ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe they are inept at all. Crimes don't get to trial on hearsay. It has to be proven and that is where the forensics comes in.

Do we seriously think LE... in any case... would let us in on what they have? If you do, you never followed a case.

I don't believe they are inept at all. Crimes don't get to trial on hearsay. It has to be proven and that is where the forensics comes in.

Do we seriously think LE... in any case... would let us in on what they have? If you do, you never followed a case.

Thanks for your post. With all the cases you've followed and archived, your opinion is highly regarded and one that should be seriously considered by all.

Thank you for this post! Your opinion is very important especially considering all the work you do and all the knowledge you have following these cases! Thank you again!

I really thought that the tweet JW sent from Tommy's account held the key to this case. I know CM said that both boys made it to his house after it was sent, but I wasn't sure that I believed him. Now that we know (thanks to that article) that TB was sending snapchat videos to his old friend after the tweet JW wrote that blows whatever theories I had out of the water.

Did anyone else think the reporter focused too sharply on TB's irresponsible behavior & party life during his short time at NDSU?

IB and Rocco, you forgot I had some real big blunders.... remember I thought Joran Van Der Sloot was a nice boy (because he looked like someone I knew who was a nice boy)!

I really thought that the tweet JW sent from Tommy's account held the key to this case. I know CM said that both boys made it to his house after it was sent, but I wasn't sure that I believed him. Now that we know (thanks to that article) that TB was sending snapchat videos to his old friend after the tweet JW wrote that blows whatever theories I had out of the water.

Did anyone else think the reporter focused too sharply on TB's irresponsible behavior & party life during his short time at NDSU?

DonnaP, I also thought the case would hinge on the last tweet. I figured there must have been some kind of fight and that JW was possibly making an alibi-sorta-statement. I really hope we get to know COD.

As far as the irresponsible behavior focus... let's hope it hits home to a few of Tommys friends. So many kids that age (and most of us at that age, feshman in college, away from home rules) make the same choices. Rarely does it end in death and even more rarely in murder.

Tom made choices he should not have. Who doesn't. I'm glad it was an honest article.

IB and Rocco, you forgot I had some real big blunders.... remember I thought Joran Van Der Sloot was a nice boy (because he looked like someone I knew who was a nice boy)!

Thank you for your post!!! You were young and inexperienced at the time--a Rookie. Now, you're a Pro !! Thanks again for reminding us that we all were inexperienced at one time when it came to following cases but the more we follow, the wiser we become.

Thank you for your post!!! You were young and inexperienced at the time--a Rookie. Now, you're a Pro !! Thanks again for reminding us that we all were inexperienced at one time when it came to following cases but the more we follow, the wiser we become.

I second that - Been following this case (as well as Andrew Sadek's) since they are both close to home, hoping to be able to contribute - but I'm a rookie and still getting my feet wet, so to speak. The only conversation I would have been able to contribute to with confidence would have been the hockey conversation (Go Gophers). :) I understand that we're not going to be "in the loop" with everything LE is working on, but hoping for a break that points to a specific path!

I have 1 thing to add but my computer is down so I can't provide the link - my apologies. Kevin Casserly case - This is the young man who was found dead in the RV rented in Anoka,mn by the bachelor party back in May of 2014. Autopsy JUST came back stating he died of hypothermia. But they are not ruling out foul play yet.
That took 6 months! Please let TB's final autopsy come back in the 5-6 week window promised so they can find his killer and some justice.
Do look at his case on WS. The investigation process seems very similar TB's.

I second that - Been following this case (as well as Andrew Sadek's) since they are both close to home, hoping to be able to contribute - but I'm a rookie and still getting my feet wet, so to speak. The only conversation I would have been able to contribute to with confidence would have been the hockey conversation (Go Gophers). :) I understand that we're not going to be "in the loop" with everything LE is working on, but hoping for a break that points to a specific path!

I have a feeling that break is coming soon. It was 6 weeks to the day yesterday that his body was found so the forensics and lab work have to be coming back any day now. ( I'd love to thank you for your post but that 'Go Gophers' comment is considered vulgar language where I'm from and since you're well versed in college hockey, I'm sure you know where I mean)

does anyone think its strange they aren't also looking for the backpack too? or maybe they have that piece of evidence already..? If he had a backpack, it was most likely because he wasn't returning home for the weekend or going to stay over someone's house. Or maybe a fraternity trip.. if he was involved with one? It seems to me that someone's shoe would only be missing off their body if it was moved there from somewhere else by someone holding the legs or someone dragging them.

Also, It might just be a coincidence but the place he was found dead is right off the 94 freeway that someone would be taking if they were going back to his hometown (Sartel). With so little information there's endless scenarios.. sigh

This is so sad. Both of my kids go to college in that area (not NDSU) but another nearby college, actually one graduated, and saying that Fargo is a drug town makes me laugh. Being from DFW and then going up to Fargo is about as much of culture shock as you can get. My junior son is still up there and it seems like the safest place around. I hope they find who is responsible. Very very safe area.

Letter, made the SCTimes... writer is angry about the last (honest) article. I didn't know Tom of course. I'm sure I understand the sentiment, but what happened cannot really be sugar coated, unfortunately.

I wish the article had focused on the positive parts of his life. It makes me sick to my stomach to know that his family and friends have to read this hurtful article while they are still grieving the loss of such a wonderful, outgoing man.

I hope the people behind this article learn from their mistakes and think before hastily publishing another article as disturbing as this one.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/opinion/2014/11/06/letter-bearson-report-reflected-poor-judgment/18553647/

Is it possible for someone to point me in the right direction to find that shot of Tom with his backpack exiting the dorm(?) or a link where I can look? I want to add that to the Case Archive.

Thomas Bearson Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Thomas Bearson -ND-?sort=6&page=1

At first it was said there was video/campus camera of TB leaving his dorm but then that statement was corrected to say no such video/photo exist.

Letter, made the SCTimes... writer is angry about the last (honest) article. I didn't know Tom of course. I'm sure I understand the sentiment, but what happened cannot really be sugar coated, unfortunately.

I wish the article had focused on the positive parts of his life. It makes me sick to my stomach to know that his family and friends have to read this hurtful article while they are still grieving the loss of such a wonderful, outgoing man.

I hope the people behind this article learn from their mistakes and think before hastily publishing another article as disturbing as this one.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/opinion/2014/11/06/letter-bearson-report-reflected-poor-judgment/18553647/

I have to agree with this young writer's piece. I have no bias, and I found some of the article offensive. It contained hearsay, and gossip that was unnecessary to this case and potentially hurtful considering the circumstances. You know, karma isn't choosey, and people need to put themselves in others' positions more often...

As we know, the reporter was interviewing TB's room mate. His room mate talked about what he knew about-----what Tom's typical day was like and Tom's overall life in the month he lived with him while they were attending college. It was what it was.

I have to agree with this young writer's piece. I have no bias, and I found some of the article offensive. It contained hearsay, and gossip that was unnecessary to this case and potentially hurtful considering the circumstances. You know, karma isn't choosey, and people need to put themselves in others' positions more often...

The article wasn't about the case. It was about the TB and what his life was like in the month he attended NDSU. Should the interview have been done and published? That's a matter of opinion, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member