ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not bring the hounds in at the RV place and work backwards?

Hang on I'm going to look at the water as it relates to that RV place.

Question to all: If you were holding on to something REALLY incriminating, how long would you wait before you threw it out the window?

You'd throw it out the first opportunity right?
BBM
I think it depends on the chances of being caught with it immediately. If I drove carefully so I didn't get stopped and had no warrants out on me or anything, I'd probably wait until I got to a place not likely to have any witnesses. If I was nervous about getting caught immediately, I'd probably toss it into the first place I came to that looked like it would keep it hidden.

OK so here it is, because I'm never going to get to Fargo to look for that shoe, although if I DID I'd find it. (I'm confident like that).

Years ago after two toddlers went missing and drown in a pond near where I live, I invented or developed an idea for finding people or items that are on the ground.

*). This application works perfectly because it doesn't require the victim to do anything. So autistic people, Alzheimer's, dementia, drunk, passed out, knocked unconscious ect...

*). Most searches end at night, but with this application as soon as darkness falls, this is perfect time. You need it to be dark and the darker the better.

*). In the southern states, scorpion hunters and people interested in certain fluorescent gem stones use a very large Ultra violet light. They wait until dark and shine these lights out and these items GLOW in the dark naturally.

*). Our modern clothing and laundry detergents make our clothes and shoes glow the same way.

When I developed this, I had my children go lay in the grass at night while I looked for them with this UV light and it works PERFECTLY. It's actually fairly amazing how well it works.

When you are using your human eye and a flashlight, your brain needs to sort through everything that you are seeing. It's very easy to misinterpret or overlook something. Especially as searchers begin to tire.

But with the UV light, these items absolutely JUMP out at you.

So extrapolate this further: Imagine trying to search for a white shoe? Well it would absolutely be a piece of cake to drive along, or float along in a boat and shine this UV light in the ditches, fields, river, alley, under bushes ect...ect...

These UV spot lights are readily available for purchase at a very reasonable price on the internet.

Take the other shoe, and a scent hound, narrow down your search area. Ask yourself, how far can someone physically throw a shoe? 100 yards? Wait for night and shine that light.

Some news I read today would definitely help find the shoe and or the phone. A drone was developed at UND and given to the GFPD. Someone just explained how it works to me. You give the drone several pictures of what you're looking for. Then it scans a broad area and gives you the results of images like the one you've programed into it and where those images are located. What do you think IBSleuthin?

BBM
I think it depends on the chances of being caught with it immediately. If I drove carefully so I didn't get stopped and had no warrants out on me or anything, I'd probably wait until I got to a place not likely to have any witnesses. If I was nervous about getting caught immediately, I'd probably toss it into the first place I came to that looked like it would keep it hidden.

Here's a hot potato:

What if you got stopped by police for a traffic stop? What would you do? Would you sit there? Or would you BOLT and drive like a freak through Fargo and get in an accident?

That's all I'm saying. Ok what I'm saying is that maybe that happened and someone needs to check into it further.

Some news I read today would definitely help find the shoe and or the phone. A drone was developed at UND and given to the GFPD. Someone just explained how it works to me. You give the drone several pictures of what you're looking for. Then it scans a broad area and gives you the results of images like the one you've programed into it and where those images are located. What do you think IBSleutin?

I think that is absolutely amazing. Wow.

P.S., 'IBsleutin' is a different activity altogether.

I think that is absolutely amazing. Wow.

P.S., 'IBsleutin' is a different activity altogether.

Hahahahahah---I CORRECTED it!! Do you want the link to the article about the drone?

Hahahahahah---I CORRECTED it!! Do you want the link to the article about the drone?

Yes absolutely! That's the thing, you know I approached our local fire department/ambulance crew with my UV light thing but they have already got an infared/heat device that can show where someone was laying in the grass which is much more effective at a crash scene.

My application would work better for searching after some time has passed.

Yes absolutely! That's the thing, you know I approached our local fire department/ambulance crew with my UV light thing but they have already got an infared/heat device that can show where someone was laying in the grass which is much more effective at a crash scene.

My application would work better for searching after some time has passed.

But a heat seeking device is useless if you're looking for a phone or a shoe.

But a heat seeking device is useless if you're looking for a phone or a shoe.

That is why I need you as a marketing director.

All joking aside, this is a serious application that in this particular instance could assist in finding the one item in particular.

I realize LE is probably thinking the search could be too vast, too much land to cover, but how do you know until you look? The shoe could be laying very near there.

Here's a hot potato:

What if you got stopped by police for a traffic stop? What would you do? Would you sit there? Or would you BOLT and drive like a freak through Fargo and get in an accident?

That's all I'm saying. Ok what I'm saying is that maybe that happened and someone needs to check into it further.

If the incriminating evidence was a dead body, I think I'd probably bolt! If it was somebody's shoe, I'd try to act as naturally as possible so he wouldn't feel the need to search my car. I'm obviously more cut out to be an armchair detective than a murdering criminal, I just don't have the energy to run these days. :whine:

That is why I need you as a marketing director.

All joking aside, this is a serious application that in this particular instance could assist in finding the one item in particular.

I realize LE is probably thinking the search could be too vast, too much land to cover, but how do you know until you look? The shoe could be laying very near there.

That's the beauty of the drone--it does the searching for you and can cover a large area.

I love Google Earth.

Just google earth that RV site and then zoom out to where TB was last seen. Consider the distance, and the amazing other possibilities they had to go where ever they wanted to.

Two major interstates dissect the town. So WHY Larry's RV. The direction of travel. The edge of town. This says a lot to me.

Also?? you locals have you seen the police in those fields there? How come they aren't in that field to the south west or in the field behind menards lookign for that shoe and that phone?

How are they so sure that it's not right there in practically plain sight?

Don't make me come down there.

I love Google Earth.

Just google earth that RV site and then zoom out to where TB was last seen. Consider the distance, and the amazing other possibilities they had to go where ever they wanted to.

Two major interstates dissect the town. So WHY Larry's RV. The direction of travel. The edge of town. This says a lot to me.

Also?? you locals have you seen the police in those fields there? How come they aren't in that field to the south west or in the field behind menards lookign for that shoe and that phone?

Don't make me come down there.

And why not request volunteers to help search the area for the shoe and phone and put together an organized search. Once the snow falls it's going to be too late.

I haven't been in that exact area too often the past week, but I have not noticed any police searches. Not saying there hasn't been any, just not that I'm aware of. The space you see directly west of Menards on google maps/Earth is now Sam's Club, but the large section west of that is wide open. There really isn't that much space behind Menards. There's a weird little pond that is fenced off and that's about it. I hope they searched that pond as it would be a convenient place to throw a phone! Or other evidence for that matter.

I can only think of two scenarios:

1. the person or persons who brought him there were familiar with the area either because they are from/live in Moorhead, or work in the industrial park.

2. the person or persons were freaking out with a dead body in the back of their car/truck and just pulled into this random business and ditched the body.

Either way, I have a feeling they wanted him to be found. Otherwise they easily could have brought his body out into the country.

My general theory as to the order of events is something like: the people(or single person, but it seems more likely that it was 2+) grabbed Tom off the street as he was walking back to his dorm. Kill him. Bring his body across the river into Moorhead. Dump body at Larry's RV(cellphone pings). Drive back across the river into Fargo and ditch his phone into the water. I'm guessing the last ping from his cellphone was near the river, which would explain why the police were searching so far south (like 40 blocks south of where he was last seen alive). Once the river search turned up empty they went to the ping before the final one, which more than likely would have been near Larry's. There is a cell tower VERY close to the lot which would explain why they found his body so quickly.

I hope that makes sense!

I think your ideas are good but WHY? For his phone? A confrontation? Money? Do we know if his wallet was missing (no info)? There must be a reason why a person(s) would kill someone.

So you kill him for a wallet and phone. Why do you take the risk to drive him miles away and put him where he will be found fairly quickly?

I don't think he was killed for his possessions. He either got into some confrontation with people from the party (over who knows what) OR it is gang related like the Forum article suggested: "investigators are following up on a number of tips from the public, including information Bearson could have been attacked as some sort of gang initiation ritual."
Source: http://www.inforum.com/content/caut...slain-ndsu-students-body-police-still-have-no

I don't think he was killed for his possessions. He either got into some confrontation with people from the party (over who knows what) OR it is gang related like the Forum article suggested: "investigators are following up on a number of tips from the public, including information Bearson could have been attacked as some sort of gang initiation ritual."
Source: http://www.inforum.com/content/caut...slain-ndsu-students-body-police-still-have-no

I've frequented the board for a few years but never posted. So here goes. Just a thought.
If he was attacked by random strangers they would have no real reason to move the body, as they are already unknown to the victim. Why take the chance in moving him if you don't need to. His body had to have been moved because he was with people he knew, who panicked and had to move him from a location he was known to have been at. He was lifted over a fence and that takes more than 1 person.
I live in the St. Cloud area and know some details which haven't been released. Some may be rumors but they are from credible sources. I think LE is withholding some stuff they would like to make public but for the families sake wanted to wait until the funeral. This is just a very sad case and justice needs to be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur