ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree any of the above are good possibilities however, I was more interested in how you came up with the hours, 3:20 to 7:20am. Just speculation I take it (get rid of the body before it gets light out).

Rocco sorry I misread your question. Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking, get rid of body before it gets light out, honestly I wasn't even thinking about the possibility that he might have been killed at a different time, and now I see that possibility.

But...is that an assumption that he was there the whole time? How do we know? He wasn't found until Tuesday. For all we know he was alive or dead up until Tuesday.

Until we know, we don't know.

How do we know he actually died on Saturday? We don't.

People with traumatic brain injuries can still be alive.

Laying there. Passed away later in the day or that night or the next morning, or Monday morning. We simply do not know.

Very good point. Someone messaged me about that too after I wrote that and then I realized also I might have misread Roccos' question. Maybe he wasn't there the whole time. Someone had mentioned earlier that 7:20 was dawn and that people wouldn't want to be moving him in the daylight, and I do tend to agree with that. The caveat I think would be if they had an RV and drove the RV in casually during the day and then placed him there? Or is it a place where you don't drive RVs in, and this just sell them? Not sure.

Yes so true about traumatic brain injuries. Good point, wow that could REALLY complicated the investigation couldn't it? If he had a brain injury but didn't pass away for a while, you'd think it would be hard to tell when the assault started if it was the case that it was an assault, which I'd think would certainly make things harder for police as far as arresting someone. Or wouldn't it?

It still bothers me that they waited until 11 AM to search for him in an area that his phone was pinging at. They had that phone zeroed in on that location nearly to a pinpoint. Why wait? Why not be out there at zero dark thirty?

At that point for all intents and purposes, LE was operating under the assumption that TB was still simply missing and not dead. So why wait?

Had it been -30, yeah I could see the logical conclusion is that someone wouldn't survive three days in those temperatures. But the weather was beautiful in Fargo. An injured person laying somewhere could easily have survived. Why wait? Why the non-chalant attitude?

Hmmm....

RVs can also be mobile meth labs. An RV lot with lax security/ fencing would be a perfect spot to pull into to cook. After they cook/sell, they just leave. I wonder what a toxicology report will disclose and if there was any evidence of meth on TB's clothing, or any of the other principals' clothing.

Reasons why Dead by RV site:

1. The surroundings are controlled. Someone isn't going to quickly sneak or drive up on you without you hearing them, especially if he was killed on the spot there.

2. Killer(s) were driving an RV and it was easy to kill him in the RV or drive into the place and leave him there without looking suspicious?

3. Just general familiarity with the area. Maybe someone had driven by it a number of times on their way from Minnesota to Fargo, or since it's a rougher area of Moorhead maybe someone just really comfortable with that area or place. If drug deals were going down in that RV lot it makes sense that someone would just feel more comfortable doing that there JMO.

If it was a violent act of premeditation or if he was dumped there after they killed him violently in a fit of rage, the only reason I can think of is they were just familiar and comfortable with that area, or they owned an RV and that made it easier too. Maybe it's a business they had done drugs at before, or like I said had driven by 100 times on the way from Minnesota to Fargo. Or it's just a serial killer/sex offender/thrill killer who wanted a more controlled environment than an open highway or was killing people in RVs.

If the killer(s) were high on drugs we all know also they are not the most logical and reasonable of people. They/him might actually just have been stupid enough to think it was a better idea to drag a body around in the middle of town versus dump out on the highway in a hurry.

If my son's phone was pinging and he was missing, you'd have to chain me to the house to keep me from going to look and I would not care what time of the day or night.

So why the slow look? If this was one of LE's kids I can't imagine them looking so late in the morning.

RVs can also be mobile meth labs. An RV lot with lax security/ fencing would be a perfect spot to pull into to cook. After they cook/sell, they just leave. I wonder what a toxicology report will disclose and if there was any evidence of meth on TB's clothing, or any of the other principals' clothing.

Would there not be obvious evidence in one of the RV's if they had been cooking meth in there?

It still bothers me that they waited until 11 AM to search for him in an area that his phone was pinging at. They had that phone zeroed in on that location nearly to a pinpoint. Why wait? Why not be out there at zero dark thirty?

At that point for all intents and purposes, LE was operating under the assumption that TB was still simply missing and not dead. So why wait?

Had it been -30, yeah I could see the logical conclusion is that someone wouldn't survive three days in those temperatures. But the weather was beautiful in Fargo. An injured person laying somewhere could easily have survived. Why wait? Why the non-chalant attitude?

Hmmm....

The information from the cell phone company may have taken that long since they had to work off of records and not the actual phone.

: o ! I hadn't thought of that either! And I loved Breaking Bad. Great point, I wonder too!

EDIT:If TB was present for a drug deal he wasn't necessarily a part of, and he saw an RV they were making meth in or something, that would give a motive for some bad guys to want to kill him too, esp. if they were high on meth and paranoid. I swear I'm actually trying to prevent myself from getting too carried away w/ the speculation but it's hard! Hopefully I'm not offending anyone. Maybe there will be an update tmw.

Rocco sorry I misread your question. Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking, get rid of body before it gets light out, honestly I wasn't even thinking about the possibility that he might have been killed at a different time, and now I see that possibility.

Very good point. Someone messaged me about that too after I wrote that and then I realized also I might have misread Roccos' question. Maybe he wasn't there the whole time. Someone had mentioned earlier that 7:20 was dawn and that people wouldn't want to be moving him in the daylight, and I do tend to agree with that. The caveat I think would be if they had an RV and drove the RV in casually during the day and then placed him there? Or is it a place where you don't drive RVs in, and this just sell them? Not sure.

Yes so true about traumatic brain injuries. Good point, wow that could REALLY complicated the investigation couldn't it? If he had a brain injury but didn't pass away for a while, you'd think it would be hard to tell when the assault started if it was the case that it was an assault, which I'd think would certainly make things harder for police as far as arresting someone. Or wouldn't it?

The coroner in Hennipen knows what's what and will be able to tell by tissue samples all of this. None of that type of information is new to forensics. So they would easily be able to tell tissue swelling, brain swelling ect...ect...and subsequent time of death.

Where is that press conference? That should have been today and that worries me.

Not if it was a privately owned RV and they just used the lot. Think 'Breaking Bad'.

Well now there is an original thought. Holy crap. I had never thought of that. (I didn't watch breaking bad). I learn every day.

The coroner in Hennipen knows what's what and will be able to tell by tissue samples all of this. None of that type of information is new to forensics. So they would easily be able to tell tissue swelling, brain swelling ect...ect...and subsequent time of death.

Where is that press conference? That should have been today and that worries me.

You're going to worry after I told you not to worry? What's wrong with you.:shame:

Thank you for asking. It tells us they know who did it and are just waiting for the forensics to come back to prove it.

Really? Hmmm...If I didn't know you so well I'd really grill you about this. I'm going to let it stand 'cause you are a smart one. :tyou:

Really? Hmmm...If I didn't know you so well I'd really grill you about this. I'm going to let it stand 'cause you are a smart one. :tyou:

Oh heck--it's just a guess since there's nothing new to discuss.

Well sleuths? Where does all of this leave us?

We have no TOD. Usually in these cases we are still looking for the body so at least we don't have that to worry about.

I think the phone is still down there in that area. That's my hunch. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong and it won't be the first time.

I've accepted the notion that finding the shoe won't solve this, it will only solve where the shoe is.

What else is there?

I will say this and hopefully it will generate some discussion. In the realm of geographic profiling the fact that the body was found within a 5-6 mile radius of where the person was last seen, often points, (not always now, and never 100%) but with a greater likelihood that the person/people involved are right from that area.

Whether recently moved there or from that area is yet to be determined but they were operating in an area comfortable to them.

I will say this and hopefully it will generate some discussion. In the realm of geographic profiling the fact that the body was found within a 5-6 mile radius of where the person was last seen, often points, (not always now, and never 100%) but with a greater likelihood that the person/people involved are right from that area.

Whether recently moved there or from that area is yet to be determined but they were operating in an area comfortable to them.

Anything to generate discussion is good :waiting:

Anything to generate discussion is good :waiting:

OH LET ME TELL YOU, I could get some conversations going here and you know it. But...I'm trying so hard to be good!

:blowkiss: :pillowfight2:

OH LET ME TELL YOU, I could get some conversations going here and you know it. But...I'm trying so hard to be good!

:blowkiss: :pillowfight2:

Being good is good :waiting: (Trying to keep the conversation going here)

Okay all. Bear with me for a minute whilst I ask some silly questions. I'm not in the US so wanting to get an understanding of the system.

- Tom came to Fargo to attend college and had only been there a month before his death - correct? So he started the school year end August- beginning september?

- Where is Tom's hometown that he lived and went to HS in? How far away is it from fargo and the collage? Was he travelling a long way from home to attend school or was it a local college that many of his highschool friends likely went to as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo