ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the "suspicious backpack?"
What did I miss?

According to police dispatch logs, a suspicious backpack was found at the address shown on CANTNOTCARE's map about the same time Tom's body was found. Police never were looking for Tom's backpack even though he apparently had it with him according to the Wyatt Sharp article.

If I am understanding what you are suggesting is; the dogs did not pick up a scent that would suggest Tommy left the trap at 3:40 as claimed by the same person who said he returned to the trap after the last 1:32 text. That has been my thought all along. I find that odd.

Here's a little something to keep you all busy and occupied:

http://ndsuspectrum.com/missing-ndsu-student/

"Lt. Joel Vettel said Bearson, 18, was last contacted at 3:40 a.m. Saturday."

Last contacted:
I found that wording particularly interesting. It doesn't say, "last seen, last talked to , last watched walking out the door." It says last contacted.

But, it's in direct contradiction to the reports by police that his last tweet? Text? was at 1:32AM.

Any thoughts? What does, "Last contacted" mean?

If I am understanding what you are suggesting is; the dogs did not pick up a scent that would suggest Tommy left the trap at 3:40 as claimed by the same person who said he returned to the trap after the last 1:32 text. That has been my thought all along. I find that odd.

I've been trying to find more links and solid information on just exactly what the dogs have done in that area. Do you have anything?

Here's a little something to keep you all busy and occupied:

"Lt. Joel Vettel said Bearson, 18, was last contacted at 3:40 a.m. Saturday."

Last contacted:
I found that wording particularly interesting. It doesn't say, "last seen, last talked to , last watched walking out the door." It says last contacted.

But, it's in direct contradiction to the reports by police that his last tweet? Text? was at 1:32AM.

Any thoughts? What does, "Last contacted" mean?

My thought on that is that Mr. Benjamin Norman chose those specific words (his interpretation), and went on to explain:

"was last seen near the 800 block of 14th Street North"

I've been trying to find more links and solid information on just exactly what the dogs have done in that area. Do you have anything?

“The Fargo Police Department used K-9 units and foot officers around the 800 block of 14th Street North Monday.
By Monday night, the perimeter of the search had been expanded to south of 8th Avenue North up the 14th Street North corridor.
Fargo police stationed multiple vehicles in a lot south of Dakota Drive and 8th Avenue North Monday, west of Sun Mart on University Drive.
The Fargo Fire Department sent out search boats on the Red River for a cursory search, not finding anything from 35th Avenue South to 12th Avenue North.”

How about this in the same article:

“A tweet was sent from Bearson’s apparent Twitter account the morning of his disappearance. In it, an unknown person named Jake tweets from Bearson’s account to Cody Mead.”

I simply asked how you came to the conclusion that he was dead by 1:32AM. You posted that this article was FACT not hearsay. From the article you quoted as being FACT I posted a sentence that directly stated he was reported alive after 1:32AM.
And I simply, as you requested, provided you with one of my reasons for my theory/opinion (not conclusion). I do believe it is fact that LE searched the areas they claimed with their K9 unit, and I am not only relying on the article to accept that as a fact.<modsnip>

According to police dispatch logs, a suspicious backpack was found at the address shown on CANTNOTCARE's map about the same time Tom's body was found. Police never were looking for Tom's backpack even though he apparently had it with him according to the Wyatt Sharp article.
Yes that is interesting. One would have to assume that LE has his backpack because there was no mention of it when they asked for the publics help in locating Toms shoe and phone. Hard to believe it was on him when they found him considering he was missing a shoe and his phone.

If the lack of scent by the police dogs leads to the conclusion that TB was not at the trap after the 1:32 tweet, it also must lead to the conclusion that he was never there.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

If the lack of scent by the police dogs leads to the conclusion that TB was not at the trap after the 1:32 tweet, it also must lead to the conclusion that he was never there.

So true, melodyl.

Does anyone know where the information came from that stated the dogs tracked to the west of the party house for a short distance and then lost the track?

Absolutely excellent. You don't post often but when you do it's always good!

I can't speak for him but I believe he meant what media source, as in police report, news release that sort of thing.

Yes, that's what I was looking for. If that inforrmation can be confirmed, I have reason to believe it's significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214