ND - Steven Riley Jr., 51, girlfriend accused of fatally poisoning him with antifreeze hours after he received $30 million inheritance, Minot, 5 Sep 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score

Steven Edward Riley Jr. -- a 51-year-old man from Minot, North Dakota -- died suddenly early last month on Sept. 5 at a hospital in the state capital of Bismarck...authorities determined that Riley’s cause of death was poisoning and his surviving girlfriend, 47-year-old Ina Thea Kenoyer was arrested and charged in October.
She is charged with Class AA Felony Murder and is being held at the Ward County Jail.

Authorities said there were “financial motives.”

The investigation is ongoing.

Kenoyer, 47, has been charged with AA felony murder, the most severe murder charge in North Dakota. She told investigators that she was entitled to some of Riley's inheritance as his common-law wife and planned to split the money, which she estimated to be about $30 million, with his son, the records show

1698781963983.jpeg

Last edited:
Steven Riley Jr., 51, became ill when he met with a lawyer Sept. 3 to get the money, witnesses told investigators, according to Minot Police Department records. The girlfriend, Ina Thea Kenoyer, called 911 the next day, and paramedics found Riley unresponsive. He was hospitalized and died Sept. 5.
[snip]
She told investigators that she was entitled to some of Riley’s inheritance as his common-law wife and planned to split the money, which she estimated to be about $30 million, with his son, the records show.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...5bb7a0-7821-11ee-97dd-7a173b1bd730_story.html

What effect does antifreeze have on the human body?

As your body continues to break down the antifreeze over the next several hours, the chemical can interfere with your kidney, lung, brain, and nervous system function. Organ damage can occur 24 to 72 hours after ingestion. You may also develop: rapid breathing.

That poor man must have suffered

Kenoyer, 47, has been charged with AA felony murder, the most severe murder charge in North Dakota. She told investigators that she was entitled to some of Riley's inheritance as his common-law wife and planned to split the money, which she estimated to be about $30 million, with his son, the records show

View attachment 457291
Awful, painful death for poor Steven !
Just had to ask ; What did he ever see in her ?
She looks angry and bitter. I realize this is after the fact.
(Paraphrased from the link) : "...planned to split the money ... with his son..."
Hmmm.
Wonder if anyone else was involved ?
Omo.

Rest in peace, Steven !

(Paraphrased from the link) : "...planned to split the money ... with his son..."
Hmmm.
Omo.

Rest in peace, Steven !
My thoughts exactly…

*get this:
She is being held without bond at the Ward County Detention Center and is representing herself, court records show.

Hmmm.
Omo.

Rest in peace, Steven !
ND laws of intestacy and those that do not recognize common law marriage in ND say her plan wasn't going to work anyway. She's no lawyer, isn't even aware that common law marriage isn't recognized.

She informed detectives she was going to take half and give rest to his son. As if she were a surviving spouse of a person who died with no will. Nope, wrong state lady.

Friends of the boyfriend then began to report to the police that they believed Kenoyer had poisoned him, as she had made comments about poisoning him with antifreeze in the past.

A search warrant was then conducted on Kenoyer and her boyfriend’s residence which resulted in investigators finding an old Windex bottle without a cap that contained a bright green liquid in the living room. A glass Coors Light bottle and a plastic mug both containing the same liquid were found in the garage. The liquid was suspected to be antifreeze.

Kenoyer became upset when investigators told her that in North Dakota they do not recognize common-law marriage and that she would not be entitled to any of the money.

She then began to provide scenarios of how her boyfriend could have potentially ingested antifreeze, like if his cigarette fell into the antifreeze in the garage and then he smoked it.

ND laws of intestacy and those that do not recognize common law marriage in ND say her plan wasn't going to work anyway. She's no lawyer, isn't even aware that common law marriage isn't recognized.

She informed detectives she was going to take half and give rest to his son. As if she were a surviving spouse of a person who died with no will. Nope, wrong state lady.

Even in many places where common law marriage is recognized, inheritances do not become joint property.

His life was about to change for the better in a major way, but before he can start down that path, his psycho "wife" poisons him. Instead of enjoying a new life, he dies a slow and horrible death.

Last edited:
His life was about to change for the better in a major way, but before he can start down that path, his psycho "wife" poisons him. Instead of enjoying a new life, he dies a slow and horrible death.
yeah, see, I'm trying not to laugh because an innocent man died horrifically for no reason. And this post is helping me ground myself there.

But also, holy cow, this lady is the stupidest a-hole I think I've ever heard of.

What the heck kind of inheritance is $30M? That’s insane.

(Making up this scenario because all the news sites are lacking details) I bet she must have been beside herself. Staying with him all the years while he’s poor and then he’s going to be fantastically rich and the first item on his to do list is to give her the boot. Not really thinking out her plan or taking any clues from Snapped/ Dateline, she took matters into her own hands minutes after the money was wired to his bank.

She deserves to be in prison for just being dumb.

What the heck kind of inheritance is $30M? That’s insane.

(Making up this scenario because all the news sites are lacking details) I bet she must have been beside herself. Staying with him all the years while he’s poor and then he’s going to be fantastically rich and the first item on his to do list is to give her the boot. Not really thinking out her plan or taking any clues from Snapped/ Dateline, she took matters into her own hands minutes after the money was wired to his bank.

She deserves to be in prison for just being dumb.
Being dumb is not a crime. Murder is a crime.

Friends of the boyfriend then began to report to the police that they believed Kenoyer had poisoned him, as she had made comments about poisoning him with antifreeze in the past.

A search warrant was then conducted on Kenoyer and her boyfriend’s residence which resulted in investigators finding an old Windex bottle without a cap that contained a bright green liquid in the living room. A glass Coors Light bottle and a plastic mug both containing the same liquid were found in the garage. The liquid was suspected to be antifreeze.

Kenoyer became upset when investigators told her that in North Dakota they do not recognize common-law marriage and that she would not be entitled to any of the money.

She then began to provide scenarios of how her boyfriend could have potentially ingested antifreeze, like if his cigarette fell into the antifreeze in the garage and then he smoked it.
a real brain trust this one. I hope the court assigned her a PD that is overqualified in order to counteract her complete lack of qualifications to represent herself.

Not only is she a possible murderer, she is also is not one for a brain trust, IMHO. Defending herself -- surely a judge will have a little chat with her...
That poor man -- how agonizing his last hours must have been.
Just plain cruel and greedy on her side, if indeed she did this to him.

A bit about Minot, ND - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Minot is a city in North Dakota, known for being home to Minot Air Force Base. The city's rich aviation history is explored through memorabilia and aircraft at the Dakota Territory Air Museum. On the banks of the Souris River, Roosevelt Park Zoo is home to bears and big cats, plus many birds. The Scandinavian Heritage Park honors the area's immigrant history with replicas of traditional houses and a wooden church. ― Google
Population: 47,789 (2021)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735
Back