ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think outrage from the community is coming. Probably unrelated but the Fargo police chief is stepping down (Ternes). There is a press conference on Monday about it. You can bet that the Bearson murder investigation will be brought up. Personally, I think this is ridiculous. If they really don't know anything as the Bearson family friend suggests in her Letter To The Editor, they should be asking for the public's help. You know, like a reward for any information or a plea for the public to report anything suspicious from that day, etc.. Instead, crickets.

I could buy the story that the police are publicly telling the media that they have no suspects when they really do. But the fact that the Bearson family friend ALSO implies it makes me think they actually don't have suspects. In which case, the public deserves more details do we can ascertain whether or not we should be more careful.

Yes, but isn't the FBI assisting? Wouldn't they have this under control,

Anyone here familiar with the slang version of "baseball players"?
I have not heard that term thrown around to mean anything other than it's literal form.
Any guesses on its slang meaning??

(Of course, this is just hypothetical speculation & may mean nothing directly to the TB case)

Moo

The slang word for baseball is crack cocaine.

I think outrage from the community is coming. Probably unrelated but the Fargo police chief is stepping down (Ternes). There is a press conference on Monday about it. You can bet that the Bearson murder investigation will be brought up. Personally, I think this is ridiculous. If they really don't know anything as the Bearson family friend suggests in her Letter To The Editor, they should be asking for the public's help. You know, like a reward for any information or a plea for the public to report anything suspicious from that day, etc.. Instead, crickets.

I could buy the story that the police are publicly telling the media that they have no suspects when they really do. But the fact that the Bearson family friend ALSO implies it makes me think they actually don't have suspects. In which case, the public deserves more details do we can ascertain whether or not we should be more careful.

The only media piece so far that has given me some hope for justice is this one:

http://wjon.com/fargo-police-chief-says-bearsons-case-remains-a-top-priority-audio/

It insinuates that there can be resolution of this case if nothing is compromised (just my take on it)

I HOPE that's true :please:

My guess is that he didn't literally say baseball players, but he mentioned either something about them being on the baseball team or they already knew these baseball players and told the media they were baseball players to avoid saying their names.

I totally agree BankingOnIt ! Asking more openly for public help, offering reward, and keeping this case in the public eye......would not in any way compromise the case, and keep people in the area wary (as obviously they should be). NO harm in that, unless you're trying to increase NDSU numbers, and calm the maddening crowd, right?? ~unless~ LE already has suspect(s) on the radar and are just waiting for evidence. But still....NO harm in openly requesting the publics' help, offering reward, and keeping this case in the public eye, right?? Could only strengthen the case possibly. So....this deafening silence is wrong. :whip:

Who knows, maybe they don't want it in the public eye - maybe they're hoping if they're quiet and the POI thinks they've forgotten about them that they go do something stupid and LE gets that last little whatever they need.

Maybe I have small town mentality, but I can't imagine living in Fargo or Moorhead right now. Talk about HUGE white elephant... :scared:

Who knows, maybe they don't want it in the public eye - maybe they're hoping if they're quiet and the POI thinks they've forgotten about them that they go do something stupid and LE gets that last little whatever they need.
I SO hope you're right and I'm wrong.

That is what happened in Christina Morris' missing case, pretty much. LE was not saying much of anything for almost two months, but it turns out they apparently had their eye on a POI and were doing a lot behind the silence. No arrest yet, but a search warrant that came out shows they have quite a lot against their POI...just not enough yet.

Wait a minute....Fischer last heard from his friend TB via Snapchat message @ 1:30 AM? Wait a minute...isn't that the same time as the "lost" tweet? How could that be that TB is sitting around snapchatting casually with hometown friend and vavoom...."lost, gonna die, get somebody" from TB's phone? That is weird

Am I wrong on the time of the "lost" tweet?

As in the McSt*y case & seemingly in the Christina Morr*ss case, ***the Last Known Person*** to be with the victim is key.
So was TB with "baseball players"....if so then who are they & where do they hang? Why would he meet up with them that late? Does his phone show contact with the "baseball players" in the wee hours?
Or was that talk of "baseball players" just a ruse to throw LE off a trail?

If TB was violently murdered (no release of the toxicology report has been made public) it was likely someone he knew. I wouldn't say that if he was a female or if he was frail. But TB was a young, strapping guy. Maybe he was hanging with a very dangerous crowd?
Dangerous "baseball players" is unlikely.

As noted earlier in this thread, TB made a new friend after moving to Fargo that he spent a lot of time with. Baseball was/is this new friend's sport - he played a lot of it in high school. So if TB left with a BB player/s it is likely this new friend was one of them.

His friends know but they're not talking. I wonder why???

Has TB's parents retained a PI ???

All moo & speculation

As noted earlier in this thread, TB made a new friend after moving to Fargo that he spent a lot of time with. Baseball was/is this new friend's sport - he played a lot of it in high school. So if TB left with a BB player/s it is likely this new friend was one of them.

I think it's important for us to remember that JW was the only one who had known Tommy before coming to college there. So those at the "trap" or party really were not his "friends" per se. And CM stated that he had only met him for the first time the night he went missing. JW was one year ahead of Tommy in school, so they were not in school together during his senior year. So knowing each other from a year before does not make them close "friends" in my mind. Team buddies maybe but not the type of friend that you could count on to look out for you IMO.

JMO's

And JW "lawyered up" right away after body was found. An earlier post from someone with connection to Sartell said that TB's parents are refusing the condolences of JW's family. IMO, JW knows a lot.

Maybe I have small town mentality, but I can't imagine living in Fargo or Moorhead right now. Talk about HUGE white elephant... :scared:

I live in F-M area and work in Fargo. Actually it's not like that. Nobody I know or work with even talks about this, except for maybe some random comment. New crimes and regional murders routinely take over the headlines. In fact, I think crime in F-M is increasingly becoming more like larger metropolitan areas as growth and expansion continues and F-M becomes more ethnically diverse. TB's case is unusual, but I would not say anymore unusual than some other murders that have happened. And then there's Andrew Sadek's case, and a lot of other young men in this region that have ended up dead for strange reasons (e.g., the one in SD recently who mysteriously ended up dead in a grain bin and theF-M college student from the TC who ended up dead in the river after attending a party a few years ago).

Wait a minute....Fischer last heard from his friend TB via Snapchat message @ 1:30 AM? Wait a minute...isn't that the same time as the "lost" tweet? How could that be that TB is sitting around snapchatting casually with hometown friend and vavoom...."lost, gonna die, get somebody" from TB's phone? That is weird

Am I wrong on the time of the "lost" tweet?

they were apparently lost at 11:23, and he stopped sending video snapchats around 1:30, so we can assume he was still alive around 1:30 AM

they were apparently lost at 11:23, and he stopped sending video snapchats around 1:30, so we can assume he was still alive around 1:30 AM

I just had someone from the same time zone as Fargo tell me the "lost" tweet was 1:23. My "lost" tweet reads 11:23, I think its very likely my time zone is different. What time zone is Fargo?

I just had someone from the same time zone as Fargo tell me the "lost" tweet was 1:23. My "lost" tweet reads 11:23, I think its very likely my time zone is different. What time zone is Fargo?

Fargo is central, I am too and the tweet said 11:23 for me.

I live in F-M area and work in Fargo. Actually it's not like that. Nobody I know or work with even talks about this, except for maybe some random comment. New crimes and regional murders routinely take over the headlines. In fact, I think crime in F-M is increasingly becoming more like larger metropolitan areas as growth and expansion continues and F-M becomes more ethnically diverse. TB's case is unusual, but I would not say anymore unusual than some other murders that have happened. And then there's Andrew Sadek's case, and a lot of other young men in this region that have ended up dead for strange reasons (e.g., the one in SD recently who mysteriously ended up dead in a grain bin and theF-M college student from the TC who ended up dead in the river after attending a party a few years ago).

It really disturbed me when I read that some posters attempted to call the # in the tweet. What did they think it would accomplish? stalking young mens twitter, Facebook or wherever and then posting their daily activities is also a bit strange when a stranger does it. Unless you are directly involved or part of the LE team...this behavior is just out of line. Kids talk big sometimes ... and tend to talk even bigger when crazy finger pointers are watching their every move... (I could be wrong... but I just don't see the angle some of you see) Too many read or heard something and ran with it... and it became fact here.

This is what is known...
1. Tom died of Homicidal violence. (could be anything from a beating to a hit and run)
2. His phone and shoe are missing.
3. LE has stated they have no suspects.

I was on campus for a game the day Tom did not make it home. So this is personal for me. so many questions without answers... This boy could be a twin of my own son right down to the blue eyes and long eye lashes..

why is it taking so long with the final autopsy report? The toxicology will likely show alcohol in his system and we should not be surprised if there are additional drugs in his system...(kids do stupid things when they our away from parental guidance) so why the delay?
There was a case in the Bisman area a while back where party goers dropped a young man off at the hospital 2 days after being knocked out after a fight.. If they ever release it to the public and he was clean.... then I will look at the people he was last with closer.

Until then... I look at fellow tailgaters a bit different since that day... so many drunks in RVs looking for a place to park before the lot opens up at the dome.

I would also like to note that gang activity in ND is real... another elephant in the room. The most active and dangerous ones in the tri-state area [modsnip]. Not sure if the Fargo area LE is trained appropriately for this or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse