ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valley News today!
Police say they are Further Along on Bearson Case Than 4 Months Ago
http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/...Bearson-Case-Than-4-Months-Ago-288612491.html

Thanks for the link, mama sleuth!

I wonder what this means:

"Moorhead Police Lieutenant Tory Jacobson tells Valley News Live this is an extensive investigation that stretches out of our area."

I wonder if they're talking about the investigation of the lab work because it's being done outside of the area or if they'e doing investigating that stretches out to his home town area-----or beyond?

Very interesting.

I would say both Rocco. Lab work plus possibly crossing state lines? As he states information to share is very limited so we are just guessing now.
"Information we are able to release is very limited, just at the risk at compromising the investigation. Certainly there isn't information that we’re aware of that we’re withholding from the public that will compromise their safety," said Jacobson.

This is O/T so if not interested, please disregard but I thought I'd share it as it recently happened here in my area (Midwest) and the first thing I thought of was this case.

Our neighbor has a daughter, in her mid 20s, who lives in a city with a population approximately 85,000. She met a man who was a friend of a friend of a friend type thing, he is mid 30s. Very charming at first, for about the first 3 months. He then gradually advances to verbal abuse, then physical abuse, then she finds out he is selling illegal drugs. She tells him the relationship is over, he gets upset, comes to her apartment, kicks her door in, holds her down and stabs the floor with a knife all the way around her head but only physical marks she has is some scratches and scrapes from him throwing her onto the floor. She calls her mom, police came, of course boyfriend is gone, they ask her and mom to come to the police department to talk about this as mom and daughter feel restraining order at least is needed. Daughter tells the officers there who questioned her what took place, what she had recently found out as to the reason why she was trying to end the relationship (his selling drugs). You want to know the first thing they asked her??....Was if she would be an informant to aid in his arrest for the drug dealing. When she said no, they proceeded to tell her they don't feel a restraining order is worth pursuing. Goodbye.

This is O/T so if not interested, please disregard but I thought I'd share it as it recently happened here in my area (Midwest) and the first thing I thought of was this case.

Our neighbor has a daughter, in her mid 20s, who lives in a city with a population approximately 85,000. She met a man who was a friend of a friend of a friend type thing, he is mid 30s. Very charming at first, for about the first 3 months. He then gradually advances to verbal abuse, then physical abuse, then she finds out he is selling illegal drugs. She tells him the relationship is over, he gets upset, comes to her apartment, kicks her door in, holds her down and stabs the floor with a knife all the way around her head but only physical marks she has is some scratches and scrapes from him throwing her onto the floor. She calls her mom, police came, of course boyfriend is gone, they ask her and mom to come to the police department to talk about this as mom and daughter feel restraining order at least is needed. Daughter tells the officers there who questioned her what took place, what she had recently found out as to the reason why she was trying to end the relationship (his selling drugs). You want to know the first thing they asked her??....Was if she would be an informant to aid in his arrest for the drug dealing. When she said no, they proceeded to tell her they don't feel a restraining order is worth pursuing. Goodbye.
Isn't that scary as all get out? This young lady needs to contact CNADA, they WILL help her present her request to a judge. It's very important that she actively pursues that order of protection ASAP (through CNADA).

It has been mentioned on here that "A Fargo AM radio station was heard to report that a police dog followed Tom Bearson's scent from the area he was last reported alive, WEST to the railroad tracks". Would this be considered a rumor? Can anyone think of why a radio station would report information so exactly contradictory to all of the MSM articles? Has anyone on here personally heard that radio station report? I have not.
It is concerning to me that very early on in this investigation, it was reported in MSM that the FBI had become involved in this case, and yet there has been no further mention at all after that. Wouldn't the factor of potential state line crossing demand that need?

When the tracking dog was taken out Tom was a missing person. He didn't find him or any article that belonged to him. Therefore, the reporting by MSM articles is correct---he didn't find anything. If he initially tracked his scent to the west for a couple of blocks and then lost the scent, the reporting wouldn't change---the end result is---- he still didn't find anything. When a dog is given a scent, they try to find where that scent leads, so the dog obviously headed in a direction. The AM radio station reported the dog initially headed west then lost the scent----probably something no one really paid attention to since the end result was------he didn't find anything-----just like MSM articles reported.

These are the comments in this article, that are causing me to hold out hope for resolution:

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/...Bearson-Case-Than-4-Months-Ago-288612491.html

"Information we are able to release is very limited, just at the risk at compromising the investigation.”

"At this point they continue to do further testing and still looking at more testing as recent as this week.”

“final report…..is not holding up the investigation"

"Our investigators have a responsibility to look into anything that is provided to see if anything is creditable or valid”

“He says they are further along in the investigation than they were four months ago.”

Rocco
Did you personally hear this Fargo AM radio station report, or is this a grapevine report? Could likely have been a reporter watching the events and giving their perception of what they were viewing rather than actual knowledge provided by the K9 handlers who understand the activities of the dogs during the process. When there is no scent, the dogs search for a scent, and in order to do just that, they could head in any direction to do so.

Tom was at that house less than 48 hours before the dogs were brought there so there was a scent for the dogs to track. They didn't have to go find the scent--- his scent was still there. When they were told to track it, they moved in a direction. The radio station said that direction was west for a couple of blocks and then they lost the scent. I have no reason not to believe that, so I believe it. JMO MOO JMHO

Tom was at that house less than 48 hours before the dogs were brought there so there was a scent for the dogs to track. They didn't have to go find the scent--- his scent was still there. When they were told to track it, they moved in a direction. The radio station said that direction was west for a couple of blocks and then they lost the scent. I have no reason not to believe that, so I believe it. JMO MOO JMHO

I distinctly remember reading that the dogs followed his scent to the west towards the railroad tracks. That info was posted here. That led to the speculation that TB could have hopped a train and fell off and that could account for his injuries.

Melodyl
As you mentioned, the only place I also distinctly heard about the dogs tracking Tom's scent in any specific direction was here on Websleuths (in posts on this thread), however, there have been no accompanying verifiable sources within those discussions to substantiate that particular claim. Just very recently, Rocco inquired of me if I knew of a verifiable location of the same as it was once again being mentioned in this thread. I informed Rocco that this has been posted on here several times now, but has yet to have been verified with an actual specific reputable source, other than random “Fargo AM radio station”. Apparently, at this point, someone believes they heard that radio report, yet no one has taken the personal credit for being the one to actually hear it, knowing someone that did, or provided a verifiable source.
IMO, considering that, this "information" falls under the same category as the campus video/screenshot of Tom that has yet to have been made verifiable, but has been reported as being seen by Websleuthers on this site.

I definitely can accept that you believe it!
I enjoy this site when we allow each other to speculate!

This is very scary indeed. Please inform the neighbor's daughter that the police are law ENFORCEMENT and not law MAKERS. They do not decide anything about restraining orders, period. The daughter needs to go on down to the court house and fill out the paperwork, a JUDGE grants the OFP.

(I'm going to save the huge post I had written about how these police officers just endangered this woman's life ten fold by trying to have her become a drug informant against an already violent man, while she's attempting to leave this guy. I'd file a complaint. I would. Until enough people start filing complaints about this kind of dangerous behavior within law enforcement, things are going to go sour.)

Protect yourself, have an exit strategy, get out.

I definitely can accept that you believe it!
I enjoy this site when we allow each other to speculate!

I'm not speculating. I'm basing what I believe on a radio broadcast that there's no reason to doubt. Not sure where you're trying to go with this or why but I'm moving on as it's starting to take on the life of a' back and forth'.

Rocco
Did you personally hear this Fargo AM radio station report, or is this a grapevine report? Could likely have been a reporter watching the events and giving their perception of what they were viewing rather than actual knowledge provided by the K9 handlers who understand the activities of the dogs during the process. When there is no scent, the dogs search for a scent, and in order to do just that, they could head in any direction to do so.

(BBM)

This is true of news reporting world wide.

I enjoy the Moderator LambChop's endnote:

"A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on" - Charles Spurgeon

Can someone verify the information about the scent leading the dogs west? Who heard the radio broadcast? Anyone know? At the very least we need a poster to step up and say s/her heard it firsthand. If not, then it's unsubstantiated. You can consider it as a possibility, but you cannot state it as "fact".

Thanks.

ETA: With all due respect to the OP, "pretty sure" doesn't make it so.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rgo-20-September-2014&p=11049943#post11049943

Can someone verify the information about the scent leading the dogs west? Who heard the radio broadcast? Anyone know? At the very least we need a poster to step up and say s/her heard it firsthand. If not, then it's unsubstantiated. You can consider it as a possibility, but you cannot state it as "fact".

Thanks.

ETA: With all due respect to the OP, "pretty sure" doesn't make it so.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rgo-20-September-2014&p=11049943#post11049943

Yes, I can verify this information. I just spoke by phone with KFGO news reporter, Don Haney, who was there on scene when this happened and he stated that the dog picked up an active scent of Tom Bearson's from a shirt they had and followed that scent WEST. The dog followed, then lost the scent a short while later.

This was not his interpretation of the dog's actions, it was explained by the dog handler.

He was told that losing the scent might be the result of any number of things. When I asked if the information about the radio broadcast having this information and if this information was correct he said, "Yes".

You are welcome.

IBsleuthin <----------does what it says, says what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214