GUILTY ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this guy goes to prison for a long long time for his actions after Crews killed Savanna but I really don't think he had anything to do with the actual murder.

I'm leaning that way too. I think there was enough time between Savannah going into the apartment and WH getting home from work for S to already be deceased.

Angeline McCall on Twitter
Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 13m13 minutes ago
Hoehn: We moved the dresser w/ Savanna's body out of the apartment, loaded it into the jeep. Hoehn says that he and Crews drove together to the Harwood Rd w/ the baby. 'We unloaded right at the end of the bridge, threw the dresser over the side of the bridge' #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula on Twitter
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 12m12 minutes ago
Crews testified that she wasn't with Hoehn when he took the dresser away. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY on Twitter
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 11m11 minutes ago
Hoehn says Crews actually helped him take the dresser down, and both of them AND the baby went out to Harwood. He said Crews helped him throw the dresser (with Savanna's body) out on the side of the bridge. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 9m9 minutes ago
Hoehn says that on Aug 23, he and Crews purchased diapers at Walmart. Hoehn says that he then hit someone, but then he drove off. Hoehn was then arrested that night. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 9m9 minutes ago
Hoehn is describing Walmart trip, saying he left the scene after the hit and run because he knew the registration was expired and wasn't sure if the vehicle had insurance. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 8m8 minutes ago
Hoehn said that he told detectives what Brooke told him to stay during his first police interview on Aug. 23, when he arrested on an unrelated warrant. He said Brooke told him to give them a timeline as well. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 8m8 minutes ago
Hoehn says that he and Brooke DID discuss the story they would tell police - which was that he walked into the apt, saw Savanna on the couch, got in the shower, and then a few minutes later.. Savanna left. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 7m7 minutes ago
Hoehn says Crews gave him the whole story he was supposed to tell police, even giving him times to tell him to back it up. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 6m6 minutes ago
Defense asks Hoehn why he didn't tell police the truth when he was arrested on Aug. 24. Hoehn says he was trying to protect Brooke, that he "didn't want to damage Brooke." #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 5m5 minutes ago
Hoehn says that he wasn't upfront with police ... 'I still wanted to protect her, to protect Brooke.' I wanted to be helpful, but 'I didn't want to damage Brooke.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 5m5 minutes ago
Hoehn said he didn't know Savanna well, that he could've told she was one of the Greywind children but couldn't pick her out. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 4m4 minutes ago
Defense asks why Hoehn didn't come out and tell investigators what happened . He said, "I still wanted to try and protect her. To protect Brooke. I wanted to be able to like tell them and be helpful, but I didn't want to damage Brooke." #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 3m3 minutes ago
Hoehn said Brooke made him "feel like the king of the world" when their relationship was good. He said when it was bad, it was really bad. #HoehnTrial

Defense rests. The prosecution will now start their cross-examination. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 2m2 minutes ago
Q: Did you have any agreement with Crews before you walked into the bathroom? Hoehn: "Absolutely not."
Q: When you walked into the bathroom, was Savanna still alive? Hoehn replies, that Savanna was already dead. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Danielle Church on Twitter
Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 2m2 minutes ago
Bourgen: Up until Aug. 19, did you ever have any agreement to murder Savanna? Hoehn: Absolutely not. #hoehntrial Bourgen says no further questions. Prosecution now cross examining Hoehn.

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 22m22 minutes ago
Defense: On August 19, was Savanna still alive?
Hoehn: No.
Defense: I have no further questions. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 20m20 minutes ago
State (Leah Viste) is now cross examining Hoehn. She is asking about the former family's he was a part of. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 18m18 minutes ago
The State is cross-examining William Hoehn.. Hoehn says that he supported Crews financially. Hoehn also says that Crews' main social circle was himself and her children. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 16m16 minutes ago
The State is pressing William Hoehn about Crews' fake pregnancy... Hoehn says that having a baby was 'exciting' for him and agrees that it represented a 'fresh start.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 16m16 minutes ago
State is asking if Hoehn was a part of the pregnancy, birthing process and doctors appointments in his prior relationship and children. He said yes. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 14m14 minutes ago
State is now showing this photo to the courtroom. She asks if he truly believed Crews was 42 weeks pregnant here. He says yes, he believed it. #HoehnTrial

DoHGVsMU0AAN-Uc.jpg

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 14m14 minutes ago
Q: You never insured that she (Brooke) was getting the care she needed as a pregnant? Hoehn: 'I would disagree with that statement'.. I didn't go to doc appt with Crews, but she seemed to be taking care of herself. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 11m11 minutes ago
The State is now bringing up Hoehn's previous police interviews and begins to point out how his story changed and how he contradicted himself during two different instances. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 10m10 minutes ago
Hoehn: 'I was breaking down' ... He says that he was still protecting Brooke, and couldn't bring himself to 'tell all' during the police interviews. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn says he felt like he could still protect Brooke during his second interview with police on Aug. 24, but that the dream of having a family with her was lost. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 7m7 minutes ago
The State is asking Hoehn about his interview with police after the baby was found. Comments he made to police, like, "Oh my gosh, is Brooke really this crazy? Did I drive her to this by leaving her?" The state says these comments don't sound like he "had her back." #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 4m4 minutes ago
Hoehn admits that his intent was to give the wrong impression when he spoke with law enforcement. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 3m3 minutes ago
Q: You're not a dumb man, are you? Hoehn replies that he's intelligent, but says he's not 'savvy' with the law, but has some experience with it. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 2m2 minutes ago
State: This isn't the first time you've had encounters with law enforcement, is it? You're not a dumb man, are you? Can you answer out loud?
Hoehn: "An intelligent man, yes I am." #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 2m2 minutes ago
Prosecution: You're not a dumb man are you?
Hoehn: I'm an intelligent man, yes.
Prosecution: You're pretty savvy about the law aren't you? (based on his prior run-ins with the law)
Hoehn: I wouldn't say that #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 13m13 minutes ago
The State asks if the baby made him feel like he had a family..
Hoehn disagrees, 'This whole thing was coming crashing down.' adding that there was a certain level of happiness or positive feelings, but I knew this whole thing was crashing down. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045338602174066688
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 12m12 minutes ago
Prosecution asks if Hoehn felt like a "happy family man" after Aug. 19, like he told police on Aug. 24. Hoehn said there was some level of positive feeling even if it was pretend, but he knew it was coming crashing down. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/sarahrudlang/status/1045339332259635200
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 9m9 minutes ago
State asks, "That baby made you happy. It made you feel like a family, didn't it?" Hoehn didn't answer. State repeats the question.
Hoehn: "... There was a certain level of happiness and positive feelings in seeing her [Crews] dream. I knew it was all crashing down." #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/amccallWDAY/status/1045339475310768128
The State is now going through police interviews, arguing that William Hoehn didn't follow the plan he and Crews had concocted. They're trying to prove that William Hoehn wasn't in fact protecting Brooke, but himself. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045339601949392897
Prosecution: you knew a lot more than you said you knew.
Hoehn: I did. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/sarahrudlang/status/1045339985501507584
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 6m6 minutes ago
Hoehn says he was torn between giving the Greywind family closure and protecting Brooke crews. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045340039318843394
Prosecution: you and Brooke would do anything for each other.
Hoehn: no there were boundaries.
Prosecution: but that didn't extend to telling a grieving family what happened? Hoehn: I tried to but couldn't bring myself to it. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/daniellejchurch/status/1045340218956689410
Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 5m5 minutes ago
Pros.: You’d do anything to make (Crews) happy?
Hoehn: We have boundaries.
Pros.: Boundaries didn’t include letting a family know where they’re daughter and granddaughter were?
Hoehn: I was working up to that. I wanted to give (the Greywind) family closure. #hoehntrial

https://twitter.com/sarahrudlang/status/1045340754736893952
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 3m3 minutes ago
The State showed a photo of Savanna's decomposing torso after she was pulled from the river. Hoehn side glances at screen, mostly avoids looking. #HoehnTrial

DoHL3yFUYAIDgzn.jpg

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045341690708586498
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 5m5 minutes ago
Hoehn said he came between 2:30 and 3 p.m., but doesn't believe he came home before 2:30. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045341946594693120
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 4m4 minutes ago
Hoehn said there was never any agreement between him and Brooke. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/amccallWDAY/status/1045342383557226496
William Hoehn thinks that he got home around 2.30-3pm. Other testimonies say it's more likely between 2-2.30... Hoehn admits that other testimonies make it 'more likely' that Savanna would still be alive. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

https://twitter.com/sarahrudlang/status/1045342436975923201
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 2m2 minutes ago
Hoehn: There was no agreement. [conspiracy]
State: That's the only thing you can deny now, isn't it?
Hoehn: No... #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/sarahrudlang/status/1045342611517501441
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 1m1 minute ago
Borgen (Defense) is now cross examining Hoehn again. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045342758314147841
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 50s51 seconds ago
The state rests its cross-examination. The defense resumes questioning. #HoehnTrial

https://twitter.com/amccallWDAY/status/1045342774315421698
Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 46s47 seconds ago
Hoehn 'freely admits' that he lied to police and covered up Savanna's death, during Dan Borgen's questions. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

https://twitter.com/raju_chaduvula/status/1045343068264812545
Hoehn said he was elated when he heard the baby, but was "horrified" when he saw the scene in the bathroom. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 6m6 minutes ago
Hoehn indicates that there was no medical reason to go to the doctor if a woman is pregnant, adding that women have had babies without going to the hospital. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 5m5 minutes ago
Defense: When you were asked if you were weren't stupid, you paused. Why? Hoehn: ... *voice cracking* "Cause obviously I've done some really stupid things. I've made some very dumb decisions." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 4m4 minutes ago
State is asking if he ever felt Crews' baby when she said she was pregnant. Ever listened to a heartbeat. He says he tried, but could never hear a heartbeat. #HoehnTrial

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 4m4 minutes ago
Hoehn tells the prosecution he made attempts to feel the baby in Crews. He says he never felt a heartbeat. Says he was never suspicious that his girlfriend was lying to him. #hoehntrial

Hoehn says that he tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat inside Brooke's belly - He says he could never hear it, even with a stethoscope. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Hoehn steps down. The defense will rest their case. #HoehnTrial

Defense says it rests. State is asking for a 5 minute break. Judge Olson grants 5 minutes. #HoehnTrial

Michael Vosburg on Twitter
Michael Vosburg‏ @michaelvosburg 2m2 minutes ago
William Hoehn testifies testifies Thursday, in William Hoehn’s trial for conspiracy to commit murder #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

DoHQNFaU8AIpkt-.jpg

Now that the Defense has rested their case, the State would like to bring back a rebuttal witness. State, Defense and Judge Olson are meeting privately. We don't know who the rebuttal witness is that the State is trying to bring back. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 7m7 minutes ago
The State is not bringing back any witnesses. It's now time to for closing arguments. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 6m6 minutes ago
Jury is seated. State has decided to rest. Judge Olson says closing statements will begin at 1:00 with an early lunch happening now. #HoehnTrial

We're taking a lunch break and will be back at 1pm. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

There will be an early lunch break. The jury will resume about 1 pm, at which time they will be given instructions and closing arguments will take place. #HoehnTrial

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 6m6 minutes ago
#JUSTIN: Defense and state both rest their cases. Trial will take a lunch break and be back at 1:00 for closing arguments. #hoehntrial

The jury has left, State and Defense remain. Judge Olson just announced that they "lost a juror." Apparently due to an illness, according to Borgen. They will use an alternate. #hoehnTrial

Borgen just motioned for a mistrial. Judge Olson just denied that. #HoehnTrial

The defense made a motion for both a mistrial and Rule 29 motion, saying the prosecution wasn't able to prove its case. Both motions were denied. #HoehnTrial

Michael Vosburg‏ @michaelvosburg 8m8 minutes ago
William Hoehn testifies testifies Thursday, in his trial for conspiracy to commit murder #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

DoHVXeUU4AAsBJ4.jpg

Last edited:
Leah Viste with the prosecution will make the State's closing argument. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 1m1 minute ago
Closing arguments are now beginning. Leah Viste addresses the jury for the State. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 58s58 seconds ago
State: Most would leave it in God's hands. But that was not the case for William Hoehn and Brooke Crews- "They were willing to murder, they made a plan and they carried it out." #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

State: "You are going to have to do some work to get to the truth" - There is no contract, no blue print, or voicemail. The agreement in this case comes from two people is so steeped in dysfunction that the police had to be called multiple times. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 41s42 seconds ago
Viste: only three people know exactly what happened in that apartment. One of them won't be able to tell that story. #HoehnTrial

State: Only 3 people know what happened in Apartment #5 on Aug 19, 2017 .. Only one person could tell us the truth. The other two have told us a 'variety of stories.' They lied and lied - 'Maybe they are still lying now.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Last edited:
Leah Viste is now going through the concrete facts... and specifically focusing on how both Hoehn and Crews acted completely calm when PD searches the apt. #hoehntrial #savannagreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 56s56 seconds ago
The State continues... saying that besides the facts, How do you fill in the gaps? Leah Viste says that you must fill in the gaps with what makes logical sense. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywins

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 54s54 seconds ago
Viste is taking the jury through a timeline of events and facts they know to be true. Viste says there are some empty spaces in the timeline that should be "filled in with that which makes sense." #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 29s29 seconds ago
Viste tells the jury: "you're going to have to do some work" to get to the truth. #HoehnTrial

State: You’re going to have to decide if you believe Brooke Crews about Hoehn commenting on the fact that she’s not pregnant, vs William Hoehn’s account. #hoehntrial #SavannaGreywind

State: William Hoehn’s reactions shows a man who was ‘ready to go’ and finish it. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Viste on what Hoehn did in the apartment: "these are the actions of a man who was ready to go and knew what was going on." #HoehnTrial

State: We know that the process of an out of hospital c-section would have been ‘horrific.’ He didn’t check, he didn’t know if Savanna was alive. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

State: ‘Would one woman be able to do this completely on her own?’ #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

State: The only person he was covering up was himself. And what did he do? "Lie, lie, lie." #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

State: They took the baby to Walmart... They were just living the life of a family. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

State: The only thing he can do now is "deny" that he encouraged it, planned it and agreed for it to happen. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Last edited:
Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 37s38 seconds ago
State: "To do an act like this is so heinous, so evil"... You have a body and a baby in your house. 'What kind of person do you have to be'? #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Viste: the state submits that "all the elements of the plan were there and they were being realized," even without a written contract or blueprint. #HoehnTrial

State: "To get to the truth in this matter, you are going to have to do work & decide what is logical & the facts. You're going to have to look at the totality of what you heard.. I submit to you that all the elements of a plan were there.' #HoehnTrial.

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 1m1 minute ago
Viste: Hoehn "saw one of the most gruesome scenes imaginable and he jumped right in there." #HoehnTrial

Last edited:
The defense will now present its closing argument. #HoehnTrial

The Defense, Attorney Dan Borgen, will now begin closing arguments. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

The Defense: What we have to keep in mind is that you can't enter a conspiracy to kill someone who had already passed away. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 8m8 minutes ago
Hoehn's attorney Daniel Borgen: Shows the jury new evidence -- the rope with three knots in it wrapped around Greywind's neck -- matching a bathroom robe tie Crews knotted in three different spots. It was found in her kitchen. #hoehntrial

Defense: You get caught in the details.. you can't trust anything she (Brooke Crews) said. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Defense on testimony from Brooke Crews: "It's the little details that tell you can't trust anything she says." #HoehnTrial

Defense: They are asking you to convict someone who is a very skilled liar to 'take her (Brooke) word' that there was a conspiracy. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Defense: I submit that that you return a verdict of not guilty. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

I think it's going to be hard to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of conspiracy to commit murder. I don't think the prosecution proved their case.
In closing arguments, I expected the defense to emphasize the words 'reasonable doubt' at least a couple of times when asking for a verdict of not guilty. I have a lot of doubt.

Danielle Church‏ @daniellejchurch 3m3 minutes ago
Judge Olson tells jurors they will now begin deliberating for a verdict. #HoehnTrial

The jury has been discharged to deliberate the case. #HoehnTrial

Jury deliberation begins now - It is exactly 3pm. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Michael Vosburg‏ @michaelvosburg 47s47 seconds ago
Daniel Borgen makes closing arguments for the defense Thursday during William Hoehn’s trial for conspiracy to commit murder #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

DoIE-4lU4AAcN7t.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back