GUILTY ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's already pleaded guilty to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to authorities.
In North Dakota: kidnapping is a class A felony unless the actor voluntarily releases the victim alive and in a safe place prior to trial, in which case it is a class B felony. A maximum penalty of twenty years’ imprisonment, a fine of ten thousand dollars, or both, may be imposed for Class A felony and a maximum penalty of ten years’ imprisonment, a fine of ten thousand dollars, or both, may be imposed for class B felony[ii].
If he's found not guilty of the current charge, it looks like he may get out in 10 years at the most.
Not nearly enough for his participation.

I agree Emi. I just cant see 1 person subduing, maintaining control, keeping Savanna silenced, performing a C section quick enough that baby is not deprived of oxygen etc. etc. Seems like a lot for 1 person. IMO
If Crews strangled Savanna and dragged her into the bathroom unconscious, she would have had absolute control over her. If she did the C-section in the 3 minutes she claimed it took, it would have been long over when he got home.
Since we know what time Savanna went to the apt and what time he got home, I think she bled to death before he ever got there. JMO
Even Crews doesn't claim he held her down or restrained her while she did the C-section. She claims he strangled her AFTER the C-section to make sure she was dead.

He's already pleaded guilty to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to authorities.
In North Dakota: kidnapping is a class A felony unless the actor voluntarily releases the victim alive and in a safe place prior to trial, in which case it is a class B felony. A maximum penalty of twenty years’ imprisonment, a fine of ten thousand dollars, or both, may be imposed for Class A felony and a maximum penalty of ten years’ imprisonment, a fine of ten thousand dollars, or both, may be imposed for class B felony[ii].
If he's found not guilty of the current charge, it looks like he may get out in 10 years at the most.
Not nearly enough for his participation.

I agree. Conspiracy or not, 10 years is not enough.

It just seems to me that if conspired to kidnap Savanna and take the baby, he wouldn't have gone to work that day during the time that it was done. He would have been in the apt to help her commit the crime--make sure Savanna didn't try to get away, or scream, or struggle.

Honestly, I do believe there was an unspoken/implied conspiracy. I just think it will be hard for the jury to come back with a guilty verdict. WH may not have known it was happening that day, but his behavior afterwards sure seems like he was ready for it. JMO

Honestly, I do believe there was an unspoken/implied conspiracy. I just think it will be hard for the jury to come back with a guilty verdict. WH may not have known it was happening that day, but his behavior afterwards sure seems like he was ready for it. JMO

I agree. I think they had conversations previously. Maybe they didn't have the exact day planned, but they discussed it.
jmo

Just like one year with 235 days suspended for smashing the scull of his infant son a few years ago was not enough.

He claimed he put him down too hard on a changing table and was impatient because he was tired. The changing table must have been made of concrete to cause multiple scull fractures. Who believes that?

He's a dangerous, violent man who has no conscience.

How could he lie on the bed with the baby wrapped up on the bed next to him with the police standing there and be cool as a cucumber? So much so that the police had no idea the baby was RIGHT THERE.

Too bad they didn't lay some more charges on him, like 'abuse of a corpse', just so they could add a few more years on to what he's already pleaded guilty to and run the sentences consecutively.

Inmate says Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind's killer confided in her while in prison - NY Daily News

Jennifer Robinson told jurors on the eighth day of his murder trial that Hoehn played no part in killing Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, 22, in August 2017.

She testified that Crews confided in her while the pair was in prison together, confessing that she alone “choked Savanna with a rope, drug her into the bathroom,” performed a cesarean section on the woman and later cleaned up the mess, Inforum reported.

Just like one year with 235 days suspended for smashing the scull of his infant son a few years ago was not enough.

He claimed he put him down too hard on a changing table and was impatient because he was tired. The changing table must have been made of concrete to cause multiple scull fractures. Who believes that?

He's a dangerous, violent man who has no conscience.

How could he lie on the bed with the baby wrapped up on the bed next to him with the police standing there and be cool as a cucumber? So much so that the police had no idea the baby was RIGHT THERE.

Too bad they didn't lay some more charges on him, like 'abuse of a corpse', just so they could add a few more years on to what he's already pleaded guilty to and run the sentences consecutively.

He shouldn't know what freedom is.
jmo

If Crews strangled Savanna and dragged her into the bathroom unconscious, she would have had absolute control over her. If she did the C-section in the 3 minutes she claimed it took, it would have been long over when he got home.
Since we know what time Savanna went to the apt and what time he got home, I think she bled to death before he ever got there. JMO
Even Crews doesn't claim he held her down or restrained her while she did the C-section. She claims he strangled her AFTER the C-section to make sure she was dead.

Well, if he strangled someone to “make sure she was dead” (even if she already was), that’s conspiracy to commit murder. Premeditation can be formed in an instant.

Well, if he strangled someone to “make sure she was dead” (even if she already was), that’s conspiracy to commit murder. Premeditation can be formed in an instant.
The key word is 'if'.

JMO but I don't think he did. I think the killer Crews put that rope around her neck to render her unconscious and drag her into the bathroom.

If he wanted to make sure she was dead, all he had to do is check for a pulse. No need to go get a rope and put it around her neck.

I think she was clearly dead when he got home.

Crews said the C-section occurred fairly quickly after Savanna arrived in the apt. He didn't get home until about an hour later.

I'm going to have to agree with Rocco!

So - didn't read any tweets that said the jurors will be back today? Probably, eh?! :)

I'm going to say they come to a decision today Friday, after lunch.

Friday, Sept. 28th:
*Trial continues-VERDICT WATCH! (Day 9) (@ 8:30am CT) - ND - Savanna Marie LaFontaine-Greywind (22) (Aug. 19, 2017) - William Henry Hoehn (32) indicted (8/19/17) with conspiracy to commit murder (Class AA Felony). Plead not guilty. $2M cash bond. Plead guilty (9/4/18) to conspiracy to commit kidnapping (Class A Felony) & giving false info to LE (Class A Misdemeanor).
Skipping Days 1 thru 7.
9/27/18 Update Day 8: The attorneys & Judge Olson go over jury instructions & other procedural matters.
Motions heard: The State & Defense are disputing "conspiracy." Defense is saying the state needs to show beyond a reasonable doubt that Savanna was alive before Hoehn entered the apartment. He's saying there's no evidence of a "meeting of the minds" before Aug. 19. The state is saying that there was an "implicit" agreement between Hoehn & Brooke before Aug. 19, based on testimony given during the trial. Judge Olson: Ruled in favor in the state on some jury instructions about this argument. Defense is asking for a continuance, saying that he was not able to contact witness [Jennifer Robinson]. Judge denied that. Defense says they haven't "made the determination" if Hoehn will testify, because they want to wait for Ms. Robinson.
Witnesses: Defense calls Jennifer Robinson, a fellow inmate of Crew's. William Hoehn next witness. Defense rests. No rebuttal witnesses from the State. Closing arguments started after lunch. Another sick juror. Replaced with alternate. Defense made a motion for both a mistrial & Rule 29 motion, saying the prosecution wasn't able to prove its case. Both motions were denied.
Closing arguments. Judge gives instructions to jurors. The jury starts deliberations at 3pm CT. Jurors stopped deliberations at 4:45pm CT. 1 hour 45 mins. Back on 9/28.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back