Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COD may take weekS

article won't link for me!

I have no idea why he was found there, but I can think of a few reasons why someone would move a body and leave it in plain sight after killing someone. If it was someone the victim knew, some possible reasons are: wanting the body found right away, but death occurred in a rather obscure place; death occurred too close to home and it would be too obvious who did it; wanting to shift the blame to someone else. In this case, I only see the second one being likely.

If it was a stranger who did it, I think most reasons would be different. Some of the possibilities are: again, being too close to home (or a known hangout); knowing that there were probably witnesses to the vehicle sitting there, and not wanting them associating it with the death; someone from out of town who was heading back home and just dropped him off on the way out of town; someone who lived close by and wanted to be able to watch when the body was found.

I'm sure there are many more in both categories, but I'm too wiped out to think that hard tonight.

SNIP Did Tom carry a wallet? What have his friends said.
Baseball Cap also.
Generally if in fight and getting hit in the head it probably fell off. Was it near the body or is it missing also?
Alot of questions need to be answered yet.

The only reason I thought of the wallet was because on TB's twitter acct there is a pic of his dresser that has that necklace he is wearing in one of the popular pics people are posting, and a brown leather-looking wallet. Great point about the cap falling off in a fight, I agree lots of questions left and wonder where the cap was found.

As far as authorities not looking in all the RVs, it seems the reason they gave was because it was already open? Do they mean that since it was open to others that the scene would be contaminated and the evidence wouldn't be useful anyway? I hope that's not the case, because I would think you'd still want to look to see if you found any personal articles or anything at the very least.

As far as the fire dept. ladder the police used at the scene, I initially assumed it was just so they could see a great distance to see if they could see anything hanging from a tree (like the shoe) or something like that, I hadn't even thought of maybe one shoe being caught in a power line or something. That is a very good point, I wonder if that was why they needed the ladder now.

If this case turns cold (which I doubt), I hope they offer a reward for information. If someone high on meth or something did this, maybe they would tattle about it at some point and a reward would be motivation for someone to come forward.

I saw a documentary that said people usually lose at least one shoe when they are hit by a car. I wonder if it wasn't the case here.

Thomas is drunk or high, is walking down the street, is hit by a car the driver of which is afraid to go to the police (maybe he is drunk too, or high, or does not have a license or whatever reason). The driver decided to just drop him at the hospital, helps him into the car, but, on the way, Thomas dies. He panics, stops the car and tries to hide the body. Finds that Thomas has dropped the phone in his car and throws it in water as he crossed the bridge.

Did they say what the COD was yet?

No, they haven't. I'm wondering why they haven't released the time of death. That information should have been available from the initial autopsy and I don't know why releasing that information would in any way jeopardize the case.

Me too---no upate since Friday. What's up with that?

You know, I'm betting dollars to donuts that if you found that shoe there would be some nightly updates. Get on it would you.

I've given you all the tools you need to accomplish this...

*sigh. I have to wait or do it myself.

UPDATE:

http://www.inforum.com/content/caut...slain-ndsu-students-body-police-still-have-no

Police are backing away from earlier assertions the public is not in danger following last Tuesday’s discovery of the body of homicide victim Thomas Bearson.

“We don’t have answers,” said Moorhead police Lt. Tory Jacobson, pointing out police are still struggling to identify a killer and a motive.

Jacobson was responding to questions about whether the public is at risk from whoever killed the 18-year-old NDSU student, who was missing for four days before he was discovered at a Moorhead RV lot.

Fargo Police Chief Keith Ternes told The Forum the day Bearson’s body was discovered that there was no indication the public was at risk.

He said investigators are following up on a number of tips from the public, including information Bearson could have been attacked as some sort of gang initiation ritual.

this intrigued me...

VERY interesting. If they really don't have answers like they are saying, I hope they offer a reward so if someone was high on drugs and did that, maybe when they told someone else while they were high on drugs again that person might be willing to come forward for a reward.

VERY interesting. If they really don't have answers like they are saying, I hope they offer a reward so if someone was high on drugs and did that, maybe when they told someone else while they were high on drugs again that person might be willing to come forward for a reward.

Great idea. People generally will say something sooner or later to someone. With $$$ as incentive, it very well may make it sooner.

No, they haven't. I'm wondering why they haven't released the time of death. That information should have been available from the initial autopsy and I don't know why releasing that information would in any way jeopardize the case.

Well from the wording of most of these articles, my educated guess is that they aren't going to release much until the toxicology reports come back. The time of death though? They should be able to release that.

I'm all about pressure. I like it. Pressure will make a sweating worm squirm. Especially if that worm doesn't have a lot of experience in this arena. Again, my expert opinion from here at the Armchair University, is that a little information out here will help flush some of these folks out of their holding spot.

Let the TOD be known so that one person can look at that other one and say, "Hey, didn't you say you were out getting cigarettes at about that time?" Or maybe someone getting off of their night shift saw something and adding in this little bit of information helps jog their memory.

What really chaps my hide at this point is that they haven't taken that other shoe and some scent hounds and went back down to where he was reportedly/allegedly last seen.

They either know far more than they are letting on, and as such don't feel they need to actively look for that other shoe, or they haven't thought of doing that yet.

This all just seems so logical to me.

They could even ask for volunteers if it's a money/budget thing. (Which I cannot imagine is a problem).

You know, I'm betting dollars to donuts that if you found that shoe there would be some nightly updates. Get on it would you.

I've given you all the tools you need to accomplish this...

*sigh. I have to wait or do it myself.

Hold on there, Babycakes. You're the one who said they could find the shoe. I said the shoe has long ago been disposed of. Let's keep our theories straight on this issue.

A $100,000 reward for either the shoe or the phone would end a lot of friendships.

Loyalty ends where the wallet begins.

Well from the wording of most of these articles, my educated guess is that they aren't going to release much until the toxicology reports come back. The time of death though? They should be able to release that.

I'm all about pressure. I like it. Pressure will make a sweating worm squirm. Especially if that worm doesn't have a lot of experience in this arena. Again, my expert opinion from here at the Armchair University, is that a little information out here will help flush some of these folks out of their holding spot.

Let the TOD be known so that one person can look at that other one and say, "Hey, didn't you say you were out getting cigarettes at about that time?" Or maybe someone getting off of their night shift saw something and adding in this little bit of information helps jog their memory.

What really chaps my hide at this point is that they haven't taken that other shoe and some scent hounds and went back down to where he was reportedly/allegedly last seen.

They either know far more than they are letting on, and as such don't feel they need to actively look for that other shoe, or they haven't thought of doing that yet.

This all just seems so logical to me.

They could even ask for volunteers if it's a money/budget thing. (Which I cannot imagine is a problem).

Seems to me they said early on they don't want any volunteers.

A $100,000 reward for either the shoe or the phone would end a lot of friendships.

Loyalty ends where the wallet begins.

Fot that kind of money, half of FM will be bringing in shoes they claim to have found. The reward money should be for information leading to an arrest.

Hold on there, Babycakes. You're the one who said they could find the shoe. I said the shoe has long ago been disposed of. Let's keep our theories straight on this issue.

:findinglink: Well...you could always help me look even though you think it's long gone.

Fot that kind of money, half of FM will be bringing in shoes they claim to have found. The reward money should be for information leading to an arrest.

yeah but then there would be news updates. It's the not knowing that drives me crazy.

:findinglink: Well...you could always help me look even though you think it's long gone.

I think you should get the word out regarding your invention. I bet a lot of people in that area would try it out and you can become rich, share the money with me, and we'll all live happily ever after. In all seriousness, why not just send your idea to the Fargo or Moorhead PD? Let them read it and think it over. I'm not suggesting caling them or bothering them----just send a letter with an explanation. Or pm the specifics to me and I'll do it.

Why not bring the hounds in at the RV place and work backwards?

Hang on I'm going to look at the water as it relates to that RV place.

Question to all: If you were holding on to something REALLY incriminating, how long would you wait before you threw it out the window?

You'd throw it out the first opportunity right?

I think you should get the word out regarding your invention. I bet a lot of people in that area would try it out and you can become rich, share the money with me, and we'll all live happily ever after.

Fine, but I'm holding you to your word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member