ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find the phone number online. You just have to Google ' KFGO radio phone number'. It took me 5 seconds to find it.

All of this information is readily available online. KFGO has a fine website that is easily negotiated and contact information is very easy to find.

It is possible that a dog could have caught the scent of Tom not necessarily walking anywhere at all (to or from) the area.

Perhaps you should refer to IBSleuthin's post #920 which says in part:

" the dog picked up an active scent of Tom Bearson's from a shirt they had and followed that scent WEST. The dog followed, then lost the scent a short while later."

The dog FOLLOWED TB's scent to the west.

Tom required a ride home to Sartell. He was not alone at the time of his DUI. No record exists regarding his DUI in Fargo Dispatch logs for the date/time that MSM reported the event. Location of his DUI was in close proximity to campus.
Link, please.

Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea for this intrepid reporter at KFGO to get wind of this possible "connection?" regarding Tow lots?

I'm initially skeptical that it is at all related - but it is troubling that he likely had "business" at one and was found near another. It's worth looking into if it hasn't been looked at already.

Perhaps you should refer to IBSleuthin's post #920 which says in part:

" the dog picked up an active scent of Tom Bearson's from a shirt they had and followed that scent WEST. The dog followed, then lost the scent a short while later."

The dog FOLLOWED TB's scent to the west.

(I'm not an expert in dog handling - but I have a basic understanding of how these things work as do most of you. This is my disclaimer I guess.)

I can only see one conclusion from this - TB WALKED some distance to the west at one point in time. Dogs scent off of areas that TB personally touched. And shoes or other clothing items are good enough. But he had to have been on foot for the dog to track him in that direction. I'm not sure if there is another idea being floated as to why the dog tracked him to the west. If so, I don't know what other reason there could be.

Where the scent trail is lost is where things get fuzzy - a number of things could have caused this.

I haven't heard back from Mr. Haney but I wanted to know when this happened? I wanted to know how far "a short while" was. "A short while" is not usually the lingo that SAR trackers use. They usually use feet. I understand this was Mr. Haney speaking but I'm sure he must know about how far "a short while" is. Was it to the end of the block? The end of the sidewalk at the house where Tom was last reported seen? Was it on the sidewalk or on the street? Etc..

I can't believe MSM let this little tidbit of information go unreported. It's a major development as it means he was not headed back to his dorm as the Bearson family seems to think based on Patrick Fischer's mom's letter to the editor.

I haven't heard back from Mr. Haney but I wanted to know when this happened? I wanted to know how far "a short while" was. "A short while" is not usually the lingo that SAR trackers use. They usually use feet. I understand this was Mr. Haney speaking but I'm sure he must know about how far "a short while" is. Was it to the end of the block? The end of the sidewalk at the house where Tom was last reported seen? Was it on the sidewalk or on the street? Etc..

I can't believe MSM let this little tidbit of information go unreported. It's a major development as it means he was not headed back to his dorm as the Bearson family seems to think based on Patrick Fischer's mom's letter to the editor.

That was so good you had to say it twice?

I agree. It's a game changer. Why would anyone be thinking he was heading back to his dorm?

According to NDCourts.GOV Tommy was arrested by Fargo PD on 9/12/2014 for DUI and Minor in Poss or MUI. Also coincidentally C MC was also arrested for the same MUI or Minor in Poss on the same date. As far as I know it is supposition that the car was towed at all. We know Tommy did not have a vehicle at college, but did the vehicle belong to C MC, I do not know for sure. If Tommy pulled out of the roadway when pulled over the vehicle could have stayed there and not been towed, IMO.

IIRC the K-9 unit and dogs were brought out when Tommy was still missing. Had there been any indication from the K-9 of any real direction I believe much more would have been made of it at that time. One reason the scent MAY HAVE gone for a "short way" is that Tommy got into a car there.

What I find the most interesting about this case is who Tommy was with that night (JW), and the fact that ALL social media from that individual has since disappeared. And that other roommates do not discuss him at all. Did he move? To me there is something hinky about all that. It's as though he disappeared from the scene.

JMO's

I am not an expert in SAR, or K9 dogs or their handling.

In my opinion, a human’s scent existing in any area can occur without the person in question physically being the one to perform the personal touch with their hands or feet. I have read regarding scent transfer and human odor molecules.

It is very possible that some of the dog’s movement was towards the scent location. It is not like the dog magically appears in the location after smelling an article, steps need to be taken to reach any destination, and in this report sounds like “a short while”.

Interesting article:

http://www.scentevidence.com/2009/05/canine-identification-requires-kelly.html

Can someone verify the information about the scent leading the dogs west? Who heard the radio broadcast? Anyone know? At the very least we need a poster to step up and say s/her heard it firsthand. If not, then it's unsubstantiated. You can consider it as a possibility, but you cannot state it as "fact".

Thanks.

ETA: With all due respect to the OP, "pretty sure" doesn't make it so.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rgo-20-September-2014&p=11049943#post11049943

Sorry, haven't been checking this forum much in a while. I was the one that heard this on the radio that day. Good to see that someone confirmed it with kfgo.

Haven't heard anything about this case at all lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member