ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random speculation -- when LE encounters someone like CTI (by which I mean someone apparently capable of extreme violence with no apparent motive), I wonder if they then peruse their cold cases looking for crimes he might have committed in the past.

It occurred to me that perhaps one of the reasons for some of his odd behavior (knife in the washer, gun parts in freezer, etc) could be because he did it before and it worked for him (ie he got away with whatever he did).

MOO
But why not use the previous murder weapon. ?? A man has only so much money to spend on guns.... There was half arsed evidence given that sales box for the Ruger LCR revolver was found during the search of the mobile home - this is the sort of box that gets tossed out between moves.

No photographic evidence was even given for this finding - pretty slack really. Perhaps the police took it in their evidence collection ?

As for the knife in the washer - the obvious thing is he looked out the window of the mobile home and saw uniformed cops making photos (they saw him observing them making the photos of the pick up truck - it was documented during the trial ) ... so he rushes around in desperation looking or hiding places - intending to move stuff once the police have moved away. But he never had the chance to do so - there was a police take down only a few hrs later on the road into Washburn . That's my take on how the knife got there.

Kidon G

Last edited:
@KidonGadol I was watching CTV and they had a snippet of the prosecutors PC. She said they were investigating tips that came in even during the trial, so I bet what you sent to them got looked at.

Herewith is the more significant idea that went to BCI via email - ...
Bismarck ND 58501-5044
Fax: 701-328-6185
Email: rquinn@nd.gov

quote :
as sent to the Bismark police 8 hrs ago WRT the RJR Maintenance, quad Killings in April 2019
=================================================================
Possible blood data avail from frame of suspect Ruger found with Chad Isaak of Washburn.

NB there was a wrap around polymer grip in place at time of shooting. It cannot be stated for sure that the blood came in contact with the spring I refer to. But if it did there may be some wedged under it ie in spring-frame crevice.

If Bismark PD don't get off their *advertiser censored* and get things moving with a trial running as of time of this email it might be too late

"Arnie at the BCI " knows where all the metal bits are - or he should.

Note to forensic examiners Mandan ND quad murder 1st April 2019 - REVOLVER SUBFRAME ASSLY IN EVIDENCE - that silver round thing on the back strap of the gun frame (Ruger LCR/LCRx ) is a swage rivet. It appears to be swaging a recoil buffer strip of spring steel to the frame. Between the alloy frame and the rivet there may be an accumulation of dried material - it's a thin gap. Blood may have gone there. If the blood was there for more than a few hrs, then rust production expansion may have sealed the area to later bleaching. I'd suggest to disconnect the spring steel further down the frame and then using a universal tensile test machine : grip the strip in a jig and slowly peal the entire strip off and do a micro swab for DNA underneath. take care that a mix of Fe-rust products and old blood could flake out at a microscopic level.

Test also for the presence of Hypochorate Bleach decay products, being NaCL and NaOH. This could be the justification for the late test - nobody knows if this gun part assly has been bleached or not. The detective from BCI who found it thinks that - yes it is but nobody has proven it.

(This can be used as a justification for the extra testing).

This is a long shot, but it will at least clear up the gun bleaching allegation I believe and it may in fact yield more evidence gold than that. Given where the trial is just now, at if this is to happen it will need to be expedited.

see att photo of gun parts in question.https://www.facebook.com/messenger_...message_id=mid.$cAAGIVl1SlM-BfjLfOV7TO2d4-AID

Do not under any circumstances use a grinder to remove that rivet - the heat could damage micro DNA samples (FYI I have done and have in the past been certified for forensic UT and Xray for industrial research reasons) but not cop reasons.

end of quote.

I have no idea whether this was looked at or will be looked at - there may be an appeal so it would be damn good idea to find out definitely if there are materials lodged under that recoil buffer spring. It is NOT the main spring, which is a standard helical coil spring and lives further int the frame .

KG

But why not use the previous murder weapon. ?? A man has only so much money to spend on guns.... There was half arsed evidence given that sales box for the Ruger LCR revolver was found during the search of the mobile home - this is the sort of box that gets tossed out between moves.

No photographic evidence was even given for this finding - pretty slack really. Perhaps the police took it in their evidence collection ?

As for the knife in the washer - the obvious thing is he looked out the window of the mobile home and saw uniformed cops making photos (they saw him observing them making the photos of the pick up truck - it was documented during the trial ) ... so he rushes around in desperation looking or hiding places - intending to move stuff once the police have moved away. But he never had the chance to do so - there was a police take down only a few hrs later on the road into Washburn . That's my take on how the knife got there.

Kidon G

My comment did not involve any speculation about whether the specific weapons might or might not have been used during any previous crimes. Not sure what you're reading into it that leads to that.

My only reference to the gun and the knife is that he did "odd" or "unusual" things with them, and it occurred to me that if he had done those things before and not been caught, that could have factored into why those odd things were done in this case. That's all I meant.

Does anyone happen to have any pictures/screen grabs from videos or evidence submissions showing the mask worn during the crimes? Does there happen to be a place in this forum where just evidence exhibits are uploaded and I’m missing it? If you have any could you please post them or link me? Thank you!

What are you all thinking in terms of motive?

If Isaak ever admits guilt, do you think he will explain why he did it?

Possible hired hun? Etc.

What are you all thinking in terms of motive?

If Isaak ever admits guilt, do you think he will explain why he did it?

Possible hired hun? Etc.
He will never admit guilt. Never ever! He is still seething about being caught and adding future victims to his injustice list.

He is an injustice collector and I know first hand that there is no rhyme or reason to an injustice collector's logic <modsnip: Please don't circumvent WS board profanity filters> that no human with normal brain synopsis can understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will never admit guilt. Never ever! He is still seething about being caught and adding future victims to his injustice list.

He is an injustice collector and I know first hand that there is no rhyme or reason to an injustice collector's logic <modsnip: Please don't circumvent WS board profanity filters> that no human with normal brain synopsis can understand.

If he did do it….using his own vehicle was beyond crazy.

That was his one and only mistake…the catalyst for him becoming a suspect.

Without that…he’d have gotten away with it, 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:

He did not expect them to track his "on foot" self back to that parking lot. Guess what...sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men are thwarted by a higher power. He needed to be stopped. 4 people were shot and stabbed to death. Just imagine what would have happened if he was set free. Every one of the people that testified against him would have been in his crosshairs and he would have learned from his mistakes on the next go around.

The McDonalds worker spotting him was instrumental in them arresting Isaak so quickly. And it's crazy how the guy from Big O Tire checked previous surveillance video and found him doing a trial run. That was something we didn't learn about until the trial.
ETA, and how could I forget the deputy who was a patient of CIs'

Last edited:
He did not expect them to track his "on foot" self back to that parking lot. Guess what...sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men are thwarted by a higher power. He needed to be stopped. 4 people were shot and stabbed to death. Just imagine what would have happened if he was set free. Every one of the people that testified against him would have been in his crosshairs and he would have learned from his mistakes on the next go around.

Risking your vehicle being captured ANYWHERE within miles of the crime scene via CCTV, Road Traffic camera etc is extremely stupid.

The McDonalds worker spotting him was instrumental in them arresting Isaak so quickly. And it's crazy how the guy from Big O Tire checked previous surveillance video and found him doing a trial run. That was something we didn't learn about until the trial.
ETA, and how could I forget the deputy who was a patient of CIs'

True…although without the white truck being able to be linked to him…he could have been literally anybody.

I live in a very small rural town and people more or less identify each other by the vehicles they drive. Several people I know bought a white Dodge Ram pickup specifically because there are already several of them around, so they will be less conspicuous. Others enjoy having a unique and easily recognized vehicle. There are also jokes about being careful when you buy a used vehicle from a neighbor, because for a long time you'll get their friends waving as you drive past, until enough people learn that's now your car and no longer the previous owner's.

Point being, he didn't sufficiently factor in how easily identified his own vehicle would be, especially in a town where he is known. MOO

Indeed... and that is why the killers in the Markel case 2014 Tallahassee used a hired Prius..they even blasted a hole in the passenger footwell with a 38 SPL in a test shot (Sig Garcia) and the rental place in Miami never picked up the damage (seems they were not cleaned regularly).

Rental vehicles with few exceptions have NO sticker on them ID'ing them as rental (well not in Aust and Nz) so it is not that easy to trace a rental back just from general observation and if you have the number plate of a private car you have the owner. If you have the plate of rental you only have the rental vehi. owner .

If Old Chad boy cleaned his car regularly and got the rust painted over he would basically never have been picked up - the McD worker might have fingered him but I don't think she mentioned rust.

Now , Y'all be listn'n to Yurn. Momma.. when she says..

"Chile .. yourn pickup is filthy.. you giwen to wash that truck this Very af'noon."

Y'all take some heed.

or it could lead to this.

KG

Last edited:
RJR starts new chapter in healing after Chad Isaak guilty verdict

8/20/21

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - Many have been waiting more than two years for a resolution to the RJR Maintenance and Management murders in Mandan, and most especially the families and co-workers of the victims.

The owner of RJR and her workers are starting a new chapter in the healing process.

As a bookend to the years-long process they found themselves in, RJR brought their coworkers and families to the place where it all started: the business.

Surrounded by family and friends and pictures of those they lost, the RJR team gathered for the first time following the verdict. RJR owner Jackie Fakler spoke on behalf of the company.

”The pain we feel didn’t start with this trial, nor will it end with it. The verdict in the courtroom cannot break the loved ones missing in our lives,” Fakler said.

Video at link.

Guilty: Isaak convicted of killing 4 at RJR

8/20/21

Assistant Morton County State’s Attorney Gabrielle Goter during her closing argument to the jury on Thursday said the killer acted alone, wore blaze orange clothing as though he was going hunting and kept the spent shell casings as trophies. She said the DNA, clothing fiber and video evidence all pointed to Isaak, who had no alibi the morning of the slayings.

Goter at a post-trial press conference Friday said she was confident in the case even before Isaak’s house was searched.

“For me, when we found all those items in his house, yeah, that was a turning point,” she said, adding that it’s rare to find that level of evidence and it’s why Isaak was charged the following day.

[..]

Defense attorney Bruce Quick during his closing argument Thursday maintained that the case was one of “confirmation bias” -- that authorities three days after the slaying concluded Isaak was the killer and focused only on him after that, looking for things that fit their theory.

He said authorities might have overlooked or ignored numerous other potential suspects, including angry tenants, the ex-husband of a woman with whom Robert Fakler had had a longtime affair, and members of a motorcycle gang kicked out of an RJR shop party.

[..]

He touted Isaak’s clean military record as a former Navy medic and his lack of any criminal history. He noted that the prosecution also showed no motive for Isaak to kill four people.

Walstad said there is information about Isaak that was not considered during the trial, that could come out in the presentence investigation.

"There's a great deal to be said," Walstad said. "Chad Isaak is 47 years old. Like all of us, he's lived every day of those 47 years. There's a great deal that has happened in his life and things to consider. The vast majority of this case -- that was not what this was about. There's a lot of information that must be considered in sentencing."

[..]

Thomas Fakler expressed empathy for Isaak's family, who he said was "very kind" throughout the trial.

"They essentially lost a son today, too, to prison, so it’s not easy," he said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member