ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another site that lists cameras. Any info here that is of use?

http://myplace.frontier.com/~rojobo/local.htm

I 94 red river bridge is on that list of cams! Intestate would be dead at that time too, so if they used that crossing maybe! Although the DOT cams I've seen on here so far are only updated every 60 secs and poor quality, so let's hope that one is better quality so they could see one way or the other :s

I won't look for more, but here are some more cams. They mean nothing to me, so it is great that people can weigh in on this

http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info-v2/

This link under cameras has the I 94 bridge west, not eastm but the other list said they hve east somewhere. Im not hopeful though, it's black and white still image taken every 60 seconds, and also I think it's more likely they took the little toll bridge or main avenue in my opinion though northdakotas comment made me think the interstate is still a good possibility.

Those pics are bad but maybe they can be enhanced with LE capabilities.

I would think someplace like Menard's would be loaded with cams.

Any other places thaat come to mind that might have cams?

Why would they go from Fargo to Moorhead? What were they up to?

I would think that a better place to do a murder would be on some lonely road.

Makes no sense

Yes good point they could probably enhance the camera images. Menards would have cams in the front but I don't know about the back, and Larry's is across a road, and what looks like some kind of huge water puddle, and then there's the back of Menards, and Menards could also be past the entrance for Larry's, so that may or may not help?

I can't think of anyplace else that would have cams that would be on that route at all. I don't think the area really has many cameras, I know downtown Fargo has at least one but that wouldn't be on the route.

Why would they go from Fargo to Moorhead? What were they up to?

I would think that a better place to do a murder would be on some lonely road.

Makes no sense

Good point, I'd be interested to hear what others say about this too. The only theory I've come up w that is that if I'm thinking that something like this could have happened two months ago, I'd have told you it would be more likely to happen in Moorhead than in Fargo or West Fargo. So, maybe the perpetrators live in Moorhead or are comfortable w that area of Moorhead and know that Larry's would be a good spot to leave a body that no one would spot for a while? Farmers are harvesting the fields I think and it might be riskier to transport the body someplace else? And if the actually murdered him on the spot, at Larry's, then maybe didn't want to risk moving the body?

Why go to Larry's? Strange.

Why was he killed?

He was not in Fargo very long.

A month?

Why go to Larry's? Strange.

Why was he killed?

He was not in Fargo very long.

A month?

Maybe the whole thing had something to do w a drug deal gone bad? Yah he sure wasnt in Fargo long. My family members are bugging me about the amount of time I'm spending obsessing about this so I'll come back later lol :p

This might be way out in left field, but I'm having a hard time coming up with likely scenarios that haven't already been mentioned. Is it possible that on his way back to his dorm he met up with some people from the Sartell/St. Cloud area on their way home for the weekend and decided to catch a ride with them instead of waiting a few more hours to ride with his friends? He might have thought it would be better to stay awake then and sleep when he got home than to sleep for a couple of hours, get up hungover to go home and then sleep again. If he was extremely drunk (or whatever), he may have said or done something that really set one, or some, of them off - like getting carsick? If they were taking I-94 home, the exit where Larry's is may have just been the first one they could take once things got hot. It's also possible that they were also in the same, or similar, condition as he was, which could make things escalate very quickly. All this talk about how safe Fargo/Moorehead usually is, and knowing what the St. Cloud area can be like, has just had me thinking along this line more. I'm not seeing his friends doing it, but there are probably several students out there that he went to high school with who aren't necessarily friends. Just a thought.

I read somewere on valleky news that a person interviewed said tom was kinda wild and they said they would be less surprised if he disappered than someone else

This might be way out in left field, but I'm having a hard time coming up with likely scenarios that haven't already been mentioned. Is it possible that on his way back to his dorm he met up with some people from the Sartell/St. Cloud area on their way home for the weekend and decided to catch a ride with them instead of waiting a few more hours to ride with his friends? He might have thought it would be better to stay awake then and sleep when he got home than to sleep for a couple of hours, get up hungover to go home and then sleep again. If he was extremely drunk (or whatever), he may have said or done something that really set one, or some, of them off - like getting carsick? If they were taking I-94 home, the exit where Larry's is may have just been the first one they could take once things got hot. It's also possible that they were also in the same, or similar, condition as he was, which could make things escalate very quickly. All this talk about how safe Fargo/Moorehead usually is, and knowing what the St. Cloud area can be like, has just had me thinking along this line more. I'm not seeing his friends doing it, but there are probably several students out there that he went to high school with who aren't necessarily friends. Just a thought.

Great post, Confusion! Your post leads me to another scenerio. We don't know when TB died. What if he did go back to the dorm after the party and left sometime Saturday as planned for Sartell but something went sour with the people he was riding with.

There is a Sam's Club .2 miles West of Menards. I've shopped at both numerous times and am embarrassed to admit that I've never really noticed or paid attention to Larry's RV Sales over there.

Lots of scenarios. It would help if we knew the type of homicide, i.e. knife wounds vs something else. Maybe things could be narrowed. I would think, however, if LE was looking for a particular weapon, this would have been publicized.

Because he was a college student, I think things went wrong around the school, and the murder took place there. Maybe Larry's was just convenient, a place they stumbled upon where no one was around.

H
Lots of scenarios. It would help if we knew the type of homicide, i.e. knife wounds vs something else. Maybe things could be narrowed. I would think, however, if LE was looking for a particular weapon, this would have been publicized.

Because he was a college student, I think things went wrong around the school, and the murder took place there. Maybe Larry's was just convenient, a place they stumbled upon where no one was around.

They sure are not asking for any public help. I hope that means they are just putting everything together before the arrest.

I cannot see the stumbling theory as they drove miles away to an area that probably had sone cameras along the way.

No one is going to buy the idea that somehow he got there on his own.

I am going with the idea they know who it is and are getting warrants and getting it all organized.

H

They sure are not asking for any public help. I hope that means they are just putting everything together before the arrest.

I cannot see the stumbling theory as they drove miles away to an area that probably had sone cameras along the way.

No one is going to buy the idea that somehow he got there on his own.

I am going with the idea they know who it is and are getting warrants and getting it all organized.

I agree. I'm also thinking they may wait to release information (maybe an arrest?) until after the funeral today out of respect for the family.

I would say yes if the crossed over by interstate during the early hours of the morning. The university is about a mile east of I-29 which intersects with I-94 to enter Minnesota. The RV location is just north of I-94.

My question is ...the RV business should have been open on Monday, why didn't any employees find TB??

And:
1). Why did LE state that since the RV's aren't locked, they aren't investigating any of them for break-ins?

2). Why didn't they put him INSIDE an RV if they were trying to hide a body?

~Me thinks haste and lack of experience.

And:
1). Why did LE state that since the RV's aren't locked, they aren't investigating any of them for break-ins?

2). Why didn't they put him INSIDE an RV if they were trying to hide a body?

I've wondered that too----they did nothing in the way of trying to hide the body. Did the 'incident' take place at the RV site and they just left in a hurry afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson