ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would surmise that the community needs answers too----or aren't they worried about this happening again?

How safe is anyone in the local community when this type of thing is occurring?

I would like to hear what peole are hearing "on the streets". We can then discuss it and make our own decisions on whether to believe it or not. I'm sure that many cases were solved with what began as theories or speculation, so please..... share!

I would surmise that the community needs answers too----or aren't they worried about this happening again?

How safe is anyone in the local community when this type of thing is occurring?

BINGO!! And as a mother that has a son going to college in the Fargo area, I'm getting worried. I'll see if I can talk to son this weekend and see what he's heard.

Hi Boowhoz. I live in Sartell and have heard the same rumors/speculation as you have. Some coming from what I consider to be credible sources and some from those I don't know well enough to make the call. What I do know is, when I have posted what has been rumored my posts are met with some of the same response(s), and then removed. Now I keep what I hear to myself. You are right when you say people hang on to what they hear, it is all they have. The community is trying to
understand why, and how an 18 year old (who had been away at school for only a month) ends up
murdered. They want and need answers. So I guess until LE delivers the "facts" in this case we can only
speculate on our own. Hopefully they will come to a resolution soon and an arrest is made. Then and only
then will we see what is, and what isn't released in the sad and tragic death of Tom.

Please do share what you know. One of my sources is a bit closer to the situation then what I've initially maybe lead you to believe. Because of the relationship, I won't overstep my boundaries and will not ask questions - 'things' just roll out in conversation in bits and pieces. I personally did not know TB, I know people who are connected firsthand. If your kid knows kids on the inner circle of the kids involved, you probable know more then you think. I am constantly amazed what kids will share with each other, thinking the talk will go no further. On a different note, I was merely asking if it was appropriate to share rumors - it wasn't my intent to cause drama.

I am wondering how well these "roommates" at the trap really know each other. Not that long ago roommates who share a house together are those who have gotten to know each other well enough to share the same roof. Not so much anymore. Many times ads are place on CL or other websites. They don't even know each other that well and parties are had with 20 - 30 people showing up that don't know each other. Even putting out on Twitter party at such and such place. So when the party goes sideways nobody knows anything.

JMO's

I have 2 college age kids, one is Jr. at NDSU. Typically the kids get a group together of people they know to rent a house or apartment, some times they are 1 or 2 people short so they will advertise but that is usually done via the campus connection website.

I get the vibe that most of the the guys at the house knew each other before school started based on their Twitter exchanges.

BBM for those of you wondering on the rules of WS, I believe twitter links of friends of the victims should not be posted

"Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. "

I wonder why none of the friends are speaking out about what they think happened to TB?

Are they seemingly afraid of retaliation against them?

Who is this person (s) with so much power as to silence everyone?

I like how this thread has finally gone to Full Tilt. jmo

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I wonder why none of the friends are speaking out about what they think happened to TB?

Are they seemingly afraid of retaliation against them?

Who is this person (s) with so much power as to silence everyone?

I also noticed that too, its like they forgot immediately and moved on with their lives. I'd feel super uncomfortable in a normally safe area that has a recent unsolved murder

I would like to hear what peole are hearing "on the streets". We can then discuss it and make our own decisions on whether to believe it or not. I'm sure that many cases were solved with what began as theories or speculation, so please..... share!

Rumors aren't discussable. Rumors are the type of info you keep in the back of your head until LE/MSM reports on it. Please don't bring unfounded rumors here.

Thanks,

Salem

TY. I really like reading these opinion articles.

This one tells us something we did not know.

Tommy is like most first-year students. The difference is
he was brutally murdered while walking alone and trusting his surroundings.

This is from his good friends Mom. He was not killed at the "trap".

Haven't spoke to my son up there yet, but daughter and I talked about it for a while today while driving home from work. She graduated from the other big college in that area and spent 4 years up there. Being a poor single mom as I am, my kids don't have a car up there and had to bus and walk everywhere. She said that in her opinion, a homeless person did it. She ran into all kinds of crazies around the buses and said that it could be something as simple as he bumped into one of them, they wanted his shoes or something he was wearing or had and he told them to jump and they freaked and did what they did. That was her thought, for what that's worth.

Haven't spoke to my son up there yet, but daughter and I talked about it for a while today while driving home from work. She graduated from the other big college in that area and spent 4 years up there. Being a poor single mom as I am, my kids don't have a car up there and had to bus and walk everywhere. She said that in her opinion, a homeless person did it. She ran into all kinds of crazies around the buses and said that it could be something as simple as he bumped into one of them, they wanted his shoes or something he was wearing or had and he told them to jump and they freaked and did what they did. That was her thought, for what that's worth.

I doubt a homeless person would have a car to transport the body to Moorhead.

Something I've found over the years, not just here, is that many people have a hard time accepting that bad things can happen to the best people with no logical explanation. When a young child is missing, hurt or worse, accusing the parents of being neglectful or otherwise endangering the child is the first thought for many. When something happens to a young adult, it seems to be blamed on being involved in drugs, gangs, prostitution, depression or otherwise putting themselves in danger, and/or a friend or family member must be into one of these things and that's what caused the problem. In some cases, I agree that one or more of these things may be likely, but I just don't see it in this one.

I don't believe TB's death was because he was buying/selling drugs, being initiated into a gang, being hazed because he was joining a frat, or murdered by one of his friends. My problem is that I keep coming up with all kinds of things that I don't think happened, but can't come up with even one that I really believe is likely.

I watched the whole basketball game with Tommy (he's no.1). He was a good team player and captain. It made me feel that with him being as fit as he was there must have been more than one killer involved. He certainly could have probably out ran just about anyone.

If he was texting with his best friend at 1:30 AM and he stopped texting then, I believe something happened shortly thereafter. Not after 3:40AM.

"Pat Fischer, Bearson's best friend from high school, said that tweet received too much attention. "I know he was fine after he tweeted that," Fischer said.

Fischer last heard from his best friend about 1:30 a.m., when they were exchanging video messages via Snapchat.

"He told me how much he missed me and that he was coming to visit me in Bemidji soon," said Fischer, a sophomore basketball player at Bemidji State University.

"And I sent back, 'I can't wait, bro,' and he never opened that."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_26844883/ndsu-student-tommy-bearsons-death-remains-mystery

JMO's

December 2012 video of Basketball game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m9xYRzl0-k&feature=youtu.be

Is it a fact that Tommy's body was lying in the Rv lot for 4 days? I haven't found anything saying when he was dropped off at the RV lot. Was no one working there. Do they not check their lot?

I remember reading a post about a websleuth member was going to check the RV lot out. This poster said they had gone over their after the lot was closed. I wonder if this could be the person police are looking for in the black and green hat.

Is it against the rules or law to send CM a tweet? For instance , CM: What happened to that tweet that said something to the effect of if you ever steal from me again. i'll kill you. Is there a reason people do not?

I believe i read that Tommy wasn't going to get a ride home with his baseball player friend till noon the next day. So who are the baseball players he might be meeting with at 340am? Scott Diamond was the arresting officer in his case the week before. Another Scott Diamond pitches for the twins or did before being traded from the Twins to the Reds last season . CM's arresting officer was a Dawson. Used to be an Andre Dawson played for the Cubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13