ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINE, let's boil some peanuts then.

You folks locally and those from Sartell, how about I urge you to share what you know. By now the whole area of Sartell is hopping with information. I'd call my ex-brother in-law who lives there but, well...we haven't spoken in 25 years and I don't want to start now.

So, it's slow, nothing new...ball's in your court.

I just cannot shake the feeling that this is a person crime and it involves a person/situation/senario/SOMETHING thats familiar to Tom and the young people in his social circle. Because thats my gut instinct (which could be totally wrong) I have to assume its something thats carried over from high school/his hometown. I cant imagine what he could have gotten into/surrounded himself in that would lead to his murder in the space of 4 weeks??

Sartell is about 175 miles southeast of Fargo. From the news reports, JW had gone to high school in Sartel with Tom and I assume several others from the St. Cloud area attend the university as well but do not have a definite number.

The local news has not covered the homicide angle of story since the funeral but has run "informational" stories relating to items mentioned in prior reports. Here's an example: CM stated he was at "the trap" on twitter. This article ran in the local paper and the next day one of the news stations ran this article.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26620764/trap-house-trend-hitting-social-media

FINE, let's boil some peanuts then.

You folks locally and those from Sartell, how about I urge you to share what you know. By now the whole area of Sartell is hopping with information. I'd call my ex-brother in-law who lives there but, well...we haven't spoken in 25 years and I don't want to start now.

So, it's slow, nothing new...ball's in your court.

I would, but I haven't heard anything, and I work in Sartell.

If it helps, Sartell and Sauk Rapids are considered wealthier than Saint Cloud/Waite Park. They also have significantly better schools.

I find it interesting that he went to school in ND. Saint Cloud State is a pretty decent university, with very advantageous tuition rates, and the University of MN is closer (so much so that one could commute, if they wanted to - plenty people live in Saint Cloud and commute to the cities for work, like my husband), and much better academically imo.

Timeline of events as I see it, mostly based on twitter

1. JW (and possibly at least one other person who I won't mention)
left CM's house at or shortly after 11PM to meet or pick up TB.

Reason why TB did not use his own car may have been his DUI the week
before, or because JW was taking them someplace on the way to the
party, or TB just didn't want to worry about a car later and get in
trouble again.

2. TB, JW, and possibly at least one other person are together at
11:24PM when text is sent to CM. Text may be premeditated to look like
TB could easily get lost later, or a drug meeting that went bad.
-Why did JW send that tweet and whose phone number is that?

I think the "we're lost" tweet was sent at 1:23 am. The "I'm bored" tweet was sent earlier at 10:31 pm.

If this tweet at 1:23AM was maybe the drug pick-up isn't that getting kinda late to get the drugs for the party?
I think I'd plan ahead a little more, but then you can't have them stashed somewere for too long.
Maybe the drug dealer was running a little late on his rounds?

I think the "we're lost" tweet was sent at 1:23 am. The "I'm bored" tweet was sent earlier at 10:31 pm.

That is really weird because 2 days ago for sure it said 8:31 and 11:24 respectively. I even copied it on my computer and it said that, is it just my computer or did someone else notice too that twitter just fastforwarded 2 hours?

If it helps, Sartell and Sauk Rapids are considered wealthier than Saint Cloud/Waite Park. They also have significantly better schools.

I find it interesting that he went to school in ND. Saint Cloud State is a pretty decent university, with very advantageous tuition rates, and the University of MN is closer (so much so that one could commute, if they wanted to - plenty people live in Saint Cloud and commute to the cities for work, like my husband), and much better academically imo.

You are correct, and I would agree that both St. Cloud and the UM are better academically. In the 1980's and 1990's St. Cloud had a reputation as a party school. That reputation has changed (although some older people from that era still haven shaken this idea). Actually, today ND has much more of a reputation as a party school.

NDSU has had a lot of kids going there that would have otherwise gone someplace else because of the success of football. NDSU has the longest winning streak right now in ALL of college football history from what I understand. I'm not saying that's why he went necessarily, but I am saying that UND enrollment is down 6 percent this year, and the newspaper quotes NDSUs football success s of late and the excitement of that as one of the major reasons. Maybe NDSU had a better nursing program?

yes I too saw where they said 11:23PM. I can't remember. I think we got to get this figured out..Time is important here. I'll do more checking again. I should take notes..I have been just browsing and then when I think of something like in the tweets I can't find it again. I should copy and paste all the tweets to document format and then I can do a search from there. Would be more simple.

That is really weird because 2 days ago for sure it said 8:31 and 11:24 respectively. I even copied it on my computer and it said that, is it just my computer or did someone else notice too that twitter just fastforwarded 2 hours?

Is it adjusting for the time zone you're in?

Do tweets have a time stamp? or should they have time stamps?
the ones I am reading don't have any.
I hate it when this website always shows eastern time.

Sartell is about 175 miles southeast of Fargo. From the news reports, JW had gone to high school in Sartel with Tom and I assume several others from the St. Cloud area attend the university as well but do not have a definite number.

The local news has not covered the homicide angle of story since the funeral but has run "informational" stories relating to items mentioned in prior reports. Here's an example: CM stated he was at "the trap" on twitter. This article ran in the local paper and the next day one of the news stations ran this article.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26620764/trap-house-trend-hitting-social-media

(BBM), I'm so dang old that the first time I read that post I thought he meant he was down at the Trader and Trapper in Moorhead. Then I was informed that bar is no longer around.

Neither are most of the places I use to haunt.

:sweep: <-----------This is my life now.

Does anyone definitively know what CM meant when he wrote, "Trap"? I tried googling and got some urban slang crap but I don't think that is what he meant.

yes I too saw where they said 11:23AM or 11:23PM. I can't remember. I think we got to get this figured out..Time is important here. I'll do more checking again. I should take notes..I have been just browsing and then when I think of something like in the tweets I can't find it again. I should copy and paste all the tweets to document format and then I can do a search from there. Would be more simple.

You know you are an addict once you start taking notes...there's no going back now. Accept the power of the Websleuths...

thanks for the info on how to find the time stamps.
I checked it out and this is what I found:

8:31PM tom was bored tweet
11:23PM Jake's we are lost tweet

11:23 makes better sense: enough time to do whatever and get back to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ