, did a cesarian herself, cleaned it up, hid it in the bathroom for 2 days. Detectives passed crime scene twice." #HoehnTrial

The prosecution is listing out all of Robinson's previous convictions across three states, including disorderly conduct, forging checks, slander, trying to assault a police officer, among others. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 54s54 seconds ago
State (Younggren) is now cross examining Robinson. He's going through her lengthy record... It includes slander, liable, trying to assault a police officer with a knife, forging checks, false information in multiple states.... he's gone on with more and more. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 37s38 seconds ago
State is questioning Robinson about why she is just coming forward now, after knowing this for 5 months. He's telling her that her account of "Savanna being on meth," is completely not true and unheard. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall on Twitter
Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 24s25 seconds ago
Jennifer Robinson is getting heated while answering questions from the State. Robinson says that the information that Brooke Crews told her has given her night terrors and describes Crews as a 'devil in disguise.'

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 42s42 seconds ago
Jennifer Robinson, Crews' former inmate, is on the stand. She's getting agitated, louder each time Asst. State's Attorney Ryan Younggren continues to question her. Robinson calls Crews "a devil in disguise." Yells and calls her "disgusting." #hoehntrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 2m2 minutes ago
The State says that during a meeting yesterday, Robinson repeatedly asked 'Does this get me out of New England, now?' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Robinson is visibly upset, at points raising her voice at Younggren and looking like she's going to cry. #HoehnTrial

Robinson said during her testimony that Brooke is "a devil in disguise." #HoehnTrial

Q: This story that Brooke told you was just to you, correct?
Robinson: Yes.
Q: And you didn't bring it up for 5 months?
Robinson: No. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

5edc6667-72ff-4374-91f6-e4ffda921005_800.jpg
This is Hoehn's expression as Robinson yells out that she is here so Hoehn doesn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison for a crime he didn't do. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 6m6 minutes ago
Robinson: "I love it out there" (in New England's state prison).
State: "We can tell. You're in trouble a lot." #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 6m6 minutes ago
"I love it out there. I'd much rather be out there [the penitentiary]." And "I don't care about being in the papers... I don't care about any of that sh**." #HoehnTrial

DoG04s0UwAAhrO5.jpg

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 5m5 minutes ago
State is asking why Robinson never came forward when Crews was on trial back in February. He's continually asking why she didnt call the police, call the prosecutors, call anyone until now. Robinson says Youngreen is "throwing sh**" at her and is "pissing" her off. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 5m5 minutes ago
The State continues to ask why Robinson didn't come forward sooner.
Robinson: 'The way I see it, you're going to throw s*** at me already. I've just been keeping it in... You're just pissing me off.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 4m4 minutes ago
Robinson is now crying, swearing up a storm saying Younggren is judging her and not showing any empathy for her coming forward with the truth. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 3m3 minutes ago
Robinson said she told guards at prison a few weeks ago, no exact date given. The defense points out the prosecution's question about why she didn't come to police. Robinson says that you can't call the police from prison. #HoehnTrial

Robinson says that she told two guards at the prison about what Brooke Crews said to her. She says that one guard responded something along the lines, Let God handle it. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

The prosecution resumes questioning. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 2m2 minutes ago
Defense is now asking if Robinson told prison guards about it, she says she told multiple guards a few weeks ago. She says she doesn't have an access to call police or an attorney. She is saying it makes her "feel like sh**" knowing she is in the news. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 1m1 minute ago
Q: Now we've got to the heart of it... You wanted a transfer out of this (testifying in this trial).
Robinson: "I don't need anything out of it. I didn't even ask if you could." #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 5m5 minutes ago
Younggren: A transfer is what you’re looking for out of this, correct? Robinson: I don’t need anything out of it. I didn’t even ask. I just asked the lady if I should. Is this trial about me or about getting justice for #SavannaGreywind? #hoehntrial

Prosecution asks if a transfer is what she is looking for out of her actions to come testify. Robinson says she isn't. She says "is this trial about me or this trial about getting justice for Savanna?" #HoehnTrial

Robinson said Crews told her Hoehn was "shaking and crying" when he opened the bathroom door. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 4m4 minutes ago
Robinson says, 'I know that he didn't kill her.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Prosecution stops cross. The defense also rests their questioning. Robinson steps down from the stand. #HoehnTrial

The court will take a 10 minute break. #HoehnTrial

This is Hoehn's expression as Robinson yells out that she is here so Hoehn doesn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison for a crime he didn't do. #HoehnTrial

DoG3ORYVsAANFMq.jpg

We are in the midst of a 10 minute break, requested by the Defense to speak to Hoehn. #HoehnTrial

Younggren is back up. Robinson has another outburst: "Is this trial about me, or trying to find justice for Savanna?” #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 49s50 seconds ago
This is a delayed tweet from before the break. Slow internet connection here. Apologies. #HoehnTrial

What she said about Crews putting a rope around Savanna's neck, choking her, and dragging her in the bathroom to do the C-section makes more sense than Crews story about Savanna hitting her head in the bathroom and going unconscious. Crews was on a mission to do what she was going to do. Putting a rope around her neck and choking her would be a part of a plan. Hitting her head from a fall in the bathroom would not be a planned. This jury is going to have a difficult deliberation.

Hoehn describes his relationship as 'up and down' with Brooke Crews, to the point where he just had to get away and stayed with an ex-girlfriend for a little while. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 6m6 minutes ago
Hoehn is describing his relationship with Crews, and the December 2016 fight where he attempted to leave Crews. #HoehnTrial
DoG7EzoU0AAO1ax.jpg

Hoehn says that he returns to Crews when he finds out that she was pregnant. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 6m6 minutes ago
Hoehn said Crews sent him a fetal heart beat and an ultrasound picture that read in a sharpie pen, "Baby Hoehn's face." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 5m5 minutes ago
Hoehn describes looking into getting a studio apartment, when he got an email from Crews with the pregnancy test saying, "Is that blue enough or you?" #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 5m5 minutes ago
Hoehn said he "can't think of a person (he) didn't tell," about the baby. He said he really believed Crews was pregnant. #HoehnTrial

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 4m4 minutes ago
Hoehn: (Crews) showed me a pregnancy test and said "is that blue enough for you?" Goes on to say he did know she had her tubes tied but knew from talking to a doctor about a vasectomy in the past that years later, a person's body can reverse it. #hoehntrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 3m3 minutes ago
This is William Hoehn, as he describes how Brooke Crews faked her pregnancy. He says he was convinced that her tube tying procedure had somehow come undone. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

DoG7-6eVAAMhaDp.jpg

u Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 3m3 minutes ago
Hoehn on Brooke: "She was a really good arguer." #HoehnTrial

Defense is now asking Hoehn to clarify about this letter. Hoehn says he never even read the letter (from Aug. 7) that he didn't even know to look for it on their computer. Crews had testified this is how they would sometimes communicate. #HoehnTrial

DoG8KT3VsAUQRho.jpg

Hoehn: Brooke used to call me a lot of ugly things, 'a baby beater' and a 'piece of s***.' He says he would use this as ammunition during an arguments with her. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

The defense is taking Hoehn through a letter Crews wrote on their computer for him to find. He said he never found it or that he would have to look for it. #HoehnTrial

Q: Why did Brooke Crews call you a baby beater?
Hoehn: In 2011, I was taking care of my infant son. One morning, he was upset and I snapped. I put him down too hard on the changing table and he received a head fracture from it. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn said Brooke would call him a "baby beater" because of a former child abuse/neglect charge from 2011. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall on Twitter Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 3m3 minutes ago
Hoehn says he pleaded guilty to a child neglect charge, and 'that was a really easy thing for Brooke to show at me.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 2m2 minutes ago
Defense asks why Crews would call him a "baby beater." Hoehn says he plead guilty to a child abuse/neglect charge in 2011. He says he put his infant son down on the changing table "too hard" and he got a head fracture from it. He later brought his son to the hospital. #HoehnTrial

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 2m2 minutes ago
Daniel Bourgen (Hoehn's attorney): Why did Crews call you a baby beater? Hoehn: (getting emotional) Call me baby beater b/c in Jan. 2011, I was working overnights & taking care of my infant son. Woke up one morning, he was hungry. I snapped and out him down to hard. #hoehntrial

Hoehn said on Aug. 18, 2017 he and Brooke had an argument, because she was at "42 weeks" and overdue and discussed when they had to take her to a hospital. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn says that he had an argument with Brooke Crews on August 18th - Crews says that the conversation started when she said she was at 42 weeks. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn says that he never told Brooke Crews during the argument that she wasn't pregnant. This is different than what we heard from Brooke Crews. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn said he never told Brooke he didn't believe her to be pregnant, contradicting what Brooke testified to, saying he said something similar to it on an Aug. 6 argument. #HoehnTrial

The Defense is now asking William Hoehn about the day of August 19th, the day Savanna went missing. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

On Aug 19, a Saturday, Hoehn said he expected to work a full day. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn says he never told Crews that she didn't believe she was pregnant. He says he noticed physical changes in her, and that she would complain about pregnancy discomfort to him. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 46s46 seconds ago
Hoehn says that he walks in from work early, enters his door... Crews says, 'Will, I need you.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 44s44 seconds ago
Hoehn is describing coming home from work that day, #HoehnTrial

Hoehn said he walked in the living room, he didn't see Brooke or hear anything. Saw nothing in the kitchen. Said Brooke opened the bathroom door and Brooke said he heard the baby. He said he remembered feeling elated, that Brooke had the baby. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn says that he heard a baby sound and says he felt 'elated,' thinking that Brooke Crews had the baby while he was at work. That's when he saw Savanna lying on the floor in the bathroom. He said, 'What the *advertiser censored**?' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

He said he walked in the bathroom and saw Savanna lying on the floor. He said he said "What the f--?" Hoehn said Savanna wasn't breathing or moving, that she looked pale. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn says that when he first saw Savanna, she was not moving and had blue lips. It looked like she had eaten a piece of blue candy. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn says that Crews asked him for help, and he turned and walked out of the bathroom. Hoehn says he walked into the living room and thinking, 'Everything is over, our whole lives together.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn's voice is shaking. He says he heard a baby cry. He describes feeling elated, thinking Crews had her baby while he was at work. Then he walked in, describes Savanna as lying on the floor, being very pale, lips were blue. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn said he asked Brooke "who is this," and Brooke said it was Savanna and she "went and got her." He asked Brooke then if she was pregnant and that she said "I think so." #HoehnTrial

What she said about Crews putting a rope around Savanna's neck, choking her, and dragging her in the bathroom to do the C-section makes more sense than Crews story about Savanna hitting her head in the bathroom and going unconscious. Crews was on a mission to do what she was going to do. Putting a rope around her neck and choking her would be a part of a plan. Hitting her head from a fall in the bathroom would not be a planned. This jury is going to have a difficult deliberation.

If I remember correctly there was no evidence that Savanna hit her head. There were no head injuries that were consistent with what Crews testified to.

When Brooke asked for his help, Hoehns aid he did. That he helped Brooke clean up, something he said she already started doing when he came home. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn says that Brooke Crews asked for help with Savanna's body and cleaning up.

Hoehn describes how he took off his clothes so that he wouldn't get any blood on them. He then helped clean up blood in the bathroom.
#HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn describing what he saw when he got home Aug. 19: Brooke opened the bathroom door, asked for help. I walked in, a woman was lying on the floor, very pale, lips like she had a piece of blue candy. I didn’t see the incision immediately. #hoehntrial

Hoehn said he doesn't know where the rope around Savanna's neck came from, that it was there when he came to the apartment. #HoehnTrial

I hope this guy goes to prison for a long long time for his actions after Crews killed Savanna but I really don't think he had anything to do with the actual murder.

Hoehn says he doesn't know where the rope around Savanna's neck came from. He says that when he first saw the rope, it was already around Savanna's neck. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn said he left the bathroom, looked around their living room thinking, "It's over, our life together is over." He says Crews came out, and said, "I don't know what came over me." He then says he asked her if she was pregnant for the very first time. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn admits that he did use rope in his sex life with Brooke Crews. He would use a 'handcuff knot' during this type of bondage, which he says Brooke wanted to do in their relationship. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn says that they needed to put Savanna in something. They put her in trashbags and slid her into the bathroom closet.#HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn is turning, making eye contact with the jurors, as he describes helping Crews clean up the crime scene. "I helped lift her [Savanna] up as we placed the bag over her top and over her bottom," and repeated the process three times. #HoehnTrial

Hoehn says that the baby was wrapped in a towel, in a red mixing bowl, in the bathtub. This is the first moment William Hoehn says he saw Savanna's newborn. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn admits that he helped cover up Savanna's death. He says that after Savanna was put in the bathroom closet, she was then moved to the dresser, which would be something they could move out of the house that 'didn't look like a body.'#HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn said on Monday Aug 21, at 3 am., he and Crews moved the dresser into the jeep. Then they both went to a bridge and threw the dresser, with Savanna's body inside, over. #HoehnTrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back