ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about DNA comparisons? Isn't there a data base on the Federal level where DNA comparisons are made?
It is my understanding, that yes there is, and DNA is obtained from all incarcerated individuals, at least federally.

The idea is that the video would remind us "dullards" too much about the Andrew Sadek case. There is no doubt in anyone's minds (well... Maybe a few people) that Andrew's disappearance and subsequent death investigations have been bungled from the beginning. There is a growing level of outrage about it.

If people started questioning the safety of North Dakota colleges....if people start putting the two deaths together as though they are involved in some way....

I mean.. Two deaths in four months - both UNSOLVED? It can start to get a little spooky.

That's WHY I believe they aren't showing the video of Tom leaving the dorm with his backpack on. Honestly.. I seriously doubt they are related. But it's still scary.

Many, many unsolved disappearances and deaths of young college age men in ND, MN, and WI. MANY are found in bodies of water.

To all of our newbie posters....welcome (& go gently). TIA

:loveyou:

I believe that anything could potentially be vital to a case. It is common for people to wear shoes, and carry cell phones, students with backpacks or not, to take a particular or habitual route to a particular destination, last known location, usual habits (e.g. always showering before leaving home), students to party or not, etc.
Sometimes seemingly usual things mean nothing, and sometimes they can be indicative and offer an important clue.
I find it interesting that two people believe they seen a video of TB, that now seemingly may or may not exist. To me, the article does not exactly say "it does NOT exist". I do not know if that is indicative of anything, but I reserve the consideration that it very well might mean something somehow.

I guess I don't really understand the infatuation with whether or not there is a video. The roommate says that he left with his backpack. Why do we need a video to show us that? I respect your opinion that the backpack might matter, though I tend to disagree based on what I said in my previous post. I tend to believe that things out of the ordinary are more important than normal habits/routine.

What was the name linked to the phone # of the last "lost" tweet again? Was it "cheeseater" or something to that effect? "Cheese sniffer"???

Anyone remember?

Very important.....

A quick google of those terms relate to CI's.

Prayers to TB & family.

Moo

What was the name linked to the phone # of the last "lost" tweet again? Was it "cheeseater" or something to that effect? "Cheese sniffer"???

Anyone remember?

Very important.....

A quick google of those terms relate to CI's.

Prayers to TB & family.

Moo
cheesesniffer69

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

cheesesniffer69

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wow!
Thanks east......that confirms my theory & something poster MM eluded to in her recent post above.

I'm thinking along the realm of confidential informant....a theory that's been knocked around a bit here.

RIP TB

Moo

Wow!
Thanks east......that confirms my theory & something poster MM eluded to in her recent post above.

I'm thinking along the realm of confidential informant....a theory that's been knocked around a bit here.

RIP TB

Moo

Okay. Not to get all sophomoric on you, but "cheesesniffer69" sounds like a moniker created by a dopey 14 year old boy. You know, something along the lines of "*********" and "fromundacheese".

I guess I don't really understand the infatuation with whether or not there is a video. The roommate says that he left with his backpack. Why do we need a video to show us that? I respect your opinion that the backpack might matter, though I tend to disagree based on what I said in my previous post. I tend to believe that things out of the ordinary are more important than normal habits/routine.

By all means, to each his own!

Wow!

RIP TB

Moo

What would have been in it for him to be a confidential informant?

This is only my opinion: They may have found drugs on him which would have likely buried his chances at financial aid and also his nursing future. Becoming a confidential informant could make all of that "go away"

Personal Story: I have seen a bit of the underground culture and informants are almost everywhere these days as people get clipped and offered a deal they cannot refuse. Several years ago people were talking about women with kids making deals to snitch in meth cases because if they didn't their kids would be taken away. Several people agreed with the guy telling the story.

*edit* FWIW mere possession of any amount of pot in ND is a felony. I think even paraphernalia is a felony.

This is only my opinion: They may have found drugs on him which would have likely buried his chances at financial aid and also his nursing future. Becoming a confidential informant could make all of that "go away"

Then it would have been some pretty serious drugs not just a little pot. Plus, if they found these hypothetical drugs on him during his DUI stop, those charges would have gone away too in exchange for his informant status---and they didn't.

A deal to get out of his recent arrest & fines---arrest record wiped clean...parents won't have to know a thing. He can do a "one & done"...slate is wiped clean & then head back home where he doesn't have to worry (literally the next day).

In post #2 on this thread above, Minnesota Mom linked a very interesting and sad tale of a CI who was murdered as it was found out that she had a "wire" in her purse. Violent death.

It's worth a read.

And then we have the Andrew S case which is tragic & has been tossed around a bit here too.

I really appreciate all of the brainstorming here & of course pray for justice as well as peace for TB's family.

RIP TB

Then it would have been some pretty serious drugs not just a little pot. Plus, if they found these hypothetical drugs on him during his DUI stop, those charges would have gone away too in exchange for his informant status---and they didn't.

But he didn't pay a fine, didn't do any jail time, no court date set, & there was "possession" which we don't know what that means exactly, right???? (I'm not being snarky or antagonistic---I really am asking sincerely ).

A deal to get out of his recent arrest & fines---arrest record wiped clean...parents won't have to know a thing. He can do a "one & done"...slate is wiped clean & then head back home where he doesn't have to worry (literally the next day).

In post #2 on this thread above, Minnesota Mom linked a very interesting and sad tale of a CI who was murdered as it was found out that she had a "wire" in her purse. Violent death.

It's worth a read.

And then we have the Andrew S case which is tragic & has been tossed around a bit here too.

I really appreciate all of the brainstorming & of course pray for justice as well as peace for TB's family.

RIP TB

Too late for that. His recent arrest was posted within a couple of days of his arrest and was a matter of public record as to what his charges were, his plea, and his sentence. If he had made a deal to be an informant, those charges would never have been posted on the court site.

But he didn't pay a fine, didn't do any jail time, no court date set, & there was "possession" which we don't know what that means exactly, right???? (I'm not being snarky or antagonistic---I really am asking sincerely ).

No, that's not right.
He still had an outstanding fine of $750 that was finally written off on 11/4. He also was sentenced to Community Service and an evaluation but passed away before those things could be completed.

Too late for that. His recent arrest was posted within a couple of days of his arrest and was a matter of public record as to what his charges were, his plea, and his sentence. If he had made a deal to be an informant, those charges would never have been posted on the court site.

Are you 100% sure all charges are wiped? I don't know much about that part of leo and informants. I'd say making two possible felonies go away is a pretty big deal no? (serious, not trying to pick a fight)

Okay. Not to get all sophomoric on you, but "cheesesniffer69" sounds like a moniker created by a dopey 14 year old boy. You know, something along the lines of "*********" and "fromundacheese".

True but from what I've read & heard about in the slang underground, anything "cheese (+ eater, lover, sniffer) = "rat" aka CI

Personal Story: I have seen a bit of the underground culture and informants are almost everywhere these days as people get clipped and offered a deal they cannot refuse. Several years ago people were talking about women with kids making deals to snitch in meth cases because if they didn't their kids would be taken away. Several people agreed with the guy telling the story.

*edit* FWIW mere possession of any amount of pot in ND is a felony. I think even paraphernalia is a felony.

No, possession of less than an ounce is not a felony. (And an ounce of marijuana is a lot larger quantity than you might think. Someone who is an occasional user likely wouldn't have that much on them.) Possesion of paraphanelia is not a felony either.

http://norml.org/laws/item/north-dakota-penalties-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member